Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:56:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 180237 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
userpike

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 04:38:04 AM

Anyone know how to separate Bitbars in a wallet.dat? It seems that no matter what the amount I try to move I get the same error as before. ..and still it keeps charging tx fees.. Angry

I would like to somehow move only the coins I can use to a new wallet address or something.. Undecided

I'm glad to see BTB listed over @ cryptopia. This is the first time I've heard of them. From what I've seen so far, I like it.   ..and finally we can trade BTB again.. Grin

..now if i can just get the bars out I can use that would be great.

I sure am mining to a new address on a new wallet.dat now though.

Isolate your old address and copy it.

In the Console use the feature dumpprivkey (your address here)

You will receive a private key corresponding to that single address.

In your new wallet go to the console and use the feature importprivkey (your private key)

That address and the funds it hold will be transferred to your new wallet.

Repeat this process for any addresses that hold Bitbar.

Hope this helps & Good luck

Thanks for the info but will this work even though I have some BtB from 2 maybe 3 chains in the same wallet address? some mined from mastermining, some mined from H2C a long time ago before btb was taken off the pool the first time and some from Cryptsy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
userpike

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 04:41:33 AM

What errors are you getting ??

"Error. The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some coins in your wallet were already spent, such as you used a wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here."

Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:32:22 AM

"Error. The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some coins in your wallet were already spent, such as you used a wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here."
I have received that error several times.  sometimes just waiting a while and trying again helped.
Size is a problem too since mining makes many small transactions.
Sending just 10 BTB (of mined trans) is 7k
Larger blocks cost more, and 'seem' to be harder to send. I've had the same problems sending Emerald.

I made a new wallet on my laptop and am going to spend the next few days sending small amounts.

In case you were wondering, I even tried the older wallets, and it didn't help.
userpike

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 06:29:27 AM

I have received that error several times.  sometimes just waiting a while and trying again helped.
Size is a problem too since mining makes many small transactions.
Sending just 10 BTB (of mined trans) is 7k
Larger blocks cost more, and 'seem' to be harder to send. I've had the same problems sending Emerald.

I made a new wallet on my laptop and am going to spend the next few days sending small amounts.

In case you were wondering, I even tried the older wallets, and it didn't help.

OK I feel a little better now that i know i am not alone on that.  I don't get why it still charges a tx fee for a rejected tx.. Huh

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:18:31 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 07:25:03 PM by Spidersbox

OK I feel a little better now that i know i am not alone on that.  I don't get why it still charges a tx fee for a rejected tx.. Huh

it also took the transfer amount out of my balance. had to rescan.

I would do as lukemarshall suggested and dumpprivkey, exit the wallet program, rename the wallet.dat (wallet-old.dat works for me), start the wallet again to generate a new wallet, then importprivkey.
and wait an hour or so for the wallet to rescan for missing transactions on the 'new' address.

I was messing with it last night, and reduced the size of my wallet.dat file by 8K, and got rid of the studdering. haven't tried transfers yet
userpike

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 01:59:12 AM

OK I feel a little better now that i know i am not alone on that.  I don't get why it still charges a tx fee for a rejected tx.. Huh

I would do as lukemarshall suggested and dumpprivkey, exit the wallet program, rename the wallet.dat (wallet-old.dat works for me), start the wallet again to generate a new wallet, then importprivkey.
and wait an hour or so for the wallet to rescan for missing transactions on the 'new' address.

I was messing with it last night, and reduced the size of my wallet.dat file by 8K, and got rid of the studdering. haven't tried transfers yet

I just did the dump deal and now all my bars are on the new wallet.dat The file size dropped from 264KB to 216KB I noticed only the new receive address shows up in the receive coins tab. So does this mean all these bars are usable and I haven't lost any in another fork since they are all here???

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:48:18 AM

I just did the dump deal and now all my bars are on the new wallet.dat The file size dropped from 264KB to 216KB I noticed only the new receive address shows up in the receive coins tab. So does this mean all these bars are usable and I haven't lost any in another fork since they are all here???
All your bitbars should be spendable. The one's received while on the other chain have been marked as orphans because the tx information didn't match the chain you are on now. I find it strange your old address doesn't show on the receive tab.
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:27:52 AM

ok. so the accounts you imported should be in your address book. If you left click on it and pick edit, you can put in the old account name - that is if you named it in your old wallet.
When I renamed the account - it magically moved to my receive coins tab.
Isn't learning fun  Grin
userpike

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 08:08:16 AM

Good looking out with the address book. I had no idea.. I did shut the wallet down, restart it and the addresses showed up in the receive coins tab though. ..was in the process of posting the news but it made me review the thread because there was a new post before i hit the post button.

Thanks for the help!

You also lukemarshall.

lukemarshall

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:55:22 PM

Good looking out with the address book. I had no idea.. I did shut the wallet down, restart it and the addresses showed up in the receive coins tab though. ..was in the process of posting the news but it made me review the thread because there was a new post before i hit the post button.

Thanks for the help!

You also lukemarshall.

My pleasure.

Its all about what the people want...
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:06:39 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 08:36:19 PM by Spidersbox

here is a link for the windows Bitbar-qt wallet that has several added features: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1cnD3W8c0jtdGlxUFEySmZrbWM/view?usp=sharing

Added Wallet to the main menu, and moved the wallet related features into it, plus added check wallet and repair wallet.

Added coin control to the "Send coins" tab.
Now, in list mode, you can group smaller amounts together in one by sending them to yourself (or other addresses). The tx fee still applies.

The windows qt wallets are static complied, meaning you don't need all those dll's.
You can unzip the file and place the exe on your desktop and run it from there.

As always - backup, backup, backup   Smiley
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:08:11 PM

A few things to think about:
When using the coin control to combine your blocks, you will be making a new block.
It will take 30 days before the new block will start staking.

The Fee on the form is just an estimate.
I have several thousand transfers for 0.002829 (from my pool cut)
when I group 100 of these together, the transfer amount will be 0.2829 and the .0001 fee will not apply.

Bitbar charges more for smaller amounts, to help reduce dust - the fee for such a small amount starts at .001

Then there is a fee for larger size blocks. The block size was roughly ~14878 (14k) when I grouped 100 blocks together.
The total fee was .0015 BTB

If you keep the byte count below 10,000 your fee should be .001 for blocks under 1 BTB
userpike

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 01:21:59 AM

here is a link for the windows Bitbar-qt wallet that has several added features: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1cnD3W8c0jtdGlxUFEySmZrbWM/view?usp=sharing

Added Wallet to the main menu, and moved the wallet related features into it, plus added check wallet and repair wallet.

efing sick man!! I went in and looked at the coin control only to find that my bars had actually been put in one block already from that "rejected transaction" I was talking about I did on 12/21/15..weird but whatever, I don't have to wait 30 days to stake now. I am however having a sync issue...seems to be stuck at this time with 208 blocks to go.

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:01:05 AM

efing sick man!! I went in and looked at the coin control only to find that my bars had actually been put in one block already from that "rejected transaction" I was talking about I did on 12/21/15..weird but whatever, I don't have to wait 30 days to stake now. I am however having a sync issue...seems to be stuck at this time with 208 blocks to go.

there is a tree view, and a list mode. - check list mode that should show individual blocks.

Do the wallet repair and see what happens. I've had several failed attempts. The amount is taken - then it fails - but it doesn't put the amount back.
Wallet repair put it back for me.

I've been having a few problems connecting too. Also noticed the blockchain has been pausing a little.
userpike

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 05:21:52 AM

My connection count is 0 at this point. not sure what to do. We don't need a .CONF any longer I thought so I deleted mine when the new wallet came out. (ver. 4.3 less CC)

Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:53:47 AM

My connection count is 0 at this point. not sure what to do. We don't need a .CONF any longer I thought so I deleted mine when the new wallet came out. (ver. 4.3 less CC)
the wallet automatically connects to btb.altcointech.net and gets connections from there.
you can still use bitbar.conf
it might be a good idea anyway just in case there is network problems connecting to btb.altcointech.net

addnode=109.228.4.100
addnode=91.121.120218
addnode=162.255.117.105
addnode=172.127.121.113
Nick010885

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:26:53 PM

Having a few problem with BitBar on a nomp pool, when a block is found the wallet finds it and records the block perfectly but nomp doesnt record it in redis and so payments are just being kept in the configured wallet for the pool. Other coins work ok.

Spidersbox (need help again)  Smiley i remember you saying you had nomp setup privately, did you have to do anything to get it working properly?
Spidersbox
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:41:04 PM

Having a few problem with BitBar on a nomp pool, when a block is found the wallet finds it and records the block perfectly but nomp doesnt record it in redis and so payments are just being kept in the configured wallet for the pool. Other coins work ok.

Spidersbox (need help again)  Smiley i remember you saying you had nomp setup privately, did you have to do anything to get it working properly?
Nothing special.
Make sure you have the right user and password setup in the paymentProcessing and daemons area of the nomp/pools_config/bitbar.json (or whatever you named it)

oh, and double check the wallet address against what you have in the pools_config file ( bitbard getaddressesbyaccount "" )
userpike

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 05:37:58 AM

the wallet automatically connects to btb.altcointech.net and gets connections from there.

I think they forgot to pay some bills..

I do have connections now with those nodes.

userpike

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 05:57:59 AM

even with the new connects it hasn't begun syncing again

sitting @ 350 blocks remaining and 6 connections

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: