Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:04:54 PM

You should be looking for credibility, the best way to do that is to provide evidence you have ordered chips and their expected arrival date.

Very simple.

This really is very simple, I'm not sure why TH hasn't released this information?  My best guess is that perhaps they feel that they ordered a late batch of chips and don't want people to be put off by that, but in the end transparency will trump all else.  Just food for thought.  Once Avalon is rolling out chip deliveries I don't expect the difference in delivery dates to vary by more than a few weeks for reasonably placed orders (as Avalon would benefit by producing in as large a quantity as possible, ofc and one would assume that their manufacturer is going to stay on the Avalon Asic chip until its done, as one would with a process costing job....that is to say its very unlikely that Avalon is ordering separate batches of 10,000 chips from their supplier it just wouldn't make sense, but instead increasing their order amount and lowering setup/downtime costs for the supplier, the suppliers DM and DL and MOH...and consequently Avalon's cost), that's not going to kill anybody in the grand scheme of things.  

Otherwise, it simply makes no sense not to display the order information, TH...actually it doesn't make sense no matter what.

Edit: saw that TH responded to this above, but I'm leaving it because its still a valid point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:08:54 PM

I, and many people here are preparing to send them tens of thousands of dollars,
We all work very hard for our money, we don't want to lose it.

Please don't be offended. Terrahash is on the right track, they haven't done anything to make people think its a scam, but if I wanted to come up with a reason that they have a small amount of chips and 1 PCB I could.

I am NOT saying they are a scam.

I just want some additional assurances before I throw my money in the pool.

There are a few members here who are within driving distance, all they have to do is drive over, look at some stuff, take a few pics and everyone is happy.

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:09:58 PM

I'm disappointed that Terrahash is going to a preorder scheme when we have no manufacturing timeline, no way to guarantee a timeline would be adhered to, and still no details of (e.g.) their Avalon bulk order. I also find it odd that this reversal came so suddenly.

Also, while I'm glad they will accept PayPal, if preorders are far enough in advance of projected delivery, that may hinder our ability to obtain refunds (through PayPal) should Terrahash disappear or miss a delivery target.

We have received a request for orders that far exceeds the amount of Avalon chips that we have already ordered. The money raised from pre-orders will be used to order more Avalon chips, to ensure a constant supply of our products.

So, will preorders on Tuesday be part of the already ordered chips or not? If I login on Tuesday at 9AM and order say a DX Large (with you providing the chips). Is it going to ship at the end of July/early August or 8 weeks later after you order more chips? This is really important if anyone here is going to take your Tuesday preorder seriously.

Will you let people know if they made the cut or not before they order? Or, are you taking a sort it out later approach?
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:11:00 PM

There were a lot of people who wanted to "reserve a spot" by pre-ordering. This will give them the ability to do so. Other people who want to see an actual product before ordering, can always wait.

Funds due at time of pre-order? Grace period?
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:16:54 PM

At this point, I'm glad I didn't drop over 4k on a KNCMiner pre-order because I'm fairly certain that Terrahash will beat them to market by a couple of months.

Time will tell...

Go Terrahash!
dxtwo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

coins...coins...as far as you can see

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:17:27 PM

I received the email regarding pre-orders. I had a question, what is the price in USD going to bet set at (perhaps update website in advance)? I would like to get my funds situated before hand and would need to know. I am glad we can pay via USD because large amounts of BTC is hard to pay for many people.
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:21:31 PM

evidence for a Avalon Chip order is more convincing

You should be looking for credibility, the best way to do that is to provide evidence you have ordered chips and their expected arrival date.

Very simple.
TerraH has been pushing to help get the development of the K16 boards moving as quickly as possible. They posted a pic of a board that they had printed for the K16. Why would they be pushing for the development of that board if they didn't have any chips to put on it?
VJain

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:37:57 PM

Hopefully on Monday, with the publishing of order information, all of our "fears" will be gone, and we can start throwing funds out for the preorders.

I personally am looking at diversifying a bit from ASICMINER. Not comfortable having such a large percentage of funds on one horse (however well they are performing).

Making Apps and Websites for people. I charge reasonable rates ($30-40/hour in BTC).
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:55:46 PM

Just checked out your site and unless my maths is $hit
you are selling the chips at cost and assembly and board for .75 BTC

This seems way to cheap, are you gonna review these prices?

Not your maths, but your eyesight is shit. 0.75 is for assembly only, where you provide the chips.

Ok maybe I should have better punctuation.

You are selling the chips at cost. =  Why outlay 800 BTC and not make some profit?

Assembly and board for .75 BTC   =  Very reasonable price.

If Assembly and board were .75 on a group buy then fine. This just seems some tight margins for a business.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:12:50 PM

Just checked out your site and unless my maths is $hit
you are selling the chips at cost and assembly and board for .75 BTC

This seems way to cheap, are you gonna review these prices?

Not your maths, but your eyesight is shit. 0.75 is for assembly only, where you provide the chips.

Ok maybe I should have better punctuation.

You are selling the chips at cost. =  Why outlay 800 BTC and not make some profit?

Assembly and board for .75 BTC   =  Very reasonable price.

If Assembly and board were .75 on a group buy then fine. This just seems some tight margins for a business.

Boards & parts alone are about $35,then a heatsink/fan,not sure how much,maybe $10 ??

Full K16 boards & thier chips are currently 1.99 BTC=$200 approx as of today.BTC @ $100 now.

http://terrahash.com/product/4-5-ghsec-module/

No case,PSU or cables. Pretty good deal  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
newmars

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:28:46 PM

The BTC price was set a while ago. Maybe the upcoming price in USD will be different.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:54:50 PM

just curious

if someone orders the assembled boards how do you plan on housing them?

The case on terrahash site is 12BTC

2 x 18 Ghash board will cost 14BTC I would rather spend the money on a board instead of a case

Any suggestions?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 10:57:19 PM

Why is the case just by itself cost $1200.00?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Silvas

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:10:17 PM

They already said they're running pretty tight margins on boards, and are looking to make more profit on the cases, and especially on complete turnkey mining units ready to run with PSU, case, etc all together with the board.

For those of us who already have a PSU or want to get one of our own, maybe do our own case or fabricate some mounting hardware to mount in something like a rack mount case, this is perfect.
The case they're offering looks nice, and if I had gotten into bitcoin sooner and had a ton of BTC laying around I'd go for it.  But I don't really *need* a nice fancy case and psu and fans and all that.  I have tons of spare parts laying around so having the option to save money is nice
ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:10:26 PM

I am sure that includes the PSU and fans but i believe it is still steep for 12BTC

ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:11:24 PM

They already said they're running pretty tight margins on boards, and are looking to make more profit on the cases, and especially on complete turnkey mining units ready to run with PSU, case, etc all together with the board.

For those of us who already have a PSU or want to get one of our own, maybe do our own case or fabricate some mounting hardware to mount in something like a rack mount case, this is perfect.
The case they're offering looks nice, and if I had gotten into bitcoin sooner and had a ton of BTC laying around I'd go for it.  But I don't really *need* a nice fancy case and psu and fans and all that.  I have tons of spare parts laying around so having the option to save money is nice

Do you mind sharing on how you will be housing the boards?

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:20:35 PM

[/quote]

Boards & parts alone are about $35,then a heatsink/fan,not sure how much,maybe $10 ??

Full K16 boards & thier chips are currently 1.99 BTC=$200 approx as of today.BTC @ $100 now.

http://terrahash.com/product/4-5-ghsec-module/

No case,PSU or cables. Pretty good deal  Wink
[/quote]

Yes its a very good deal, enough to make me question why I bothered with the group buys..

and it does seem terrahash has most of his ducks in a line, except of course the first one - BKK has not tested his own pcb yet.

Now I have great faith in BKK and am sure he will get us there in the end - I just wish terra would hold back from pre-order until there is a hashing psb. Mostly because I promised my wife I would not spend any more until there was products shipping..(i`ve already broken that promise twice now i think) shhh

P.S.  Terra that board is f##kin sexy well done,  can`t wait to see it populated and tested - Good luck

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:30:27 PM

$200 for a 4.5gh Module is a great price, I'll build my own case and spend the $1200 on 6 more modules!

newmars

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:40:07 PM

฿ 12.00 is for one without power supply.
The case with power supply is ฿ 15.00!

http://terrahash.com/product/terrahash-dx-large/

I am sure that includes the PSU and fans but i believe it is still steep for 12BTC
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:42:17 PM

Is a case even needed for these though? Couldn't you just use a normal PC case, or even just elevate the board using a couple platforms or something like people do with GPU miners?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: