Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:25:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:00:01 AM

Quote from Brandon today:

"Same here Alan's article re-inspired me. I have a few things on the go and am traveling today, but will also be working on an article for DCEBrief that I've mapped out. If you need another set of eyes to edit/proofread, feel free to email it to me."

Thank you, Brandon. We appreciate your significant contributions to DNotes' success, including an immensely valuable component - DNotesEDU. It greatly expands our mission to help others through education with objective, much needed, and unbiased information. Just imagine what else you could do when DNotes becomes a big success. That is why we want to only focus on a few things at a time to ensure that they become truly successful. Once accomplished, we can leverage our success to do more great things. That is how we can help change the world a little. As I have said many times, we do it "brick by brick or block by block" until we have a solid foundation. And, of course, they are all strategically linked.

That was a part of the discussion I had at Geneca a few days ago. When our full and totally integrated systems is in place, it will enable a lot of things on our wish list to happen seamlessly in a trusted environment. The end users do not need to know the complexities of our back-end infrastructure, the philosophies, algorithm, and support systems behind it. What matters is -"it is simple, convenient, secured, and I trust the the people who build and operate the system". That is one of the biggest problems we are attempting to solve. Yes, it will take us a few years and some massive investment.  

I understand Alan, it's easy to get spread too thin when there are so many possibilities on the table. But unfortunately when that route is taken, as opposed to focusing on one task at a time, nothing usually gets completed to a satisfactory degree. This is speaking from my personal experience.

I want to assure everyone that DNotesEDU is my top priority, bar none.

Excellent, Brandon. We appreciate the great work you guys are doing at DNotesEDU. I strongly encourage anyone interested in helping DNotesEDU to reach out to Brandon.

Thank you for the support Alan, unfortunately we are not looking for new volunteers at this time. If we think someone will be a valuable asset to our long term goals, we will reach out to them personally.

Looking forward to the relaunch of DNotesEDU, the preview you sent over is excellent! As I understand, the primary mission is financial education and literacy and how it relates to digital currency, do you plan to expand into other aspects of education related to digital currency or keep it more focused?

I can tell you there will definitely be more digital currency educational material, but I have been sworn to secrecy on the rest. lol

One of Alan's posts mentioned a 20 hour workday... I understand completely!!

Have a great weekend everyone!  Smiley

You guys are doing a fantastic job. I am on my way to the farm where we have our recording studio. I am committed to finishing the remaining video series for the book project - 70 + videos. That project will be 100% completed by the end of January. That itself is quite an accomplishment. My thanks to all of you who have given me the encouragement, inspiration, and support to make it possible. I trust that it will go a long way to help entrepreneurs and startups to gain better success in business. It is all based on the philosophy of inclusiveness and succeeding together. That is what DNotes is about. Good luck and thanks.

I have been enjoying watching the videos you have made, which are a different and more personal way to absorb the information contained in your book. When this is completed, it will support so much more of what we are doing, and signal the true expertise behind what DNotes Global will be accomplishing in the years to come.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:36:01 AM

Former FDIC Chair on Bitcoin: Regulate, But Don’t Ban

https://dcebrief.com/former-fdic-chair-on-bitcoin-regulate-but-dont-ban/
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:39:39 PM

Quote from Brandon today:

"Same here Alan's article re-inspired me. I have a few things on the go and am traveling today, but will also be working on an article for DCEBrief that I've mapped out. If you need another set of eyes to edit/proofread, feel free to email it to me."

Thank you, Brandon. We appreciate your significant contributions to DNotes' success, including an immensely valuable component - DNotesEDU. It greatly expands our mission to help others through education with objective, much needed, and unbiased information. Just imagine what else you could do when DNotes becomes a big success. That is why we want to only focus on a few things at a time to ensure that they become truly successful. Once accomplished, we can leverage our success to do more great things. That is how we can help change the world a little. As I have said many times, we do it "brick by brick or block by block" until we have a solid foundation. And, of course, they are all strategically linked.

That was a part of the discussion I had at Geneca a few days ago. When our full and totally integrated systems is in place, it will enable a lot of things on our wish list to happen seamlessly in a trusted environment. The end users do not need to know the complexities of our back-end infrastructure, the philosophies, algorithm, and support systems behind it. What matters is -"it is simple, convenient, secured, and I trust the the people who build and operate the system". That is one of the biggest problems we are attempting to solve. Yes, it will take us a few years and some massive investment.  

I understand Alan, it's easy to get spread too thin when there are so many possibilities on the table. But unfortunately when that route is taken, as opposed to focusing on one task at a time, nothing usually gets completed to a satisfactory degree. This is speaking from my personal experience.

I want to assure everyone that DNotesEDU is my top priority, bar none.

Excellent, Brandon. We appreciate the great work you guys are doing at DNotesEDU. I strongly encourage anyone interested in helping DNotesEDU to reach out to Brandon.

Thank you for the support Alan, unfortunately we are not looking for new volunteers at this time. If we think someone will be a valuable asset to our long term goals, we will reach out to them personally.

Looking forward to the relaunch of DNotesEDU, the preview you sent over is excellent! As I understand, the primary mission is financial education and literacy and how it relates to digital currency, do you plan to expand into other aspects of education related to digital currency or keep it more focused?

I can tell you there will definitely be more digital currency educational material, but I have been sworn to secrecy on the rest. lol

One of Alan's posts mentioned a 20 hour workday... I understand completely!!

Have a great weekend everyone!  Smiley

You guys are doing a fantastic job. I am on my way to the farm where we have our recording studio. I am committed to finishing the remaining video series for the book project - 70 + videos. That project will be 100% completed by the end of January. That itself is quite an accomplishment. My thanks to all of you who have given me the encouragement, inspiration, and support to make it possible. I trust that it will go a long way to help entrepreneurs and startups to gain better success in business. It is all based on the philosophy of inclusiveness and succeeding together. That is what DNotes is about. Good luck and thanks.

I have been enjoying watching the videos you have made, which are a different and more personal way to absorb the information contained in your book. When this is completed, it will support so much more of what we are doing, and signal the true expertise behind what DNotes Global will be accomplishing in the years to come.

Thanks, Tim. I am glad that you like the videos. We have been making huge efforts to expand the guiding principles established in the book to make them even more understandable as they relate to entrepreneurs' everyday challenges in managing their business. If we can find the right strategic partners, the next step is to start promoting the book soon. Meanwhile, there are considerations to produce additional training materials that could be used broadly in corporate America training programs. That, again, is part of our overall strategy to gain mass acceptance of DNotes.
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:13:42 PM

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:17:41 PM

It looks like bitcoin ETFs will have to wait. The volatility of the last few weeks was likely the final straw.

Cryptocurrency ETFs Are Off the Table for Now, the SEC Says

http://fortune.com/2018/01/19/sec-cryptocurrency-etfs-bitcoin/

Cryptocurrencies are clearly still seen as a challenge by regulatory bodies to allow proper integration into the financial system, with some clear problems that need to be addressed. Tomorrow we are hoping to have an article released on www.dcebrief.com that will run through the game theory nash equilibrium for why governments and other traditional financial institutions should work with cryptocurrency integration, rather than against it. We are aiming for an approximate ~10pm Sunday CST release time, all things going to plan.

There has got to be some formula that reasonably accurately predicts what the cryptocurrency market will do next. Why do I think that? Because I personally am getting better and better at "calling" it for my own trades based on some sort of gut feeling. While I'd love to give my psychic powers all the credit (LOL), I'm sure that what's feeding into my gut feeling ability to predict when is a good time for me to make a trade is based on real data that my brain is analyzing in the background (without me really knowing how) that could also be analyzed by a good computer program.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:21:56 PM

This! No matter how involved or complicated the back end might be, you guys have to make it look easy! The end user does not care about all the back end details. If you need someone to alpha or beta test any of your systems, I'd be happy to do it. I will tell you straight out if it's too complicated. I'm sure you'll do great, though. The fact that you're partnering with a real software development company speaks volumes. Thank you for going to that length!
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:22:19 PM

It looks like bitcoin ETFs will have to wait. The volatility of the last few weeks was likely the final straw.

Cryptocurrencies are clearly still seen as a challenge by regulatory bodies to allow proper integration into the financial system, with some clear problems that need to be addressed. Tomorrow we are hoping to have an article released on www.dcebrief.com that will run through the game theory nash equilibrium for why governments and other traditional financial institutions should work with cryptocurrency integration, rather than against it. We are aiming for an approximate ~10pm Sunday CST release time, all things going to plan.

There has got to be some formula that reasonably accurately predicts what the cryptocurrency market will do next. Why do I think that? Because I personally am getting better and better at "calling" it for my own trades based on some sort of gut feeling. While I'd love to give my psychic powers all the credit (LOL), I'm sure that what's feeding into my gut feeling ability to predict when is a good time for me to make a trade is based on real data that my brain is analyzing in the background (without me really knowing how) that could also be analyzed by a good computer program.

Lucky you, I wish aliens would beam this kind of information down to me!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:35:41 AM

Wow, you guys put in some serious work covering many different issues. Highly recommended reading. It deserves my second reading when I have more time. Below are some direct quotes from the article.

Executive Brief
One of the main sources of frustration for those of us who are blockchain and cryptocurrency enthusiasts is the degree to which big companies and large financial institutions still don’t understand our industry. Earlier this week, one of New Zealand’s largest banks ASB released a blog post by their General Manager of Global Markets, Nigel Annett. We believe that post offers tremendous insight into how financial institutions and other major organizations are thinking about cryptocurrency and blockchain adoption.
………
Quote from Nigel Annett:  
Ironically, banking’s profitability is both a strength and a weakness in responding to the threat of exponential technology.  Strong profitability signals there is no burning platform to change with urgency.  Strong profitability also means shareholders expect stable future returns.  But disruptive competitors don’t think this way.  They are happy to sacrifice short-term profitability for longer-term growth that drives greater consumer surpluses.  The challenge for banks is striking the right balance to maintain and enhance their position in the customer value chain.”

Quote From Timothy Goggin and Daniel Gross:
Nigel’s understanding of the upcoming effect of cryptocurrencies and blockchain on traditional systems is a lot better than most major institutions that we have seen so far, though we do draw attention to some substantial points of disagreement. Traditional banking and central government institutions can benefit greatly and profitably from cryptocurrencies with the methods we have outlined above, and significant negative consequences could be incurred should they be ignored. Cryptocurrencies are presenting the world with the same choice offered by the internet two decades ago—get on board or get run over. Cryptocurrencies are getting bigger by the day and they are not going to go away, no matter what anyone or any institution says.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:58:09 AM

Lucky you, I wish aliens would beam this kind of information down to me!

They will. You just have to stay up till late at night, every night - doing you homework. Lol!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:11:34 AM

This! No matter how involved or complicated the back end might be, you guys have to make it look easy! The end user does not care about all the back end details. If you need someone to alpha or beta test any of your systems, I'd be happy to do it. I will tell you straight out if it's too complicated. I'm sure you'll do great, though. The fact that you're partnering with a real software development company speaks volumes. Thank you for going to that length!

You are welcome, Wiser. Thank you for your offer. I am sure that your experience will lead to invaluable feedback representing the typical consumers.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:18:06 AM

Wow, you guys put in some serious work covering many different issues. Highly recommended reading. It deserves my second reading when I have more time. Below are some direct quotes from the article.

Executive Brief
One of the main sources of frustration for those of us who are blockchain and cryptocurrency enthusiasts is the degree to which big companies and large financial institutions still don’t understand our industry. Earlier this week, one of New Zealand’s largest banks ASB released a blog post by their General Manager of Global Markets, Nigel Annett. We believe that post offers tremendous insight into how financial institutions and other major organizations are thinking about cryptocurrency and blockchain adoption.
………
Quote from Nigel Annett:  
Ironically, banking’s profitability is both a strength and a weakness in responding to the threat of exponential technology.  Strong profitability signals there is no burning platform to change with urgency.  Strong profitability also means shareholders expect stable future returns.  But disruptive competitors don’t think this way.  They are happy to sacrifice short-term profitability for longer-term growth that drives greater consumer surpluses.  The challenge for banks is striking the right balance to maintain and enhance their position in the customer value chain.”

Quote From Timothy Goggin and Daniel Gross:
Nigel’s understanding of the upcoming effect of cryptocurrencies and blockchain on traditional systems is a lot better than most major institutions that we have seen so far, though we do draw attention to some substantial points of disagreement. Traditional banking and central government institutions can benefit greatly and profitably from cryptocurrencies with the methods we have outlined above, and significant negative consequences could be incurred should they be ignored. Cryptocurrencies are presenting the world with the same choice offered by the internet two decades ago—get on board or get run over. Cryptocurrencies are getting bigger by the day and they are not going to go away, no matter what anyone or any institution says.

Agreed, amazing work Tim and Daniel, clearly a great deal of effort into writing this article and strategic positioning behind the message. This has the potential to capture the attention of the financial institutions and other major organizations and give them some insight into how they can benefit from our industry.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 05:44:10 AM

Question on DNotes vault update: Do you consider two factor authentication via SMS? I guess that there are a lot of people who can not (are not able to) use QR codes.

Hi AlCamus, we hadn't considered using SMS authentication at this time. The current 2FA uses Google authenticator, which the user can either scan the QR code or enter the written code into the Google Authenticator app. We would certainly be interested to find out if there are users who are unable to use this form of 2FA. My guess is that the phone would not be a smart phone?

Where 2FA is used to add another factor of certainty that the user has access rights, SMS can be useful. But using SMS to enable password reset is a great risk because you are relying on the phone security, and the service provider refusing to transfer the number to a different SIM without sufficient authorisation.

It is like that crazy scheme of protecting your account with a password that contains very high entropy, but if the 'user' forgets it, they can then gain access to the account with simple questions that can be answered by searching their Facebook account. Poorly implemented 2FA can reduce security instead of increasing it. DNotes Global Inc. always do their research and never rush into untested solutions, so I'm sure they'll get this right.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:32:17 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 08:04:01 PM by Brandon Cheliak

I am happy to announce that tougher with our p2pool services (www.e-pool.net)  we will start delivering also exchange services (www.nlexch.com)

NLEXCH is a crypto-coin trading platform built on the Rails framework and other cuting-edge technology. Our high performance trading engine and safety are the main highlights our users can enjoy.

Features:

Designed as high performance crypto currency exchange
    Built-in high performance matching-engine
    Usability and scalibility
    Websocket and HTTPS API for miners and high frequency traders
    Google Two-Factor authenticaton
    Industry standard security
    Instant, free fully automated deposits and withdrawals
    Only 0.25% trading fees

Markets:

note/btc        https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notebtc
note/bch        https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notebch
note/ltc         https://www.nlexch.com/markets/noteltc
note/doge      https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notedoge
note/nlg        https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notenlg
note/emc       https://www.nlexch.com/markets/noteemc
note/xrp      https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notexrp

I have nothing but good things to say about this exchange so far. I made a deposit error, and their support response time was around 15 minutes. While we were still on Poloniex, a good response time for support was a week. This exchange looks like it will be beginner friendly, and if it is anything like their pools will be very stable. Their listing criteria is also much more extensive than other exchanges, so you can expect there is a lower likelihood of cryptocurrencies they choose to list being involved in anything illegal or immoral.

At Nlexch, we look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to digital currency technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.Launching is free and at our discretion.

Note that we cannot list currencies where its primary purpose is to support illegal gambling, illegal drug sales, or any other activity that is illegal in our jurisdiction. We also cannot list currencies that would be construed as a security such as digital currencies that promise/market profits or represent shares of a company. At our discretion, we may require an additional compliance fee for listing. These happen in the extraordinary cases where your coin's use case is extremely complex and requires significant research by our staff to determine suitability.

To help speed up the process of deploying your coin, we require the following information submitted through our support (info@nlexch.com)
-Coin Name
-Description of your coin - Why does it exist and what makes it unique? What new technology or business concept are you bringing to the blockchain?
-Coin trading symbol - The ticker needs to be 3-5 letters and cannot contain any symbols or numbers. Please verify that your preferred symbol is not already in use on our exchange or any other. There are a number of services that track coin prices that require the symbols to be unique. -Even if the symbol is not on our exchange anymore, we won't reuse it. Consider your symbol carefully because we will not change it once it is set.
-A logo for your coin - png format with a transparent background. The logo should be square with dimensions of 1000x1000 pixels with no white space on its border and no taglines. It should only be a logo and expect it to show up in multiple spots in out websites.
-Launch Date (past or future)
-Github Link - We only accept source code. We will not run a binary that you provide us.
-Did you raise money/bitcoin to launch your coin? (i.e. a CFC/ICO)
-Did you have a premine? How much is it? Is it escrowed?
-What is the max money supply for your coin?
-Exchanges you are currently on
-Official blockchain explorer
-What is your TxFee for a transaction
-Any social media information such as your official website, twitter account, facebook page, subreddit, etc.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 10:23:55 PM

I am happy to announce that tougher with our p2pool services (www.e-pool.net)  we will start delivering also exchange services (www.nlexch.com)

NLEXCH is a crypto-coin trading platform built on the Rails framework and other cuting-edge technology. Our high performance trading engine and safety are the main highlights our users can enjoy.

Features:

Only 0.25% trading fees

Markets:

I have nothing but good things to say about this exchange so far. I made a deposit error, and their support response time was around 15 minutes. While we were still on Poloniex, a good response time for support was a week. This exchange looks like it will be beginner friendly, and if it is anything like their pools will be very stable. Their listing criteria is also much more extensive than other exchanges, so you can expect there is a lower likelihood of cryptocurrencies they choose to list being involved in anything illegal or immoral.

At Nlexch, we look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to digital currency technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.Launching is free and at our discretion.

Note that we cannot list currencies where its primary purpose is to support illegal gambling, illegal drug sales, or any other activity that is illegal in our jurisdiction. We also cannot list currencies that would be construed as a security such as digital currencies that promise/market profits or represent shares of a company. At our discretion, we may require an additional compliance fee for listing. These happen in the extraordinary cases where your coin's use case is extremely complex and requires significant research by our staff to determine suitability.

To help speed up the process of deploying your coin, we require the following information submitted through our support (info@nlexch.com)
-Coin Name
-Description of your coin - Why does it exist and what makes it unique? What new technology or business concept are you bringing to the blockchain?
-Coin trading symbol - The ticker needs to be 3-5 letters and cannot contain any symbols or numbers. Please verify that your preferred symbol is not already in use on our exchange or any other. There are a number of services that track coin prices that require the symbols to be unique. -Even if the symbol is not on our exchange anymore, we won't reuse it. Consider your symbol carefully because we will not change it once it is set.
-A logo for your coin - png format with a transparent background. The logo should be square with dimensions of 1000x1000 pixels with no white space on its border and no taglines. It should only be a logo and expect it to show up in multiple spots in out websites.
-Github Link - We only accept source code. We will not run a binary that you provide us.
-Any social media information such as your official website, twitter account, facebook page, subreddit, etc.

Thank you amarian12! For those that may not recall, amarian12 and e-pool were among the first to support DNotes, we appreciate your support and wish you all the best in your new exchange endeavour.

DCEBrief

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:19:02 AM

https://dcebrief.com/bloomberg-editors-reveal-how-little-they-know-about-bitcoin-or-cryptocurrency/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:36:26 AM

Features:

Only 0.25% trading fees

Markets:

-Coin Name

Thank you amarian12! For those that may not recall, amarian12 and e-pool were among the first to support DNotes, we appreciate your support and wish you all the best in your new exchange endeavour.

That is very nice of you to have included DNotes, amarian12. We appreciate that very much. Let us know if there is anything that we can be helpful. Meanwhile, we wish you every success.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:46:01 AM

Thanks, Daniel. Another great article.

Here is my favorite:

"While the Bloomberg writers are correct about bitcoin being a peer-to-peer digital currency (well done guys), the fact that it is a liability of nobody is precisely what gives it value. The fact that it cannot be inflated or controlled by a central authority and is answerable to nobody and beholden to nobody is precisely what gives it value."
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:49:02 AM

https://dcebrief.com/icos-may-have-nowhere-to-hide-from-canadian-securities-laws/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:47:17 PM

More troubling news for ICOs.

Bitcoin hackers have stolen ‘£285million’ from cryptocurrency investors causing ‘CHAOS'

BITCOIN hackers have stolen an estimated £285million ($400million) from cryptocurrency investors that have caused “information chaos” as they utilise a fundraising mechanism for devious means, a recent report revealed………

Initial coin offerings are used to exchange crypto tokens for bitcoin or ether to finance a new project - they are similar to Initial Public Offerings (IPO) where investors purchase shares of a company
.”

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/908462/Bitcoin-value-hackers-cryptocurrency-initial-coin-offerings-ICO-Ernst-and-Young-ether
By JOSEPH CAREY
PUBLISHED: 03:08, Tue, Jan 23, 2018 | UPDATED: 03:08, Tue, Jan 23, 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 04:25:33 PM

Great article Cindy. We have chosen the IPO route as the path to raising funds because there is already clear guidelines to follow. While we believe ICO's are exciting and have potentially world changing implications, it is not an established means of raising funds, and making a mistake could lead to disastrous results for DNotes and DNotes Global and it's stakeholders.

Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: