Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 08:19:02 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 199182 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ttookk

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:54:08 PM

(…) (whereas general computing tasks like rendering could be easily verified).

(…)

Rendering is a prime example of something which can't be easily verified. To verify that the miner/worker/whatevertherighttermis actually did the job completely and correctly, you have to check the whole file from front to end. This can't be done by the job author, because they have an interest to lie and keep their GNT, and it obviously can't be done by the worker. Having a third party, or rather multiple third parties check the file is the only option, which…

a) …raises security/privacy concerns, unless homomorphic encryption is used, but in that case, controllers would have to repeat the exact same computation, the worker did(see point c)),

b) …bodes the question why this particular instance should do its job correctly and not just give it a thumbs up, without closer looking, and

c) …eats up a giant portion of potential computing power, because you'd have to check the whole damn thing. This is why there is a reputation system in the first place.

I'm not saying this is not a viable way to go; unlike others, I'm not opposed to the idea of decentralized trust systems. It's just that Elastic is set up in a way which won't need a trust system, at the expense, that some tasks may not be viable (yet).

██   ██   ██   ██      ██   ██   ██   ██
██   ██   ██   █████████████████████████
██   ██   ██                          ██
██   ██   ██████████████████████████████
██   ██                               ██
████████████████████████████████████████
██                               ██   ██
██████████████████████████████   ██   ██
██                          ██   ██   ██
█████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██

HACKEN

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
coralreefer

Activity: 450

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:11:10 PM

I would suggest to simply renaming it to "Elastic".

The fact that we think about it "Light wallet" is because of historical reasons, and what we have now IS "Elastic" wallet on some early version.

As far as I know, the compute part will also be added to the same software (the wallet).

@EK, @coralreefer, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

I believe you are correct.  I too think just calling it "Elastic Wallet" is fine.
Stozhar1

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:21:42 PM

When Xel will trade on Bittrex?
ghoom2

Activity: 218

My old account was "Ghoom" (hacked) u=199247

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:24:11 PM

I would suggest to simply renaming it to "Elastic".

The fact that we think about it "Light wallet" is because of historical reasons, and what we have now IS "Elastic" wallet on some early version.

As far as I know, the compute part will also be added to the same software (the wallet).

@EK, @coralreefer, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

I believe you are correct.  I too think just calling it "Elastic Wallet" is fine.

"Elastic" is fine.

unvoid

Activity: 534

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:42:33 PM

If you somehow want to speed up Bittrex listing just join thier slack channel and ask when XEL will be listed:

Get invite: http://slack.bittrex.com/
Talk: https://bittrex.slack.com

They already know how to list XEL. I explained them "litewallet" problem and pointed them to our source code.

Source: https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/problem-with-exchanges-and-one-thing-that-we-fucked-up/556/15

BTC: 1CMgHWx4wkAaAy2FfeCyPdedUExmhGhfi5
XEL: XEL-HCM8-KB6E-YFLK-8BWMF
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:26:13 PM

If he lives in Germany its suicide to give 50% when holding bitcoins AKA crypto over a year has *ZERO* taxation

If you receive 1 BTC now at a price of 1000 EUR and you sell it in 2 years for 2000 EUR,
then you have pay 50% taxes on the 1000 EUR, the 1000 EUR in gains is tax free.

As far as i know it´s free after 1 year.

If you donated 1+ year ago for elastic and sell now e.g 100 elastic for 1btc (btc price = 2500€ for example) and hold the btc for e.g 2 weeks you have to pay taxes just only for the difference.  btc today/2500€ ; btc in 2 weeks/3000€  = pay taxes for 500€
By selling the btc instantly you have to pay nothing
lda1000

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:56:09 PM

If he lives in Germany its suicide to give 50% when holding bitcoins AKA crypto over a year has *ZERO* taxation

If you receive 1 BTC now at a price of 1000 EUR and you sell it in 2 years for 2000 EUR,

If you donated 1+ year ago for elastic and sell now e.g 100 elastic for 1btc (btc price = 2500€ for example) and hold the btc for e.g 2 weeks you have to pay taxes just only for the difference.  btc today/2500€ ; btc in 2 weeks/3000€  = pay taxes for 500€

Is there a limit?

(Sounds like I need to start learning German Wink )

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:13:55 PM

Is there a limit?

no limit
cryptodv

Activity: 630

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 09:25:10 PM

Is there a limit?

no limit

I'm going to apply for a dual-citizenship in Germany. Lol.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
dumple

Activity: 105

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:59:53 PM

Here are two options for dark backgrounds:
Thank you, I used this new logo at https://heatnodes.org It looks better.

Hi,
To list Elastic (XEL) on coinmarketcap.com, exchange must have a public API. It's possible with heatnodes.org?

Thanks
Yes, here it is: https://heatnodes.org/cmc_xel.php

At heatnodes.org we provide 100% transparency of all deposits and withdrawals into the HEAT Exchange. You can see from the chart at the following link that both deposits (increasing balance) and withdrawals (decreasing balance) have been made since launch yesterday: https://heatnodes.org/?ac=XEL-WESJ-3UCL-7UTC-894KZ&page_id=514

The Heat decentralized exchange is cool. Just needs some more volume/liquidity, especially on the buy side since it's most well-known to people on this forum thread (most likely sellers). I can't wait until decentralized exchanges are all that exist.

Just a suggestion: I am spending the most time watching this page https://heatnodes.org/?page_id=541. Would be cool if you could include the depth into the trading platform page in the future.

XEL-QZH9-XQX7-N8DN-CBKMN
coralreefer

Activity: 450

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:46:09 PM

As the exchange discussion continues to grow, I just want to reiterate something....Elastic is not like other coins.  We are not (or at least should not be) marketing Elastic to the crypto community, our target user is University Faculty, Scientific Community, Researchers, Data Analyst, etc.

We are still a ways from being ready for them.  Behind the scenes we are working hard to finalize various parts of the design.  I just hope that the recent push to shove Elastic into the spotlight is not pre-mature...to me it is.

Edit:  These target users probably have no idea what crypto coins are.  They expect the highest quality papers, communications, etc that are on par with the professionals they are used to working with.
cryptodv

Activity: 630

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 10:47:48 PM

As the exchange discussion continues to grow, I just want to reiterate something....Elastic is not like other coins.  We are not (or at least should not be) marketing Elastic to the crypto community, our target user is University Faculty, Scientific Community, Researchers, Data Analyst, etc.

We are still a ways from being ready for them.  Behind the scenes we are working hard to finalize various parts of the design.  I just hope that the recent push to shove Elastic into the spotlight is not pre-mature...to me it is.

You're right. A good fit would probably be working with the QRL Project as I read before. They are targeting the same community as well.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:57:09 PM

You're right. A good fit would probably be working with the QRL Project as I read before. They are targeting the same community as well.

Not familiar with QRL - do you have a website or bitcointalk link?

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

Check out my posts on Steemit.com if you like medical posts with occasional photography, art and the odd bit of crypto commentary:

https://steemit.com/@thecryptofiend
ttookk

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:10:30 AM

QRL is Quantum Resistant Ledger. Don't know much about them, but as far as I know, at the moment, they are just an Ethereum token and an idea. I think their name says a lot about their goals. Tried to find the ANN, but I am too lazy right now.

coralreefer, to your point:

I kinda agree, but since we are talking about exchanges and stuff: how are scientists supposed to aquire XEL? This is a question I ask myself for quite some time now; sending them to an exchange doesn't seem right ("first, go buy Bitcoin, then buy other coins with your Bitcoin, then send them to your wallet, that you installed, then submit the task…" riiiiiight).

What Eastic needs, and I'm sorry to say that, is some kind of central point, where people who want to use Elastic but don't want to bother with all that crypto stuff can go to and just use it. Ideally, all they would have to do is submit the job and send the amount needed in fiat money to someone who basically acts as a liason.
Or, alternatively, a place where they can stock up on XEL without the need to jump through hoops, such as buying BTC or the need to buy directly from miners.

I realize that I am talking about third party services here, but this could be make or break for the Elastic Network as a whole, that's why I mention it.

██   ██   ██   █████████████████████████
██   ██   ██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██   ██
█████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██

HACKEN

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______
dumple

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:18:06 AM

QRL is Quantum Resistant Ledger. Don't know much about them, but as far as I know, at the moment, they are just an Ethereum token and an idea. I think their name says a lot about their goals. Tried to find the ANN, but I am too lazy right now.

I kinda agree, but since we are talking about exchanges and stuff: how are scientists supposed to aquire XEL? This is a question I ask myself for quite some time now; sending them to an exchange doesn't seem right ("first, go buy Bitcoin, then buy other coins with your Bitcoin, then send them to your wallet, that you installed, then submit the task…" riiiiiight).

What Eastic needs, and I'm sorry to say that, is some kind of central point, where people who want to use Elastic but don't want to bother with all that crypto stuff can go to and just use it. Ideally, all they would have to do is submit the job and send the amount needed in fiat money to someone who basically acts as a liason.
Or, alternatively, a place where they can stock up on XEL without the need to jump through hoops, such as buying BTC or the need to buy directly from miners.

I realize that I am talking about third party services here, but this could be make or break for the Elastic Network as a whole, that's why I mention it.

Shapeshift could be an option. But the prices still need to be based off of exchanges, so exchanges are necessary (at some point). There's really no other way to get an accurate price.

XEL-QZH9-XQX7-N8DN-CBKMN
dumple

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:40:25 AM

A fiat-elastic gateway is what is needed, dead simple to use.  Once the software is ready for commercial use that will be a useful service someone can build.

Good luck with that. There are so many laws regulating that, set forth by the banking industry. It will be hell to wade through all that red-tape and will probably cost a fortune.

XEL-QZH9-XQX7-N8DN-CBKMN
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:40:33 AM

Communication with exchanges is the key.  This is a solid project.  There is no reason not to expect that poloniex or other big exchanges would not include XEL if there's enough community chatter about it.

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:41:28 AM

Is there a way I can see the total % of XEL that is forging (for the whole network)?

clivemy

Activity: 195

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:06:49 AM

There are many FIAT / Crypto exchanges which can be used as a gateway.  Building an elastic only fiat gateway might be easier to implement since it could be spun in a way that its strictly buying tokens for a decentralized computer vs. buying crypto currencies.  In this way someone might be able to circumvent the KYC regimes in most places.

Its simply an online purchase of tokenized cloud computing resources akin to amazon or ibm services.

But doesn't that mean that:

(a) the purchase of XEL becomes centralised and we end up with a centralised element in our decentralised system

(b) we still end up creating a centralised commercial business, if it doesn't get caught up in the crypto sphere

by rallier

Activity: 896

Paycoinex.com - Smart Solutions [ICO]

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 11:44:03 AM

Since launch 36 hours ago a total of 153 deposits and withdrawals have been made so far on the XEL gateway at HEAT AE, the complete list is available at https://elasticfans.herokuapp.com. More than 200,000 XEL have been traded during this time and the trend is increasing.

why heatwallet bitcoin withdraw so slow like 24hr? What happen on there?
i tried to use with small amount heatexchange. I dont like this "BTC redemption (cashout) fee is 0.25%, minimum 0.001 BTC. Processing time 0-24 hours. "
I am waiting more than 16hr ... I can't see any tx ID yet

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.