Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:06:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏  (Read 202421 times)
Guybrush_Threepwood

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:12:45 PM

Hi everyone  Smiley

Can someone more knowledgable please advise me..

Been CPU mining for 48hrs via the official mining pool. It's just on my laptop - but think it's working OK.

Getting messages like "CPU #2: 11.73 H/s" and "accepted: 5/5 (diff 0.000), 40.00 H/s yes!"

Setup the miner with my wallet details.

" cpuminer-gw64-core2 -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.sumokoin.com:3333 -u Sumoo3Dqme3SZpakoecJzo9v5XVbtRJsD7R9nAvhLxp1TABakWCK4G72u3hxzvqHmABHqdyXyPjdR7d 28t5BkVj227SLs7asA3W -p x "

Have checked my wallet today and after 2 days mining it's still completely empty.?

Is there any method of checking I'm setup correctly? How long will I be waiting for a payout?

Many thanks :-)

sumogr

Activity: 463
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:11:28 PM

Hi everyone  Smiley

Can someone more knowledgable please advise me..

Been CPU mining for 48hrs via the official mining pool. It's just on my laptop - but think it's working OK.

Getting messages like "CPU #2: 11.73 H/s" and "accepted: 5/5 (diff 0.000), 40.00 H/s yes!"

Setup the miner with my wallet details.

" cpuminer-gw64-core2 -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.sumokoin.com:3333 -u Sumoo3Dqme3SZpakoecJzo9v5XVbtRJsD7R9nAvhLxp1TABakWCK4G72u3hxzvqHmABHqdyXyPjdR7d 28t5BkVj227SLs7asA3W -p x "

Have checked my wallet today and after 2 days mining it's still completely empty.?

Is there any method of checking I'm setup correctly? How long will I be waiting for a payout?

Many thanks :-)

You should wait for two things
1. Each block you ve helped mine to mature and get 60 confirmations
2. To reach the minimum payment threshold of 0.5 Sumo

What's your pending balance say in the front page?

By the way you made feel nostalgic by reminding me Monkey Island Smiley

Guybrush_Threepwood

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:17:31 PM

Hi Sumogr  Smiley

After Captain LeChuck, Grog and Dualling Banjos, realised my life had peaked too soon.. Was probably the finest game ever made..  Wink

Unfortunately, the only thing I've got is my memories and my wallet front page says..

Balance 0.000000
Unlocked Balance 0.000000

Am going to buy a little Sumo soon, but had hoped that after 48hrs, might have earned a fraction?

Thanks for your help :-)
billaue

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:39:02 AM

Hi Sumogr  Smiley

After Captain LeChuck, Grog and Dualling Banjos, realised my life had peaked too soon.. Was probably the finest game ever made..  Wink

Unfortunately, the only thing I've got is my memories and my wallet front page says..

Balance 0.000000
Unlocked Balance 0.000000

Am going to buy a little Sumo soon, but had hoped that after 48hrs, might have earned a fraction?

Thanks for your help :-)

As I saw, you haven't reached the minimum payment threshold (0.5 Sumo) to receive your coins. Keep mining guy Wink

xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:48:58 AM

Seems what nicehash or f*ng botnet controlls 99% of whole network hashrate: 62Kh in public pools and about 1.7Mh in solo, private pools
sumogr

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:39:24 AM

Seems what nicehash or f*ng botnet controlls 99% of whole network hashrate: 62Kh in public pools and about 1.7Mh in solo, private pools

Unfortunately things like these cannot be avoided since Sumokoin remains the more profitable cryptonight coin to mine at the moment

Guybrush_Threepwood

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:13:33 AM

Thanks Billaue  Smiley

Did swap to your pool (https://sumo.sumominer.com/) whilst experimenting.

Good work everyone  Smiley

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:56:19 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 04:13:04 PM by visdude

I think that if the devs are able to deploy useful tools ASAP to promote the primary function/use-case of Sumokoin or other similar cryptocurrencies for that matter (i.e. conveniently/easily transacting P2P just like cash) and therefore achieving mass-adoption as a consequence, it will have a very good chance of outpacing its sibling/parent sooner than later. For example, I have been wanting to be able to transact P2P with XMR within my circle like I have been able to do so with BTC for years now but to date, XMR has yet to release a simple, functional, secure and private mobile wallet (Android, etc.). It's really not practical or convenient lugging around a desktop/laptop (requiring WiFi connection) just to transact P2P (person-to-person just like with cash). I strongly believe that this is "key".

Ideally, the mobile wallet would connect by default to trusted, private and secure nodes (for user friendliness out of the box) designated/supported/endorsed by the devs that are devoid of any form of "logging" with an option to connect to one's personal/private nodes running at home or other locations that he/she has control over (for advanced/paranoid users). This is in accordance with the fungibility/privacy/security ethos of Sumokoin and similar cryptos that claim such features.

Good luck, devs!

That is one of the best comments to the coin so far. Couldn't agree more.

A nice mobile wallet would be sweet.

Thanks for the kind words. However, I expressed my views with both reservations and hope at the same time.

Reservations -- just like a lot of followers in this space, I'm not comfy with premines/ICOs because they create a temptation factor for yet another P&D or Exit scheme.

Hope -- that the devs mean well and are truly sincere about establishing a truly cash-like crypto that everyday people would use everyday (actual mainstream adoption and not just a pipe dream or a scheme). Hope -- that if it is indeed a sincere effort, they would deploy key tools to promote mass-adoption and usage (mobile wallet) a lot quicker (hopefully very soon) than its sibling/parent which has been lagging for a couple of years now.

We shall see.

sumogr

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:10:10 PM

I think that if the devs are able to deploy useful tools ASAP to promote the primary function/use-case of Sumokoin or other similar cryptocurrencies for that matter (i.e. conveniently/easily transacting P2P just like cash) and therefore achieving mass-adoption as a consequence, it will have a very good chance of outpacing its sibling/parent sooner than later. For example, I have been wanting to be able to transact P2P with XMR within my circle like I have been able to do so with BTC for years now but to date, XMR has yet to release a simple, functional, secure and private mobile wallet (Android, etc.). It's really not practical or convenient lugging around a desktop/laptop (requiring WiFi connection) just to transact P2P (person-to-person just like with cash). I strongly believe that this is "key".

Ideally, the mobile wallet would connect by default to trusted, private and secure nodes (for user friendliness out of the box) designated/supported/endorsed by the devs that are devoid of any form of "logging" with an option to connect to one's personal/private nodes running at home or other locations that he/she has control over (for advanced/paranoid users). This is in accordance with the fungibility/privacy/security ethos of Sumokoin and similar cryptos that claim such features.

Good luck, devs!

That is one of the best comments to the coin so far. Couldn't agree more.

A nice mobile wallet would be sweet.

Thanks for the kind words. However, I expressed my views with both reservations and hope at the same time.

Reservations -- just like a lot of followers in this space, I'm not comfy with premines/ICOs because they create a temptation factor for yet another P&D scheme.

Hope -- that the devs mean well and are truly sincere about establishing a truly cash-like crypto that everyday people would use everyday (actual mainstream adoption and not just a pipe dream or a scheme). Hope -- that if it is indeed a sincere effort, they would deploy key tools to promote mass-adoption and usage (mobile wallet) a lot quicker (hopefully very soon) than its sibling/parent which has been lagging for a couple of years now.

We shall see.

I dont know if it sooths your reservations at all the fact that all premined coins have been placed in escrow wallets, locked until 2020. You may check and confirm it at the announcement post.

Regarding your hopes, all community wish for the same. All devs sound sincere and they have comitted to turn Sumokoin in a popular digital cash option as you've described

We shall see indeed Smiley

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:50:40 PM

I dont know if it sooths your reservations at all the fact that all premined coins have been placed in escrow wallets, locked until 2020. You may check and confirm it at the announcement post.

The value of Sumo will have increased manyfold by 2020 also. Therefore, having the premined coins locked in escrow is not a valid nor a logical proof or indication of "sincerity". Furthermore, who has control of the escrow in the first place?

sumogr

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:32:49 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 06:06:59 PM by sumogr

The value of Sumo will have increased manyfold by 2020 also. Therefore, having the premined coins locked in escrow is not a valid nor a logical proof or indication of "sincerity". Furthermore, who has control of the escrow in the first place?

Well that's a fact but if you believe that in 3 years the price of Sumo will have increased manyfold it means that you do believe that the coin will become popular in the next couple of years.

In any case where's the logic in dumping all premined coins in 2020 when at that time the number of coins in circulation will be enormous as well as the capitalisation, hopefully. By then devs will be "filthy" - no pun intented - rich, all they have to do is convert partial amounts into fiat. Dumping the whole premine as soon as the coins are released would be like liquidating their entire business and assets in corporate terms.

Now regarding who has control of the escrow I think the devs would have to answer this instead of me.

It may sound cliche but " we will have to wait and see... "

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:00:04 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 07:11:35 PM by visdude

In any case where's the logic in dumping all premined coins in 2020 when at that time the number of coins in circulation will be enormous as well as the capitalisation, hopefully. By then devs will be "filthy" - no pun intented - rich, all they have to do is convert partial amounts into fiat. Dumping the whole premine as soon as the coins are released would be like liquidating their entire business and assets in corporate terms.

How's lump-sum instant wealth? No need for logic to figure that one out. With that kind of money, why would the players be concerned at that point in time about the circulation and market cap of a crypto that they just dumped on and made a killing as a result? No logic there.

Edit: In other words, after winning a record Mega Lottery prize, do you really honestly care about what happens to the Lottery Commission after that?

sumogr

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:14:28 PM

How's lump-sum instant wealth? No need for logic to figure that one out. With that kind of money, why would the players be concerned at that point in time about the circulation and market cap of a crypto that they just dumped on and made a killing as a result? No logic there.

Edit: In other words, after winning a record Mega Lottery prize, do you really honestly care about what happens to the Lottery Commission after that?

What would make you happy then regarding the premine? What should they do with it?
The premine exists and that is a fact, what is your proposal to make investors more confident that this is not a dumping scheme?

saifi ida

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:28:56 PM

Whether the project is from cherry country. Because his name already signifies a tradition that exists in the country of japan. And this is a very good coin hope this coin becomes a very successful coin. thanks so much to developer this project.
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:12:57 PM

What would make you happy then regarding the premine? What should they do with it?
The premine exists and that is a fact, what is your proposal to make investors more confident that this is not a dumping scheme?

Whether I'm happy...or sad...about the premine is irrelevant. I'm simply stating that it exist (like you stated) and the "temptation" that it presents. I really don't care what they do with it. I just hope that they mean well and sincere about their plans and goals and that they deliver the "goods" to make it successful for everybody's sake and welfare...and not enrichment of just a few.

Investors? Why would a supposedly decentralized platform wanna be mired with investors? Based on your posts so far, it seems that you're cheerleading the project which is giving me the impression that you're some sort of a spokesperson for it. I hope "investors" is not a Freudian slip on your part. I certainly did not mention "investors" in any of my posts on here.

sumogr

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:15:46 PM

Whether I'm happy...or sad...about the premine is irrelevant. I'm simply stating that it exist (like you stated) and the "temptation" that it presents. I really don't care what they do with it. I just hope that they mean well and sincere about their plans and goals and that they deliver the "goods" to make it successful for everybody's sake and welfare...and not enrichment of just a few.

Investors? Why would a supposedly decentralized platform wanna be mired with investors? Based on your posts so far, it seems that you're cheerleading the project which is giving me the impression that you're some sort of a spokesperson for it. I hope "investors" is not a Freudian slip on your part. I certainly did not mention "investors" in any of my posts on here.

We share the same hopes on that.

Well i am not a spokesperson for it, i've just happened to join the project at the first day and gradually got "attached" to it. Eventually, after talking with them, I came to think that devs are sincere and know what they're talking abt so I decided to stand up for Sumokoin, hope you are not critising me for this.

Why do you demonise the word "investors"? buying this coin or any coin or anything that you hope and/or predict that will get a later value is an investment and that makes you an "investor". By investors I do not mean sponsors that will centralise the project. Maybe we attach a different meaning to the term.

Anyway I am happy that people with solid view like yourself are interested in the project.

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:19:00 PM

Is the GUI wallet eventually going to have a cold wallet/offline signing feature if it doesn't already?

billaue

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:09:20 AM

Is the GUI wallet eventually going to have a cold wallet/offline signing feature if it doesn't already?

Not yet. We try not to implement advanced/rare-used features in first few versions. If someone really wants to use them, I think, he can easily start command-line wallet for now
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:55:03 AM

Not yet. We try not to implement advanced/rare-used features in first few versions. If someone really wants to use them, I think, he can easily start command-line wallet for now

It is an advanced feature but I don't think that it is rarely used. In fact, it is a must for cryptocurrencies. If you implement it, users will used it to secure their tokens. Don't wait until people start losing their coins. Wallets for the top coins have such a feature. It should be standard.
billaue

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:38:01 AM

It is an advanced feature but I don't think that it is rarely used. In fact, it is a must for cryptocurrencies. If you implement it, users will used it to secure their tokens. Don't wait until people start losing their coins. Wallets for the top coins have such a feature. It should be standard.

Thanks for advice. It's not too hard to implement, we'll need another tab on UI for advanced features, I think.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: