Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:39:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16573 times)
FloraMullan

Activity: 74
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:32:57 PM

I have made a decision that I will be using online wallet since I make transactions on a daily basis

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:40:09 AM

I would personally recommend an Offline wallet

What are the disadvantages and advantages of wallet off and on, which wallet is recommended for good use and safe and easy
silverkamote

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:48:39 AM

First, don't confuse the terms "offline" vs. "online", use "bitcoin wallet" and "bitcoin account" instead. All wallets that are not considered "cold storage" are "online" because they are connected to the internet.
Bitcoins reside in the block chain.
A bitcoin wallet contains the keys that allow you to spend the bitcoins.
A bitcoin account is an account with some service (such as an exchange) that holds bitcoins for you. They hold the keys to the bitcoins in their wallet and your account keeps track of how many of the bitcoins in their wallet are supposed to be yours.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:29:49 PM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?
Precisely, there are lots of people who use online wallet to keep their bitcoin safe and secure, and they know that no one will try to stealth it.Furthermore, using online wallet will help you to pay bills instantly.However, there are still people who use offline wallet and one the offline wallet is cold storage also called hardware wallet.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
chichan13

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:21:51 PM

Indeed, they use online wallet because they know that using online wallet will keep their bitcoin safe and secure. Using online wallet will help you to pay your bills easily and instantly.However, some people still use the offline wallet or cold storage that you need to install in your computer or laptop.
Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:30:56 PM

Indeed, they use online wallet because they know that using online wallet will keep their bitcoin safe and secure. Using online wallet will help you to pay your bills easily and instantly.However, some people still use the offline wallet or cold storage that you need to install in your computer or laptop.
Will tell you one thing straight,the safest method to hold your coins is to save them in your hardware wallet or in your light client,in short the safest method is where you are able to control your private keys,the rest of the methods are just risky,you never know when these services will be offline or shut down altogether ,so the risks involved in saving your coins in web wallets are higher.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 01:35:31 PM

I have made a decision that I will be using online wallet since I make transactions on a daily basis
Uhm what? How did you come to the conclusion that it's better to use an online wallet if you're going to make transactions on a daily basis?
Security aside, a desktop wallet is arguably much better for daily transactions.

You will never have any downtime, you don't need to log-in before making transactions and most desktop wallets are even easier to use than online wallets (imo).

jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:39:48 PM

Offline wallet and online wallet have advantages and disadvantages. For someone who has high mobility and also often make delivery transactions bitcoin of course online wallets to be the best choice. While those who want a wallet that is much more secure then offline wallet is the best choice. Each section has its own user. They will use the best way to produce the best performance as well.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:40:44 PM

For long term storage, please use offline paper wallet or hardware wallets. Paper wallet must be carefully generated though.

For daily/ frequent use, you can consider one of the mobile wallet- after all you do not bring your computer with you everywhere. Try breadwallet.
I think it's already cleared, based on the purpose and amount of bitcoin obviously.
Small amount of bitcoin and daily transaction - choose online (mobile) wallet.
Huge amount of bitcoin for long term savings - choose offline wallet.
There are a lot of wallets out there, you can research by yourself or read https://99bitcoins.com/best-bitcoin-wallet-2015-bitcoin-wallets-comparison-review/
Bounty Hunter

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:43:33 PM

Depending on the usage people need to selectthe respective wallet. In my view offline wallets were the best for users who consider it as a long term investment. For regular usage starting from transaction to gambling and other needs online wallets were the best.
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:48:39 PM

The best wallet for me is online wallet because you use it to pay your bills and shopping in online market. Also there are many people who use it and you can a sure that your bitcoin is totally safe and secure, and no one will try to stealth it.However, there are still people who use the offline wallet that you to install in your computer.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

I never used any offline wallet because i ma having very less number of bitcoin not even single digit some decimal for that online wallet blockchain.info more than enough . if you want cash it for emergency go for mobile exchange wallets.
nickolada

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:05:14 PM

online wallet is easy
just signup and then you go, just use the service

offine wallet is very strong security
but not everyone can setup the wallet
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:11:17 PM

Offline wallet is good because it has a strong sense of security. It cannot be easily hacked but it is very expensive and most of us cannot afford it. Online wallet is not that bad because it has now two factor authentication for tighter security but you still need to be cautious.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:29:11 PM

Depends on your situation if you're going to store a lot of capital on your wallet you want to atleast have your private keys. But the best option would be a paper or hardware wallet. Paper wallets require a little bit more care and are less user friendly than a hardware one but it doesn't require an investment.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:55:14 PM

It's crystal clear that offline wallets are the best option when you need the security for holding a large amount of bitcoin in a long time. Otherwise, online wallet provides the easiness of accessing your wallet through everywhere, it matches well if you're a trader who always needs to get in touch with your bitcoin every time. Both have the advantages and disadvantages so choose which one you really need.
Furthermore, you can see these reviews just in case if you really need: https://99bitcoins.com/best-bitcoin-wallet-2015-bitcoin-wallets-comparison-review/
For me finding or choosing a suitable wallet it does not matters if your wallet want used is an online or an offline wallet becuase either of the two can do. It just depends on what transaction are you going to make on a specufic wallet. As you said online wallet is more preferable to used for transaction or fast ways transaction while on holding its better to used offline wallet. I agree in both side so why not try using both online wallet and an offline wallet that can suites your transaction needs.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:28:25 PM

Uhm what? How did you come to the conclusion that it's better to use an online wallet if you're going to make transactions on a daily basis?
Security aside, a desktop wallet is arguably much better for daily transactions.

You will never have any downtime, you don't need to log-in before making transactions and most desktop wallets are even easier to use than online wallets (imo).

I swear that he is convinced that his online wallet is staking or something.  Without know what the site is and what the deal is, there is no telling, but that would be one of a very small set of "interest bearing" online wallets.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:32:28 PM

If so, then don't be storing large amount of coins on your online wallet. There is no guarantee that you will have access to your wallet 24/7 and when your coins are lost resulting due to some failures on the server side, there is low chance of you getting back your coins!

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
RedditMaster

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:34:25 AM

Technically, you should be usng offline wallets. Simply because Bitcoin is like the Wild Wild West. If the exchange, or "bank" which is holding your BTC gets hacked, you will lose everything, but if you have them on a piece of paper, you are safe.
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:47:40 AM

Online wallets can be hacked and it is not safe to store big amount of coins, If you have a large amount of coins you should go with offline wallets because it is safe and cannot be hacked just make sure you put it in a safe place so no one can steal it from you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: