Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:42:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 253384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
unvoid

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:19:22 PM

@ Unvoid, when you are ready, could you put a countdown ( like 12 hour countdown ). It will show us organized and will add to the excitement the crypto world has about XEL's arrival. Thank you !

I'll do. Don't know if this countdown will be 48, 34, 24 or X but I'll create one.

BTC: 1CMgHWx4wkAaAy2FfeCyPdedUExmhGhfi5
XEL: XEL-HCM8-KB6E-YFLK-8BWMF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:39:26 PM

again a cointelegraph news about supercomputer without mentioning Elastic... but interviewing SOMN Project.

guess if this is a paid news

https://cointelegraph.com/news/decentralized-supercomputers-marketing-ploy-or-future-global-os

unfortunately sonm and others have big pockets for marketing
by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 11:18:30 PM

#What's New On Website#
- newsletter added
- style revised

Newsletter is ready on website.
Don't forget to subscribe our newsletter.

(I used mailchimp for newsletter management but It's limited for free with max 2000 users)

signature not found.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:40:12 AM

One question, is there XEL for sale? because there is a forum for selling XEL, and if so, how did they got XEL? I'm new here and I'm interested in this project, so can anyone help me?
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:21:07 AM

One question, is there XEL for sale? because there is a forum for selling XEL, and if so, how did they got XEL? I'm new here and I'm interested in this project, so can anyone help me?

There's no safe way to buy/sell. It should hit an exchange once litewallet launches soon.

No one holds any XEL yet, but they know the amount they'll have. Donators will claim their XEL by signing the private key they made the BTC donation with. So, they could sell you access their private key. However, you'd have to trust they wouldn't still use it after "giving" it to you. IMO, you'd be inviting in the opportunity to be scammed. Just wait.

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:30:02 AM

Investor waiting for Elastic .  Grin

That person probably died from a vacant cranial cavity (tiny brain) rather than waiting for the following reasons:
A) There where no investors but rather people who sent donations
B) The progression this project has shown thus far is impressive and is by far superior to other comparable projects.
C) Dumb money will always give dumb remarks/excuses/accusations/complaints

If you did participate in the donation phase, feel yourself privileged and lucky.

Alright I'm not complaining about having to wait, but I do want to point out the deal with the "donation". The whole "donation" phrasing came into effect midway through the ico. When I invested into XEL, there was nothing indicating my investment was a donation. Donation disclaimers and country restrictions, among other legal jargon, was not implemented at the start of the sale, when myself, as well as many others, invested their coins.

Donation, from my point of view, is a term that got thrown around to protect the creator who went Mia shortly later.
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:39:07 AM

Alright I'm not complaining about having to wait, but I do want to point out the deal with the "donation". The whole "donation" phrasing came into effect midway through the ico. When I invested into XEL, there was nothing indicating my investment was a donation. Donation disclaimers and country restrictions, among other legal jargon, was not implemented at the start of the sale, when myself, as well as many others, invested their coins.

Same thing happened to me. I invested in XEL before the whole "donation" disclaimers were added to the site.

Donation, from my point of view, is a term that got thrown around to protect the creator who went Mia shortly later.

I agree.

This is why I sold my XELs already, because it is just an investment that I had written-off a long time ago. (Pretty happy with the return.)
I'm probably going to buy some when it hits the exchanges though.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:43:33 AM

Same thing happened to me. I invested in XEL before the whole "donation" disclaimers were added to the site.

I agree.

This is why I sold my XELs already, because it is just an investment that I had written-off a long time ago. (Pretty happy with the return.)

Plz. everybody. stop circling in the loop.

we get more than what we "invest" or "donate" whatever you call it.

EK spend his invaluable time in this project.

this wording argument is worthless now.   we true believer get 100X more from our penny "investment" or "donation"

I am f**king tired of this discussion at this wonderful time. 
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:51:28 AM

this wording argument is worthless now.   we true believer get 100X more from our penny "investment" or "donation"

I'm not arguing. Just pointing out facts.
I'm a happy donator.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:50:46 AM

I agree.

this wording argument is worthless now.   we true believer get 100X more from our penny "investment" or "donation"

Alright, chill. I'm very grateful for everything EK and the rest of the contributors have done to get this project to where it is now. I understand we are all very lucky that EK took Elastic under his wing, rather than allow it to wither into oblivion. I'm merely pointing out (because the argument gets thrown around time and time again) that many of us did not donate to this project, we invested with the assumption that there would be some return on investment.
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:05:25 AM

but believer 100x  is not enough , believer need 1000x  10000x 1000000x ........  so far ,example btc eth and other project

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:29:24 AM

I agree.

this wording argument is worthless now.   we true believer get 100X more from our penny "investment" or "donation"

I agree 100%. Such a useless distraction. This is an awesome time to :

1) Go on Twitter, YouTube, ..... and let people know about XEL
2) Contact some exchanges ( I know IOTA OTC might convince us that we don't need exchanges, but eventually we do.
3) Read about XEL on our website, so you can explain the concept in better terms than " XEL is better than Golem"
4) Welcome newcomers ! Please stop the " Sarcasm " from your answers. It ticks people off. Don't forget they have other choices to go for. Please professionally and courteously answer the questions .
5) Work on the " XEL Foundation ". It is crucial for the continuation of this revolutionary concept. Don't be greedy. No force donation, but open your hearts ( and wallets).

Thank you all for reading.

Ben

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:33:57 AM

gonna take some time to read thru thread and site, but can anyone tell me where i can buy this?  cant find it on CMC.. was there an ICO?

thanks
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:36:23 AM

gonna take some time to read thru thread and site, but can anyone tell me where i can buy this?  cant find it on CMC.. was there an ICO?

thanks
please wait for Mainnet ( very soon) then you can purchase XEL on OTC market first then exchanges.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:31:22 AM

Hi Jeff,

I tried to reconstruct everything and found out that on 9 Mar 2016 there already was a donation phrase on the website back then. Most likely (I am not sure, but I really believe) that the transition occured somewhere around 24 February 2016, so I guess the donation disclaimer was not read by people that came before 24th of February.

That would make a total of around 29 BTC affected. What does the community suggest here? Reading all these complaints over and over again here, what would be the community's preferred way to democratically handle it? I personally am pissed off by this discussion, If I would be the one to decide (which I am clearly not) I would somehow come up with 29 BTC, send them back and just erase the associated XEL once for all!

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:44:38 AM

Hi Jeff,

I tried to reconstruct everything and found out that on 9 Mar 2016 there already was a donation phrase on the website back then. Most likely (I am not sure, but I really believe) that the transition occured somewhere around 24 February 2016, so I guess the donation disclaimer was not read by people that came before 24th of February.

That would make a total of around 29 BTC affected. What does the community suggest here? Reading all these complaints over and over again here, what would be the community's preferred way to democratically handle it? I personally am pissed off by this discussion, If I would be the one to decide (which I am clearly not) I would somehow come up with 29 BTC, send them back and just erase the associated XEL once for all!

send back to those complain with disclaimers. but some ppl are not complaining at all.

then some workload again for you.

if it is possible, i can buy all the XEL from ppl have grudge over "donation" disclaimers.

Plz. all of them.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:49:06 AM

send back to those complain with disclaimers. but some ppl are not complaining at all.

I am not sending anything, I own 0.004 BTC. Besides, I am not the one to manage anything - I will never manage any funds, never manage any contracts that might be there or not, and never manage any decisions. Actually, I don't want to have anything to do with anything else than coding. I am just thinking lound about possible ways to mute this talk.

I think I remember that in March '06 there was a refund period for those who did not see the "donation" word before. Maybe someone wants to put some time into this. Because, If my piss-off-meter goes just a bit higher, I will lose any fascination for this project.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:00:37 AM

if it is possible, i can buy all the XEL from ppl have grudge over "donation" disclaimers.

I think this might be it!
If I was you, I would just give them back what they donated (or lost or however they define it) and nothing more.

But this is something the community or someone else must organize.
teanick

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:05:07 AM

I am not sending anything, I own 0.004 BTC. Besides, I am not the one to manage anything - I will never manage any funds, never manage any contracts that might be there or not, and never manage any decisions. Actually, I don't want to have anything to do with anything else than coding. I am just thinking lound about possible ways to mute this talk.

I think I remember that in March '06 there was a refund period for those who did not see the "donation" word before. Maybe someone wants to put some time into this. Because, If my piss-off-meter goes just a bit higher, I will lose any fascination for this project.

Please, stay strong and i hope you don't lose your fascination to this project.
This project for almost a year under the radar, and still moving.
And now we almost in 1st step, litewallet/mainnet, many people expect from this project.
The more things we live, the greater the challenge.
Thank's EK and all others people for your effort to make this come true.

mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:06:51 AM

I'm sorry,  but I really fail to see the problem here.
It does not matter at all if someone sent funds under donation or investment pretense.
The reason it doesn't matter is that in both cases the person who sent funds recives something in return.
Mainnet is about to go live and the client is in good progression of development and coins are to be distributed.
Nobody has ANY justified reasons to complian here.
even those who see themselves as investors are getting exactly what they would get from any project they would invest in, nothing less.

EK,  you are sensitive to this type of talk but I think you should just ignore it. you will always have people complain in any project. doesn't matter what the specifics are.
with xel you see a supportive community and relatively little noise makers. let's not give them more attention than they deserve.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: