Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Denarius [D] - First "Tribus" PoW/PoS Hybrid Masternodes, Ring Sigs  (Read 504228 times)
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 09:56:15 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 10:07:42 PM by aliashraf

I finished reading this whole thread from the OP to here and I found there is a lot of concern about the pre-mined coins and I have some ideas to share   Smiley

1- I do not understand and actually reject the idea behind premined coins, by any means. True devs do not need such tactics. Once you have a code base (forked or written from scratch, having new and brilliant ideas or not) and you have managed to create the genesis block and start a new blockchain, you and your team and the few people who share their hash power for the first days and weeks, all of you have a privilege  which is more than enough to gain huge benefits from your wise choice if it is wise at all.

2- IMO, the above argument is absolutely solid when we are dealing with a simple fork (switching the POW in this case is a simple fork yet).

3- Recently, a wiseman in a cryptocurrency conference said something like this:
In the cryptocurrency ecosystem we have scammers, these days. who are not aware of themselves being scammers.

It is so right about many ICOs and about the dude who have started this thread and this coin ... he is an unconscious scammer (no offense) and it is because of the pre-mined coins he holds and his ignorance about the paradox he has created: If you believe in your  coin to become a "peer-to-peer payment system" which is to function like USD, each coin should eventually worth millions of dollars, so how in the hell you can justify holding the coins that their future value is going to exceed trillions of dollars, in exchange of some tweaks in the bitcoin code base?! And if you are not a believer, why do you initiated it all?

@Carsen argues like "I'm full time on this project", "everybody does the same" , or "CEOs  keep more shares" , blah, blah ... very bad excuses for a very bad decision.

But it is done this way and I'm not trying to be destructive, I have a proposal to fix everything:

90% The pre-mined coins should be locked right now, forever, at least, it includes what he claims have already spent.

Buying back the spent coins may be somewhat hard, so, just manage for a hard fork, increase the block reward and the total coins ceiling by multiplying them to 10 ( don't panic, nothing ever changes) ... you have power here for a short time, use it and clean your mess, and for the god sake go get some education and insight about the playground you have chosen ... it is not a race between ill-minded people who invent imaginary, fake shits, it is crypto-currency and is gonna make spce elevators and flying cars besides fixing global warming and poverty and drought. Take care!

Bitcoiner12

Activity: 93
Merit: 94

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:06:33 PM

i think this coin is awesome! i wil make 20-100 times my investment  on this. It is the fastest coin out there that i am aware of. pre mining is the reward the owners/developers get. how else do they benefit if they develop a crypto. in this case it is only  5% that the developers get. that is not much. look at Verge, reddcoin and many other coins. They have millions of $ market cap and are so bad. This is the real deal. people how think this project is a scam will look back and regret selling.
caique28

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:07:30 PM

Denarius dropped to 0,47 usd today  Huh what did happen?

Also, on trollbox someone posted this link?

https://www.reddit.com/r/darknet/comments/6lvyyj/hiring_developers_and_moderators_for_freedom/

Is this the end of Denarius? If yes , then this might be the last time i've invested in crypto's.
Already lost 200usd on Onix, 150usd on Briacoin and now 350usd on Denarius  Sad
And now i'm also waiting for my first electric bill because of my day and night mining...
Is there any coin worth investing?

This is the market, TRHM. It takes a lot of caution and common sense before investing your money. In addition, you must also be patient and know how to take advantage of the opportunities, time to buy and time to sell. Otherwise, you'll be a loser in the market, and you won't be able to question that to anyone.
Bitcoiner12

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:14:32 PM

The drop is because it is a low volume traded crypto. If they go on Yobit or Bittrex the margins would be much smaller. Now the margin between bid and ask is so high that you dont even know at what price to put in an order. As soon as this hits bigger exchanges volatility wont be so high. I personally added on the day high and not worried at all. The fundamentals are good and i know i will make a lot from this.   
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 10:15:32 PM

i think this coin is awesome! i wil make 20-100 times my investment  on this. It is the fastest coin out there that i am aware of. pre mining is the reward the owners/developers get. how else do they benefit if they develop a crypto. in this case it is only  5% that the developers get. that is not much. look at Verge, reddcoin and many other coins. They have millions of $ market cap and are so bad. This is the real deal. people how think this project is a scam will look back and regret selling.

I politely ask you and other newbies to remain silent in critical discussions here. You have not a voice on this issue ...

And NO! It is not the way devs benefit from their work, (and in this specific case, it is not much of a work at all), it is principally a scam way of benefitting whoever is doing this, is a scammer being aware or not of what he/she is.
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:20:25 PM

tpruvot just updated 5.3.8 again, give it a download and try it out Smiley

Same download link, also try mining on a pool other than ccminer, we need to spread the hashrate more and hashbag.cc is a good one!

So far, this one is stable.
Bitcoiner12

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:23:58 PM

what is there to discuss? if you think it is a scam invest in something else and move on. This will have a big community in the future and it belongs in the top 100 crypto market capitalization
stoniestfool

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:26:25 PM

@aliashraf Apparently you are unaware of how cypto works. I doubt you know there was a 92 million premine of eth. When eth forked the dev now has 92 million eth and 92 million etc. Zcash devs receive 20% of the minted coins for the first 4 years. Not to mention the complete scam at zcash launch.
      This coin has new usable features to the community. DNR was released with working cpu and gpu miners. Gpu miners for both amd and nvidia. Unlike pascal who released a miner that did not work properly.

Then you have the audacity to tell this man he should do all this for free so you can get rich quick.
I honestly could not believe anyone would have an opinion like yours. He 5% is an extremely reasonable amount. When they do increase in value that is because of his hard work. Have you never received a raise at your job?
kingcarsen (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 10:29:43 PM

I do appreciate your viewpoint and perspective aliashraf!  Cool

Those posts from me were from years ago, since then I worked a lot of high ranking jobs and am choosing to do this as my full time job/project now. I do absolutely 100% believe in crypto, otherwise your right, why would I be here? Why would I be using my real name? The premine will not be modified and there will be no fork of Denarius. I do deserve to have a portion of the premine of the coin that I created, especially if I am going to continue to put as much time as I have into it. You dont ask a company to hand over their 51% of shares and to change the entire way their company is, because well its their company, I think this statement is 100% correct and I do think a lot of people agree with me. My coin is already a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency with a new hashing algorithm that I came up with unique to Denarius, I also coded up a fully featured NodeJS Web Wallet from scratch and I will be continuing to improve the codebase of the coin and features.

Some facts are: Denarius is here and its not going anywhere, I am here and I am not going anywhere nor dumping my premine, I will be continuing the expansion of Denarius and development.

If you don't believe me or want to keep throwing your money at corporate enterprises and "no premine/ICO" styled tokens that is your choice. Everything about Denarius has been upfront 100% transparent and 100% honest.

Same download link, also try mining on a pool other than ccminer, we need to spread the hashrate more and hashbag.cc is a good one!

Awesome!! Cool
El marinero

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:50:24 PM

I finished reading this whole thread from the OP to here and I found there is a lot of concern about the pre-mined coins and I have some ideas to share   Smiley

1- I do not understand and actually reject the idea behind premined coins, by any means. True devs do not need such tactics. Once you have a code base (forked or written from scratch, having new and brilliant ideas or not) and you have managed to create the genesis block and start a new blockchain, you and your team and the few people who share their hash power for the first days and weeks, all of you have a privilege  which is more than enough to gain huge benefits from your wise choice if it is wise at all.

2- IMO, the above argument is absolutely solid when we are dealing with a simple fork (switching the POW in this case is a simple fork yet).

3- Recently, a wiseman in a cryptocurrency conference said something like this:
In the cryptocurrency ecosystem we have scammers, these days. who are not aware of themselves being scammers.

It is so right about many ICOs and about the dude who have started this thread and this coin ... he is an unconscious scammer (no offense) and it is because of the pre-mined coins he holds and his ignorance about the paradox he has created: If you believe in your  coin to become a "peer-to-peer payment system" which is to function like USD, each coin should eventually worth millions of dollars, so how in the hell you can justify holding the coins that their future value is going to exceed trillions of dollars, in exchange of some tweaks in the bitcoin code base?! And if you are not a believer, why do you initiated it all?

@Carsen argues like "I'm full time on this project", "everybody does the same" , or "CEOs  keep more shares" , blah, blah ... very bad excuses for a very bad decision.

But it is done this way and I'm not trying to be destructive, I have a proposal to fix everything:

90% The pre-mined coins should be locked right now, forever, at least, it includes what he claims have already spent.

Buying back the spent coins may be somewhat hard, so, just manage for a hard fork, increase the block reward and the total coins ceiling by multiplying them to 10 ( don't panic, nothing ever changes) ... you have power here for a short time, use it and clean your mess, and for the god sake go get some education and insight about the playground you have chosen ... it is not a race between ill-minded people who invent imaginary, fake shits, it is crypto-currency and is gonna make spce elevators and flying cars besides fixing global warming and poverty and drought. Take care!

Plain and simple: you are an idiot who thinks others should work for free for you
KurtCobain

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:02:48 PM

I do appreciate your viewpoint and perspective aliashraf!  Cool

Those posts from me were from years ago, since then I worked a lot of high ranking jobs and am choosing to do this as my full time job/project now. I do absolutely 100% believe in crypto, otherwise your right, why would I be here? Why would I be using my real name? The premine will not be modified and there will be no fork of Denarius. I do deserve to have a portion of the premine of the coin that I created, especially if I am going to continue to put as much time as I have into it. You dont ask a company to hand over their 51% of shares and to change the entire way their company is, because well its their company, I think this statement is 100% correct and I do think a lot of people agree with me. My coin is already a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency with a new hashing algorithm that I came up with unique to Denarius, I also coded up a fully featured NodeJS Web Wallet from scratch and I will be continuing to improve the codebase of the coin and features.

Some facts are: Denarius is here and its not going anywhere, I am here and I am not going anywhere nor dumping my premine, I will be continuing the expansion of Denarius and development.

If you don't believe me or want to keep throwing your money at corporate enterprises and "no premine/ICO" styled tokens that is your choice. Everything about Denarius has been upfront 100% transparent and 100% honest.

Awesome!! Cool

I Think that it would build a lot of trust in my eyes if you contacted coinmarketcap and had them update the circulating coin count, it's off SIGNIFICANTLY.
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 11:11:39 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 11:46:41 PM by kingcarsen

We talked about this a few days ago in the Gitter, wondering where they are even pulling that data from?

We already submitted requests to get it fixed, still haven't heard back, sent them another just now:

RRSS

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:24:41 PM

My experience trying to use the new sgminer with hashbag pool:

[16:19:29] Started sgminer 5.3.8
[16:19:29] * using Jansson 2.7
[16:19:32] No login credentials supplied for pool.hashbag.cc

Then closes.
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 11:31:12 PM

My experience trying to use the new sgminer with hashbag pool:

[16:19:32] No login credentials supplied for pool.hashbag.cc

Then closes.

What is in your config or bat? Looks like an address error...

In a command prompt in the same folder as sgminer do the following with <walletaddress> being your address

Code:
sgminer.exe -k tribus -o stratum+tcp://hashbag.cc:8533 -u <walletaddress> -p d=0.002

Try something like that
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 11:58:38 PM

Hi guys,

I just started mining for the first time with my gpu it's an old gpu nVidia GT 740 and was just wondering if this is any good to keep mining DNR? I'm currently mining in a pool yiimp ccminer pool. So far I've been mining for 15 minutes and got accepted 1/1 <diff 0.279>, 2192.47 KH/s yes! so as I'm new to all this what does that mean please? I'm a noob at this as you can see lol 

Let it run for 24 hours and you can see how much you make over that period of time and determine if it is worth it to you.

Thanks for the suggestion, well I let it run for around 12 hours and mined just 0.09 DNR so yeah it's not much but as I mine another coin 24/7 I might just stick with mining DNR for now. I'll also be investing into buying some DNR in the next few days to start staking and see how that goes.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
bwickstrom

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:59:57 AM

This is what I get when I run sgminer 5.3.8:

clDevicesNum returned error, no GPus usable
Command line options set a device that doesn't exist.

This is my batch file:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

sgminer --kernel tribus -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:8533 -u D9Msc3bEAPrj9Y5tuUYwkjwDo5Qmu1ArkQ.2 -p x
pause

I am using AMD RX 480 8GB cards and driver version 16.9.2 which I read is good for Claymore which I am using now for mining ETH.
Hangterisaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:11:29 AM

i like the new algo, look very similar to nist5, i get almost the same hash in both algo with my 1080ti, the profit is not bad, well now everything is less profitable but still satisfying
I agree, 40 MH/s on a 1070 undervolted at 100W is much higher than I was making on any other coin.

Not exactly. Was making over 100€ per day on Nexus up untill a month or so back. This on 4 GTX 1070's (150 MH per card). But miners found out about it and diff rose like hell lately so i made less with 8 than i did with 4 lol.
kawaiicrypto

Activity: 192
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:26:00 AM

Wow, that would be awesome!

Hangterisaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:35:35 AM

@aliashraf Apparently you are unaware of how cypto works. I doubt you know there was a 92 million premine of eth. When eth forked the dev now has 92 million eth and 92 million etc. Zcash devs receive 20% of the minted coins for the first 4 years. Not to mention the complete scam at zcash launch.
      This coin has new usable features to the community. DNR was released with working cpu and gpu miners. Gpu miners for both amd and nvidia. Unlike pascal who released a miner that did not work properly.

Then you have the audacity to tell this man he should do all this for free so you can get rich quick.
I honestly could not believe anyone would have an opinion like yours. He 5% is an extremely reasonable amount. When they do increase in value that is because of his hard work. Have you never received a raise at your job?

Gnosis, 100% premine, 6 % went to investors of the ICO (Millions invested in minutes) the rest is held by the devs. People flew on this like flies on shit lol.
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 02:59:16 AM

This is what I get when I run sgminer 5.3.8:

clDevicesNum returned error, no GPus usable
Command line options set a device that doesn't exist.

This is my batch file:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

sgminer --kernel tribus -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:8533 -u D9Msc3bEAPrj9Y5tuUYwkjwDo5Qmu1ArkQ.2 -p x
pause

I am using AMD RX 480 8GB cards and driver version 16.9.2 which I read is good for Claymore which I am using now for mining ETH.

One thing to check would be your Radeon Settings, if they aren't running your cards wont get detected. If you verified that and are still having that issue, try installing a different version of the drivers like 17.5

Also it is best to mine on hashbag.cc or one of the other pools to help spread the hashrate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: