Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 07:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to do next?
Don't ask for refund on Batch 1 chips - 23 (48.9%)
Ask for a refund on Batch 1 chips - 24 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 47

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed]Avalon Chips - 0.081 BTC (Global+Escrow)-BATCH2 SECURED  (Read 100190 times)
hamstorg

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:32:12 PM

Szia, Hydra!

I'll be using english so everybody can understand, as I have a few concerns I'd like to share with everybody to ensure everything goes alright.

I have been watching the group buy from the corner of my shadowy man-cave and I would like to congratulate you on your work, and want to let you know that you have my full support, since we speak the same language, and live close to each other. Hopefully we can meet soon enough back in Romania and have that beer we were talking about ! Smiley.

Firstly, and excuse me if I missed it reading up on the group buy, but can you offer us invoices?

Secondly, Can you offer us a secure way of shipping the chips? i.e an insured shipment in case of damages, or lost packages( I realize that the chances are slim, but still)

Thirdly, I must admit, I have a sick mind, but this is a business and I need to protect my(others) investments.

Have you considered hiring personal guards while picking up the chips? I'm sure everybody including me would be happy to chip in for extra security measures to make sure everything goes smoothly. I know this might sound absurd and I am indeed a bit paranoid but this is a legitimate risk that we need to take into consideration. With a bit of googling I can easily identify you. And if I can do it, I'm sure somebody else can too.(I think you know where this can go...) This brings up security problems. Somebody could easily rob the chips from you in a matter of seconds the day you go and pick them up from customs or post office. And to be honest, I haven't seen anybody complaining about this...maybe because the escrow service covers it?? I honestly don't know and would like to be enlightened about this matter. I don't know how heavy the chips are, but I've estimated a maximum of maybe 5 grams each, thats about 50 kilograms in total + packaging for all the chips. Not a heavy lift for 100k.

I'm planning on getting a decent amount of chips in this second batch, I will be back with an order sometime this week hopefully Smiley

Best of luck and keep up the good work!

ham

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:08:12 AM

@OP:

Small nagging request: could you please put the thread updates newest on top (i.e. reverse chronological order) so the freshest news are seen first.

Thx Smiley
t13hydra (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:16:26 AM

@OP:

Small nagging request: could you please put the thread updates newest on top (i.e. reverse chronological order) so the freshest news are seen first.

Thx Smiley
Read my mind. Yes, of course
ashaw596

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:43:13 AM

Just wondering, were we every able to get a quote on a 32 chip miner? Or a 64 chip miner?
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:12:51 AM

Thank you all for your time, efforts and orders.

For the sake of being fair, i will give up my orders for the two persons, who happened to order a bit late:
CryptoMaster and Tigggger, both of you have got a place in this batch. i've give a long thought to this and i have decided that i will have my own chips anyway, with a later batch, eventually.

Welcome aboard this batch. I'll update the main post too, as soon as i get to my laptop.

Best regards to all and see you in a few hours for the second batch! Got to go feed my son... Cheesy

You are very generous, however you should be rewarded. I ordered 40 chips thinking we may do the 20 chip boards, however my gut tells me we will be doing the 16 chip boards so I will have 8 over.

I have just added another 8 to the second batch (to make 16) so if were going for 16 chip boards please feel free to roll over 8 chips from first batch to second and use them for yourself until the second batch comes in.

1DononEbNw8traGfgQpvkV99tRPkat8H7t

southerngentuk ; 8 ; 0.664 ; 1DononEbNw8traGfgQpvkV99tRPkat8H7t

G5HObDr6YwLE6mVuVbNqTUNS8Uh0tBx2PLOV1KGas6YdJ8gfLJRbisXQdZt9D3PbqxRmCUAp+3d3cHW9Q01pk4k=

Transaction ID: 15084c339f477cacd69f71facd1f588e1107a0d31f74e8c971ddd7f1bf3a31e4

Hopefully I have my Signing and address sorted this time around  Wink

1DononEbNw8traGfgQpvkV99tRPkat8H7t  :  1CUXbvfqud3vGmeHBDzbJzwqd3dMcjn7Di

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
alchimista

Activity: 154

ars longa, vita brevis

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:57:47 AM

- I have a final price of 85 Eur for the Klondike16, 16 chip miner. I still have to get quotation for the heatsinks and fans, but the final price covers all.

Are you planning to make 32 chip ones? Or 64 maybe?
Is the PSU included in the price?

- I'm opening up the idea of "Hosting". No need to send several kilograms across the globe. You will have the opportunity to leave the miner here in Romania, using cheap electricity, being up 99% and being able to control the miner remotely. I will have a chilled environment, secure location, with two internet providers (one for backup) and dedicated support person in case of any emergency. I'll also post some pictures of the place soon.

I hope you are going to receive -> build -> ship also, i don't know if electricity in romania is so cheaper than somewhere else, talking about ASICs. Maybe i can send you my GPU, that would be nice Cheesy

"Ab tam tenui initio tantae opes sunt profligatae"
Vendo Bitcoin a mano a Pisa \ Firenze .:. Compro e Vendo Bitcoin postepay|sepa
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:27:34 AM

Just wondering, were we every able to get a quote on a 32 chip miner? Or a 64 chip miner?
What's important is the K16, the 16 chip design, because it will be daisy-chained together with other 1-3 boards to get to the 32 / 64 chip miner. The nice thing is, that if you connect them through the special connector, you will use only one USB port.
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:38:27 AM

Thank you all for your time, efforts and orders.

For the sake of being fair, i will give up my orders for the two persons, who happened to order a bit late:
CryptoMaster and Tigggger, both of you have got a place in this batch. i've give a long thought to this and i have decided that i will have my own chips anyway, with a later batch, eventually.

Welcome aboard this batch. I'll update the main post too, as soon as i get to my laptop.

Best regards to all and see you in a few hours for the second batch! Got to go feed my son... Cheesy

You are very generous, however you should be rewarded. I ordered 40 chips thinking we may do the 20 chip boards, however my gut tells me we will be doing the 16 chip boards so I will have 8 over.

I have just added another 8 to the second batch (to make 16) so if were going for 16 chip boards please feel free to roll over 8 chips from first batch to second and use them for yourself until the second batch comes in.

1DononEbNw8traGfgQpvkV99tRPkat8H7t

southerngentuk ; 8 ; 0.664 ; 1DononEbNw8traGfgQpvkV99tRPkat8H7t

G5HObDr6YwLE6mVuVbNqTUNS8Uh0tBx2PLOV1KGas6YdJ8gfLJRbisXQdZt9D3PbqxRmCUAp+3d3cHW9Q01pk4k=

Transaction ID: 15084c339f477cacd69f71facd1f588e1107a0d31f74e8c971ddd7f1bf3a31e4

Hopefully I have my Signing and address sorted this time around  Wink

1DononEbNw8traGfgQpvkV99tRPkat8H7t  :  1CUXbvfqud3vGmeHBDzbJzwqd3dMcjn7Di

Hey Smiley
Order confirmed! Thanks. I guess i won't have a choice but to roll over the chips till the next batch. However, if i will have some spare chips, i'll create a full miner for you and send it your way (or hold them in hosting, whichever you choose).

1st thread updated with the current, Second batch orders.
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:46:08 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 11:59:33 AM by t13hydra

Szia, Hydra!

I'll be using english so everybody can understand, as I have a few concerns I'd like to share with everybody to ensure everything goes alright.

I have been watching the group buy from the corner of my shadowy man-cave and I would like to congratulate you on your work, and want to let you know that you have my full support, since we speak the same language, and live close to each other. Hopefully we can meet soon enough back in Romania and have that beer we were talking about ! Smiley.

Firstly, and excuse me if I missed it reading up on the group buy, but can you offer us invoices?

Secondly, Can you offer us a secure way of shipping the chips? i.e an insured shipment in case of damages, or lost packages( I realize that the chances are slim, but still)

Thirdly, I must admit, I have a sick mind, but this is a business and I need to protect my(others) investments.

Have you considered hiring personal guards while picking up the chips? I'm sure everybody including me would be happy to chip in for extra security measures to make sure everything goes smoothly. I know this might sound absurd and I am indeed a bit paranoid but this is a legitimate risk that we need to take into consideration. With a bit of googling I can easily identify you. And if I can do it, I'm sure somebody else can too.(I think you know where this can go...) This brings up security problems. Somebody could easily rob the chips from you in a matter of seconds the day you go and pick them up from customs or post office. And to be honest, I haven't seen anybody complaining about this...maybe because the escrow service covers it?? I honestly don't know and would like to be enlightened about this matter. I don't know how heavy the chips are, but I've estimated a maximum of maybe 5 grams each, thats about 50 kilograms in total + packaging for all the chips. Not a heavy lift for 100k.

I'm planning on getting a decent amount of chips in this second batch, I will be back with an order sometime this week hopefully Smiley

Best of luck and keep up the good work!

ham

Szia, Ham.

1. I won't be able to give out legal invoices, because i don't have a company. In Romania (and not just here), it's a real pain to have a company and have all kinds of government people knocking on your door, asking for their cut from the business income. As i'm not sure how constant this cryptocoin hardware business will be, i must admit i don't wish to have a company just yet.
2. About the secure shipments, i assure you that you will have the option to ship with insurance and via express services. It only depends on how much are you willing to pay for your shipment.
3, About the bodyguards... Smiley I believe in security through obscurity. Please feel free to look me up and try to find my address if you're at it. PM with your search results. In case you do find me, i will be hiring bodyguards. Although, i won't be going alone to the customs to pick up our batch and i won't be going unarmed. But still, who am i? Just human... So i'm waiting for your results Wink

[EDIT: ROFL Smiley) ... i've shocked myself with FINDING myself and my full address. I'll give your thoughts an even more serious consideration.] @google: you nerds sometimes ain't helpin' .. sometimes you do the opposite.
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:46:27 AM

@OP:

Thx Smiley
Done Wink
oslik

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:34:04 PM

16 chips board is the final solution or we also hope to 20 chips board?
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:34:51 PM

16 chips. Easy, cheap, plug&play, connectable, etc
oslik

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:46:40 PM

16 chips. Easy, cheap, plug&play, connectable, etc

damn it...I preordered 20 chips...too much for 16 board...too little for two 16 boards  Grin Grin Grin I must preordered another 12 chips, but the batch 2 is unfortunately at the beginning. It's very difficult decision, wait or not?...hmmm   Smiley
CryptoMaster

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:18:49 PM

Are there any news regarding the feasibility of the 80-chip Avalon design?

I understand Klondike's can be chained, but the cost grows quickly up to 80 chips (Assuming the chained PCB's will cost the same as a single, that's 85€ * (80/16) = 425€ per 80 chips).

If the Avalon design was feasible and its cost was lower than the cost of the 5 Klondike's needed, then it would be a cheaper option for middle to bigger orders. We would then have several combinations of 80-chip and 16-chip PCB's that would probably accommodate 95% of the orders chip counts from what I quickly glanced.

What are your thoughts on this?
alchimista

Activity: 154

ars longa, vita brevis

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:21:08 PM

I have some questions now:
1) Did Avalon give any shipping time informations about the "test chips"?
2) Is the PSU included in the price?
z) If it's 85 for a 16 chip board then for a 80 it's 425 right?
3) Where can is see the layout of the PCB? Is it on Bkks klondike github page? or when will you give informations about this?
4) Will it be plug n play on cgminer? Or what are your plans about it?
5) Can i use it on a RasPi?
6) How long are you planning the time could be between delivering (to you) and shipping out (to us) ?
7) Will you release testing informations when you start using the board with the chips avalon should send you before the 10weeks? Maybe videos or something like that.

"Ab tam tenui initio tantae opes sunt profligatae"
Vendo Bitcoin a mano a Pisa \ Firenze .:. Compro e Vendo Bitcoin postepay|sepa
FFMG

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:05:06 PM

FFMG; 16; 1.328; 1EQG1ZdThvkauvm2HBBWMvXTBBJQB5hfjG

I will try and add 16 more later...

Thanks

FFMG

BTC : 1EQG1ZdThvkauvm2HBBWMvXTBBJQB5hfjG
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:33:35 PM

Are there any news regarding the feasibility of the 80-chip Avalon design?

I understand Klondike's can be chained, but the cost grows quickly up to 80 chips (Assuming the chained PCB's will cost the same as a single, that's 85€ * (80/16) = 425€ per 80 chips).

If the Avalon design was feasible and its cost was lower than the cost of the 5 Klondike's needed, then it would be a cheaper option for middle to bigger orders. We would then have several combinations of 80-chip and 16-chip PCB's that would probably accommodate 95% of the orders chip counts from what I quickly glanced.

What are your thoughts on this?

You are right. I'm still waiting for the Avalon team to post a few more information. The design is feasible, but i don't have enough information to start working on it.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:59:32 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 08:56:39 AM by DobZombie

My purchase still isn't listed on the batch 1 list  Sad

Do I have to send a specific message or something?

EDIT : I'm blind, it's there Tongue

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:15:08 AM

My purchase still isn't listed on the batch 1 list  Sad

Do I have to send a specific message or something?
Dob,
You are number #13. Hope you like the number, it's my favorite one Wink
mueslo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:13:48 PM

How's the Website going? Any way I can help?

Also, I think it'd be a good idea to give a few Euros/Bitcoins of every board to BkkCoins, if we'll be able to get his design working once it's finished. See also this discussion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: