Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:36:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should random jackpot blocks be added , as found in : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg40891040#msg40891040 ?
YES
NO
Yes, but the probabilities and or multipliers must be changed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Las Vegas coin. Masternode cost only $250!! Only 400,000 coins total!  (Read 78861 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Why your wallet eat so much CPU resources? Can you optimize it?
It looks like it is doing some kind of hidden POW mining for somebody...

On my pc , the wallet takes 1-2% cpu power. Is anyone else having high cpu usage with this wallet?
Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
New2Crypto2018

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:41:11 PM

Yes I understand how that works, but back to back updates is totally on you, you said you sent an update which is what caused them to go into maintenance lastw eek, and they are still in maintenance.. then you send another update, and now they will continue to remain in maintenance, which is stopping me from sending out my VGS. This issue is solely caused by you and too many updates too close together.. The last update wasn't even needed from what I can tell, as it just messed shit up worse.. Are you the only one who works on this project??
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:05:14 PM

Yes I understand how that works, but back to back updates is totally on you, you said you sent an update which is what caused them to go into maintenance lastw eek, and they are still in maintenance.. then you send another update, and now they will continue to remain in maintenance, which is stopping me from sending out my VGS. This issue is solely caused by you and too many updates too close together.. The last update wasn't even needed from what I can tell, as it just messed shit up worse.. Are you the only one who works on this project??

The previous update , there was an error. The protocol was not incremented. I have already sent the latest wallet to the exchange. I also have them on slack chat, and will contact them there also. So, it wont be long before the wallet is working at the exchange again.
Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
New2Crypto2018

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:08:07 PM

there is also an issue in the latest update as well if I am not mistaken..
tkari

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:44:52 PM

On my pc , the wallet takes 1-2% cpu power. Is anyone else having high cpu usage with this wallet?
Vegas

<1% on my windows box.

dennislevy

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:23:20 AM

Dennis,

The extra files in the Windows zip are the headless version of the wallet or daemon (lasvegascoind) and a other files '-tx' and '-cli' are utilities to use with the daemon.
You can safely delete them if you do not wish to use the headless version of the wallet.

I helped out VegusGuy and LasVegasCoin project by getting this fix out as quickly as I could, but unfortunately I did not have the time to review the code of changes made by others before this.

I do hope the developer Vegas has will continue to work on the wallet fixes.

Thanks, MM
I will delete the other files, since have no idea on how to use them.
Will keep the qt.exe file.

Peace, Dennis

midnight_miner

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 02:29:52 AM

i dont do any kind of mining
i run just POS

thx that u let me take part at the new 5 VGS POW rewards too

how many time i have to explain this engine is not suited for POW/POS hybrid operation

@cryptonit I do not know the whole story behind the new swap and I can guess that you probably don't know the whole story either.  But, I am going to assume that a coders/programmers/developers involved up to this point, were able to convince VegasGuy that it was possible to convert the FLY Coin to the newer PIVX platform.

Just as there are many scam coins out there, there are people that think they are able to code (or clone) Crypto wallets and rebrand them under another name.  I am not pointing any fingers and incriminating anyone.  If you look at the root cause and reason for the change, I believe Vegas was looking for a fresh start to keep a great idea going.  However, when you rely on others to help you, there is always the chance that the others are not into the project for the same reasons.

You have to admit that VegasGuy is committed to the cause of open source community contributed crypto-currency.  I can't say that he is making the money that scam ICO people are, ripping people off in the Millions in this new technology, but VegasGuy is really attempting to honestly build a community and a coin that will out live the scams that proliferate this industry.

You, yourself are part of a group of people that have been successful in building a community of not only coins but people dedicated to the future of crypto-currency.  Maybe you have been lucky in doing things the right way at the right time to have the community support that you enjoy now, but not all project grow so easily.  And sometimes, people must learn through personality adjustments how to properly grow the community they wish to attract.

I will conclude with saying, maybe not be so harsh to criticize and there is always an opportunity to help by contributing to a common goal that will help both the LasVegasCoin and the community of coins you are involved with.

- Midnight Miner

New2Crypto2018

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:30:54 PM

So the latest wallet just hangs on 'Syncing with Masternodes" Didn't know VGS had masternodes... This project needs some real Dev's who can actually keep the project moving... What the Hell...

Oh, The Exchange is still in Maintenance... :/
New2Crypto2018

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:36:17 PM

Anyone else able to sync past Block 20436?? Or is this shit broke again??
winmon

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:41:02 PM

I am sync'd at 20450 right now....
I don't know if this will solve your problem, but you might try just closing and then restarting the wallet......
that's worked for me many times in the past, on several wallets that seem to simply "stop" syncing....

Good luck!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:16:01 PM

i dont do any kind of mining
i run just POS

thx that u let me take part at the new 5 VGS POW rewards too

how many time i have to explain this engine is not suited for POW/POS hybrid operation

@cryptonit I do not know the whole story behind the new swap and I can guess that you probably don't know the whole story either.  But, I am going to assume that a coders/programmers/developers involved up to this point, were able to convince VegasGuy that it was possible to convert the FLY Coin to the newer PIVX platform.

Just as there are many scam coins out there, there are people that think they are able to code (or clone) Crypto wallets and rebrand them under another name.  I am not pointing any fingers and incriminating anyone.  If you look at the root cause and reason for the change, I believe Vegas was looking for a fresh start to keep a great idea going.  However, when you rely on others to help you, there is always the chance that the others are not into the project for the same reasons.

You have to admit that VegasGuy is committed to the cause of open source community contributed crypto-currency.  I can't say that he is making the money that scam ICO people are, ripping people off in the Millions in this new technology, but VegasGuy is really attempting to honestly build a community and a coin that will out live the scams that proliferate this industry.

You, yourself are part of a group of people that have been successful in building a community of not only coins but people dedicated to the future of crypto-currency.  Maybe you have been lucky in doing things the right way at the right time to have the community support that you enjoy now, but not all project grow so easily.  And sometimes, people must learn through personality adjustments how to properly grow the community they wish to attract.

I will conclude with saying, maybe not be so harsh to criticize and there is always an opportunity to help by contributing to a common goal that will help both the LasVegasCoin and the community of coins you are involved with.

- Midnight Miner

Guys Im going to lay it out on the line. Nobody cares about this project more than me. Its basically a full time job to manage everything. I do have help. But not all of my help has the time to devote to it. Las Vegas coin  is a long term project, and I can promise you , I will do my absolute best to make it a success. I check this thread multiple times a day and address any concerns the users have. I have over 5000 posts on this forum, and 99% of them are about my project. THAT is true commitment. I will NOT abandon you, or ignore you, or leave you as a bag holder. I will keep pushing forward with constant development. I make the best choices I can based on my experience. I know what is on the "to do" lists at all times. As another user pointed out, I cannot release too many updates too fast, as then confusion sets in. The next release will be the masternodes fix, then I will have a few coders look over the code and decide whats best for pow, keep it or leave it. After that comes the mobile wallets. So I have a TON of work ahead of me, and I am glad to do it for us.

Thank you all.

Vegas

New2Crypto2018

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:32:07 PM

Any word from the exchange Oh Great One?
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:23:52 PM

Any word from the exchange Oh Great One?

I see your new, so I will gladly answer your questions. When a wallet is sent to the exchange, they put the coin in maintenance mode. Then we wait. I cannot tell you when they will update the wallet. Could be today, tomorrow, next week. I would contact them on their slack channel and ask them.  This is normal activity for every exchange, so I dont understand the reason for the sarcasm.

Vegas

New2Crypto2018

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:51:25 PM

well it has been over a week, which seems pretty extreme. I would expect you as the Dev to be in contact with them to help sort out any issues they may be having, as the process doesn't take a week to accomplish..
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:23:35 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 12:03:03 PM by BTC-BTC-BTC

well it has been over a week, which seems pretty extreme. I would expect you as the Dev to be in contact with them to help sort out any issues they may be having, as the process doesn't take a week to accomplish..

Is very unfortunately happened not the way it was planned. Definitely need some time to straight out everything. And it's readily upto the exchange to update their wallet. Just keep contracting them and file support tickets should speed up the process.

Edit. The amount of time and effort. There is no way he wants do anything to damge his project.

I got one 4.99 reward from POS and now POS back to .499 on the last two rewards.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:28:05 PM

Vegas

<1% on my windows box.
It takes ~25% on my i5-6400 windows 10.
All settings are default. I only added nodes from https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/VGS to lasvegascoin.conf.
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:52:59 PM

Vegas

<1% on my windows box.
It takes ~25% on my i5-6400 windows 10.
All settings are default. I only added nodes from https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/VGS to lasvegascoin.conf.

OK the windows build is 32 bit. We will look into a 64bit version, that should help.

Vegas

notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:04:20 PM

Since their isn't a staking weight. Maybe that would explain why when you hover over the green staking icon the it doesn't display your next estimated staking time. Would their be another method for me to check when my 9 coins will receive their first stake if the wallet has been on for 48 hours?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 11:57:32 PM

As another user pointed out, I cannot release too many updates too fast, as then confusion sets in. The next release will be the masternodes fix, then I will have a few coders look over the code and decide whats best for pow, keep it or leave it.

this is a good plan!

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Bitcoin-2018

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:36:44 PM

Any update on when the block exporer will come back online?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: