Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:40:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16578 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:23:47 PM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?

they are about the same, if you take the proper security precautions.

let us divide this into "hosted wallets" and "non hosted" wallets. wallets arent connected to the internet per se, it is just that the internet is needed to broadcast a transaction. 
in this instance. since most of us trade at some point, it will be necessary to use a hosted wallet, such as an exchange. use it, and as soon as you are done, get your coins out of there and back to a wallet you have sole control over.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:33:49 PM

For long term storage, please use offline paper wallet or hardware wallets. Paper wallet must be carefully generated though.

For daily/ frequent use, you can consider one of the mobile wallet- after all you do not bring your computer with you everywhere. Try breadwallet.
we have the same views on what is better to use about keeping safe our funds offline paper wallet is the best and secured mode to store our coins,although i use too my online wallet for updating and for some personal matters.so to the OP hope this advice be enough for your concern
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:22:47 AM

I utilize online wallet. I am likewise sure that the security used by the wallet organizations are top notch. Offline wallet is much secure it resembles you have a cash vault in your own home. In any case, on the off chance that you are the one that is hacked, it could be challenging to secure your coins back.
rayazasheva

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:52:49 AM

Online wallet or wallet offline, it is very convenient with each of us when using wallet online
Online wallets are not risky or competitive on the market, and online wallets are risky
As for me, I choose wallet online Sad Sad Sad
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:41:36 AM

Still offline wallet the best. Hardware wallet have the resistance to protect from hacking data theft.
Web wallet has a lot to vulnerable, if the server running has constraints, even the possibility of only 0.1%, but it will interfere with our works. Web wallets have access stored on a 3rd party server, so there still possibility being hacks.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:54:24 AM

they are about the same, if you take the proper security precautions.

let us divide this into "hosted wallets" and "non hosted" wallets. wallets arent connected to the internet per se, it is just that the internet is needed to broadcast a transaction. 
in this instance. since most of us trade at some point, it will be necessary to use a hosted wallet, such as an exchange. use it, and as soon as you are done, get your coins out of there and back to a wallet you have sole control over.
I think offline wallet is much secure than online wallet but there are both good to secure your coin, maybe just secure your private key and dont tell to anybody your personal info. Therefore you can surely secure your saving coin and i suggest to you to be selective in wallet storage to put your coin.
plpatel

Activity: 260
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:56:33 AM

I prefer offline wallet over online wallet, though I often use online wallets. With offline wallets we can back up and keep our funds safe. However you have to always sync your offline wallet to have up-to date of your transaction. Whereas online wallets carry a risk of being hacked.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:03:36 PM

Though offline wallets are always in trend, but since I transact often I feel electrum is simply the best wallet that's available for newbies like me, it's not only is easy but simple to use and I like the fact that inside it only multiple wallets can be created no need to go anywhere and it's so light on memory to, so no issues to. Then I like the fact that if the fees are to high it tells me not to do any transaction, and recently when I transacted a decent amount it charged me a very low fee.
johnrickdalaygon

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:06:06 PM

For me Online wallet is the best, you can access your balance anywhere and anytime.
Dek!

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:06:17 PM

I prefer to use offline wallets, because more secure. But if you have high volume daily transactions online or mobile wallet good too with small amount you need for transactions.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:52:27 PM

In my humble opinion, i really don't care which wallet i use, i am more concerned about my security so that no one steals my bitcoins, so i will patronize the wallet that gives me the highest security so that i can protect my bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
chanchenjhun

Activity: 57
Merit: 43

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:19:06 PM

for me is offline wallet is the best because it is imposible to hack.
offline wallet is safe to scammer. and if you want to use your offlline btc wallet to
get perfect money just send to the bank and claim it and it is fast transaction than online wallet.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:59:00 PM

I prefer to use offline wallets, because more secure. But if you have high volume daily transactions online or mobile wallet good too with small amount you need for transactions.
It depends on your habits using in Bitcoin for daily.
Example you always need to trading Bitcoin every day.
But, you are holding Bitcoin in private key and offline wallet, it makes you more difficult to trading Bitcoin as hold it in wallet of exchange.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:41:28 PM

It depends on your habits using in Bitcoin for daily.
Example you always need to trading Bitcoin every day.
But, you are holding Bitcoin in private key and offline wallet, it makes you more difficult to trading Bitcoin as hold it in wallet of exchange.

I totally agree. Your choice of which wallet to use should depend on your lifestyle and nature of business. As for me, I chose both because sometimes I do cloud mining to which online wallet is more of use. Also, I have offline businesses that require an offline wallet for it to run smoothly. Simply put, the answer is: it entirely depends on your discretion. But, if with such, you have to consider the risks that come along with it. Say, security reasons, efficiency, time value of money, among others. 
Famnant

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:42:51 PM

I would say that Offline wallets are better but it really depends on you, if you have a lot of bitcoins and you are planing about holding them, then OffLine Wallets are better and more secure , but if you do a lot of transactions with your bitcoins like trading and so on, then of course Online wallets are more efficient in this case.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:16:59 PM

Are offline wallets referred to Ledger Nano? Just like that? Well, if that's it then it is more reliable because you are probably the owner of your own bitcoins. Nobody or no governance will happen. ONLY YOUR GOVERNANCE.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:37:41 PM

IMO Offline wallet is better than Online wallet cause with Offline wallet we can totally control our amount of Bitcoin when we can control our own wallet private key. But with online wallet we can't control the private key so if the wallet website down we will lose all our Bitcoin.

strocifer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:56:12 PM

Hardware wallet will increase your security, but it will be more cumbersome to trade with.
Don't forget to note your crypto address somewhere else
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:40:32 AM

Based on my experience, i will prefer offline wallets because they are safe and it is not that risky because you are storing your bitcoins on wallets offline and you only need to secure them from the thieves out there in your place but rather than that like hackers, you don't need to worry because it works offline and it is very easy to use.
Your absolutely correct. Offline wallet is much better and secure rather than to online wallet. So i prefer to save my digital assets in an offline wallet because thieves or the hacker cannot steal it because it is not connected to the internet. Storing all your digital currency to your online wallet has a big risk, it is not wise since it is connected to the internet, it is vulnerable to attack by the hacker.
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:53:21 PM

It is more convenient for everybody if all system are in offline. Therefore even if there is no internet connection they have access in the whole information;
since there are lots of cities that are not well develop and not well structure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: