Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:53:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
byter.sky

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:47:23 PM

You may now subscribe to the DNotes newsletter to receive DNotes updates in your email by visiting http://dnotescoin.com/ or directly from the newsletter signup page http://dnotescoin.com/newsletter-signup/
How will be swap . It will be 1:1 or you are going to change amount of dnote . What blockchain are going to use then ?

Hi byter.sky, welcome to the DNotes forum!

It will be a 1:1 swap. DNotesVault account holders will be automatically swapped for them, otherwise there will be a swapping process to send in your DNotes to exchange them for DNotes 2.0.

if i have coins at exchange how should i do swap .My coins are at cryptopia . Or exchange will do it and i dont need to move them from exchange?

Hi byter.sky. The exact process for swapping the coins hasn't been announced yet. I would make the same suggestion to you as I did to Hardniola, and that is to sign up to receive the DNotes Newsletter so you don't miss any important swap details and deadlines.   Smiley

http://dnotescoin.com/newsletter-signup/ 
thanks for invitation link . Now i can be folow all news about dnotes . And why are trying to swap it to dnote 2.0 ?
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:06:53 PM

It looks like some hedge funds have learned how to game the system. Allowing their name to be used in order to orchestrate what is basically a pump and dump, surely warrants a watchful eye from Securities regulators.

Hedge Funds Flip ICOs, Leaving Other Investors Holding the Bag - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-03/hedge-funds-flip-icos-leaving-other-investors-holding-the-bag

This article left me speechless (almost). It was written by the former Senior Communications Director and Counsel for Sen. Rand Paul. It is one of the most condescending pieces of crypto-drivel I have ever seen. grrr!

Soccer-Mom-Friendly AML Bitcoin Will Make Digital Currencies Mainstream - http://observer.com/2017/10/aml-bitcoin-will-make-digital-currencies-mainstream/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
kevmon

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:39:19 PM

Alan Yong supposed to be appearing at a gathering where he is speaking, anyone has an idea of the date? Thank you
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 12:14:32 AM

You may now subscribe to the DNotes newsletter to receive DNotes updates in your email by visiting http://dnotescoin.com/ or directly from the newsletter signup page http://dnotescoin.com/newsletter-signup/
How will be swap . It will be 1:1 or you are going to change amount of dnote . What blockchain are going to use then ?

It will be a 1:1 swap. DNotesVault account holders will be automatically swapped for them, otherwise there will be a swapping process to send in your DNotes to exchange them for DNotes 2.0.

if i have coins at exchange how should i do swap .My coins are at cryptopia . Or exchange will do it and i dont need to move them from exchange?

Hi byter.sky. The exact process for swapping the coins hasn't been announced yet. I would make the same suggestion to you as I did to Hardniola, and that is to sign up to receive the DNotes Newsletter so you don't miss any important swap details and deadlines.   Smiley

thanks for invitation link . Now i can be folow all news about dnotes . And why are trying to swap it to dnote 2.0 ?

DNotes 2.0 will be a major upgrade and completely different from DNotes. As such, we decided a 1:1 swap was a better and much cleaner option rather than risking issues with a blockchain upgrade.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 12:15:46 AM

Alan Yong supposed to be appearing at a gathering where he is speaking, anyone has an idea of the date? Thank you

Hi kevmon, Alan will be speaking at:

World Funding Summit
LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER
November 17 - 18 | Los Angeles, CA

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 12:18:44 AM

The exchanges will have the opportunity to participate in the swap process, in order to make it easy for their users to swap DNotes for DNotes 2.0. However it is completely up to them, we will communicate with each exchange and let everyone know whether they will be participating or delisting / relisting after the launch of 2.0.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:39:09 AM

Welcome to DNotes, kevmon. I will be speaking at the World Funding Summit in Los Angeles on November 17-18, 2017. This is a significant event on alternative funding and a great exposure for DNotes. Looking forward to meeting any DNotes’ supporter who can join us.

http://worldfundingsummit.com/
http://worldfundingsummit.com/alan-yong
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:01:48 AM

The DNotesVault is unique to DNotes ecosystem, which will make the swap process very easy -- most cryptocurrencies need to employ third parties to facilitate the process on exchanges.

Networking with others in our industry, and from the Venture Capital world is crucial, and will make DNotes better known for when we soon begin to rapidly scale our project.

I'm looking very forward to seeing the videos from your conference, Alan.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:28:43 AM

Taiwan to Adopt Crypto-Friendly Stance

https://dcebrief.com/taiwan-to-adopt-crypto-friendly-stance/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 02:58:40 PM

We should have some screenshots ready for everyone to take a gander at tonight or tomorrow, for the DNotes 2.0 front end. Bare in mind, it is not designed yet, just working on front end functionality.

A bit delayed on the screen shots, should be ready Monday/Tuesday.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:01:14 PM

The DNotesVault is unique to DNotes ecosystem, which will make the swap process very easy -- most cryptocurrencies need to employ third parties to facilitate the process on exchanges.

Networking with others in our industry, and from the Venture Capital world is crucial, and will make DNotes better known for when we soon begin to rapidly scale our project.

I'm looking very forward to seeing the videos from your conference, Alan.

Thank you, TeeGee. I agree that DNotesVault is a unique component of DNotes ecosystem. It has a lot of capabilities and expansion potential. Strategically it is one of our essential building blocks to ultimately gain mass acceptance of DNotes.

I am very excited about the conference. It's a great opportunity to connect with a lot of the right people at the right time. 2018 will be an amazing year for DNotes, marking the beginning of our fourth year. I love five-year milestone for major projects. By the completion of our 5th year DNotes will be one of the major players. And that is not an over-night success. We have been working long and hard for a long time. But that kind of success is consistent with the real world and sustainable.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 12:05:51 AM

If there is going to be swap....on what exchange then

Hi Hardniola, and welcome to the DNotes forum. DNotes held at the Vault will automatically be swapped for the new 2.0 without the holder having to do anything. This streamlined conversion is a necessity as a good portion of our stakeholders don't have the tech skills required for the typical cryptocurrency swap. There will be a process announced for swapping any DNotes not held at the Vault, but as far as I know nothing has been finalized yet.

If you are worried about missing the swap details and deadline, you can sign up to receive the DNotes Newsletter:

http://dnotescoin.com/newsletter-signup/   Smiley

I do have a question once the swap take place in the DNotes Vault and that is once the coins are swapped for the new DNotes coin will they still earn the interest like the current DNotes do now in the vault? I currently have all my DNotes in the vault because of the interest that is paid on storing them so I hope this continues with the new DNotes. Thanks.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:11:56 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 05:48:03 AM by TeeGee

Hi Hardniola, and welcome to the DNotes forum. DNotes held at the Vault will automatically be swapped for the new 2.0 without the holder having to do anything. This streamlined conversion is a necessity as a good portion of our stakeholders don't have the tech skills required for the typical cryptocurrency swap. There will be a process announced for swapping any DNotes not held at the Vault, but as far as I know nothing has been finalized yet.

If you are worried about missing the swap details and deadline, you can sign up to receive the DNotes Newsletter:

I do have a question once the swap take place in the DNotes Vault and that is once the coins are swapped for the new DNotes coin will they still earn the interest like the current DNotes do now in the vault? I currently have all my DNotes in the vault because of the interest that is paid on storing them so I hope this continues with the new DNotes. Thanks.

Hey Vella85

The swap will include changes to the way interest is paid out through DNotes Vault.

DNotes 2.0 will have two avenues to earn interest. The first is through the change to Proof Of Stake algorithm, where you can earn ~2% annualized interest. The second is by storing your coins at the DNotes Vault -- there will be a 0.166% monthly interest paid out for every 30 days you store your coins there (which works out at ~2% per year), and an additional 4% paid out every time your coins reach 365 days in the vault. If you take advantage of all of these, you can earn up to 8% per year. DNotes Vault funds can be remotely staked (cold staking) by a node running on a remote computer so make this possible.  

We're looking very forward to the release of DNotes 2.0, and are very pleased with the incentive structure it will provide to savers. DNotes recognizes that savings and investment are cornerstones of healthy economies and personal financial health.

DCEBrief

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:25:47 AM

ECB’s Nowotny: Central Bank Discussing Bitcoin Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/ecbs-nowotny-central-bank-discussing-bitcoin-regulation/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 03:35:37 PM

Hey Vella85

The swap will include changes to the way interest is paid out through DNotes Vault.

DNotes 2.0 will have two avenues to earn interest. The first is through the change to Proof Of Stake algorithm, where you can earn ~2% annualized interest. The second is by storing your coins at the DNotes Vault -- there will be a 0.166% monthly interest paid out for every 30 days you store your coins there (which works out at ~2% per year), and an additional 4% paid out every time your coins reach 365 days in the vault. If you take advantage of all of these, you can earn up to 8% per year. DNotes Vault funds can be remotely staked (cold staking) by a node running on a remote computer so make this possible.  

We're looking very forward to the release of DNotes 2.0, and are very pleased with the incentive structure it will provide to savers. DNotes recognizes that savings and investment are cornerstones of healthy economies and personal financial health.

Thanks Tim, also all current CRISP accounts will be converted regular Vault accounts at the time of the swap as the new CRISP program will distribute to all addresses directly from the blockchain.

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 11:36:39 PM

Hey Vella85

Thanks TeeGee, So I can just leave my DNotes in the vault and not have to doing anything as the swap will be done by the dev team right? I'm happy with leaving them in the vault and earning that monthly interest and I'll even earn the bonus for the 365 days as I plan to hold my DNotes for a very long time. Hopefully it will be part of my retirement.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 12:24:57 AM

Hey Vella85

Thanks TeeGee, So I can just leave my DNotes in the vault and not have to doing anything as the swap will be done by the dev team right? I'm happy with leaving them in the vault and earning that monthly interest and I'll even earn the bonus for the 365 days as I plan to hold my DNotes for a very long time. Hopefully it will be part of my retirement.

Absolutely! Everything at the DNotesVault will be 100% handled and swapped for account holders. Thank you for your support Vekka85

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 05:59:54 AM

Atomic Swap Between Bitcoin and Ethereum (on a test net)

So it looks like the Altcoin Exchange team have successfully swapped BTC for ETH in an atomic swap. From my understanding of the process, this is a direct swap enabled and enforced by code without any requirement for a third party.

https://news.bitcoin.com/altcoin-exchange-performs-first-atomic-swap-between-bitcoin-and-ethereum/

If this holds up to scrutiny, survives the testing process, and is brought mainstream, it is a game changer in the cryptocurrency industry.
"The Altcoin Exchange team transferred 0.12345 ETH for 0.12345 BTC using an on-chain open source process. Altcoin Exchange plans to launch the project’s Github repository this Tuesday, the company’s CEO Andrew Gazdecki told news.Bitcoin.com"

When China told their exchanges to shut down, they also demanded that their files be sent in to the government on compact discs. I'm romantic enough to be disappointed that the cryptocurrency files weren't demanded on punch cards. But even so, exchangeless swaps mean that personal details stored by the exchange when you login, aren't linked to your swap.

It also has the ability to hamper or completely obstruct other attempts to regulate aspects of the cryptocurrency industry. If you can swap bitcoin for ethereum without an exchange, then you can invest in ICOs from a country that is trying to block them by closing exchanges.

Exchanges will still be required for match making purposes. But because that is all they might be doing, setting up and running an exchange would be much cheaper, and not require users to trust them, or even have an account with them. It would be more like a search engine for open offers.

But ultimately, I believe the most significant effect will be increased public trust in cryptocurrencies. Many people who are concerned about investing in cryptocurrency worry about news of bitcoin being stolen. But stealing a cryptocurrency is much harder than stealing cash or property. The news of stolen bitcoins comes from exchanges, and many believe they are inside jobs. If exchanges give way to atomic swaps made simple by building the functionality into wallets, we won't be hearing any more news about hacked exchanges. Trust in cryptocurrencies will rise dramatically.

I was certain I'd never leave my money in an exchange because of all the negative press. But when I read that DNotes Vault held an equivalent duplicate balance in cold storage, and I looked up that address and found the DNotes sitting there, I decided to trust them. And while I understand that a DNotes Global Inc run exchange is on the road map, if atomic swaps remove the need for this, I don't see it harming their long-term vision of making DNotes a cryptocurrency for daily use. It would just mean someone solved a problem along that journey.

I'd be interested to know if provisions to enable atomic swaps have been designed into DNotes2.0

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:00:55 PM

Atomic Swap Between Bitcoin and Ethereum (on a test net)

So it looks like the Altcoin Exchange team have successfully swapped BTC for ETH in an atomic swap. From my understanding of the process, this is a direct swap enabled and enforced by code without any requirement for a third party.

https://news.bitcoin.com/altcoin-exchange-performs-first-atomic-swap-between-bitcoin-and-ethereum/

If this holds up to scrutiny, survives the testing process, and is brought mainstream, it is a game changer in the cryptocurrency industry.
"The Altcoin Exchange team transferred 0.12345 ETH for 0.12345 BTC using an on-chain open source process. Altcoin Exchange plans to launch the project’s Github repository this Tuesday, the company’s CEO Andrew Gazdecki told news.Bitcoin.com"

When China told their exchanges to shut down, they also demanded that their files be sent in to the government on compact discs. I'm romantic enough to be disappointed that the cryptocurrency files weren't demanded on punch cards. But even so, exchangeless swaps mean that personal details stored by the exchange when you login, aren't linked to your swap.

It also has the ability to hamper or completely obstruct other attempts to regulate aspects of the cryptocurrency industry. If you can swap bitcoin for ethereum without an exchange, then you can invest in ICOs from a country that is trying to block them by closing exchanges.

Exchanges will still be required for match making purposes. But because that is all they might be doing, setting up and running an exchange would be much cheaper, and not require users to trust them, or even have an account with them. It would be more like a search engine for open offers.

But ultimately, I believe the most significant effect will be increased public trust in cryptocurrencies. Many people who are concerned about investing in cryptocurrency worry about news of bitcoin being stolen. But stealing a cryptocurrency is much harder than stealing cash or property. The news of stolen bitcoins comes from exchanges, and many believe they are inside jobs. If exchanges give way to atomic swaps made simple by building the functionality into wallets, we won't be hearing any more news about hacked exchanges. Trust in cryptocurrencies will rise dramatically.

I was certain I'd never leave my money in an exchange because of all the negative press. But when I read that DNotes Vault held an equivalent duplicate balance in cold storage, and I looked up that address and found the DNotes sitting there, I decided to trust them. And while I understand that a DNotes Global Inc run exchange is on the road map, if atomic swaps remove the need for this, I don't see it harming their long-term vision of making DNotes a cryptocurrency for daily use. It would just mean someone solved a problem along that journey.

I'd be interested to know if provisions to enable atomic swaps have been designed into DNotes2.0

Thanks for sharing the link with great comments. This is another technology advancement that will make it impossible for the government to shut down decentralized digital currency. However, I don’t think that it will put the likes of Coinbase and Poloniex Exchange out of business anytime soon.

We have been studying both decentralized and full-services exchanges closely. At this point, I am inclined to believe that there is a need for both - integrated with various other exchanges to include the exchange of fiat currencies as well. DNotes’ model is to use the best technology that is most beneficial to our users and stakeholders. Our current ecosystem coupled with decentralized/centralized exchange, bank, partner banks, and multi-currencies card will differentiate us from our competition. Central to its success is the trusted brand of DNotes. After trust is; convenience and ease of use. Those factors will remain as our focus.
DCEBrief

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:02:07 PM

Bitsewa Exchange Closes as Nepal Takes Hard Line on Bitcoin

https://dcebrief.com/bitsewa-exchange-closes-as-nepal-takes-hard-line-on-bitcoin/
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: