Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16570 times)
snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:11:07 PM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?
To choose the right wallet to use, you need to make sure what purpose do you use Bitcoin for. If you use Bitcoin to make investments, to gamble or pay online bills, you should use online wallets. But if you need to store Bitcoin as "Gold" you should use offline wallets or "Cold storage".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:28:15 PM

To choose the right wallet to use, you need to make sure what purpose do you use Bitcoin for. If you use Bitcoin to make investments, to gamble or pay online bills, you should use online wallets. But if you need to store Bitcoin as "Gold" you should use offline wallets or "Cold storage".

I'm usually use blockchain as online wallet and multibit as offline wallet which very usefull option for me to use over three years and Guess what ?
I'm never experience any problem !
Just blockchain erase their "pay to many" feature so I'm using another alternate wallet for using this feature

Smiley
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:31:19 PM

I wouid use the qt wallet for my main wallet and blockchain.info for my smaller wallets for daily or weekly purchasing . Funnel back some of your Bitcoin into the qt wallet for savings. This way it prevents you gaining too many new bitcoins and not outting them into the qt wallet. So topping it up when you have extra Bitcoin in other wallets is a good idea.

Remember if you don't in the keys the Bitcoin stent technically yours.

Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:33:11 PM

If you are new to Bitcoin then I suggest you using an online wallet and slowly learn about the offline wallet and start using it if you have a stable Machine.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:50:08 AM

Depending on the usage people need to selectthe respective wallet. In my view offline wallets were the best for users who consider it as a long term investment. For regular usage starting from transaction to gambling and other needs online wallets were the best.
I think it depends to the people what wallet want he or she use. In addition to that, I prefer to use the online wallet because you can transfer money easily and you can pay your bills instantly. However, there are still people who use the offline wallet also called hardware wallet that you need to install to your computer. Lastly, I think the best way to keep you bitcoin is to put it on online wallet.

There are a lot more exchanges out there than most people realize.  For the normal person, it is a pain to maintain the half dozen exchanges and wallets they already have.  Other than the voting method, I am not sure if there are any free listings on any exchanges, but one thing that you can do if you are desperate and need it on an exchange is to watch for new exchanges and exchanges that are trying to build more traffic and contact them directly. 
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:58:57 AM

I think you need to have both offline and online wallets. An online wallet because you will really need it from time to time doing online transactions. An offline wallet for you to make sure your bitcoins are in a safe storage. But this one implies long term saving for the future.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:15:01 AM

I prefer to use online wallet because I know my bitcoin and money is totally secure and safe. In addition to that, using online wallet will help to pay your bills easily and you can also transfer your money instantly. However, some people still want to use the offline wallet that you need to install to your computer.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:20:50 AM

Each wallet has advantages and also weaknesses of each. I think if you want mobility then online wallet is the best choice and if you want a wallet that has a high level of security and you do not do too many bitcoin transactions then offline wallet is the main choice.
thend1949

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:40:41 AM

Offline and Online wallet of bitcoin work best. Each of them has advantages and disadvantages. So I prefer to use them both If I have big bitcoin. I will divided into two equal parts and Put them in Online And Offline wallet.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:51:20 AM

Offline and Online wallet of bitcoin work best. Each of them has advantages and disadvantages. So I prefer to use them both If I have big bitcoin. I will divided into two equal parts and Put them in Online And Offline wallet.
I only used offline wallets for storing and the left that was about 10% is just for online wallets because i only use bitcoin for trading and that 10% is my capital and the only amount of money that i can afford to lose and the rest is for long term holding which is i want to grow into millions and to be able to buy the things that i want.
skyline247

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:56:25 AM

Personally, I highly recommend going with an offline, paper wallet. This is the safest way that you can store Bitcoins, and essentially the same as cash. It is quite cool how a piece of paper can be made into cash... almost like printing money!
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:24:30 AM

There is a big difference in this or that purse. It seems to me that if you have an offline Bitcoin wallet then it requires a minimum amount of memory and a strong technique. It seems to me that if there is a site with a purse it will be much easier and more profitable.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 12:43:11 PM

I think it is the best or better to use offline wallet because you can easily manage your wallet and assets without consulting or needing an internet connection. Also you may avoid the contact into hackers because you only have the access to your offline wallet and can't they be able to get in touch with it because you are not doing your transactions and saving online.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:36:17 PM

I think it is the best or better to use offline wallet because you can easily manage your wallet and assets without consulting or needing an internet connection. Also you may avoid the contact into hackers because you only have the access to your offline wallet and can't they be able to get in touch with it because you are not doing your transactions and saving online.

There shouldn't be any debate at all, offline wallets are ideal for long term Bitcoin investors or those who intend to hold them for a long time whereas online wallets are ideal for everyone especially those who live on their bitcoins and wp bf them on regular basis.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:54:59 PM

Yes I guess that's way better to say that it's a better idea to use both wallets. And I'm planning now to cut my bitcoins into half from both places and I want to try it out on how offline wallets are working well but it's better to have a laptop that is only for safekeeping.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
djtas bitbit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:21:10 PM

The best wallet for me is online wallet because you use it to pay your bills and shopping in online market. Also there are many people who use it and you can a sure that your bitcoin is totally safe and secure, and no one will try to stealth it.However, there are still people who use the offline wallet that you to install in your computer.

in my opinion the best wallet is an online wallet because it can be used to withdraw cash and could see the price movement of bitcoin directly, but if the purses offline cannot be used directly to make unsafe. I feel more secure and trusting with through online only.
canvan

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:38:55 PM

There shouldn't be any debate at all, offline wallets are ideal for long term Bitcoin investors or those who intend to hold them for a long time whereas online wallets are ideal for everyone especially those who live on their bitcoins and wp bf them on regular basis.

Yeah seems like a no brainer, anyone with significant amounts of bitcoin will likely have (or should have) both. Offline wallets give you the security but you can't move them around so its long term storage, whereas you need an online wallet for day to day transactions like purchases or moving to exchanges etc.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:19:51 PM

There are online wallets that are good for long term holding too as long as they are registered to the government and has physical office where everyone can claim if there is something wrong. The most important thing to an online wallet is you will always know that you don't hold private keys / seeds and that's the advantage of offline wallets.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:15:34 PM

Both th wallets have their pros and cons. For an online wallet the pros are you don't have to wait for weeks to sync your wallet , you don't need to secure your huge password key or anything. But the cons are sometimes wallets like coinbase controls your funds like they legit just make an excuse thag because of traffic their site is down during curcial moments and your funds can be stolen by the site or by hacking.
While for an offline wallet 'you can make it more secure than online' and in case of most online wallet in which fees is fixed in offline you can set the fees you want to pay but the same cons for online you still can be hacked if proper measures have not been taken and the wallet takes a lot of time to sync.
Anegg

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:22:40 PM

Online wallets which are wallets like coinjar, blockchain, Coinbase are wallets that are always online which makes it very easy to hack wallets like them. For online wallets though it is usually very convient and safe to store under one Bitcoin there. For example I use coinjar as my spending wallet since it.is very convenient and since I only have less than one Bitcoin there.

For offline wallets they are more safe, since people can't hack you unless your using the wallet. And also if a hard fork comes, there is no guarantee that the money you have on an online wallet will still be there after the hard fork. For offline wallets though, that just doesn't apply to you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: