Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
gill83

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:55:25 AM

Are there strong indicators that the K64 board is going to be ready when chips begin arriving from Avalon? I got the impression that Bkk and his collaborators were focusing on the K16 first? The case design is impressive and demonstrates the effort you guys are putting into this!

K64 is just 4 K16s printed on the same board, and connected to each other with either small cables or "PCB links" (which is basically a small PCB with two connectors).
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:03:15 PM

I know that Terrahash has been talking directly to BkkCoins. Don't know what was said, of course, but they seemed pretty confident that they would be able to do this.
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:25:59 PM

Are there strong indicators that the K64 board is going to be ready when chips begin arriving from Avalon? I got the impression that Bkk and his collaborators were focusing on the K16 first? The case design is impressive and demonstrates the effort you guys are putting into this!

K64 is just 4 K16s printed on the same board, and connected to each other with either small cables or "PCB links" (which is basically a small PCB with two connectors).

Thank-you for clarifying -- good to know!
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:37:31 PM

TH Update - they have finished the design of the DX Large

1.See-through acrylic window.
2.L-shaped body design for easy access to the inner components.
3.Fading circular pattern for fans/airflow.
4.Feet on two sides for horizontal and vertical placement.
5.Stackable design

Im sure many of you are on their mailing list too, but some may not be which is why I wanted to get this here.

So, case design is done, good job!  On to more pressing issues?
I am on their mailing lists. Thanks for posting this here. I will be following their updates with interest.

chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:07:38 PM

Just want to say, this thing is sexy as hell!!

newmars

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:16:43 PM

looks pretty good

TH Update - they have finished the design of the DX Large

1.See-through acrylic window.
2.L-shaped body design for easy access to the inner components.
3.Fading circular pattern for fans/airflow.
4.Feet on two sides for horizontal and vertical placement.
5.Stackable design

Im sure many of you are on their mailing list too, but some may not be which is why I wanted to get this here.

So, case design is done, good job!  On to more pressing issues?
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:19:00 PM

How long do you think it'll be until you get your chips in? I'm buying the K64 module from you guys for sure.

Our first batch was one of the first few orders (we believe one of the first 20 orders). So we will be one of the first to get the chips. Hopefully by early to mid june.

I was going through trying to answer one of my own questions regarding the ordering of the avalon chips.  I did miss this post, but was hoping to find some confirmation on the statement above.

Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 04:29:22 PM

An actual CG render that clearly came from real CAD software? I demand a crappy looking Photoshop like everyone else has  Wink

Looks great TerraHash keep it up

Streets 2.0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:36:57 PM

An actual CG render that clearly came from real CAD software? I demand a crappy looking Photoshop like everyone else has  Wink

Yeah it is nice to see, this is definitely a first of sorts LOL

I am almost ready to put my full weight and self approval on this project, just a few outstanding questions I wish could be answered.  Sad

Namely - Avalon order date and confirmation, facility confirmation from an outside source - if I could check these off the list, I would pre-order in a second.

I optimistically hope still, out of KNC, TH, Bitfury and even BFL, TH will be the winner.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:04:18 PM

I am almost ready to put my full weight and self approval on this project, just a few outstanding questions I wish could be answered.  Sad

Namely - Avalon order date and confirmation, facility confirmation from an outside source - if I could check these off the list, I would pre-order in a second.

I optimistically hope still, out of KNC, TH, Bitfury and even BFL, TH will be the winner.

I give it 50/50 at this point who delivers first between TH and KNC. I think both are likely legit.
Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 06:17:12 PM

I give it 50/50 at this point who delivers first between TH and KNC. I think both are likely legit.

Go read the entire KnCMiner thread and re-evaluate...they are scammy and untruthful, as PG has been pointing out with some fury. There are holes all over, and all they have show is an FPGA board that they have since abandoned as they came to the table entirely late with it as ASICs come online.

Don't give any of these companies your money until they actually show they have something real. Otherwise you deserve what you get for your ignorance.

Twh

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:28:39 PM

Terrahash isn't developing their own miner though, they're just providing boards and case+PSU combos for Avalon chips. If they deliver later than KnC for any other reason than BitSyncom not delivering the chips on time, that's a huge failure on their part; not that I expect them to be slower, since, again, they're just putting chips on boards.
cloudstrife07

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:40:24 PM

Nice design for the DX there, TerraHash.  Wink

Some opinion on the DX design; I think instead of putting a large 'DX' in front, please make it smaller and put your company logo above it. It'll look more commercial and professional  Smiley
Streets 2.0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:00:50 PM

Go read the entire KnCMiner thread and re-evaluate...they are scammy and untruthful, as PG has been pointing out with some fury. There are holes all over, and all they have show is an FPGA board that they have since abandoned as they came to the table entirely late with it as ASICs come online.

Don't give any of these companies your money until they actually show they have something real. Otherwise you deserve what you get for your ignorance.

I was more or less comparing the pre-order montra to the other companies that took pre-orders.  At this state in the game, not many would pay for something that hasnt been produced.

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:10:38 PM

I like the case design, but am a bit concerned about airflow and temperatures since the hashing modules are so close together.

I hope it doesn't take a turbo fan pointed at that case with the top off to keep temps down!  Smiley
Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 08:19:52 PM

I was more or less comparing the pre-order montra to the other companies that took pre-orders.  At this state in the game, not many would pay for something that hasnt been produced.

I disagree, so many scams are only appearing because there are enough gullible fools out there that send them money without thinking to support it. Hopefully this is changing, I have my own effort going to help this problem.

There is nothing wrong with pre-orders in a legitimate community startup as long as it is funding mass production after the product has been shown and demonstrated, ideally by unaffiliated 3rd parties. Anything other than this is a fraudulent undertaking.

TerraHash seems to be on the level with this, and is a reasonable explanation that Avalon chips still inbound, Avalon itself can acknowledge this as they have actual products they sell. Letting Avalon fill the void for chips instead of designing their own is a smart thing to do and cuts way down on development time and cost. Seeing a real CAD/CAM design is encouraging.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:33:52 PM

actually been following it the whole time. I will not be preordering anything. I simply cannot afford the risk. Whoever demonstrates working product AND shipping gets my custom. However, I don't think they're scamming, and even PG has conceded that maybe they aren't the scum of the earth. And that boy would question free gold. Not that that is all bad, skeptics are helpful in many ways.
gill83

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:12:30 AM

actually been following it the whole time. I will not be preordering anything. I simply cannot afford the risk. Whoever demonstrates working product AND shipping gets my custom. However, I don't think they're scamming, and even PG has conceded that maybe they aren't the scum of the earth. And that boy would question free gold. Not that that is all bad, skeptics are helpful in many ways.

But, if they start taking pre-orders now and you wait till they show a product, you will be way behind in the pre-orders. And by the time you get your machine, difficulty will be really high! So I think if you want some reward, you have to take some risk.
Aquaficial

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:06:37 AM

I am really looking foward to see a real product. Do you guys by any chance have the ability for us to pick up once the products come out? You guys seem to be one of the few companies that are legitimate. Cheesy
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:40:52 AM

But, if they start taking pre-orders now and you wait till they show a product, you will be way behind in the pre-orders. And by the time you get your machine, difficulty will be really high! So I think if you want some reward, you have to take some risk.

True. But their business model is that once they start shipping, they aren't doing "batches", they're doing continuous production, so I won't be that far behind. I'm not trying to get rich on this one hit. Not that I would mind, but I'm trying to build several businesses long term. I'm tired of working for other people. They get the rewards, I get poorer and poorer. This is something that to me is part of a strategy, not just a quick hit. As it currently stands, I'm not comfortable with the level of risk. By august, when/if they have working prototypes (either one of these bad boys) I'll have more confidence. I cannot afford to go all in on one possibility right now, but spreading the risk involves waiting.

I'm not a patient man, but between being a father and just starting to get old, I've learned to fake it very well  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: