Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252961 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:10:30 AM

As the exchange discussion continues to grow, I just want to reiterate something....Elastic is not like other coins.  We are not (or at least should not be) marketing Elastic to the crypto community, our target user is University Faculty, Scientific Community, Researchers, Data Analyst, etc.

We are still a ways from being ready for them.  Behind the scenes we are working hard to finalize various parts of the design.  I just hope that the recent push to shove Elastic into the spotlight is not pre-mature...to me it is.

You're right. A good fit would probably be working with the QRL Project as I read before. They are targeting the same community as well.

Not familiar with QRL - do you have a website or bitcointalk link?

QRL is Quantum Resistant Ledger. Don't know much about them, but as far as I know, at the moment, they are just an Ethereum token and an idea. I think their name says a lot about their goals. Tried to find the ANN, but I am too lazy right now.

coralreefer, to your point:

I kinda agree, but since we are talking about exchanges and stuff: how are scientists supposed to aquire XEL? This is a question I ask myself for quite some time now; sending them to an exchange doesn't seem right ("first, go buy Bitcoin, then buy other coins with your Bitcoin, then send them to your wallet, that you installed, then submit the task…" riiiiiight).

What Eastic needs, and I'm sorry to say that, is some kind of central point, where people who want to use Elastic but don't want to bother with all that crypto stuff can go to and just use it. Ideally, all they would have to do is submit the job and send the amount needed in fiat money to someone who basically acts as a liason.
Or, alternatively, a place where they can stock up on XEL without the need to jump through hoops, such as buying BTC or the need to buy directly from miners.

I realize that I am talking about third party services here, but this could be make or break for the Elastic Network as a whole, that's why I mention it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:18:06 AM

As the exchange discussion continues to grow, I just want to reiterate something....Elastic is not like other coins.  We are not (or at least should not be) marketing Elastic to the crypto community, our target user is University Faculty, Scientific Community, Researchers, Data Analyst, etc.

We are still a ways from being ready for them.  Behind the scenes we are working hard to finalize various parts of the design.  I just hope that the recent push to shove Elastic into the spotlight is not pre-mature...to me it is.

You're right. A good fit would probably be working with the QRL Project as I read before. They are targeting the same community as well.

QRL is Quantum Resistant Ledger. Don't know much about them, but as far as I know, at the moment, they are just an Ethereum token and an idea. I think their name says a lot about their goals. Tried to find the ANN, but I am too lazy right now.

I kinda agree, but since we are talking about exchanges and stuff: how are scientists supposed to aquire XEL? This is a question I ask myself for quite some time now; sending them to an exchange doesn't seem right ("first, go buy Bitcoin, then buy other coins with your Bitcoin, then send them to your wallet, that you installed, then submit the task…" riiiiiight).

What Eastic needs, and I'm sorry to say that, is some kind of central point, where people who want to use Elastic but don't want to bother with all that crypto stuff can go to and just use it. Ideally, all they would have to do is submit the job and send the amount needed in fiat money to someone who basically acts as a liason.
Or, alternatively, a place where they can stock up on XEL without the need to jump through hoops, such as buying BTC or the need to buy directly from miners.

I realize that I am talking about third party services here, but this could be make or break for the Elastic Network as a whole, that's why I mention it.

Shapeshift could be an option. But the prices still need to be based off of exchanges, so exchanges are necessary (at some point). There's really no other way to get an accurate price.

dumple

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:40:25 AM

A fiat-elastic gateway is what is needed, dead simple to use.  Once the software is ready for commercial use that will be a useful service someone can build.

Good luck with that. There are so many laws regulating that, set forth by the banking industry. It will be hell to wade through all that red-tape and will probably cost a fortune.

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:40:33 AM

Communication with exchanges is the key.  This is a solid project.  There is no reason not to expect that poloniex or other big exchanges would not include XEL if there's enough community chatter about it.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:41:28 AM

Is there a way I can see the total % of XEL that is forging (for the whole network)?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:06:49 AM

There are many FIAT / Crypto exchanges which can be used as a gateway.  Building an elastic only fiat gateway might be easier to implement since it could be spun in a way that its strictly buying tokens for a decentralized computer vs. buying crypto currencies.  In this way someone might be able to circumvent the KYC regimes in most places.

Its simply an online purchase of tokenized cloud computing resources akin to amazon or ibm services.

But doesn't that mean that:

(a) the purchase of XEL becomes centralised and we end up with a centralised element in our decentralised system

(b) we still end up creating a centralised commercial business, if it doesn't get caught up in the crypto sphere

by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 11:44:03 AM

Since launch 36 hours ago a total of 153 deposits and withdrawals have been made so far on the XEL gateway at HEAT AE, the complete list is available at https://elasticfans.herokuapp.com. More than 200,000 XEL have been traded during this time and the trend is increasing.

why heatwallet bitcoin withdraw so slow like 24hr? What happen on there?
i tried to use with small amount heatexchange. I dont like this "BTC redemption (cashout) fee is 0.25%, minimum 0.001 BTC. Processing time 0-24 hours. "
I am waiting more than 16hr ... I can't see any tx ID yet

signature not found.
michaelwang33

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:52:36 AM

Guys i just saw rich list of xel. it says one wallet has 36million coins. surely that cant be right i thought biggest whale was 6million

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
by rallier
Legendary

just in case

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 11:59:37 AM

Guys i just saw rich list of xel. it says one wallet has 36million coins. surely that cant be right i thought biggest whale was 6million

hey mate, you are wrong, it is genesis account , Genesis account is redeem accont , 36m coin not redeemed yet. (max supply 100m. coin)
http://elasticexplorer.org/address/XEL-H22F-GBXY-4BXS-6S4VQ/
http://elasticexplorer.org/about/

signature not found.
michaelwang33

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:03:25 PM

hey mate, you are wrong, it is genesis account , Genesis account is redeem accont , 36m coin not redeemed yet. (max supply 100m. coin)

phew thanks mate that. 13 people with stashes over 1million two have 11million combined. will be interesting to see when they dump

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Redawn

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:12:32 PM

phew thanks mate that. 13 people with stashes over 1million two have 11million combined. will be interesting to see when they dump

That doesn't mean anything! Bitcoin and all other coins have wallets with great amount.
xtrusion

Activity: 513
Merit: 150

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:37:29 PM

Isn't there any other way for getting xel's than the heatwallet currently?
I already bought some of them via heatwallet but I would prefer any other market places
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:20:58 PM

Good luck with that. There are so many laws regulating that, set forth by the banking industry. It will be hell to wade through all that red-tape and will probably cost a fortune.

Exactly.  The gateway issue is one of the biggest issues holding back cryptocurrencies and there is no easy way of getting around it.  Anyone who does it without following the rules risks getting crushed by the full might of the US and other governments.  That is why we still have so few and they tend to be in locations which are less strict.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:21:55 PM

Stop spreading your scammy bullshit here.
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:18:54 PM

As the exchange discussion continues to grow, I just want to reiterate something....Elastic is not like other coins.  We are not (or at least should not be) marketing Elastic to the crypto community, our target user is University Faculty, Scientific Community, Researchers, Data Analyst, etc.

We are still a ways from being ready for them.  Behind the scenes we are working hard to finalize various parts of the design.  I just hope that the recent push to shove Elastic into the spotlight is not pre-mature...to me it is.

Shapeshift could be an option. But the prices still need to be based off of exchanges, so exchanges are necessary (at some point). There's really no other way to get an accurate price.

Wasn't waves working on a Fiat Crypto Gateway? I think when XEL is ready to real use, maybe there will be more Exchanges with direct Fiat Transfer.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
michaelwang33

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:38:49 PM

Stop spreading your scammy bullshit here.

you piece of shit, read the posts before you make motherfucking idiotic replies. another guy explained what it was damn your fucking insecure about your investment here lol stupid asshole

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
michaelwang33

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:40:34 PM

That doesn't mean anything! Bitcoin and all other coins have wallets with great amount.

bitcoin is more established now and so are others. xel is new in the game. plus bitcoin all saw mega dumps before they got really big investors now

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
by rallier
Legendary

just in case

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 02:50:53 PM

bitcoin is more established now and so are others. xel is new in the game. plus bitcoin all saw mega dumps before they got really big investors now

I gave escrow service a lot of people and I know just a few guys have at least 2-3 million XEL with this price, So already that bought XEL.

signature not found.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:54:06 PM

Can someone please administer some mod skills to tone down the foul language in the thread?
Conflicts/disagreements are fine as long as they are civil.
NWO1988

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:19:12 PM

I just bought some XEL on heat. I'm trying withdraw XEL from HEAT AE using the guide.

Which states:

Step 1E: Withdraw XEL from HEAT AE

Transfer the XEL asset (id 3413518603556647655) to the HEAT account 9911527222839566773, see the figure above.

Enter the amount you would like to transfer and in the message field type or copy in your XEL- address and nothing else.

Finally press SEND. After 20 confirmations on the HEAT blockchain, the XEL will be transfered to your account on the XEL blockchain.

So I click on transfer asset.

Recipient:  9911527222839566773

Asset:  XEL (3413518603556647655)

Amount:  0.05 (small amount to test transfer)

It tells me "no matches found" for recipient and asset, "no enough funds" for amount and I'm unable to click send.

Help please!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: