Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 180232 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rbdrbd (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:14:08 PM

Smart to create a self-moderated thread so you can remove all the scam accusations.

Anyway, enjoy your scamcoin Smiley

No, only to remove useless posts like this. This is as useless as me saying "BITBAR IS THE NEXT GOLD 2.0, BUY NOW!!!". No solid information. subSTRATA to his credit has put some information forth, and I've addressed it to the best of my ability. He did have some good points. Yes, there was a small premine that has been honestly addressed from what I can tell (bounty is available for the exchange), and the difficulty at launch is similar to other altcoins like Feathercoin.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:18:05 PM

It is less scam than some other altcoins but it is still a scam.

1. 60 blocks after the genesis block were premined
2. Difficulty for the first 735 blocks was so low that it can't even be shown on the explorer
3. For the premine period, 59.644201 BTB were generated in little less than 4 minutes
4. For the difficulty under 0.001 period excluding the premine period, 600.324139 BTB were created in little more than 20 minutes

http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/BitBar?hi=736&count=737

Addressed here.

Nice attempts at justifying the scam, but they won't work except with complete retards. It would be cool to see judge reaction on your saying "I killed the guy because
that other killed some other guy earlier and ended (seemingly) unpunished".

If you are going to criticize the difficulty at launch, then it's a larger issue with the launch of many/most altcoins (early adopter advantage). Why single bitbar out? The premine appears to be an honest mistake and the guy isn't profiting off of it.

Why set difficulty at 0 if the purpose of the bitbar is to be very rare and hard to get? Creator couldnt have been so naive  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:22:32 PM

Why set difficulty at 0 if the purpose of the bitbar is to be very rare and hard to get? Creator couldnt have been so naive  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Let's look at some other coins:

Feathercoin launched with difficulty 0
Terracoin launched with difficulty 1 (just as low as 0 in effect)
Chinacoin launched with difficulty 0
Novacoin launched with difficulty 0

etc

Are you seeing a pattern yet? Please stop trolling
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:23:51 PM

The difficulty for Feathercoin was also at 0 at launch. In fact several coins launched that way. 3 million Feathercoins were mined in the first day (there are currently 6.4 million FTC as of 5/5/13). 2 million PPCoins were mined in the first day. This makes BitBar's launch very similar to other launches of established coins with a trading market behind them.

So you KNEW the problem had occurred with other launches - so did nothing to fix it?

Smells more like a poor attempt at justifying an effective pre-mine than a genuine confession of ignorance/incompetence.

Here's how you should launch new coins:

1.  Announce the launch and provide downloadables at least a day before it gos live.
2.  Start off with a reasonable difficulty.

Not exactly hard to work out.  But of course then there'd be no pre-mine to sell off - which would defeat the whole object of starting a new coin I guess.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:26:15 PM

Why set difficulty at 0 if the purpose of the bitbar is to be very rare and hard to get? Creator couldnt have been so naive  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

etc

Now you mention it yeah - seems like ALL pump and dump coins start off with tiny difficulty and what amounts to a premine in practice.  Well spotted!
rbdrbd (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:29:37 PM

The difficulty for Feathercoin was also at 0 at launch. In fact several coins launched that way. 3 million Feathercoins were mined in the first day (there are currently 6.4 million FTC as of 5/5/13). 2 million PPCoins were mined in the first day. This makes BitBar's launch very similar to other launches of established coins with a trading market behind them.

So you KNEW the problem had occurred with other launches - so did nothing to fix it?

Smells more like a poor attempt at justifying an effective pre-mine than a genuine confession of ignorance/incompetence.

Here's how you should launch new coins:

1.  Announce the launch and provide downloadables at least a day before it gos live.
2.  Start off with a reasonable difficulty.

Not exactly hard to work out.  But of course then there'd be no pre-mine to sell off - which would defeat the whole object of starting a new coin I guess.

I agree with you there 100%. I did not launch the coin, however. We can put the evidence out there, and let the community and the larger market decide. I do like the BitBar concept a lot, and it has technicals and psychological aspects to it that the other recently launched coins did not have (which, may not be saying much..feathercoin/chinacoin would have never become what they are had human greed not been human greed. At least BitBar brings something new to the table).
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:31:28 PM

etc

Indeed. All scams.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:42:12 PM

etc

Indeed. All scams.

But no people posting scam every 2 minutes in those topics (apart from novacoin I admit).

I don't know. I'm not the coin creator, I'm not even a large holder of coins, I bought the ones I have not mined them. It's a solid concept and hasn't done much different in terms of launching from most other crypto coins.

Difficulty is still going up and up, and BTB have been selling today for over 1 bitcoin like yesterday... If the price drops a ton so be it, if it rises so be it... the free market will decide  Cool
rbdrbd (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:50:41 PM

etc

Indeed. All scams.

To many people that you ask, BitCoin itself is a scam. A bunch of geeks making money off of running software on their computers. I think what we are witnessing is the evolution of altcoins. BitBar I believe is a step forward from FeatherCoin/ChinaCoin/ByteCoin as it brings something new to the table. Not just a simple pump and dump clone.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:52:51 PM

etc

Indeed. All scams.

But no people posting scam every 2 minutes in those topics (apart from novacoin I admit).

I don't know. I'm not the coin creator, I'm not even a large holder of coins, I bought the ones I have not mined them. It's a solid concept and hasn't done much different in terms of launching from most other crypto coins.

Difficulty is still going up and up, and BTB have been selling today for over 1 bitcoin like yesterday... If the price drops a ton so be it, if it rises so be it... the free market will decide  Cool

Agreed. It's just a courtesy to people new to crypto-currencies to state our opinion int he thread so they investigate and make their own (informed) opinion. The name is just so similar that I can imagine it is really confusing to them.

Other then that: carry on.

Not just a simple pump and dump clone.

O, but it is.

mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:01:05 PM

Agreed. It's just a courtesy to people new to crypto-currencies to state our opinion int he thread so they investigate and make their own (informed) opinion. The name is just so similar that I can imagine it is really confusing to them.

Honestly I think you are just jealous and in disbelief at the high prices BitBars are being traded at. If you were honest with yourself inside you would admit that. There's no logical reason to spam FUD in BitBar threads when most other coins which launched the same way received no flak about these things.

The future price? Who knows. Speculators will continue to speculate, driven by supply and demand. BitBar could be a distant dream but eternally remembered for the high initial price, in 6 months time, or it could continue to make the haters hate  Cool

I'll let you guys have the last word, I have things to do! I'm just a guy who bought a few and loved the concept!
skyangel

Activity: 301
Merit: 260

FLO dev

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Anyone want to start a BTB lottery?

GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:02:13 AM

There's no point, one person already has all of them.
Invest0r

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:30:44 PM

P2Pool Support - Will be possible after block #9689 - See here for more information.

I'll be setting up a p2pool for bitbar.

Speculating..
CvRChameleon

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:35:56 PM

P2Pool Support - Will be possible after block #9689 - See here for more information.

I'll be setting up a p2pool for bitbar.

Where is the link :/

Minexcoin — A new era of payments  || ICO || DISCUSSION
jrlepage

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 02:44:06 PM

I've been having decent luck with the binarycoins.eu BTB pool, although it's a little slow going. I'm intrigued by this coin since people seem to be spending a great deal of btc (i.e., real money) on them.

That being said, I'm not sure if there will be room in the market for BTB and MNC, as they both seem to fit the bill of being "BTC but rarer."

I *do* think that if bitcoin becomes truly mainstream, there will be room for a more valuable version and a less valuable version. Say something like FTC/LTC trading at around $1 (ultimately), BTC sitting around $50-$100, and BTB/MNC sitting around $500-1000 or higher.

CvRChameleon

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:06:52 AM

Where is the BitBar block explorer?

Or is there none working atm?

relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:08:59 AM

http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

Seems to be down right now.
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:42:59 AM

Thanks for the thead, very helpful.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
CvRChameleon

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:48:16 AM

http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

Seems to be down right now.

Thanks, it was down earlier, so I thought the link was incorrect.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: