Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:58:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:23:58 AM

So until now every ASIC designer with pretty cases failed. A thing to remember.

Boy,am I glad Steamboat didn't offer cases  Cheesy  Nor did Drillbit,so we should be ok there too  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
fire5

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:03:21 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 02:23:39 AM by fire5

Send the refunds
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:10:50 AM

Page 189

If you guys wish, I can bring up the refund issue with Yifu (in case he answers), and get the chips refunded. But we are heavily invested into this. The cases, custom heat sinks, PCBs, parts acquired at higher prices or acquired from secondary market are all non-refundable and impossible to sell. And since we ordered everything for 80,000 chips (40,000 our own and 40,000 anticipated assembly orders). So even with a refund from Avalon (which we highly doubt they will ever give), we might be able to give only a very small partial refund.

But as I said we are working on something new, I request all of you to be a little more patient. We are going to announce something very unique, very exciting and very affordable next week. We really can't give out much details as of now, but in our opinion this would essentially be the final evolution in Bitcoin mining.

All of you know that we have demonstrated the ability to produce and run the boards. We were the first one to successfully assemble a K16, and we were the first to start mining with a fully assembled K16 as well. And we will again demonstrate the ability to mass produce boards once we get the chips.

In my opinion, instead of taking a decision of behalf of everyone and pressing Avalon for refunds, we give everyone the following options individually:

a) If you want 100% refund, you need to give us 3 months time. We fully acknowledge that we are legally required to issue a refund when asked. Legal issues aside, we ourselves want to do the right thing to maintain our credibility. But the fact is we do not have enough liquidity right now to process all the refund requests. If you are willing to settle for a partial refund right now, please contact us and we can work something out.
b) Keep your order with us. We deliver it within the promised time (2 weeks of receiving the chips). We will also give you a 20% (of your current order) credit for our next project which we will be announcing next week. This credit will be transferable (you can sell it if you want).

I hope you understand that we are doing this despite the fact that the current situation is NOT our fault. Everyone who ordered from us were totally aware of the risks involved. Also 20-25% was our average profit per order. So even with option 'b', we are willing to make 0 profit from this whole Avalon saga, just for the sake our next project and to maintain long-term credibility for our company.

We would love to hear your comments on this.

1 month left until the 100% refund

The latest says 50 percent.  But you will notice the silence so and considering trust level I doubt you ever see any.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:12:44 AM

Boy,am I glad Steamboat didn't offer cases  Cheesy  Nor did Drillbit,so we should be ok there too  Cheesy

It is amazing how rendering makes people think legit.   I think working prototype everyone has learned by now (hopefully).   And if it sounds to good to be true chances are it is.
Tad3j

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:59:10 AM

There are a lot people on this planet who uses images to think, that are most of the Chinese people. They use images instead of signs. Other people who use Racional part to read, they read also with that part.

It exists one disorder who separate those 2 different thinking people. It is called dyslexia. People who think with Racional part in his brains, have no problem to combine signs into words. But people who read signs with the part, that is responsible for images, they will probably have dyslexia. For example, those people see the word "father", but they say "dad", they then read "table", and say "desk". They also predict what it would be the ending of words so they misspeled last signs in word. And theres also one really noticeable sign that they think in pictures, they see "d" as "b" or "p" and so on ... They see the words from all sites.

But all people have all three (did not mention the third one before) centers in the brain to think. It is only depending, which one who uses to perceive the world Wink

So yeah! Many people are fast convinced, even tho they see only nice images Wink

Don't forget, if someone has been puting alot work in render those images, they probably have good intentions.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:17:11 PM

It is amazing how rendering makes people think legit.   I think working prototype everyone has learned by now (hopefully).   And if it sounds to good to be true chances are it is.

I think xCrowd was the most impressive scam.   Lots of work on the website and miner designs.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:21:18 AM

I think xCrowd was the most impressive scam.   Lots of work on the website and miner designs.

I would like to see the cash figures.   Considering nothing was shipped out and such massive amount taken.

Would be a interesting thread to see what was the scam that took the most money.
VVV

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:29:49 PM

Who is from USA? May be its time go to the police? May be we can make a group request to the police with information about our orders/TerraHash workers?

Sorry for my bad english..
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:14:17 PM

Who is from USA? May be its time go to the police? May be we can make a group request to the police with information about our orders/TerraHash workers?

Bad english isn't the issue it's bad understanding of how the real world works.  It doesn't matter if it was bitcoin, cash, check, credit card.  This is a regular company that went bankrupt.  The police will not help you.

justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 10:25:35 PM

Hi all, finally on board here so I can ask my fellow TH victims:

1. has anyone actually got their paypal refund? i tried the previously posted advice and paypal are stonewalling me with the 45 day thing. I mentioned others got a refund and it got their attention, but if i had some examples of other cases it would bolster my case i think.

2. id like to start a collective course of action against terrahash. if we club together to do something and use a % of the collective refund amount to fund any action, it would be more effective than solo action. ie i was only stung for a $950 board, i dont think im going to see a 50% refund, and from what i hear around these parts, Amir and co prob still have our BTC and theyre worth more than enough now to cover us all. I for one would be happy to give 5% of my $950 to do something about this, rather than hope for half of that to never arrive.

So, would be in? Suggestions on what kind of action and other aspects welcome (no, not considering silk road style 'hit' on him!).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198489.msg3257855#msg3257855
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:45:53 AM

Bad english isn't the issue it's bad understanding of how the real world works.  It doesn't matter if it was bitcoin, cash, check, credit card.  This is a regular company that went bankrupt.  The police will not help you.

The thing is I believe they officially are still open as a corporation. They said they were closing..... but i predict they leave open unless big lawsuit and just keep getting salary.
pleasuretek

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:04:00 PM

Terrahash : you really hurt me. I gave you $4125, you wont even respond to any messages. I payed via bank wire transfer so I am screwed. I have reported you to state level consumer protection agencies, as well as the Federal Trade Commision. I have send multiple emails, you haven't responded to any. Your phone number is not even working anymore. I am a person and you stole money from me. I am a person and you hurt me. You made me suffer, you brought pain onto me.

You sit at your desk trying to make more moves, rather than clean up the mess you have made.  Your reputation in the bitcoin world is total crap, mostly due to lack of communication. Your company is 'disolving'... where did my money go? Send it back to me. Where did my money go? You can't take my money and invest it, that is fraud. You have to deliver a product within a certain date, when the product that has been paid for does not show up, that is fraud.  I have asked you on more than one occasion for a refund and you have not givin me one, that is fraud. You took my money with no intention of ever giving me anything, that is fraud.

I sat and tried to be patient, I tried not to say mean or hurtful things about you hoping that you would try to make this right. You took my money. Well Terrahash, you commited fraud, and you stole my money. I hope I will get my money back and I hope you rot in jail like you deserve.... but those are dreams.

I want a 100% refund delivered yesterday.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:56:00 PM

Here's where your money went guys  Sad

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5051116/3d-printed-gun-maker-cody-wilson-crowdfunding-dark-wallet

Amir Taaki is Terrahash right  Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 08:11:51 PM

Here's where your money went guys  Sad

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5051116/3d-printed-gun-maker-cody-wilson-crowdfunding-dark-wallet

Amir Taaki is Terrahash right  Huh

100% not the same people!!

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:12:50 PM

It looked like it in Google,my bad  Embarrassed

zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:38:47 AM

Well, it's been another month of payroll for TH with our $.
gbx

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:08:35 AM

Terrahash : you really hurt me. I gave you $4125, you wont even respond to any messages. I payed via bank wire transfer so I am screwed. I have reported you to state level consumer protection agencies, as well as the Federal Trade Commision. I have send multiple emails, you haven't responded to any. Your phone number is not even working anymore. I am a person and you stole money from me. I am a person and you hurt me. You made me suffer, you brought pain onto me.

You sit at your desk trying to make more moves, rather than clean up the mess you have made.  Your reputation in the bitcoin world is total crap, mostly due to lack of communication. Your company is 'disolving'... where did my money go? Send it back to me. Where did my money go? You can't take my money and invest it, that is fraud. You have to deliver a product within a certain date, when the product that has been paid for does not show up, that is fraud.  I have asked you on more than one occasion for a refund and you have not givin me one, that is fraud. You took my money with no intention of ever giving me anything, that is fraud.

I sat and tried to be patient, I tried not to say mean or hurtful things about you hoping that you would try to make this right. You took my money. Well Terrahash, you commited fraud, and you stole my money. I hope I will get my money back and I hope you rot in jail like you deserve.... but those are dreams.

Funny how if you walk into a supermarket and steal some steak (or anything), you'll get caught and go to jail.  This guy is walking around free as a bird.  Amir - you should be in prison!!!!

I'd highly advise anyone who has suffered a loss from this character, to contact the following.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/white_collar

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Start putting the pressure on this chump.  The more time that passes, the less likely you are to see results.
Shimple

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:32:47 AM

Funny how if you walk into a supermarket and steal some steak (or anything), you'll get caught and go to jail.  This guy is walking around free as a bird.  Amir - you should be in prison!!!!

I'd highly advise anyone who has suffered a loss from this character, to contact the following.

Start putting the pressure on this chump.  The more time that passes, the less likely you are to see results.

The crap doesnt work. they are bankrupt. the law cant even get them now... it is what it is. Fucking bullshit
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:13:53 AM

Hi all, finally on board here so I can ask my fellow TH victims:

1. has anyone actually got their paypal refund? i tried the previously posted advice and paypal are stonewalling me with the 45 day thing. I mentioned others got a refund and it got their attention, but if i had some examples of other cases it would bolster my case i think.

2. id like to start a collective course of action against terrahash. if we club together to do something and use a % of the collective refund amount to fund any action, it would be more effective than solo action. ie i was only stung for a $950 board, i dont think im going to see a 50% refund, and from what i hear around these parts, Amir and co prob still have our BTC and theyre worth more than enough now to cover us all. I for one would be happy to give 5% of my $950 to do something about this, rather than hope for half of that to never arrive.

So, would be in? Suggestions on what kind of action and other aspects welcome (no, not considering silk road style 'hit' on him!).

1. Some have gotten lucky past 45 days, but at this point I'm willing to bet TH owes paypal money.  Hard to get it at this point, a lot of luck.

2. Sadly i think a class action suit will be hard to organize.   Most will have more luck as individual.  But a class action would be final blow for them to actually close shop.

1. but i heard their pp account was frozen at some stage, do we know if it was unfrozen? if its still frozen then he cant move the payments so theres still a chance of pp directly refunding.

2. if collective legal action isnt worth it maybe we all hire a hacker to crack open his btc wallet:) whatever we can do i think we should do sooner rather than later because a, there might still be a chance of getting our 'dues', the longer we wait the less chance of anything and b, doing nothing is basically accepting it (something i dont think we should do until we at least know the status of amir and his legal situation and where the moniez is at!!)

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
pleasuretek

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:58:51 PM

I have already filed a case with both of them as well as my local state (Oregon, which there is one other complaint from Oregon as well). I have submitted copies of all reciepts and filled out all the paperwork. I have also filed with the FTC.

If terrahash would just communicate what they are doing for their customers then I would not be upset. I understand that engineering these miners is very difficult. I wish they would let us know how and where they are spending my money, and how they are going to give me $4000 of value for the $4000 cash I gave to them almost 6 months ago.
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: