Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:45:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized.  (Read 108770 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flminer

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:27:12 PM

I have a 550W PSU and I want to power 1 or 2 more cards with it on a rig that already has a PSU powering a card.

The PSU has three +12V all at 18A each for a total of 470W.  So each one can really only draw 156W correct?  As 1080ti's take 2 connectors and I made sure they were on different wires do individual cables ever need to draw more than 150W?  How is it devided between the 8 pin and the 6 pin connector?  At 100% tpd they card draws 250W.  If it draws more from the 8 pin It could be risky?  Also PSU's don't aways output max what they say.  I plan to run it at 60-80 TPD so it is likely to work but is it just too risky?  Is going to take a like three weeks before I can get hold of any plat PSU's  I suppose I could settle for a Gold.

yeah it could work but  you need to know exactly how the cable matches the rails.

1 rail may not work on the pcie cables  it may go to the mobo in the cpu cable and the 24 pin cable.

so you may have 2 rails one for one cable one for the other.

I need the exact make and model  I may be able to tell you how to hook it up.

plan to run at 60 not 80

you are using a riser correct?

Thanks man appreciate all the advice I will get around to figuring out how give you a donation sometime in the next few days.    They are old PSUs ac bel pc7014,  I googled it but nothing came up so prolly easier just to let it go.

I plan to use risers when they come.  Right now I am just recycling old motherboards from past gaming machines I never bothered to sell, surpisingly all my old MB's have 3 or 4 PCI-e x1 slots.

Ok backup plan.  If I get two open air rigs right next to each other and the I use this old PSU just to power the motherboard etc and I have a 1050W PSU powering another rig and two 1080ti's.  Could I use power from that PSU to power the cards?  Just means I would would have to power up and down both rigs at the same time but its just a stop gap measure until my parts arrive on snail mail.   I already have the two new 1080ti's just cant find a PSU.

Or I actually have 2 560W psu's I could run both motherboards off them and use the 1050W PSU just for the video cards.  I dunno if this is possible though.

if you have an old gpu like like 280x and 7970 try it first on them..that psu on a 1080 ti...that's brave.

yeah PSUs got scarce just like GPUs

just want to share what i got here scavenging  Cheesy

I do have some old cards that are pretty much useless I can test with but what exactly am I testing?  I know they work and the PSU's work.   I am just trying to figure out a solution.

Better to set the old cards up with those psu and run for a few days. That way if there is a hidden problem with the psu you will hopefully only fry the old gpu instead of a premium card.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 09:51:45 PM

I'm going to test using them with gtx1080tis at first then possibly some gtx1060s, I was told you can only get 4 running on x16 slots only and 2 on x8 and x4 slots....still need to play with this.....

If I can get this running, my next step is to test it on micro workstations....you can pickup refurbished dell/hp micro workstations with 1 x16 and 2 x1slots for $75-100....allowing the use of 6 gpu.

Then this would allow me to further expand on my current dell workstations I'm using, which have 2 x16, and 2 x1 slots, would possibly allow me to run 8-10 gpu off these refurbished computers I'm using

Storx, can you let me know the markings on the main chip for your splitter?  Assuming they didn't sandpaper it off.

Im curious as to what chip they are using on that model.

I plan to be getting together with my father who is a hardware engineer; to design a project Wink

Hey bud, i looked over the chips.. it seems that all the markings have been removed and some have what appears to be black epoxy on them painted..

yep... figures... lol   Thanks for checking Wink

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
EvilMonkey

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:27:03 PM

I have a 550W PSU and I want to power 1 or 2 more cards with it on a rig that already has a PSU powering a card.

The PSU has three +12V all at 18A each for a total of 470W.  So each one can really only draw 156W correct?  As 1080ti's take 2 connectors and I made sure they were on different wires do individual cables ever need to draw more than 150W?  How is it devided between the 8 pin and the 6 pin connector?  At 100% tpd they card draws 250W.  If it draws more from the 8 pin It could be risky?  Also PSU's don't aways output max what they say.  I plan to run it at 60-80 TPD so it is likely to work but is it just too risky?  Is going to take a like three weeks before I can get hold of any plat PSU's  I suppose I could settle for a Gold.

yeah it could work but  you need to know exactly how the cable matches the rails.

1 rail may not work on the pcie cables  it may go to the mobo in the cpu cable and the 24 pin cable.

so you may have 2 rails one for one cable one for the other.

I need the exact make and model  I may be able to tell you how to hook it up.

plan to run at 60 not 80

you are using a riser correct?

Thanks man appreciate all the advice I will get around to figuring out how give you a donation sometime in the next few days.    They are old PSUs ac bel pc7014,  I googled it but nothing came up so prolly easier just to let it go.

I plan to use risers when they come.  Right now I am just recycling old motherboards from past gaming machines I never bothered to sell, surpisingly all my old MB's have 3 or 4 PCI-e x1 slots.

Ok backup plan.  If I get two open air rigs right next to each other and the I use this old PSU just to power the motherboard etc and I have a 1050W PSU powering another rig and two 1080ti's.  Could I use power from that PSU to power the cards?  Just means I would would have to power up and down both rigs at the same time but its just a stop gap measure until my parts arrive on snail mail.   I already have the two new 1080ti's just cant find a PSU.

Or I actually have 2 560W psu's I could run both motherboards off them and use the 1050W PSU just for the video cards.  I dunno if this is possible though.

if you have an old gpu like like 280x and 7970 try it first on them..that psu on a 1080 ti...that's brave.

yeah PSUs got scarce just like GPUs

just want to share what i got here scavenging  Cheesy

I do have some old cards that are pretty much useless I can test with but what exactly am I testing?  I know they work and the PSU's work.   I am just trying to figure out a solution.

Better to set the old cards up with those psu and run for a few days. That way if there is a hidden problem with the psu you will hopefully only fry the old gpu instead of a premium card.

They are already in old pc's that are confirmed working but I dont plan to run any cards on them anyways but what I am trying to do prolly wont work.
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:41:33 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 06:03:08 AM by EvilMonkey

BTW for all those people interested after serveral people asked storx how he was mining blake2s algro and he never responded.

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version of Nicehash.exe to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:43:46 AM

BTW for all those people interested after serveral people asked storx how he was mining blake2s algro and he never responded.

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

Wow so with the new release looks like the price just tanked now that everyone can mine it haha.  Or something funny is going on.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:53:57 AM

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

Wow so with the new release looks like the price just tanked now that everyone can mine it haha.  Or something funny is going on.

i put my strongest test rig to blake2s Nicehash

ccminer-80-x64 -a blake2s -o stratum+tcp://blake2s.hk.nicehash.com:3361 -u <BTCaddress> -p x --cpu-priority=3

3x1080ti=22GHs getting 0.007 BTC per day - that's way down vs ZEC

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
bdiddle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:50:31 AM

You sure about ZEC?

It's also way down in profitability right now.
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:28:14 AM

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

What are you talking about, i posted the entire code of my miner batch about 2 pages back with all that info.. to mine blake2s and many others.... lol....

I am in the fine tuning phase of my miner i have coded... it auto-switches between algo's with 30min timeouts once it starts a new algo (testing this part), which changes OC and UV settings on the fly before it starts the next algo... so your always mining at the most efficient settings for the algo...

Currently im testing something out, i found the other night i mistakenly forgot to turn off a miner algo i was tuning and started another algo... the first algo only dropped like 10% in hashrates while the 2nd one was able to mine at roughly 60% of normal hashrate... combined.. its better than either one separately... but the process is slow.. because different algo's seem to not play well with one another.... so trying multiple settings to see if i can figure out a list that can be mined together...

I am also writing/testing out a prototype idea i have, that auto-tunes based on hashrate per watt... it uses the reporting query function of the ccminers and starts at base clocks and starts at 50% tdp, it adds 1% tdp and runs 30 lines before comparing the hashrate/watt value to the last value. If the value is better it moves on to next line and goes 1 by 1 tell it gets the highest hashrate/watt value.... its an idea im working on.. but i hope to one day figure it out and have it published in a powershell

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:02:24 AM

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

What are you talking about, i posted the entire code of my miner batch about 2 pages back with all that info.. to mine blake2s and many others.... lol....

I am in the fine tuning phase of my miner i have coded... it auto-switches between algo's with 30min timeouts once it starts a new algo (testing this part), which changes OC and UV settings on the fly before it starts the next algo... so your always mining at the most efficient settings for the algo...

Currently im testing something out, i found the other night i mistakenly forgot to turn off a miner algo i was tuning and started another algo... the first algo only dropped like 10% in hashrates while the 2nd one was able to mine at roughly 60% of normal hashrate... combined.. its better than either one separately... but the process is slow.. because different algo's seem to not play well with one another.... so trying multiple settings to see if i can figure out a list that can be mined together...

I am also writing/testing out a prototype idea i have, that auto-tunes based on hashrate per watt... it uses the reporting query function of the ccminers and starts at base clocks and starts at 50% tdp, it adds 1% tdp and runs 30 lines before comparing the hashrate/watt value to the last value. If the value is better it moves on to next line and goes 1 by 1 tell it gets the highest hashrate/watt value.... its an idea im working on.. but i hope to one day figure it out and have it published in a powershell

I thought u said you were doing it with Nicehash.exe.  Also I saw you post all your code and I really don't understand what or why you are posting what you post sometimes.  Your batch file post was about some new riser board you got and how to set OC settings from batch file, not sure how anyone is supposed to know to look through pages of text to find the answer to an unrelated question.

Like I said previously I had to guess what you were talking about half the time. I did eventually figure it out though after a bunch of playing around.  It just was not profitable when I tried to mine it as it seems to jump around ALOT, hence the auto switcher I guess.
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:05:41 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 08:04:34 AM by EvilMonkey

Wow so with the new release looks like the price just tanked now that everyone can mine it haha.  Or something funny is going on.

ccminer-80-x64 -a blake2s -o stratum+tcp://blake2s.hk.nicehash.com:3361 -u <BTCaddress> -p x --cpu-priority=3

The price jumps around like crazy.  Sometimes its at like 12-14$ other times it is down at 5$.  I dunno why.  I put my 3x1080ti and was getting around 24GH/s  which was giving me (just on nicehash.exe not using a manual batch file)  29$ a day US.  After like 1 hour it dropped down to $15.  It's not reliable at all.  Whattomine is saying 10$ a day per card but I have only seen it do that a few times most of the time it hangs around at 5-6$ per card.  So going back to skein for now.  Zpool has been really reliable last week.
Jmattes

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:39:29 PM

Wow so with the new release looks like the price just tanked now that everyone can mine it haha.  Or something funny is going on.

The price jumps around like crazy.  Sometimes its at like 12-14$ other times it is down at 5$.  I dunno why.  I put my 3x1080ti and was getting around 24GH/s  which was giving me (just on nicehash.exe not using a manual batch file)  29$ a day US.  After like 1 hour it dropped down to $15.  It's not reliable at all.  Whattomine is saying 10$ a day per card but I have only seen it do that a few times most of the time it hangs around at 5-6$ per card.  So going back to skein for now.  Zpool has been really reliable last week.

I was about to switch off of Nicehash actually.. was thinking of going to a skein algo..
DO you recommend Zpool?

bentcrypto

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:12:47 PM

I figured it out you needed to download a beta/test version of Nicehash.exe to get it going.  They have just released a new version too that also supports blake and it is doing 10$ a day which is better than zec and skein right now.

You should go back 1 or 2 pages and re-read one of the best posts recently.
It was posted by board member Storx.
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:16:21 PM

You sure about ZEC?

everything is way down in profitability
ever since eth flashed crashed to 10 cents for a short time wednesday everyone pulled out of everything it seems

the flash crash was the result of someone placing a multi-million-dollar sell order at market price, meaning ETH would change hands at whatever price bidders were currently offering until the entire order was filled – no matter how much lower the price was than the current price of ETH.

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 7889

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 07:11:36 PM

You sure about ZEC?

ever since eth flashed crashed to 10 cents for a short time wednesday everyone pulled out of everything it seems

the flash crash was the result of someone placing a multi-million-dollar sell order at market price, meaning ETH would change hands at whatever price bidders were currently offering until the entire order was filled – no matter how much lower the price was than the current price of ETH.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

top 12 coins all crushed

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Storx

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:23:21 PM

You sure about ZEC?

Ya a lot of people lost a ton of money, Youtuber BBT lost over 137k from it.. he mainly mines ETH and had stop loss limits set in case of drops in price.... and when the snowball effect occurred, it triggered his auto-sells cashing him out on 291k worth of ETH at 154k price point...

What had happened was an ETH ICO wanted to cashout some of his funds for some unknown reason... ($275,814,878.06 worth of ETH to be exact), which took all the sell orders set in the system, which kept lowering the price on the exchange due to automatic price shift based on volume algo, so as the sell order was fulfilled, it just kept dropping and dropping, triggerings millions of people's auto sell limits.. which totaled MORE than the volume of fiat cash available on the exchange, thus dropping it to 10 cents, but millions also made a fortune off this.. IBS mining group had auto buys setup on ETH at some super low limit and bought up MILLIONS at around $0.25 a share... which once the exchange stabilized.. brought him up to a multi-billion dollar account worth..

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:23:07 PM

You sure about ZEC?

Ya a lot of people lost a ton of money, Youtuber BBT lost over 137k from it.. he mainly mines ETH and had stop loss limits set in case of drops in price.... and when the snowball effect occurred, it triggered his auto-sells cashing him out on 291k worth of ETH at 154k price point...

What had happened was an ETH ICO wanted to cashout some of his funds for some unknown reason... ($275,814,878.06 worth of ETH to be exact), which took all the sell orders set in the system, which kept lowering the price on the exchange due to automatic price shift based on volume algo, so as the sell order was fulfilled, it just kept dropping and dropping, triggerings millions of people's auto sell limits.. which totaled MORE than the volume of fiat cash available on the exchange, thus dropping it to 10 cents, but millions also made a fortune off this.. IBS mining group had auto buys setup on ETH at some super low limit and bought up MILLIONS at around $0.25 a share... which once the exchange stabilized.. brought him up to a multi-billion dollar account worth..

amazing.... crypto exchanges has a long way to go to be on par to stock exchanges - I bet there are safe-guards to monitor and track events like above at NYSE etc.

Anyways, if you a trader/speculator .... the charts doesn't looks good because its still a sea of red. If you are a miner, not so bad.... but you are earning less - keep calm and keep the miners powered on

I feel like getting into XRP and Golem since its on the cheap now....

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Storx

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:02:09 PM

You sure about ZEC?

amazing.... crypto exchanges has a long way to go to be on par to stock exchanges - I bet there are safe-guards to monitor and track events like above at NYSE etc.

Anyways, if you a trader/speculator .... the charts doesn't looks good because its still a sea of red. If you are a miner, not so bad.... but you are earning less - keep calm and keep the miners powered on

ya, its been ruff few days.. still profitable tho... to take advantage of the zcash with the lower power consumption mining, i noticed that when im mining on EWBF for equihash on zpool im consuming roughly 18% less watts across the cards and they run cooler... so i inflated my equihash numbers by 18% to favor it when its up on profit more so than others.. it has turned out to be a decent day earning today, mainly swapping between equihash, hmq1725, and blake2s on auto swap...

Storx

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:50:50 PM

Well that lasted all but 5 minutes... got the notification that the new Mining Specific cards went on sale on Newegg at 7pm today, by the time i got home to check them out they are all sold out...
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202291&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11877032&PID=1800524&SID=

VyprBTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:04:07 AM

You sure about ZEC?

Yeah and these are micky mouse exchanges - I had a colleague and close friend of mines get federal prison time because of the flash crash back 09/10 can't remember. It was pretty fucked up. Not only did he lose about 8 million of his own money he lost about 90 million of investors money - it wasn't even the 90 million he lost - it was because he didn't let them know and kept trying to make the money back that sent him to prison. If he would have just told them, he would have never got screwed. Good ol USA. I can't wait to retire in another country.
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:12:33 AM

You sure about ZEC?

yes the stock exchange has a trigger if a stock goes up a point or down a point to fast it will put the stock on a 5 min hold

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: