Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:57:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101106 times)
mark.goodbye

Activity: 160
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 07:44:59 AM

Is it possible to make also auto switching in afterburner?

Wanna know more about cryptocurrency? Check my blog - https://usehodl.com
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:46:02 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 12:32:59 PM by TeamWinMiner

UPDATE: payment confirmation times on the Bitcoin network seem to be back to normal (August 17)

Payment confirmations on the Bitcoin network are extremely slow due to Bitcoin Network loads

Since July the Bitcoin network is experiencing heavy load causing a surge in the number of unconfirmed transactions, this became even more painful since August 14th (we have seen transactions being delayed by the Bitcoin network for over 48 hours now)...
See the graph of unconfirmed transactions here - https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#30d  .

The load on the Bitcoin network causes transactions with low transactions fees to be pushed back on the queue and high transaction fee deals get prioritized.
As a result WinMiner withdrawals in BTC (which are using a relatively low transaction fee) take longer than usual to confirm.

Any WinMiner withdrawal transaction made and not yet confirmed can be seen by searching for the transaction number on sites like https://blockchain.info/ .    Such transaction will be confirmed as the load on the Bitcoin network eases up. There is nothing we can do to speed this up or cancel the transaction – these are the rules and the nature of the Bitcoin network.

To assist users who insist on Bitcoin withdrawals and are willing to pay a higher transfer fee (which will put the transaction in high priority and shorten the expected confirm time) we are working on offering an option to opt into a fast, high commission transaction.

So what does that mean to you:

If you already made a withdrawal in Bitcoin and it is still unconfirmed – Patience is the only remedy.

If you are about to make a withdrawal you should consider the following:
1.   Withdrawal in ETH gets a much faster confirmation
2.   Withdrawals in BTC:
- Make a withdrawal and wait for the network confirmation
- Wait for the high transfer fee and priority solution
- Write to support[at]winminer.com and ask for a manual BTC withdrawal using high transfer fee.
3.   Withdraw using one of the other payment methods – e.g. PayPal

Hope this helps
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:31:15 AM

Would it be possible for the miner to have a toggleable to not count the computer as idle if streams/videos are running? It's a bit annoying to have the "Miner will start in 10 seconds" popup right in front of my video on my HTPC.
Good point. Thanks for sending.
Added to the wish list  Smiley
leojoyms

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:30:02 PM

I just made a $ 10 cashout for my btc wallet, but I received only 0.00221151 btc which gives around $ 9.34. In this case I only pay the 3% fee? Or has transfer rate Huh

From first post of the topic.

FEES
WinMiner charges 3%, other fees e.g. miner fees exchange fees payment method fees, if exist, are not included.

I am a beginner in mining, I understood that besides the fee paid plus a btc transfer fee. thank´s
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:30:00 PM

We have a new release for you - v1.73a

- Signatum coin is now supported :-)
- Machine name filter added on statistics page

Enjoy!

A couple of personal thanks and reminders:

does this miner include signatum coin?
Few ideas for you to improve things.
2 Incorprate new miner for new algo Signatum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2030529.0

Thank you guys! Keep on the great feedback and ideas!

….
Could you please add following features:
…method for showing worker stats is the most important,,,,
Any chance the website will be able to do a bit more advanced statistics in the future?
At a minimum, assign worker ID's and see how much/day each system is actually generating
….

5) Is there have any possibility to see WorkerID " Machine Name" status on the web or somewhere else?

Thank you! We know you wanted more comprehensive data for each Worker (and we are working on it for you)… but hey, this is a start..   Smiley

thaskunk

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:34:31 AM

Can I connect a non-windows worker to a specific pool? I've got something else in the works that won't run windows and was wondering if you had anything for some of the dedicated linux builds out there...
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:35:36 PM

Payment confirmations on the Bitcoin network are extremely slow due to Bitcoin Network loads..
Good news - Transactions confirmation time on the Bitcoin networks seem to be back to normal  Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:48:46 PM

Can I connect a non-windows worker to a specific pool? I've got something else in the works that won't run windows and was wondering if you had anything for some of the dedicated linux builds out there...
Sorry, but at the moment our pools do not support external mining software integration. Perhaps down the road.. Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:08:17 PM

WinMiner will optimize profits per machine by making sure it gets the work that delivers the highest payout for the specific machine. If you use afterburner to drive up the performance of your machine and then run WinMiner, the optimization will take into account the boosted performance and you will enjoy higher profits.
Hope this helps  Smiley
universalresonance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:49:07 PM

WinMiner will optimize profits per machine by making sure it gets the work that delivers the highest payout for the specific machine. If you use afterburner to drive up the performance of your machine and then run WinMiner, the optimization will take into account the boosted performance and you will enjoy higher profits.
Hope this helps  Smiley

Maybe I don't have the settings nailed down but even now v1.73  -

It changes coins- for example- ETH is best profitable coin- yet after a while it'll switch to something lower. How does it reckon to drop from $3 a day to $1.92 is a good idea?

Can we fix something on our end or is your programming needs to be optimized?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:04:08 PM

Thanks for sending this important feedback, and yes it does sound wrong..
It will be really great if you could send us the log files so we can trace down what went wrong (Help > Send Error Report; and please write your nickname)
We promise to look at it asap  Smiley
universalresonance

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:46:37 PM

Thanks for sending this important feedback, and yes it does sound wrong..
It will be really great if you could send us the log files so we can trace down what went wrong (Help > Send Error Report; and please write your nickname)
We promise to look at it asap  Smiley

Just did , same username as here.

Once again-thank you for bringing something like this in the equation.

I hope you optimize it further for nVidia cards -possibly have different clients for AMD vs nVidia.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:52:45 PM

It will be really great if you could send us the log file...
I hope you optimize it further for nVidia cards -possibly have different clients for AMD vs nVidia.

Ok, we went over the logs  Smiley

First, a couple of words on how WinMiner optimizes profits and on the volatile environment we all operate in –

(1)    Volatility – the two major factors affecting the profit shown per coin is (i) price and (ii) mining difficulty. Both are very volatile (especially the difficulty in certain coins e.g. SIGT – which is one of the coins you were mining per the logs). To understand the magnitude of volatility we would just say that seeing the profit drop by 80% and/or double within a minute is not uncommon.
This alone could explain switching to a lower profit coin, so if mining is at, let’s say, 3$/day one minute and the next minute due to surging difficulty the very same coin would profit just 1.5$/day, then switching to the next best coin at 2.4$/day would be the right thing to do.

But there is more  Smiley..

(2)    Benchmarking – testing of all mining options is fundamental. In WinMiner we introduced a next generation benchmarking, called Express, which incorporates crowd wisdom while also enjoying the full benefits of all options benchmarking to achieve great performance out of the box.
We do that by testing the top performing options, based on other users work choice on similar machines, and then periodically (every 30 mins) test another option until all options are tested (we of course continue price monitoring and benchmarking continuously).

Your logs show that you were on Express benchmarking (which is the default) which could explain a quick benchmark option test every 30 mins or so until benchmarking is complete.

Lastly, we are working to enhance our nVidia miners and profit options. The same optimization algo would max profits for both AMD users and nVidia users in the same way, so without a significant benefit creating separate versions for AMD users and for nVidia users is probably just more overhead..

Sorry for the lengthy response…we wanted you to have all the info..

Thanks for using WinMiner, for the warm words and keep on sending feedback.   ​
universalresonance

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

First, a couple of words on how WinMiner optimizes profits and on the volatile environment we all operate in –

(1)    Volatility – the two major factors affecting the profit shown per coin is (i) price and (ii) mining difficulty. Both are very volatile (especially the difficulty in certain coins e.g. SIGT – which is one of the coins you were mining per the logs). To understand the magnitude of volatility we would just say that seeing the profit drop by 80% and/or double within a minute is not uncommon.
This alone could explain switching to a lower profit coin, so if mining is at, let’s say, 3$/day one minute and the next minute due to surging difficulty the very same coin would profit just 1.5$/day, then switching to the next best coin at 2.4$/day would be the right thing to do.

But there is more  Smiley..

(2)    Benchmarking – testing of all mining options is fundamental. In WinMiner we introduced a next generation benchmarking, called Express, which incorporates crowd wisdom while also enjoying the full benefits of all options benchmarking to achieve great performance out of the box.
We do that by testing the top performing options, based on other users work choice on similar machines, and then periodically (every 30 mins) test another option until all options are tested (we of course continue price monitoring and benchmarking continuously).

Your logs show that you were on Express benchmarking (which is the default) which could explain a quick benchmark option test every 30 mins or so until benchmarking is complete.

Lastly, we are working to enhance our nVidia miners and profit options. The same optimization algo would max profits for both AMD users and nVidia users in the same way, so without a significant benefit creating separate versions for AMD users and for nVidia users is probably just more overhead..

Sorry for the lengthy response…we wanted you to have all the info..

Thanks for using WinMiner, for the warm words and keep on sending feedback.   ​

Thank you for a swift and descriptive response.

I hope you can add Alexis miner , it's very good for Skein.

Also, once you get big hit-don't forget us Alpha users!

Keep up the good work.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:39:45 PM

Dear Team,
Thanks for your efforts.  I have a question regarding payments.
Lets say i have midded XMR equal to 5usd for today and 1XMR is 10usd.

If I continue to keep money on the wallet as USD what would be if 1 XMR is increised to 20usd tomorrow? Or if could be reverse.
Thanks for using WinMiner and for the important question.

The short answer is that WinMiner base currency is USD and therefore the balance that you see (in USD) is protected. No matter what happens to the coin you mined, goes up or crashes down, the balance remains.

The longer answer is that the Winminer premise is  "make it simple" (one click is all it takes - it will analyze your hardware, bring the best miner software, dynamically decide whats best to mine at every single moment, collect the money, and hand it over to you) but just as important is reliability and trustworthiness - that is why we chose to make USD the base currency of WinMiner - so that when you see the balance amount in WinMiner you can be sure that this is your true balance and not something that can shrink tomorrow with a coin price drop.

Having said that, at the request of WinMiner users on this forum, to whom we are grateful, we are working on adding the ability for each user to choose a different base currency for himself - so stay tuned  Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:51:47 PM

.......   ​
Thank you for a swift and descriptive response.
I hope you can add Alexis miner , it's very good for Skein.
Also, once you get big hit-don't forget us Alpha users!
Keep up the good work.

You are very welcome.

Skein - we are adding more coins all the time, the latest one being Skunk for Signatum, and Skein is definitely on the list. Thanks for sharing this info.

Alpha users - We love you guys and we are committed to show our love in more measurable ways than just words.. Smiley Stay tuned..
thaskunk

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:22:41 AM

LOVE that you're working to allow us to adjust our base coin - that will allow me to not feel a need to 'cash-out' every time I hit the minimum.

One other request that I *think* should be relatively simple - Could you make a field that shows the total a machine *should* make in a day as it's currently configured? You already have the amounts listed next to each device, but simply putting a sum for the machine next to the 'system' line at the top would be nice. Yes, I can do the math myself, but I'm trying to set up multiple machines and having at-a-glance type information would be helpful.

I'll be doing my first dedicated build for this pool in the coming week.
rdd

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:39:22 AM

Hello,
trying WinMinner couple of days- it's ok--- BUT...today was my 1st widthdrawal...

Amount: 10$ = 0.0023756 BTC
WinMiner fees: 0.00007126 BTC
Transaction fees: 0.0001 BTC

this is a exchange kurs BTC/USD 4209.46 $ !!!
since today high is about 4116.96 (while writing this) USD (kraken)

my question is - what exchange rate is your using guys with withdrawal moment ?

olddarkstar

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:56:54 AM

Dear Winminer Team,
to keep this project profitable for your users I would sugest a minimum profit switch in the software.
Since Energy costs are extremly different for your users the user should be able to select a minimum profit.
as example user sets 1.50$ as minimum profit so the winminer software stays idle under 1.50$ after benchmarking till profit chances rise above 1.50$
Best regards and thank you for all your time you invested so far
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:52:46 PM

Hello,
trying WinMinner couple of days- it's ok--- BUT...today was my 1st widthdrawal...
my question is - what exchange rate is your using guys with withdrawal moment ?
Thanks for using WinMiner and for the feedback.
WinMiner base currency is USD, that means that the balance you see in your account is guaranteed against fluctuations in price of digital coins. For this purpose we keep your balance in USD.
When you choose a method in which you wish to withdraw your funds we take the balance (in USD) and make the required actions needed to enable the withdrawal. In the case of a BTC withdrawal we need to exchange the USD amount into BTC this exchange entails a fee that in many cases does not come in the form of a "fee" but rather embedded in the exchange rate.

At the request of our users, we are now working on adding a feature that will allow users to choose the base currency of WinMiner, that way, you will be able, if you so wish, to keep your balance in BTC and withdraw in BTC without exchange fees.

Hope this clarifies  Smiley     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: