Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2017, 04:26:41 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 141590 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spidersbox

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:14:52 AM

What's so cool about Diamond? I thought about getting some but ya, haven't motivated myself.

Network hashrate is really down now on BTB, my hashpower is accounting for pretty close to half of the total. I will hit mad blocks tonight.

I think the price drop has deterred miners because of profitability.

Diamond has been holding it's value, and I can still make a few cents mining them with gpu's (Groestl - not scrypt), but I mentioned diamond because that's what I used for the coin control in the bitbar wallet.

BTB hash rate seems about 1/2 of yesterdays. Ispace is around 60 mh, I'm at 30 mh, and Cryptopia is at 90 mh. that totals to around 180 Mh/s and my wallet is reporting total network hash at 219 Mh/s

bitbar is now in the voting section of https://www.livecoin.net/voting/index?lang=en

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spidersbox

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:53:12 AM

so far - this is what I've got for the wallet:

It's hard to come up with a theme for 'Bitbar'

bitbar is now in the voting section of https://www.livecoin.net/voting/index?lang=en
userpike

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:32:00 AM

What's so cool about Diamond? I thought about getting some but ya, haven't motivated myself.

Network hashrate is really down now on BTB, my hashpower is accounting for pretty close to half of the total. I will hit mad blocks tonight.

I think the price drop has deterred miners because of profitability.

Diamond has been holding it's value, and I can still make a few cents mining them with gpu's (Groestl - not scrypt), but I mentioned diamond because that's what I used for the coin control in the bitbar wallet.

BTB hash rate seems about 1/2 of yesterdays. Ispace is around 60 mh, I'm at 30 mh, and Cryptopia is at 90 mh. that totals to around 180 Mh/s and my wallet is reporting total network hash at 219 Mh/s

I have about 88Mh on the network solo mining also, I see its down to 205 total now.
userpike

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:39:44 AM

so far - this is what I've got for the wallet:

It's hard to come up with a theme for 'Bitbar'

wow a theme, ya haven't even thought about that before now.

Liking the rounded edge buttons!
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 12:50:05 PM

BitBar is now listed on BTCPool.Exchange for trading

https://btcpool.exchange/Market?pair=BTB/BTC
Spidersbox

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:24:04 PM

Cryptopia block count is 158745
cryptocoinexplorer is 158443 - last block 541 minutes ago.
I can't get to Ispace - poloniex reported DoS attack yesterday - maybe Ispace today ??
I have one wallet in sync with cryptopia, and one in sync with cce.

my thoughts are to ask cce to sync to the cryptopia, they have 6 miners hashing 270 Mh

What are your thoughts ??

Spidersbox

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:27:00 PM

BitBar is now listed on BTCPool.Exchange for trading

https://btcpool.exchange/Market?pair=BTB/BTC
I have 10 bitbars up for grabs at btcpool.exchange (along with some caps)

note to BITDV - bitbar is pos also   Smiley

Spidersbox

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:25:09 PM

do to the recent fork, I've been looking into checkpoint services.
the Cryptopia bitbar pool has been going strong, and their hashrate has topped over 51% several times.  Good for them, bad for the rest of us.

I've emailed dreamwatcher to re-sync his node (and blockexplorer) to the chain that Cryptopia is on - the longer chain wins anyway , right ?!

I've got some more studying to do on checkpoints, but so far it looks like a fairly simple update to the source code, and a mandatory wallet update.
I don't know if a re-download of the blockchain will be required or not, I let you know later after I test it.

I don't have a time frame yet, as it's not an urgent matter, . . . .    I'm just getting tired of these stupid forks.   Sad

userpike

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:26:29 AM

the Cryptopia bitbar pool has been going strong, and their hashrate has topped over 51% several times.  Good for them, bad for the rest of us.

I've emailed dreamwatcher to re-sync his node (and blockexplorer) to the chain that Cryptopia is on - the longer chain wins anyway , right ?!

I've got some more studying to do on checkpoints, but so far it looks like a fairly simple update to the source code, and a mandatory wallet update.
I don't know if a re-download of the blockchain will be required or not, I let you know later after I test it.

I don't have a time frame yet, as it's not an urgent matter, . . . .    I'm just getting tired of these stupid forks.   Sad

It looks to me like ispace is on a 0.4.0 version of the wallet. They had some kind of hardware failure which was catastrophic and had to rebuild the whole pool without backups or something like that.  I see on CCE that there is a satoshi node in the list again also. I think if CCE can make it so to not allow any node to connect to them unless they are the correct one might prevent some of this. Also obviously ispace needs to use the newest wallet. I checked cryptopia against CCE like 5 seconds ago and they look to be in sync. Also H2C is in sync with the both of them CCE and Cryptopia

userpike

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:38:15 AM

So I think what had happened wuz...is ispace opened an old wallet with an old wallet .dat and it connected to CCE which messed things up. I can't explain the messed things up part.
Spidersbox

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:40:32 AM

It looks to me like ispace is on a 0.4.0 version of the wallet. They had some kind of hardware failure which was catastrophic and had to rebuild the whole pool without backups or something like that.  I see on CCE that there is a satoshi node in the list again also. I think if CCE can make it so to not allow any node to connect to them unless they are the correct one might prevent some of this. Also obviously ispace needs to use the newest wallet. I checked cryptopia against CCE like 5 seconds ago and they look to be in sync. Also H2C is in sync with the both of them CCE and Cryptopia
I've been it contact with Dreamwatcher, - hence the re-syncing - and he has been helpful with the information I need for the checkpoint server.

I could code it so the new updated wallet will not connect to an older wallet - but I don't like the idea of leaving clients - hanging
Sure, eventually they will start looking around to see what the problem is, but we don't have much of a community network to get the word out. I was hoping to build the community up a bit before cutting old wallets off.

Anyway, so far, the plan is to issue a new updated wallet with the checkpoint server coding.

Spidersbox

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:56:37 AM

So I think what had happened wuz...is ispace opened an old wallet with an old wallet .dat and it connected to CCE which messed things up. I can't explain the messed things up part.
I think it happened before ispace crashed. or not.
The old wallets still work fine with the current chain, it's just when they first start up, they try to bitcoin.biz which doesn't exist anymore.
They had a hard time joining the network - plus the error measage about the checkpoints being to old among other little things.

I noticed that while ispace was down, Cryptopia miners where at times getting over 50% of the total network hash rate - and that is bad - as it creates forks.

The mandatory wallet upgrade that's coming should (hopefully) eases these problems.

userpike

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:38:32 AM

As far as leaving people hanging, feathercoin recently had a mandatory wallet update and pushed out a message to all the old clients saying they need to update. you could probably copy and paste the code for that right into BTB, no?
Spidersbox

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:52:17 AM

As far as leaving people hanging, feathercoin recently had a mandatory wallet update and pushed out a message to all the old clients saying they need to update. you could probably copy and paste the code for that right into BTB, no?
As things are now, I can't send messages to any of the wallets.
That is one of the things that setting up the checkpoint server will enable me to do.
Kind of a "bite yourself in the ass" kind of circle.

rushmybitcoin

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:31:41 PM

So is this a coin swap for BTB or do we just have to download a new wallet?

.          ■■       Bitcoin proof of stakeXBC
.          ■■ XBC      xbc  xbc  xbc  xbc  xbc
..                  Transfer bitcoinplus Anywhere in the World with your BitcoinPlus wallet
rushmybitcoin

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:33:34 PM

Also any chance someone on here would want to take over Litebar? Bitbar devs should take it over imo. I would be willing to put $$$ towards that.

..                  Transfer bitcoinplus Anywhere in the World with your BitcoinPlus wallet
Spidersbox

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:03:20 AM

So is this a coin swap for BTB or do we just have to download a new wallet?
Once the new wallet is ready, all you have to do is download the new wallet.
There is a possibility that you may have to re-sync the blockchain, I don't positively know yet.

Spidersbox

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:04:59 AM

Also any chance someone on here would want to take over Litebar? Bitbar devs should take it over imo. I would be willing to put $$$ towards that.
One project at a time.  I might be interested, but let me deal with Bitbar for now.

rushmybitcoin

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:09:14 AM

Ok thx and thx. I will talk more about it with you down the road.

Spidersbox

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:06:45 AM

Ok thx and thx. I will talk more about it with you down the road.
So I've looked at litebar a bit, and I like it.
"Litebar, the silver to Bitbar's gold"  It's like Bitbar has a little brother  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.