Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:42:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:27:56 PM

Hi DNotes Team, I noticed you are still promoting Poloniex on the DNotes Vault website https://dnotesvault.com/dnotes.php. I think you guys should change this even if you are planning to change it down the line. The sooner the better. Kind regards,

Thank you, BTCWise. We will make the adjustment.

Joe is on his long drive home. I just got home myself from a fantastic meeting with a local software development firm of 60 employees. The owner and 2 of his key staff did their homework and were well prepared to welcome us with a great presentation.

We are looking for the best partner in our quest to be a technology leader and they are looking for the best client. We mutually felt that this is a perfect match. We met for over two hours and left with high expectation that together we will end up doing great things.

You are welcome Dyna,
I'm happy to hear about the progress you guys have been making. The more developers and partners the shorter the timeline will get which is a massive thumbs-up on my side.

Quick recommendation: When you guys have such important meetings try and make a short five minute video. This can be a video shot at the entrance of the company or even after the meeting. This will help grow your YouTube channel and it will show DNotes users that there are movement. Not many people know about these information threads on Bitcointalk. You guys need to be more creative with your marketing because at the end of the day if people don't see you they won't know you are there.

I really like DNotes and I really want to see this coin achieve greatness. Hope I'm not coming off as too aggressive, not my intention.

Regards,

Thank you, BTCWise. I know that you always mean well for DNotes. We welcome comments and suggestions. Actually, we mentioned about cross-PR promotions at the meeting. Just give us a little time. Joe has been working on it.

We will be starting the new year with significant PR campaigns to get the words out. I always believe that it is best to go all in when things are solidly in place than just talking about a concept (ICO) or a wish list of good ideas, in any major PR efforts.

Sounds awesome Dyna, I think one of the reasons why Bitcoin has performed so well in recent years is because of exposure. The more exposure we can give the DNotes coin the more people will start to become aware of DNotes and what it stands for.

You guys are really doing a great job and its evident that you are here to stay despite the recent challenges you've faced. The current rise in the price of DNotes is proof that you guys are on the right track and that the community is recognizing the efforts you're making.

dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:37:17 PM

So, anyone have thoughts on the recent market crash? Are Futures Contracts causing instability? Market manipulation? Seems rather odd how quickly it happened and, how deeply. Also odd how one commercial trader predicted it almost exactly...

There is a lot of politics in the background of course, but honestly a crash was imminent anyway. Bitcoin is a constantly uptrending roller coaster. And a roller coaster sometimes goes a little down to then go up even faster. Bitcoin will recover regardless of Roger Ver and the crap he is talking all day.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:50:03 PM

Hi DNotes Team, I noticed you are still promoting Poloniex on the DNotes Vault website https://dnotesvault.com/dnotes.php. I think you guys should change this even if you are planning to change it down the line. The sooner the better. Kind regards,

Thank you, BTCWise. We will make the adjustment.

Joe is on his long drive home. I just got home myself from a fantastic meeting with a local software development firm of 60 employees. The owner and 2 of his key staff did their homework and were well prepared to welcome us with a great presentation.

We are looking for the best partner in our quest to be a technology leader and they are looking for the best client. We mutually felt that this is a perfect match. We met for over two hours and left with high expectation that together we will end up doing great things.

You are welcome Dyna,
I'm happy to hear about the progress you guys have been making. The more developers and partners the shorter the timeline will get which is a massive thumbs-up on my side.

Quick recommendation: When you guys have such important meetings try and make a short five minute video. This can be a video shot at the entrance of the company or even after the meeting. This will help grow your YouTube channel and it will show DNotes users that there are movement. Not many people know about these information threads on Bitcointalk. You guys need to be more creative with your marketing because at the end of the day if people don't see you they won't know you are there.

I really like DNotes and I really want to see this coin achieve greatness. Hope I'm not coming off as too aggressive, not my intention.

Regards,

Thank you, BTCWise. I know that you always mean well for DNotes. We welcome comments and suggestions. Actually, we mentioned about cross-PR promotions at the meeting. Just give us a little time. Joe has been working on it.

We will be starting the new year with significant PR campaigns to get the words out. I always believe that it is best to go all in when things are solidly in place than just talking about a concept (ICO) or a wish list of good ideas, in any major PR efforts.

Thank you BTCWise, we greatly appreciate your passion for DNotes and its success. I agree, we do need more videos, which we have several underway and Tim may be able to elaborate a little on some of that. The high quality well produced animated videos take lots of time and resources, and that is something that can really set us apart from the industry, such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar8C7xBgpIE. We do however intend to supplement that with more casual videos, which has its own challenges. We have even built a soundproof video studio over the last summer, with a lot of trial and error, to be able to produce higher quality videos, Brandon and Tim helped quite a bit with that and we may have some pictures. They will be carefully planned and executed at the right time. As we grow we can dedicate more resources to that effort.

Hi DNotes, I can't wait to see the animated videos. I'm sure they are going to be a breath of fresh air Smiley
The video-studio sounds awesome and I am positive it will have a huge benefit for the DNotes brand in the long run. This is the type of news that you need to share with people. I never knew you built a video-studio until now.

As Alan mentioned we do plan to have a significant PR campaign coming up, building around or two upcoming major projects and we would appreciate everyone who can contribute ideas for not only content but strategic planning around delivering that content. Could be blog posts, articles, videos, press releases, and how do we deliver them.

I think you should look into a tool called IFTTT (If This Then That). Its a very useful tool to automate posts on various social media platforms. I use it to share my YouTube videos immediately on my Facebook and Twitter accounts when its published. You can do much more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0G9TBAyXs&t

I hope this helps. I will think of more things.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:06:27 PM

Tax Reform Bill Eliminates Crypto Tax Loophole

https://dcebrief.com/tax-reform-law-eliminates-crypto-tax-loophole/
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:30:41 PM

As Alan mentioned recently, there should be a minimum threshold for increased reporting duties, as there should also be a minimum threshold for taxation. Does it really make sense to tax a 14 year old kid who collects from faucets, and exchanges what little money was earned in different cryptocurrencies into Bitcoin? Pardon the melodramatic scenario, I wanted to use an extreme example to illustrate a point.

At any rate, I hope that increased taxation also comes with increased representation for American cryptocurrency holders.
Denver Dan

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:41:00 PM

The tax act in Sec. 13303 amends IRC Section 1031 (a)(1) to delete “property” and replace it with “real property” … So, you can see that now I can no longer take the position that my Bitcoin to Litecoin exchange was a like kind one under Sec. 1031, and I have to recognize the gain when I do it.

I guess I need to see the full language.  But when you're trading currencies straight across, they're exactly the same value at that time.  So no realized value is gained in that trade.  Of course when you cash out to dollars, you would be subject to capital gains.  As far as I know, "Bitcoin" is still considered an asset by the IRS.  Anyone have a different take?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:16:11 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 09:09:35 PM by Dyna

The tax act in Sec. 13303 amends IRC Section 1031 (a)(1) to delete “property” and replace it with “real property” … So, you can see that now I can no longer take the position that my Bitcoin to Litecoin exchange was a like kind one under Sec. 1031, and I have to recognize the gain when I do it.

I guess I need to see the full language.  But when you're trading currencies straight across, they're exactly the same value at that time.  So no realized value is gained in that trade.  Of course when you cash out to dollars, you would be subject to capital gains.  As far as I know, "Bitcoin" is still considered an asset by the IRS.  Anyone have a different take?

I agree. It is difficult to comment without reading the relevant sections of the bill. As reported, if accurate, it would indicate an ignorance over-sight that will get very messy.

I am neither an accountant nor a lawyer. But I don't see how exchanging one digital currency for another can be practically accounted as a taxable event. What is the basis to establish a gain or a loss? Until the investment is finally converted back to $, a gain or a loss can not be established.

On the other hand, this is a clear taxable event: as an example - I purchased my first (1) BTC in 2014 at $500 using Coinbase and sold my first Bitcoin, also at Coinbase in 2017 at $5,500. In my 2017 tax return I will have to report $5,000 as earning or capital gain whatever the final classification is.  

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:12:30 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 02:35:56 PM by Chase

I guess I need to see the full language.  But when you're trading currencies straight across, they're exactly the same value at that time.  So no realized value is gained in that trade.  Of course when you cash out to dollars, you would be subject to capital gains.  As far as I know, "Bitcoin" is still considered an asset by the IRS.  Anyone have a different take?

I agree. It is difficult to comment without reading the relevant sections of the bill. As reported, if accurate, it would indicate an ignorance over-sight that will get very messy.

I am neither an accountant nor a lawyer. But I don't see how exchanging one digital currency for another can be practically accounted as a taxable event. What is the basis to establish a gain or a loss? Until the investment if finally converted back to $, a gain or a loss can not be established.

On the other hand, this is a clear taxable event: as an example - I purchased my first (1) BTC in 2014 at $500 using Coinbase and sold my first Bitcoin, also at Coinbase in 2017 at $5,500. In my 2017 tax return I will have the report $5,000 as earning or capital gain whatever the final classification is.  

I don't know the specifics of U.S. tax law, so this is just my Canadian take on it. If Dan sells his bitcoin for Litecoin, he will have a gain** or loss on his disposal of bitcoin, calculated as the price he sold it for minus the price he paid for it. The "adjusted cost" of the litecoin will be be whatever he sold his bitcoin for, plus fees, etc. It does not take into account that part of what he received in bitcoin profit, was paid out in income tax. This adjusted cost will be what he uses to calculate his gain or loss when he sells his Litecoin.

**In Canada, if you are a frequent trader, speculator, etc, your gains will be classified as income (100% taxable) as opposed to capital gains (50% taxable). There is no way they will ever be able to keep track of the thousands of individual trades each trader makes, so it will be messy for a while. A lot will change when cryptocurrencies can be held in tax-deferred retirement accounts or tax-free accounts such as the TFSA (Canada).

I agree with what Alan said in a previous post - income tax gives me a headache.  Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 07:28:31 AM

So, anyone have thoughts on the recent market crash? Are Futures Contracts causing instability? Market manipulation? Seems rather odd how quickly it happened and, how deeply. Also odd how one commercial trader predicted it almost exactly...

There is a lot of politics in the background of course, but honestly a crash was imminent anyway. Bitcoin is a constantly uptrending roller coaster. And a roller coaster sometimes goes a little down to then go up even faster. Bitcoin will recover regardless of Roger Ver and the crap he is talking all day.

I'm going to have to disagree with your roller-coaster metaphor dzonikg28, but stand with you on your intended points. In fact, I'm going to go a step further. Roger Ver is talking about the weaknesses of bitcoin and this seems to be hurting its value. The more the large holders and miners see value being hurt by disfunctionality in bitcoin, the more they are likely to support genuine improvements to its code. And the more the code behind bitcoin improves, and the more useful bitcoin is, the higher its true value can climb.

As for futures contracts and commercial traders manipulating the price, I think it is unlikely. I have no doubt that given the skill and opportunity, they would certainly do it. And I imagine that the current low is a great time for them to buy a reserve to sell futures against. I just don't think they've got what it takes to pull it off. But that doesn't mean there hasn't been an incidental effect. It is hard for the whales to cash-out a significant amount without impacting the price. But selling a chunk to futures traders is a good opportunity and it is possible that taking advantage of that has hit the price a little.

This article from a couple of days ago talks about the concept:
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-21/bitcoin-billionaires-may-have-found-a-way-to-cash-out

But I'm most comfortable putting it down to the range of complex influences that have caused previous dips in prices. Some of it might be algorithmic trading. Maybe after watching it climb fast, unreasonable expectations have made the slight slowdown seem worrisome. Possibly the fact that bitcoin has attracted many inexperienced investors to try their hand means the market is more emotional and reactive than more standard types of investments. Maybe the weather has more to do with the price of bitcoin than its functionality does. How about Christmas putting a pinch on budgets causing investors to cash in despite a drop in price? If the Christmas budget theory is correct, maybe we can expect a leap in price as people invest their cash presents where they'd never risk money earned through hard work.

So the only thing I know for sure is that Jamie Dimon is green with jealousy that the market ignored him, but reacts when Roger Ver goes public. But you've got to be enjoying the media circus that spends a month calling bitcoin a bubble, and then when the price dips, writes pages speculating about what strange thing could have interrupted such a strong climb.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:22:12 PM

I'm going to have to disagree with your roller-coaster metaphor dzonikg28, but stand with you on your intended points. In fact, I'm going to go a step further. Roger Ver is talking about the weaknesses of bitcoin and this seems to be hurting its value. The more the large holders and miners see value being hurt by disfunctionality in bitcoin, the more they are likely to support genuine improvements to its code. And the more the code behind bitcoin improves, and the more useful bitcoin is, the higher its true value can climb.

As for futures contracts and commercial traders manipulating the price, I think it is unlikely. I have no doubt that given the skill and opportunity, they would certainly do it. And I imagine that the current low is a great time for them to buy a reserve to sell futures against. I just don't think they've got what it takes to pull it off. But that doesn't mean there hasn't been an incidental effect. It is hard for the whales to cash-out a significant amount without impacting the price. But selling a chunk to futures traders is a good opportunity and it is possible that taking advantage of that has hit the price a little.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-21/bitcoin-billionaires-may-have-found-a-way-to-cash-out

But I'm most comfortable putting it down to the range of complex influences that have caused previous dips in prices. Some of it might be algorithmic trading. Maybe after watching it climb fast, unreasonable expectations have made the slight slowdown seem worrisome. Possibly the fact that bitcoin has attracted many inexperienced investors to try their hand means the market is more emotional and reactive than more standard types of investments. Maybe the weather has more to do with the price of bitcoin than its functionality does. How about Christmas putting a pinch on budgets causing investors to cash in despite a drop in price? If the Christmas budget theory is correct, maybe we can expect a leap in price as people invest their cash presents where they'd never risk money earned through hard work.

So the only thing I know for sure is that Jamie Dimon is green with jealousy that the market ignored him, but reacts when Roger Ver goes public. But you've got to be enjoying the media circus that spends a month calling bitcoin a bubble, and then when the price dips, writes pages speculating about what strange thing could have interrupted such a strong climb.

Once again, this market has proven to be very resilient. The growing global demand to invest in our industry has been nothing short of being spectacular. When there is so much money to be made in a brief period it can perpetuate the “gambling mentality” for a while. The weak hands that cashed out in a fast and furious correction often recover from their painful experience as the euphoria continues. Soon they will be back taking another chance.

80% of businesses failed within the first 10 years of existence. I would venture to say that 90% of the projects in our industry will fail. There are many challenges to overcome with significant problems remaining unsolved – stability, capacity, trust, basic knowledge, consumers protection, and other regulatory hurdles; just to name a few. But it takes time for any early stage industry to sort things out.

We are mindful of many of those challenges right from the start and have positioned DNotes very differently. Our foundation has been built. I trust that throughout 2018, our industry will witness an amazing business model in full strategic execution mode with very deliberate moves in solving industry problems.

In conjunction with our funding efforts, utilizing Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide, we are also drastically expanding our software development capabilities by closely aligning with a world-class 60 employee software company in the Chicago area. This will be a multi-year large scale project. They will serve as our software development arm with great capabilities for us to ramp up quickly. I have already signed off with a large down payment to proceed immediately. We feel very fortunate to finally found a perfect fit. They share our vision, mindset, and culture. Together we can do amazing things and solve many of our industry challenges and technology constraints.  
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 04:37:54 PM

We have been searching for the best possible firm to expand our development team for DNotes 2.0 and beyond, and we are proud to announce we have acquired the services of Geneca. Geneca shares both our business philosophy and our vision for making DNotes a technology leader, making them the ideal partner for our rapid expansion plans.

A little background on Geneca:

"19 years ago, Geneca was born as a technology consulting firm, fueled by the conviction that technology investments are judged by the business benefit it delivers.  Which means, since the day we opened our doors, we have been pushing ourselves to not only meet but exceed our client’s expectations.

Our philosophy is that by aligning with our clients goals, ideas, and delivering transparency throughout a project, we will accurately capture the essence of your product and bring it to life.

Due to our longevity within the software industry, we have established a secure foundation which has allowed us to be innovated thinkers and expects in our field.  We bring a type of simplicity when developing a product due to our team being able to communicate effectively on both a technology and business level.  By speaking fluently within both areas, we are able to connect the two concepts insuring that our clients are receiving a product that will work while advancing their business.

Throughout this process, we are not just building a product we are also building a partnership.  By collaborating with our clients, we work toward one goal of building a successful software product not just billing hours.  Due to this, we have a 92% success rate (on-time and on-budget) on the projects we deliver.

Our Mission
To help our clients stay ahead of their competition by pushing the boundaries of what is possible with advanced strategy and cutting-edge technology.

Our Vision
Use software to create something extraordinary from something ordinary. To do that, we have to be MORE than a technology company. We have to be THE place to go to turn a big idea into big business impact."

Company details:

Website
http://www.geneca.com

Headquarters
Oak Brook, IL

Year founded

Company type
Privately Held

Company size
51-200 employees

Here are just a few of the articles they have written on their blog:
https://www.geneca.com/blog/a-shared-language-why-you-need-one-how-to-create-it
https://www.geneca.com/blog/5-ways-to-build-a-strong-cultu
https://www.geneca.com/blog/walk-softly-and-carry-a-big-catalogue
https://www.geneca.com/blog/truly-inspirational-leaders-can-dodge-raindrops
https://www.geneca.com/blog/5-questions-to-determine-if-your-culture-motivates-millennials
https://www.geneca.com/blog/to-find-and-retain-more-customers-think-like-a-software-company

They are also product focused, which means they understand deadlines and realize the need for coordination with the rest of the business. To accomplish these goals, they have developed a set of amazing tools to keep everything on track and everyone on the same page, as well as provide a means for measuring progress and early detection when things may not be going as planned in order to make adjustments as needed.

With the addition of Geneca, there is an adjustment in the development of DNotes 2.0 and our priority for full C# conversion has been degraded to ensure we can meet our goals and time lines in Q1 2018.

Geneca has met and exceeded our expectations, and is without a shadow of a doubt the perfect fit for us and a mutually beneficial relationship with DNotes Global, Inc.

blackbird123

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:55:28 PM

Geneca fueled by the conviction that technology investments are judged by the business benefit it delivers, I believe that DNotes can provide Geneca with technical significance, a perfect cooperation
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:41:06 PM

I don't know whether someone has posted this or not, so ignore this if it is old news. The infrastructure at Bittrex wasn't capable of handling the rapid scaling of an onslaught of new users and had to shut down new account registrations (until further notice). My guess is that a lot of the exchanges are likely in the same boat.

New Account Sign Ups

December 15, 2017 10:21

Dear new users:

We have received an enormous number of new account registrations over the past few weeks.  We are excited to have so many new users who want to join the Bittrex community.  Unfortunately, we have to make a few upgrades to our support and backend systems to handle the increased traffic and load.  As such, we have halted new user registrations for the time being.  If you already have an account on Bittrex, you will not be affected by this change.  Please continue to the log in as you normally do.

To our new users, we will keep you posted on when we open up registration.  We apologize for the inconvenience!

The Bittrex Team

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003463331

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:32:22 PM

We have been searching for the best possible firm to expand our development team for DNotes 2.0 and beyond, and we are proud to announce we have acquired the services of Geneca. Geneca shares both our business philosophy and our vision for making DNotes a technology leader, making them the ideal partner for our rapid expansion plans.

"19 years ago, Geneca was born as a technology consulting firm, fueled by the conviction that technology investments are judged by the business benefit it delivers.  Which means, since the day we opened our doors, we have been pushing ourselves to not only meet but exceed our client’s expectations.

Our philosophy is that by aligning with our clients goals, ideas, and delivering transparency throughout a project, we will accurately capture the essence of your product and bring it to life.

Due to our longevity within the software industry, we have established a secure foundation which has allowed us to be innovated thinkers and expects in our field.  We bring a type of simplicity when developing a product due to our team being able to communicate effectively on both a technology and business level.  By speaking fluently within both areas, we are able to connect the two concepts insuring that our clients are receiving a product that will work while advancing their business.

Throughout this process, we are not just building a product we are also building a partnership.  By collaborating with our clients, we work toward one goal of building a successful software product not just billing hours.  Due to this, we have a 92% success rate (on-time and on-budget) on the projects we deliver.

Our Mission
To help our clients stay ahead of their competition by pushing the boundaries of what is possible with advanced strategy and cutting-edge technology.

Our Vision
Use software to create something extraordinary from something ordinary. To do that, we have to be MORE than a technology company. We have to be THE place to go to turn a big idea into big business impact."

Company details:

Website

Headquarters
Oak Brook, IL

Year founded

Company type
Privately Held

Company size
51-200 employees

https://www.geneca.com/blog/5-questions-to-determine-if-your-culture-motivates-millennials
https://www.geneca.com/blog/to-find-and-retain-more-customers-think-like-a-software-company

They are also product focused, which means they understand deadlines and realize the need for coordination with the rest of the business. To accomplish these goals, they have developed a set of amazing tools to keep everything on track and everyone on the same page, as well as provide a means for measuring progress and early detection when things may not be going as planned in order to make adjustments as needed.

With the addition of Geneca, there is an adjustment in the development of DNotes 2.0 and our priority for full C# conversion has been degraded to ensure we can meet our goals and time lines in Q1 2018.

Geneca has met and exceeded our expectations, and is without a shadow of a doubt the perfect fit for us and a mutually beneficial relationship with DNotes Global, Inc.

This is amazing news!

"Geneca has met and exceeded our expectations, and is without a shadow of a doubt the perfect fit for us and a mutually beneficial relationship with DNotes Global, Inc."

I checked out their website and it's unbelievable that you found another company that is so in sync with DNotes' vision. Congratulations!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:32:08 PM

Our Mission

Our Vision

Company details:

Website

Headquarters
Oak Brook, IL

Year founded

Company type
Privately Held

Company size
51-200 employees

This is amazing news!

"Geneca has met and exceeded our expectations, and is without a shadow of a doubt the perfect fit for us and a mutually beneficial relationship with DNotes Global, Inc."

I checked out their website and it's unbelievable that you found another company that is so in sync with DNotes' vision. Congratulations!

Thanks, Chase. This is a major breakthrough with enormous mutual benefits. They are just as impressed about us as we are about them. Amazing things will happen when two "best in class" teamed up. I have already signed off with a significant financial commitment to go forward immediately. This will give us immense capabilities to be the technology leader we have envisioned.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:42:49 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 03:33:07 AM by Dyna

I don't know whether someone has posted this or not, so ignore this if it is old news. The infrastructure at Bittrex wasn't capable of handling the rapid scaling of an onslaught of new users and had to shut down new account registrations (until further notice). My guess is that a lot of the exchanges are likely in the same boat.

New Account Sign Ups

December 15, 2017 10:21

Dear new users:

We have received an enormous number of new account registrations over the past few weeks.  We are excited to have so many new users who want to join the Bittrex community.  Unfortunately, we have to make a few upgrades to our support and backend systems to handle the increased traffic and load.  As such, we have halted new user registrations for the time being.  If you already have an account on Bittrex, you will not be affected by this change.  Please continue to the log in as you normally do.

To our new users, we will keep you posted on when we open up registration.  We apologize for the inconvenience!

The Bittrex Team

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003463331

It is very demanding and costly to build a top notch exchange. We are committed to build our own and do it right. It will cost $ millions and may take a little longer. But that is a vital component of our fully integrated system. If I have my way, we will have the best customer services - something annoyingly lacking in our industry.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:28:06 AM

Our Mission

Our Vision

Company details:

Website

Headquarters
Oak Brook, IL

Year founded

Company type
Privately Held

Company size
51-200 employees

This is amazing news!

Thanks, Chase. This is a major breakthrough with enormous mutual benefits. They are just as impressed about us as we are about them. Amazing things will happen when two "best in class" teamed up. I have already signed off with a significant financial commitment to go forward immediately. This will give us immense capabilities to be the technology leader we have envisioned.

It is very exciting to see DNotes' long-term plans coming to fruition, and this partnership for development is one of many exciting steps we will be taking forward going into 2018. Even more impressive is that all development to this date has been funded by DNotes' founders themselves, without ever asking for donations from the community. As time goes on, every successful business venture or project will require more resources and outside investment in order to grow to its envisioned destination, and it's very welcome news to see DNotes Global entering into a mini-IPO funding round concurrently with the release of DNotes 2.0.

It is my view that a small and efficient team who all think alike (or have a consistent culture as Alan would say) work much better than larger teams with disparate views. From what I've heard, Geneca think very similar to the way we do, and that in itself should create the necessary conditions for a successful partnership.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:52:43 AM

I recently went to see a local accountant with some knowledge of cryptocurrencies and he advised me to count every trade as a taxable event, so I was already figuring I'd have to do that when I filed for this year. My impression was that the like kind trade was always questionable but I'm a novice to the whole tax compliance department... learning as I go here.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:09:04 AM

It bugs me that people are quick to blame Roger Ver's public statements (or anyone else's) for Bitcoin's major price correction, which it was due for anyway. I agree that the way he went about it wasn't exactly professional. That said, Bitcoin really does have some serious flaws. Someone famous or not famous should be able to speak honestly about those flaws without being called a traitor to the cause. Ultimately, Bitcoin will need to address its weaknesses and adapt or it will over time work its way into obsolescence. Regardless of what Jamie Dimon and Roger Ver say or don't say, 17+ minute block confirm times, $20 transaction fees, and lack of scalability are simply not going to work. So you either address these issues right in the code, or you look for a good opportunity to sell any holdings or use them to buy other coins with better technology. Although I go through Bitcoin to make my trades like everyone else, it's been several years since I've had any significant BTC holdings. Recognizing its inherent problems has been part of the reason.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:15:42 AM

It is very demanding and costly to build a top notch exchange. We are committed to build our own and do it right. It will cost $ millions and may take a little longer. But that is a vital component of our fully integrated system. If I have my way, we will have the best customer services - something annoying lacking in our industry.

I think you may be right about a top notch exchange costing millions of dollars to set up. If anyone can do it, DNotes Global can. Good customer service is an absolute necessity, but tough to keep up with when you're growing rapidly. I think you have to over-hire tech support reps and consider it good when at times some of them are standing around doing nothing.

Congratulations on the Geneca partnership!

And Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: