Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:58:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to do next?
Don't ask for refund on Batch 1 chips - 23 (48.9%)
Ask for a refund on Batch 1 chips - 24 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 47

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed]Avalon Chips - 0.081 BTC (Global+Escrow)-BATCH2 SECURED  (Read 100162 times)
Miracek

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:24:07 AM

Hey Steve

The website is looking good, is it officially open now?  meaning if someone places an order there for board and chips, will it automatically add to this Group buy?
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:25:37 AM

Hey Steve

The website is looking good, is it officially open now?  meaning if someone places an order there for board and chips, will it automatically add to this Group buy?

this is some kind of bump or you are just blind?.) pls read OP.
Miracek

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:41:06 AM

Hey Steve

As someone who has a very vested interest in this Group buy going through, I have read every word in this thread, probably a few times over.  An no where does Steve clearly state that orders for boards with chips on his website adds to this Group buy.  He can be selling chips that he would have ordered in the first batch he submitted.  He does mention that he has opened his website and that this might help move this group buy along, but again, it's not clear that purchases from the site actually add to this batch.

So thanks for your comments, and helping to keeping this OP alive, but asking someone if they are blind for asking a question doesn't really help anyone.  The more information available and the clearer the message on this op, the more people may want to make purchases here.  But if that have to worry about being slammed for asking questions, they might think twice.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:57:50 AM

Hey Steve

As someone who has a very vested interest in this Group buy going through, I have read every word in this thread, probably a few times over.  An no where does Steve clearly state that orders for boards with chips on his website adds to this Group buy.  He can be selling chips that he would have ordered in the first batch he submitted.  He does mention that he has opened his website and that this might help move this group buy along, but again, it's not clear that purchases from the site actually add to this batch.

So thanks for your comments, and helping to keeping this OP alive, but asking someone if they are blind for asking a question doesn't really help anyone.  The more information available and the clearer the message on this op, the more people may want to make purchases here.  But if that have to worry about being slammed for asking questions, they might think twice.

I ordered chips in first batch here, and once I read this announcement (The website is ready for orders!) from OP, I also ordered and paid boards and linked it via signed message with chips. All is clear and support from ordering webpage communicate really fast. As I already mentioned, my order is now in processing status.

what is your problem? you need to receive PM from Steve, that you should order boards on his web or what?.)
t13hydra (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:47:18 AM

Calm down guys Smiley Come on, it's Friday Wink
Yes, the orders from the site are officially open. I've opened another thread with this, but it was 3 am last night and i have't had time to copy the news here too. Anyway, here it is:

>>---------------------------------------->>
Hello everyone,
I'm creating this thread to announce the GoLive of my website, www.AlphaHPC.com. The site was created in an effort to make ordering Avalon Chips and Klondike / Avalon miners easy. Also, it's a good way to keep everyone updated though the newsletter (don't forget to sign up). I've already finished a batch of 10k Avalon chips and have opened anpother one. I'm using John K.'s escrow service to hold the funds for the Avalon chips.

SO! What do we have now? -->
 - Website working
 - Payment gateway working
 - Ordering / notifications / customer communication working
 - Automatic status change based on payment (after n confirmations)
 - Newsletter for major updates
 - Blog for minor updates
 - Hope you like the visuals

About the Hardware:
 - Klondike16 prototype, barebone PCB ordered (lead time is about 2 weeks)
 - A good, firm price offer from the factory for 100 pieces of K16. Tomorrow i'll ask for a price on 1000 pieces. I bet we can shrink the miner prices that way.
 - Place and manpower to setup the hosting service for the persons interested in this. The hosting fee will be 10% and will cover everything, meaning no additional fees above that.

What we don't have: some clarification on the main Avalon reference boards. Some parts don't have parameters. Help is on it's way, so we need a few more days to sort the bill of materials out and then we can ask for a quotation on the main Avalon boards also.

That being said, i'm opening the order window for the Klondike boards. Go to www.AlphaHPC.com, create an account and configure yourself a miner.
- The Avalon chips ordered from the site will be part of the Group-Buy already open here. Hopefully it will fill up faster.
- The Klondike boards and all necessary parts will be ordered after we (and BkkCoins) have successfully tested a prototype Klondike miner with the sample chips from Avalon. If there is demand for 1000 Klondike boards, i will have a stunning street price for them, if not, the price for each board will stay at around 0.7 - 0.85 BTC.

For everything else i have forgotten in this topic, please ask.
My main contact e-mail address is contact@alphahpc.com.
www.AlphaHPC.com
>>---------------------------------------->>
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:03:15 AM

Everyone, 5.184 BTC popped up in the escrow address. Who has sent it? No PM, no reply to the topic..
alchimista

Activity: 154

ars longa, vita brevis

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:10:20 AM

Good morning Steve,
Got two questions.

1) Could you make a price for 10x Boards aswell?
2) Is the International Shipping price comprehensive of an insurance on possible damage/package lost?

"Ab tam tenui initio tantae opes sunt profligatae"
Vendo Bitcoin a mano a Pisa \ Firenze .:. Compro e Vendo Bitcoin postepay|sepa
t13hydra (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:12:29 AM

Good morning Steve,
Got two questions.

1) Could you make a price for 10x Boards aswell?
2) Is the International Shipping price comprehensive of an insurance on possible damage/package lost?
Hi,
1. Unfortunately the prices refer to eighter a batch of 100 or 1000 pieces. Making a price for 10 pieces from a batch of 100 takes away very little incentive. Making a price for 10 pieces straight from the manufacturer boosts the price up to 150-200 eur.
You could group with other people and order 50 pieces straight from my website. You get 20% off by ordering 50 pieces. Also, it would make sure we hit the 100 pieces target faster, so i can secure the funds for that (at least, if not for a 1000 pieces order).
2. The shipping does ot cover insurance as it will cost a lot more (+ $150). I will make a shipping option WITH insurance also, so you can choose exactly how you wish to receive your miner. I have spoken only to DHL for now, but i need quotations from FedEx and TNT too. There's also the option to keep them in hosting service. You can start earning coins as soon as the facory delivers the goods, i mean on the same day for a fee of 10% out of the miner's power. No additional costs exist here, the 10% covers all from electricity to employees.

Steve
Miracek

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:41:27 PM

I ordered chips in first batch here, and once I read this announcement (The website is ready for orders!) from OP, I also ordered and paid boards and linked it via signed message with chips. All is clear and support from ordering webpage communicate really fast. As I already mentioned, my order is now in processing status.

what is your problem? you need to receive PM from Steve, that you should order boards on his web or what?.)

Yes I really need Steve to tell me to order boards on his website, apparently clear communication is not something you are familiar with.  So I will re-iterate the point.  As it's was not clearly states in the OP or on the website at that time that any order would be adding to this group buy.  I asked.  reason? because the clearer the processes is, the more likely the people who are not sure about ordering might be convinced to order with Steve.  Fortunately Steve understands that which is why he made the clear and simple statement on his op for the website. That any orders placed there will add to this group by.
mo_mo

Activity: 194

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:58:36 PM

sorry i am such a newbie, can I just buy the board +chips together and once I get it, it's ready to use with a power supply
Miracek

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:06:34 PM

Hey Mo_mo
you can order board and chips from the OP's website.  You will still need to wait for the Group buy to complete so the chip order can be submitted.  As for power supplies, I don't believe Steve will be selling Power supplies but it should be a standard PC power supply.  probably cheaper for you to source locally
Miracek

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:07:37 PM

Everyone, 5.184 BTC popped up in the escrow address. Who has sent it? No PM, no reply to the topic..

If no one wants to claim them, I'll have em   Grin Grin Grin Grin
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:25:31 PM

I am confused with the website. Is buying chips there the same as ordering in this group buy? Does it make sense to pay for a board now if I have ordered chips from current batch (which may or may not complete).

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
Miracek

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:17:41 PM

ordering chips from the website adds them to this group buy.  as for ordering the boards now, thats totally up to you. 
mo_mo

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:32:30 PM

is it ready to mine once you order the chip and board complete miner on the website.
Miracek

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:40:31 PM

you will need a power supply
mo_mo

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:01:55 PM

the contact us on the website is not functioning..gives me an error when i send a message..anyone preorder from their website
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:04:26 PM

the contact us on the website is not functioning..gives me an error when i send a message..anyone preorder from their website

I've faced the same issue, but this mail: contact(at)alphahpc.com works fine.
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:10:24 PM

is it ready to mine once you order the chip and board complete miner on the website.

I still can't get it. If I order chips here, there's no guarantee that current batch will complete, so I risk just getting my coins back in a couple of days. If I order chips on the website (at the same price!) "it is ready to mine". Are you sure?

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
Miracek

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:15:57 PM

I still can't get it. If I order chips here, there's no guarantee that current batch will complete, so I risk just getting my coins back in a couple of days. If I order chips on the website (at the same price!) "it is ready to mine". Are you sure?

if your order on the website it adds to this pool.  but what you will receive in the end is  ready to mine, but this group buy must complete
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: