Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
fire5

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:10:11 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 04:53:57 AM by fire5

From the klondike k16 thread , 350Mhz

Thanks to Steamboat & Kano & others who helped save the Klondike  Grin

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/Bigblock462/Profit%20calc/BFL%2030GH/DSC02495_zps3bf06e23.jpg

Works like a champ!!!!!!!!!!!  Cool

For each K16, the components including the heat sink, board, power cables, etc. cost us around $45. And we were prepared to assemble around 5,000 K16s (for 80,000 chips). There goes $250,000.

Why ?
The Fear/doubt spread by a few members (along with the delay from Yifu) lead to a lot of refund requests. The result of which was that, if we continued with the project, we would have been left with inventory worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in our hands. And it would have been almost impossible to sell it at a price where we could even break even. Even if nobody asked for a refund, we would still have been left with about $125,000 worth of useless components (read point 4 above). But with about half of our customers asking for a refund, we would be stuck with another $350,000 worth of inventory that we couldn't have sold for more than $150,000, putting us under red for over $300,000.

-->> Point 4. The Power Inductor 38L361C was not available anywhere, so we instead bought SPM10040T-R36M170. But the latter was not pin compatible with the former. So we ended up changing the circuit board. I will publish the updated KiCad files.

If pushed into a corner, I will defend myself.

Theres 2 Power Inducator http://www.oemstrade.com/search/SPM10040T-R36M170/ that go on a k16 board, and there 1.16$ each.

thats 10,260$ on these for 5k k16's,then they claim to have changed the circuit board, no word on the updated kicad files for a month.

One picture Th posted of k16 x4 shows these power indicators.

And don't tell me you went on to reprint 5k circuit boards because of a power indicator.

Everyone else assembling the k16s seemed to have found the original Power indicator....

Where is this 125k of "useless components" coming from?

Avalon even had the 10k chips for 100BTC for over 2 weeks on their website. Could have bought those and put together the boards.

They even posted a code on Bkk thread with the dam firmware for the k16 to work 100%.

All this shit and then you add the 50% refund crap, then you go off posting shit like the corner dog bullshit.

Quote from: Bitcoinorama on May 07, 2013, 10:57:01 PM
Could we poss have the names and faces behind the venture please? And any relevant backgrounds. It's kinda nice to know who's who, increase confidence, etc...

Sure, we'll create a "Our Team" page on the website. By the way, my name is Amir.

Heres another person with the k16 assembled, on AUG 15TH.

http://placedroid.com/blogs/news/8625479-place-droid-assembles-first-of-many-klondike-k16-bitcoin-mining-engines

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0222/4886/files/IMG_9938_grande.JPG?104

Mitten k16
https://i.imgur.com/T4BjST6.jpg

Bkk thread 333 100%
Code:
cgminer version 3.6.4+ - Started: [2013-10-24 09:44:23]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):12.18G (avg):10.55Gh/s | A:105775  R:1436  HW:8  WU:147.4/m
 ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 106  LW: 125926  GF: 0  RF: 0
 Connected to z diff 1 with stratum as user z/+1
 Block: 000f77f2ed978a3d...  Diff:268M  Started: [21:50:21]  Best share: 65.8K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 KLN 0: 333MHz  0% 47C | 6.219G/5.274Gh/s | A:52904 R:692 HW:5 WU: 73.7/m
 KLN 1: 333MHz  0% 44C | 7.036G/5.276Gh/s | A:52873 R:744 HW:3 WU: 73.7/m
 [2013-10-24 21:51:48] Accepted fd785d9f Diff 1/1 KLN 0
 [2013-10-24 21:51:48] Accepted bd4757bf Diff 1/1 KLN 1
 [2013-10-24 21:51:49] Accepted d1596286 Diff 1/1 KLN 1
 [2013-10-24 21:51:49] Accepted dde792b4 Diff 1/1 KLN 1

xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:15:42 AM

Awesome accomplishment Smiley  Congrats to all concerned!

Has anyone gotten the I2C to work, so maybe the K64 will work too?

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:35:09 AM

I2C is still being worked on so its USB hubs right now.
justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:09:18 AM

Small Claims Court  Cheesy

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/small-claims-suits-how-much-30031.html
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:22:50 AM

Small claims or any other court will only get you a judgement.  You still have to collect afterwards.  Something that's physically impossible with bitcoin.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:18:52 AM

Small claims or any other court will only get you a judgement.  You still have to collect afterwards.  Something that's physically impossible with bitcoin.

With bitcoins i would agree it would be intresting to see any judge deal with bitcoin.  Those with wiretransfer will have much easier time.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:32:21 AM

I see no problem with it being a bitcoin payment, it was for a dollar amount. No different to me making a transfer to his account in UK Pounds and his bank transferring it to US Dollars.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:28:21 AM

I see no problem with it being a bitcoin payment, it was for a dollar amount. No different to me making a transfer to his account in UK Pounds and his bank transferring it to US Dollars.

I would consult with a lawyer if you paid in bitcoin.  But as far as i know its not recognized as a official currency in US.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 06:59:34 PM

You seem to be confused so let me clarify again.  If and when you get a judgement you can locate a bank account and get the sheriff or police to put a lien on it thereby freezing it so you can get the money.  You can't do anything to bitcoin without the person with the private key willingly transferring it you no matter how many judges issue a judgement in your favor.

justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:04:16 AM

You seem to be confused so let me clarify again.  If and when you get a judgement you can locate a bank account and get the sheriff or police to put a lien on it thereby freezing it so you can get the money.  You can't do anything to bitcoin without the person with the private key willingly transferring it you no matter how many judges issue a judgement in your favor.

When the merchandise was bought they had equivalent costs in US Dollars to Bitcoins. So you could request payment in the fiat value instead of Bitcoin. This would be more simple especially for the judge, as Bitcoin price isn't stable these days. So in my opinion it isn't an issue.  
User705
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:38:25 AM

You seem to be confused so let me clarify again.  If and when you get a judgement you can locate a bank account and get the sheriff or police to put a lien on it thereby freezing it so you can get the money.  You can't do anything to bitcoin without the person with the private key willingly transferring it you no matter how many judges issue a judgement in your favor.

When the merchandise was bought they had equivalent costs in US Dollars to Bitcoins. So you could request payment in the fiat value instead of Bitcoin. This would be more simple especially for the judge, as Bitcoin price isn't stable these days. So in my opinion it isn't an issue.  
You can request to be paid in diamonds or virgins it doesn't matter.  Even if a judge grants your request you still have to locate assets ie money, diamonds, virgins and transfer them to yourself through legal collection.  However with the stash of avalon refunded bitcoins terrahash currently controls it is not possible to do so without terrahash or more specifically the person that has the private key willingness to do so.  And if they aren't willing to do so all you have is a piece of paper that says you are owed this money and nothing more.

emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:32:28 AM

You can request to be paid in diamonds or virgins it doesn't matter.  Even if a judge grants your request you still have to locate assets ie money, diamonds, virgins and transfer them to yourself through legal collection.  However with the stash of avalon refunded bitcoins terrahash currently controls it is not possible to do so without terrahash or more specifically the person that has the private key willingness to do so.  And if they aren't willing to do so all you have is a piece of paper that says you are owed this money and nothing more.
What you don't have any money to refund?
Well I'll just take ur daughter instead, she'll fetch a pretty penny at market
Daddy No!
Be a good girl and go with the man maria  Cry
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:32:22 PM

Yeah, here I think none of the lawyers can do much! Why? Because there's no bitcoin in the legal. So as you stated before, it is just plain decision of Terrahash staff on, if they want it to return. But as we are trying to pressure more and more, there can be a lot of negative response or even no refund. So, let them to decide and do the best for us.

Wink
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 04:58:07 PM

Time for a poll!

Who is the bigger scumbag:

Terrahash
BFL
Yifu
Trendon T Shavers aka Pirate@40

Feel free to add your own

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
hammurabi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:47:06 PM

Time for a poll!

Who is the bigger scumbag:

Terrahash
BFL
Yifu
Trendon T Shavers aka Pirate@40

Feel free to add your own

Don't forget Fabriozio Tatti & Alessia Tatti from LabCoin along with fictional Samuel Noi.
Yifu returned all coins and there is some mystery about how those batches gone missing. So obviously, if we call him that he is not the biggest one.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:55:08 PM

Hi all, finally on board here so I can ask my fellow TH victims:

1. has anyone actually got their paypal refund? i tried the previously posted advice and paypal are stonewalling me with the 45 day thing. I mentioned others got a refund and it got their attention, but if i had some examples of other cases it would bolster my case i think.

2. id like to start a collective course of action against terrahash. if we club together to do something and use a % of the collective refund amount to fund any action, it would be more effective than solo action. ie i was only stung for a $950 board, i dont think im going to see a 50% refund, and from what i hear around these parts, Amir and co prob still have our BTC and theyre worth more than enough now to cover us all. I for one would be happy to give 5% of my $950 to do something about this, rather than hope for half of that to never arrive.

So, would be in? Suggestions on what kind of action and other aspects welcome (no, not considering silk road style 'hit' on him!).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:02:25 PM

Hi all, finally on board here so I can ask my fellow TH victims:

1. has anyone actually got their paypal refund? i tried the previously posted advice and paypal are stonewalling me with the 45 day thing. I mentioned others got a refund and it got their attention, but if i had some examples of other cases it would bolster my case i think.

2. id like to start a collective course of action against terrahash. if we club together to do something and use a % of the collective refund amount to fund any action, it would be more effective than solo action. ie i was only stung for a $950 board, i dont think im going to see a 50% refund, and from what i hear around these parts, Amir and co prob still have our BTC and theyre worth more than enough now to cover us all. I for one would be happy to give 5% of my $950 to do something about this, rather than hope for half of that to never arrive.

So, would be in? Suggestions on what kind of action and other aspects welcome (no, not considering silk road style 'hit' on him!).

1. Some have gotten lucky past 45 days, but at this point I'm willing to bet TH owes paypal money.  Hard to get it at this point, a lot of luck.

2. Sadly i think a class action suit will be hard to organize.   Most will have more luck as individual.  But a class action would be final blow for them to actually close shop.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:05:45 PM

I would consult with a lawyer if you paid in bitcoin.  But as far as i know its not recognized as a official currency in US.

It is in Germany, and most things that the German banks do are reciprocal to some extent in the US. Also, the US has recognized it as an asset, which can be translated to dollar value in courts. I would think that you could push for it's CURRENT value if not refunded in actual bitcoin. I am not a lawyer, though highly interested in law and married to one Smiley YMMV.
fire5

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:10:08 AM

Page 189

If you guys wish, I can bring up the refund issue with Yifu (in case he answers), and get the chips refunded. But we are heavily invested into this. The cases, custom heat sinks, PCBs, parts acquired at higher prices or acquired from secondary market are all non-refundable and impossible to sell. And since we ordered everything for 80,000 chips (40,000 our own and 40,000 anticipated assembly orders). So even with a refund from Avalon (which we highly doubt they will ever give), we might be able to give only a very small partial refund.

But as I said we are working on something new, I request all of you to be a little more patient. We are going to announce something very unique, very exciting and very affordable next week. We really can't give out much details as of now, but in our opinion this would essentially be the final evolution in Bitcoin mining.

All of you know that we have demonstrated the ability to produce and run the boards. We were the first one to successfully assemble a K16, and we were the first to start mining with a fully assembled K16 as well. And we will again demonstrate the ability to mass produce boards once we get the chips.

In my opinion, instead of taking a decision of behalf of everyone and pressing Avalon for refunds, we give everyone the following options individually:

a) If you want 100% refund, you need to give us 3 months time. We fully acknowledge that we are legally required to issue a refund when asked. Legal issues aside, we ourselves want to do the right thing to maintain our credibility. But the fact is we do not have enough liquidity right now to process all the refund requests. If you are willing to settle for a partial refund right now, please contact us and we can work something out.
b) Keep your order with us. We deliver it within the promised time (2 weeks of receiving the chips). We will also give you a 20% (of your current order) credit for our next project which we will be announcing next week. This credit will be transferable (you can sell it if you want).

I hope you understand that we are doing this despite the fact that the current situation is NOT our fault. Everyone who ordered from us were totally aware of the risks involved. Also 20-25% was our average profit per order. So even with option 'b', we are willing to make 0 profit from this whole Avalon saga, just for the sake our next project and to maintain long-term credibility for our company.

We would love to hear your comments on this.

1 month left until the 100% refund

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:16:31 AM

So until now every ASIC designer with pretty cases failed. A thing to remember.

Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: