Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:33:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16570 times)
rickyleatham

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Get your share of the future

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:58:54 PM

each wallet has their all advantages and disadvantages, so depends on situation we will use different kind of wallet. we use online wallet when we never keep it too long in our wallet but use it for investment or trading but they less secure and can be hacked by bad guys, offline is very safe, without they private key, we can hardly open the wallet, but it does not use internet so it inconvinient when we need to use it.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TherneR7

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:20:50 PM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?

offline is better but for me i need to send bitcoin many times when be out of house so that use online one with IP blocking
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:22:32 PM

Entirely depends on its usage . That's quite obvious that without any doubt offline wallets are the best among all .
But sometimes the usage factor can also be considered for determining the best option . If the user has a large sum of bitcoin that better keep it safe in offline wallet which is not easily accessible . If you are indulged in a lot of trading on daily basis then keeping it in your online wallets is highly recommended .
But try to keep less amount of bitcoin spreaded in different online wallets . That will decrease the chances of theft .
MFY151

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:26:55 PM

I prefer online wallets since I'm always on the move with my regular job and somehow monitoring my accounts and investments has become quite ecstatic and addicting for me I can't help but monitor the market and trade different alt coins from time to time like playing a game or something so I never actually used an offline wallet.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:38:04 PM

I think online wallets is much better than offline wallet, because offline wallet is more risk, when it affected by a virus you will not be able to open it anymore because it affect your system. So its better to use online wallet because its safe. Online wallet is more safe and most of people using online wallet because you can open it anywhere,wherever you are as long as there is an internet connection, and we don't need to worry anymore if we uses online wallet.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:15:38 PM

Actually, Online wallets are very useful because you are able to send your money on any address in any moment you want however the safety is pretty low. You can just get logged on it from any place at the world, still it depends on the security of your own computer and data. I prefer to use offline wallets for the Btc i want to store for a longer time because im one hundred percent sure there is no chance im going to lose them: unless i will give the private key and the address to some guy, which is not going to happen Smiley
Yes, I also have the same opinion with you. Bitcoin wallet online is only convenient when it comes to fast transactions, less work, and in terms of security, it does not seem to be appreciated. Online wallets are always at risk of being compromised and stolen because on the internet environment, we do not know what's ahead, and we can get virus at any time. I only use offline wallet, I can also use it everywhere just have my private key and device. Although it still has some shortcomings, but in my opinion, offline wallet is better, less risk of being stolen unless the private key is revealed as you said.
mcgruntman

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:23:35 PM

Online, I use breadwallet. Offline, paper wallet and trezor.
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:28:36 PM

I think it will depend upon the usage.
If you your coins to be safe for a long term investment then better use offline wallets.
But if you are engaged in daily activity that concerns frequent withdrawal and deposits then better use online wallets.  But whenever a substantial amount of coins is already present then it is better to transfer it immidiately to offline ones.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:38:07 AM

It depends on you. I choose offline wallet but I have also two of them. Sometimes it is good for you to have online wallet. If you are worried about security, offline wallet is better than online wallet.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:41:08 PM

There are different kinds of crypto wallets available in the crypto market, offline wallets are much safer than online wallets sometimes exchanges acts as online wallets and one should always keep in mind to never store bitcoins in exchanges as there is high chances for you to lose bitcoins from exchanges. Online wallets are connected to the Internet so there are high chances for losing bitcoins while storing in online wallet or hot wallets by hackers. Offline wallets are also called as cold storage as it is safe to store bitcoins which is not directly connected to the internet some of the offline wallets are desktop wallets, mobile wallets, paper wallets , hardware wallets such as Trezor, Ledger Nano S. You will have freedom of using bitcoins by offline wallets.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
jityap

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:46:29 PM

Both wallets are fine.offline wallets are very flexible and always easy to use.online wallets have some problems while lack of internet connection.i always prefer online wallets.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:57:53 PM

Both wallets are fine.offline wallets are very flexible and always easy to use.online wallets have some problems while lack of internet connection.i always prefer online wallets.
Your sentences just contradictory, offline wallets is not a convenience way to save your bitcoin if you always make transactions from outside your house, carrying it will need hard effort and have the risk of losing. Whereas online wallet offering all those convenience of spending outside your house but less security. That's the right comparation of benefits.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
amilla041184

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:42:15 PM

Your sentences just contradictory, offline wallets is not a convenience way to save your bitcoin if you always make transactions from outside your house, carrying it will need hard effort and have the risk of losing. Whereas online wallet offering all those convenience of spending outside your house but less security. That's the right comparation of benefits.

Thanks for your clarification, first statement is really confusing and would cause readers specially newbies who are here to learn more to be mislead. By the way Im using both kind of wallet offline wallets is for my my btc savings, intend to be hodl in long run while online wallets has fund that Im using in my day to day transsacations any excess earning is sent to other.
amaljinadasa

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:52:10 PM

Hardware wallets and paper wallets are more safe than online wallets

Dapallo

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:49:45 PM

It depends on you. I choose offline wallet but I have also two of them. Sometimes it is good for you to have online wallet. If you are worried about security, offline wallet is better than online wallet.

For me online is better, because with a wallet stealer they can scan your pc. If they find it they just will upload the files to the hacker. Thats why i use a online wallet but only blockchain.

I trust blockchain because a lot of people already are using it and even my friends are using it.

▲▼ No.1 Binary Options | dice ▲▼
████████████ sec◔nds trade ████████████
↑↓ Highest Reward x49 ↑↓
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:50:48 PM

As long as you don't know the private keys of your wallet, then you don't truly own those bitcoins. The thing is, online wallets can just lock your wallets and use your bitcoins since they have the private key while you don't. If ever they run away, then you have no other way of recovering your bitcoins.

When using offline wallets, you have the wallet seed and the private key of each wallet address that it contains. That's why it's recommended to use offline wallet when you want your coins to be secure or if you want to store your bitcoins and never have to worry about it getting hacked or something. The only way it's going to be used other than you is when somebody found your wallet seed. It's not going to be some notorious hacker since it was never connected to the Internet when you generated the wallet file and it stayed offline ever since.

There is another type of wallet which is basically a hybrid of the two. It's an online wallet that gives you the wallet's private keys. This opens you to two attack points. First one is having the account itself hacked, and the second one is having the private keys found. It's worse than the two.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Snakerotter

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:51:49 PM

What i think is that offline wallets are much saver(that depends on where you put your wallet ofcourse) but if you find a online wallet that is really save and is used by a lot of people then that is much saver because you can lose your wallet but not you pc.
Kizaki

Activity: 413

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:53:03 PM

Offline is very secured as you can access it even without using your internet. They are good for long term investments and there is no risk of blowing up making it disappear only your carelessness is. Online wallets is very good and efficient especially in mobile ones as you can use it everywhere but needs some connection. But for me, both is good and secured. It really depends on how you will use your coins. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
btcpepa04

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:57:16 PM

i think the offline wallet most secure than online
mifanmuzny

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:17:19 PM

I use electrum offline wallet its awesome and secured but for small transactions i use my hot wallet block-chain wallet android platform Cool Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: