Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 02:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148804 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 02:33:24 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:25:39 PM

Happy New Year!

Love the image above - it is perfectly suited to the exciting year coming up.  Wink

Question - Does anyone know of an exchange that has practice accounts for trading?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:37:59 PM

Happy New Year to the DNotes crew and investors!
Looks like a great year for DNotes!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:40:02 PM

Happy New Year!

Love the image above - it is perfectly suited to the exciting year coming up.  Wink

Question - Does anyone know of an exchange that has practice accounts for trading?

Not an Exchange but, try this site;  https://coins2learn.com/

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:52:19 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Excellent job, Joe.

My very best wishes to you all for a very Happy and Prosperous 2018!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:01:13 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 06:08:07 PM by Dyna

Happy New Year to the DNotes crew and investors!
Looks like a great year for DNotes!

Thank you, RJF. Things are looking very good from my vantage point. I trust that we will have a fantastic 2018. I can already feel that many more people want to be our friends. And if we have a party at the end of 2018 - it will be filled to capacity. LOL (You know I got that idea from you, RJF).
bitcoindnotes2.0

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 05:40:07 PM

Excellent job, Happy New Year!

I love DNotes so much...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 06:28:55 PM

https://dcebrief.com/our-christmas-wish-for-all-of-you/

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:15:07 PM

Happy New Year!

Not an Exchange but, try this site;  https://coins2learn.com/

Thanks RJF, it's perfect!

With the monsoon of cryptocurrency videos on YouTube, it is difficult, if not impossible to quickly find quality material. A lot of them are way too long to hold the attention span of the viewer, difficult to understand, contain factual errors, and the worst are the ones that have some sort of "get rich quick" report to download at the end of the video.

If you see any more 'what is' or 'how to' easy to understand material, let me know.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:59:41 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Excellent job, Happy New Year!

I love DNotes so much...

Thanks bitcoindnotes2.0, and Happy New Year to you too!

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:49:42 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Same to the DNotes team and the entire community.

2018, for me, is going to be a year of personal transformation. First up, winning my bet at healthywage.com. I signed up to lose 20% of my body weight, and attached enough financial incentive to the goal that it will really hurt if I don't get there.

Here's to a great start to that and everyone else's 2018 goals for personal and professional betterment.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 05:28:22 AM

2018, for me, is going to be a year of personal transformation. First up, winning my bet at healthywage.com. I signed up to lose 20% of my body weight, and attached enough financial incentive to the goal that it will really hurt if I don't get there.

Here's to a great start to that and everyone else's 2018 goals for personal and professional betterment.

It always makes me happy to hear that someone I like hearing from is taking action to improve their odds of being on the planet longer and participating in it more. (I'm assuming that you have objective information that this is excess weight).

I really like it that you've found a way to gamify and enjoy the process. So I'm wishing you more than success with this venture, I'm hoping it brings lots of fun as well.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 06:38:14 AM

Australian Banks Respond to Cryptocurrency Competition

I always guessed this was coming, but I'm surprised to see them move so fast. I've always seen banks as the slowest industry to change in response to a shifting market. But it appears that Australian Banks are moving to a defensive position by thwarting bitcoin purchases, and preparing to compete by introducing a fast and user-friendly, inter-bank transaction system.

This article in the Sydney Morning Herald draws together a number of stories that show how the big four banks of Australia are freezing accounts and blocking transactions where they detect activity involving bitcoin exchanges.
http://www.smh.com.au/business/bitcoin-tensions-rise-as-investors-claim-banks-freezing-their-accounts-20171229-p4yy3z.html

It seems like the obvious solution; if you don't want cryptocurrency to be successful, block customers from exercising their right to purchase it. The trouble is that there are now so many different options for transferring money that, while it can certainly slow down a lot of the business, it won't stop it. And where money is there for the making in the exchange between cryptocurrency and fiat currency, someone will always find a way to make it work.

But I believe their other strategy will have a more significant effect on cryptocurrency adoption. "Provide the services that the public want, at a good price." This is a tried and tested strategy that the big four banks have never needed to turn to. In their monopoly, they've been able to provide very poor quality service for fees far above the cost of delivering it. But cryptocurrency has provided competition by enabling people to quickly transfer value to each other via the Internet, for (until recently with bitcoin) significantly lower costs.

So now they are introducing a new protocol, NPP (New Payments Platform) to enable immediate payments between nearly all Australian bank account holders. BPay Group is also adding functionality with an extra layer called Osko. This will then enable the payments to be made using the recipient's mobile number or email address. The new protocol enables transactions to also contain additional text information and links to external documents. This will give Australians the ability to do one of the main things that makes cryptocurrency attractive, simple fast electronic payments to each other.

To be fair, this project was first discussed in 2012, long before bitcoin's rise to general public awareness. But it was also a long time after Satoshi Nakamoto put the writing on the wall. And while this leap in banking services might seem localised to Australia, the task of writing the code was given to SWIFT.

"NPP Australia also signed a 12-year contract with global provider of secure financial messaging services Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) to design, build and operate the basic infrastructure. This organisation is the powerhouse behind international banking transfers and owner of the SWIFT keys you need to make them. So while I don't know what IP arrangements were made for this project, it is easy to see how an agreement could easily be reached to role out this service at an international level. Doing so would be like handing out the Paypal.me service to everyone without them having to incur the extra fees charged by Paypal for using it. When it comes to providing a useful alternative to cryptocurrency, this could be a game changer. Though, so far as  I have searched, there has been no indication of proposed fee structures for using Osko on the NPP.
http://www.apca.com.au/about-payments/future-of-payments/new-payments-platform-phases-3-4

The article about this failed to breakdown the NPP acronym.
http://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/cash-payment-decline-tipped-to-gather-pace-in-2018-20171222-p4yy03.html

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:10:29 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Excellent job, Joe.

My very best wishes to you all for a very Happy and Prosperous 2018!

Yes Happy New Year! I'm super excited to see how dnotes grows this year and all thats coming! Awesome work!

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
Wealthway

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

A Nigerian cryptocurrency advocate, let's do it

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:46:19 PM

Happy New year everyone, may it be the best year so far for all of us

A Nigerian based Cryptocurrency Advocate: I believe strongly in TEAM work - Together, Everyone Achieves More
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 07:07:03 PM

Happy New year everyone, may it be the best year so far for all of us

Welcome Weakthway! Thank you!

I hope everyone had a great new years eve. Looking forward to an amazing year in 2018!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:29:41 PM

Hope you all have had a great evening enjoying the New Year celebrations.

I had wanted to take it easy for a couple of days but so far it has not been as planned. Instead, I have been actively responding to many LinkedIn connections of fairly high-level contacts. That could be a great sign that DNotes is finally being discovered. Or perhaps, more people are beginning to realize that our selection of Reg. A+ Mini-IPO is the smartest and best legal alternative to funding our projects, instead of joining the popular ICO phenomena. 
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:52:01 PM

India’s Finance Ministry Issues New Statement on Crpyto Risks

https://dcebrief.com/indias-finance-ministry-issues-new-statement-on-crypto-risks/
MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:38:51 PM

It always makes me happy to hear that someone I like hearing from is taking action to improve their odds of being on the planet longer and participating in it more. (I'm assuming that you have objective information that this is excess weight).

I really like it that you've found a way to gamify and enjoy the process. So I'm wishing you more than success with this venture, I'm hoping it brings lots of fun as well.

Yeah, I really liked the concept when I first heard of the site. Studies indicate upwards of a 40% increased chance in hitting goals when a financial incentive is there.

It will definitely be a lot of fun; I enjoy fitness. But every year the past 10 years since having kids, I seem to get just a little bit fatter. I've run 6 marathons the last 10 years, with my latest coming late last April. But my BMI technically puts me just a hair over obese. I lovvvvvve running, but it's not conducive to fat burning since that is best for exercise that is 110-120 heartbeats per minute. My trouble is that I motivate myself by saying "Im gonna running a marathon in 9 months." Then all my training focus is on that. And it's really only during the first few weeks of plodding along that I'm doing much fat burning. But I can't stay in that paradigm, since I have to start building towards the race.

So, I feel like the financial incentive/gamifying will take the place of the marathon as motivation...and allow me the mental freedom just do 60-90 minutes a day of walking on a treadmill, without the pressure of feeling like I need to get to the next level asap for an upcoming race.

Anyhow, this is going to be an amazing year.

What's everyone else's top self-improvement goals for the upcoming year? How about you TM?

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:44:19 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 05:34:51 AM by TimMarsh

Yeah, I really liked the concept when I first heard of the site. Studies indicate upwards of a 40% increased chance in hitting goals when a financial incentive is there.

It will definitely be a lot of fun; I enjoy fitness. But every year the past 10 years since having kids, I seem to get just a little bit fatter. I've run 6 marathons the last 10 years, with my latest coming late last April. But my BMI technically puts me just a hair over obese. I lovvvvvve running, but it's not conducive to fat burning since that is best for exercise that is 110-120 heartbeats per minute. My trouble is that I motivate myself by saying "Im gonna running a marathon in 9 months." Then all my training focus is on that. And it's really only during the first few weeks of plodding along that I'm doing much fat burning. But I can't stay in that paradigm, since I have to start building towards the race.

So, I feel like the financial incentive/gamifying will take the place of the marathon as motivation...and allow me the mental freedom just do 60-90 minutes a day of walking on a treadmill, without the pressure of feeling like I need to get to the next level asap for an upcoming race.

Anyhow, this is going to be an amazing year.

What's everyone else's top self-improvement goals for the upcoming year? How about you TM?

Okay you've both inspired me to and made me think about it, so here goes…
I don't have that button that fires off on new years because we're at the same point around the sun as we were last year. I've rarely started and only once finished a new year's resolution. That one that I did was to stop me being so damn emphatic. So I removed the word 'is' from my vocabulary for a year.

This year:
  • I'm doing a yoga retreat in March and walking the 600km Camino de Santiago in July. So getting closer to touching my toes is on the cards.
  • Mentally; I'm aiming for at least two 10 minute sessions of meditation a week.
  • Skills; I'm learning python and experimenting with writing AI code.
  • Creative writing; Proofread and edit my novel "Demon Spawn Goes to High School"
  • Commercial writing; Try my hand at writing scripts/screen plays for short Youtube videos.
  • Emotionally; I'm working on being more present when feeling hurt or in trouble.
  • Musically; I'll be focusing on the ocarina because I just bought a new one that is an octave lower and easier on the ear.
  • Languages; Khmer is a long term project, but I'll add some Spanish in this year, I bought the Language Hacking Spanish book.
  • Artistically; sadly I don't think I'll have time to keep learning the 3D software Blender this year.
  • Charity/Social; I still believe that nearly all of the little fires that everyone spends their energy trying to put out, would all go out on their own if we banned all forms of donations to political parties accept personal donations capped at a level where the majority of the population would donate, like $20–$80. So that will continue to be my battle.  

That was worth spending the time thinking about, MiningHabit. And because of this, I'll probably stay more focused on it and get better results by the end of the year. It was a good exercise, so I'll quote you to end this:

What's our top self-improvement goals for the year? ... edited as per Alan's excellent suggestion.

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: