Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:46:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16573 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:40:08 PM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?

Online and Offline Wallets have different uses. It's depend on how or what type of wallet you really needs and the purposes you will do. There are things that offline wallet have some advantages compare to online wallet but on the other hand it can applied vice versa as no doubt online wallets providers have some unique features which is not possible at offline wallet.

For considering what is the best, then try to use various of them as we have different perspective here towards every wallet.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:48:32 PM

Use offline wallets/hardware wallets if you are planning to hold bitcoins worth of huge amounts. Offline wallets are much safer and you have full control over your coins.
But you can use online wallet to store small amount of coins to do small transactions. But remember, you don't have full control over your coins at online wallet.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:57:45 PM

It's crystal clear that offline wallets are the best option when you need the security for holding a large amount of bitcoin in a long time. Otherwise, online wallet provides the easiness of accessing your wallet through everywhere, it matches well if you're a trader who always needs to get in touch with your bitcoin every time. Both have the advantages and disadvantages so choose which one you really need.
Furthermore, you can see these reviews just in case if you really need: https://99bitcoins.com/best-bitcoin-wallet-2015-bitcoin-wallets-comparison-review/
If you will define the both choices you will decide to chose its better to know what is the similarities and differences of both subject. In choosing the wallet you are actually right offline wallet is the best option for people who wants security and wants a long term holding with a large amount. But if someone is on to trading and investment the much proper wallet is the online wallet where you can monitor the price and convert. But it is not bad to try both because you can hold at the same time trade for more ways for you to earn bitcoin.
RealSohan

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

Hello Bitcoiner

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:56:28 PM

I Think bitcoins used in offline wallets more than online.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:08:26 PM

I would personally recommend an Offline wallet

Can we really use an offline wallet? If that idea is safer than online wallet, I think I will use that in the future because if we talk online wallet as of now specially connected to the internet network; vulnerability of being attacked by hacker is really possible to happen. I had no ideas of any offline wallets since my start of bitcoin transaction, online wallet is the wallet I used for a long period of time.
Well if you have substantial amount of Btc and still use online wallet, I would recommend to switch to some offline as soon as possible, Electrum would be great to begin with. While online wallets are still secure enough but since being connected to Internet it's easier to hack them, and then you also need to trust the wallet providing website if it doesn't let you control your private keys like coinbase or xapo.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 05:14:21 PM

I think you're looking for a lot of opinions here, but the challenge with that each person's needs drive their opinion and often two people don't have the same needs.

So, have you checked out this site >>> https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

This allows one to really compare wallets (offline vs. online and more) based on what they're looking for.

I use a bit of both.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:34:51 PM

It is difficult to say which one in better. Both are there and have users. This is because both cater different needs. If you are regular user of bitcoin and make number of transactions daily then go for online. If you are more of investor and less of user then offline means are more suitable to maximize security.
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 851

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:36:33 PM

I think you're looking for a lot of opinions here, but the challenge with that each person's needs drive their opinion and often two people don't have the same needs.

So, have you checked out this site >>> https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

This allows one to really compare wallets (offline vs. online and more) based on what they're looking for.

I use a bit of both.

I used both as well. As others have mentioned, offline wallet has some advantage and vise versa. So it really depends on what activity you will do with bitcoin. So for me, I mostly used online wallet because I have everyday, weekly transactions specially while trading.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
lmillert85

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:38:13 PM

Despite having low balance, I use the wallet offline.
Vantix

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:41:44 PM

offline is way better
if yo have low sums 300-1000$ use online wallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:03:36 PM

I use a bit of both.

I used both as well. As others have mentioned, offline wallet has some advantage and vise versa. So it really depends on what activity you will do with bitcoin. So for me, I mostly used online wallet because I have everyday, weekly transactions specially while trading.
The online wallet is good for daily traders and those who do more than 2 or 3 transactions per day. And it is easy to access, and we can use this bitcoin ant any time. Offline wallets are safer than online, but we can not use this bitcoin easily on a daily basis. Offline wallets will use for long term investment and future savings. But here also risk is there if your system gets any problem and crashed means it's hard to recover your bitcoins.
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:04:11 PM

Right now I am using online wallet. Perhaps the reason is that I own only a very small number of mBTCs. When my coin holdings increase, I will seriously think about moving my coins to an offline wallet.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:09:49 PM

Offline Wallets works best in terms of safety and security of our bitcoin. But no doubt that Online Wallets are playing a big role too and helps us in most of the cases since their existence began.

You can't do anything in Offline Wallet aside as it was solely for storage purposes only that's why we need some Services of a Web Wallet. Depositing, Withdrawing etc are being done in Online Wallet in at ease and quick transactions is one of the good reasons why use the services of an web wallet.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:11:23 PM

Both will do if you control the private keys.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1664

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:14:12 PM

Offline Wallets works best in terms of safety and security of our bitcoin. But no doubt that Online Wallets are playing a big role too and helps us in most of the cases since their existence began.

You can't do anything in Offline Wallet aside as it was solely for storage purposes only that's why we need some Services of a Web Wallet. Depositing, Withdrawing etc are being done in Online Wallet in at ease and quick transactions is one of the good reasons why use the services of an web wallet.

Correct. I like online wallet because of the ease of converting bitcoin to fiat without any problem. Only drawback really is that you don't have the private key's and the chance of losing your btc is far greater than having offline wallet. I don't have offline wallet because I still don't have that much btc to store with.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:21:34 PM

Correct. I like online wallet because of the ease of converting bitcoin to fiat without any problem. Only drawback really is that you don't have the private key's and the chance of losing your btc is far greater than having offline wallet. I don't have offline wallet because I still don't have that much btc to store with.
Most online wallets give you the option to export and backup your private keys as well as your wallet file. I know blockchain.info for one that has such options.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:12:00 PM

Offline/desktop wallet works the best! web/online wallets are good for keeping bitcoins for spending purposes. if you have large sum of bitcoins consider buying a hardware wallet.(ledger nano s is a good hardware wallet)
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:48:59 PM

Offline wallets are unquestionably the best but you can mix them up with an online wallet because you can use the online wallet for day to day transaction whereas the offline wallets must store a chunk of your investments because they are safer being kept there.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:07:37 PM

I guess the offline wallet is more recommended than the online wallet but i guess offline wallet is prone to hacking or bugs but so far i dont encounter this problem so probably offline wallets are the best than online wallets also i guess it is more safe than the online wallet that is prone to scam.
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:12:44 PM

Both will do if you control the private keys.
That’s pretty easy to state though the people who usually store their Bitcoin online end up losing it from certain issues within the website. Having a private key does not really mean anything if there is no Bitcoin found inside of a Bitcoin account.
The wisest suggestion for someone who is trying to store Bitcoin would be to have an offline wallet with a really strong password, back up the wallet files and encrypt that file with a password as well.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: