Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:13:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101106 times)
skyviper80

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:02:33 AM

I think I'm done with Winminer for a few days till they sort out idle business. GTX1080 rig, gone idle. I can't keeping manning rigs to make a buck..

You have several posts to try and responded to so I'll try and help as much as possible.

For the idle mining can you verify what mining mode you are running under, automatic, manual, farm. Automatic mode will mine as long as it detects that your system is idle for the allotted time, default 5 min. If it's a dedicated rig this in my experience is the worst mode to run in. Manual mode you hit start and it will mine until you hit stop, for mixed use machines this is the ideal mode in my experience. Farm mode is the best for running a dedicated mining rig.

You stated you were getting disconnect messages. Did you have the option to show command screen enabled and received the error there? If yes do you know what coin it was mining? Did you send an email to support at WinMiner.com to alert them of the outage? If/when a pool goes offline the system will retry automatically and move to a new pool after x number of attempts. If you are like me, you are impatient and don't want to wait for the x number to happen. In this scenario it's best to go into the coin tab and choose manual and deselect the coin that is currently offline, don't forget to re-enable it after the pool is back up though. If you sent an email to support they normally respond to let you know the pool is back up and thank you for reporting it.

I can't give you any advice on why you can only mine for 10-15 min as we have many machines that have been running WinMiner for months without issues. I'd see if you can narrow it down to a specific miner, coin, or if it's a process running on your computer.
GetDatEth

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:22:13 AM

I think I'm done with Winminer for a few days till they sort out idle business. GTX1080 rig, gone idle. I can't keeping manning rigs to make a buck..

You have several posts to try and responded to so I'll try and help as much as possible.

For the idle mining can you verify what mining mode you are running under, automatic, manual, farm. Automatic mode will mine as long as it detects that your system is idle for the allotted time, default 5 min. If it's a dedicated rig this in my experience is the worst mode to run in. Manual mode you hit start and it will mine until you hit stop, for mixed use machines this is the ideal mode in my experience. Farm mode is the best for running a dedicated mining rig.

You stated you were getting disconnect messages. Did you have the option to show command screen enabled and received the error there? If yes do you know what coin it was mining? Did you send an email to support at WinMiner.com to alert them of the outage? If/when a pool goes offline the system will retry automatically and move to a new pool after x number of attempts. If you are like me, you are impatient and don't want to wait for the x number to happen. In this scenario it's best to go into the coin tab and choose manual and deselect the coin that is currently offline, don't forget to re-enable it after the pool is back up though. If you sent an email to support they normally respond to let you know the pool is back up and thank you for reporting it.

I can't give you any advice on why you can only mine for 10-15 min as we have many machines that have been running WinMiner for months without issues. I'd see if you can narrow it down to a specific miner, coin, or if it's a process running on your computer.

I had it on Auto, will try manual. From the description, I think it will resolve that issue.

The random GPU dying may have been a result of not setting the PCIe speeds to Gen1/2.. testing now. But it seems with the blockchain drivers, it'll olnly allow max of 4 cards running on Gen 3.
GetDatEth

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:19:23 PM

I had it on Auto, will try manual. From the description, I think it will resolve that issue.

The random GPU dying may have been a result of not setting the PCIe speeds to Gen1/2.. testing now. But it seems with the blockchain drivers, it'll olnly allow max of 4 cards running on Gen 3.

Update: Setting to manual resolved issue or idling.

Changing PCIe to Gen 2 speeds resolved issue of cards randomly dying.

Thanks all
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:27:27 PM

very interesting post. Still, Idle mode is a bit of a hit and a miss. My laptop has a built in i7 GPU by Intel which is the one I use for everything except games and the 1050Ti and sometimes I am using the computer -though not the 1050Ti 'cos it is not the main GPU- and it is when it works in a more stable manner. As soon as I get away from the computer, most of the time it just remains iddle.

Some extra suggestions... Aside from the fact of having the possibility to choose your favourite coin to mine by device (CPU and GPU, or even amongst GPUs -but maybe that's just complex-), which I consider a MUST have...

It would be nice to have the programs main Settings function of the actual app in the web, so you can choose the coins manually on the web dashboard, switch from Idle to Manuel or Farm mode, etc etc
midozido

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:34:59 PM

Can winminer do dual mining?
And why does it only mine etn on my rig is it most profitable or should i choose which to mine?
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:09:47 PM

Can winminer do dual mining?
And why does it only mine etn on my rig is it most profitable or should i choose which to mine?
yes, it always do dual mining -CPU and GPU- by default? You can choose with which devices to mine.

As for ETN, it has been by far the most profitable coin today. I've beaten my best profitability rates til now.
OninLoki

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:53:42 AM

I want to try this up but winminer  always intercepted by my antivirus and the .exe is delete after the promt. any help on this one I'm using portable version
xixou

Activity: 152
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:00:02 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 09:31:11 AM by xixou

Can we select wich gpu will mine? Like nicehash2.
Yes we can.
Great tool.
edit: partial gpu selection is not supported at the moment ...
Panto

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:34:16 PM

I want to try this up but winminer  always intercepted by my antivirus and the .exe is delete after the promt. any help on this one I'm using portable version

Yeah I have the same issue with bitdefender free. And there is no way to add a specific adresse on my harddrive to the exclusion. So I always have to turn off bitdefender when running winminer, really really unfortunate. I guess that's the limit of the free bitdefender version.

I haven't been mining in many many years, it's nice to just have a program setup everything, instead of using cfgminer(whcih was also fun but sometimes frustrating).
ramsan1

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:22:39 PM

Hi,

I cannot create password, any clue? what problem is going on with your platform?
Got this message when trying:

Email validated, please set your password:
Server error, please try again later

Huh

Help, please...
midozido

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:15:09 PM

Will you support paying in other currencies such as Etn and xrp?
And if if left my money in your balance for like a month and the currency i was mining got higher will you do the same to my balance?
bondisdead

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:20:06 PM

I am new to mining, so have a newbie question! I have six GTX 1070 GPUs. I allow WinMiner to select the best coin, and it happens to select ETN. With a slight overclock on the RAM, I get a harshate varying from 610-641 h/s, depending upon the card. The GPU utilization is 100%, however the GPU power is only 45%. This is consistent with KillAWatt, which report 300W for a EVGA 750W PSU being used for three cards. My question is why only 45% power? I used some GTX 1080 Ti GPUs the other day, and they were using 100% power.

Ideas? Is this normal, or is something screwed up in my setup?

TIA
mdatot

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:39:46 PM

I am new to mining, so have a newbie question! I have six GTX 1070 GPUs. I allow WinMiner to select the best coin, and it happens to select ETN. With a slight overclock on the RAM, I get a harshate varying from 610-641 h/s, depending upon the card. The GPU utilization is 100%, however the GPU power is only 45%. This is consistent with KillAWatt, which report 300W for a EVGA 750W PSU being used for three cards. My question is why only 45% power? I used some GTX 1080 Ti GPUs the other day, and they were using 100% power.

TIA
ETN uses the Cryptonight algorithm which is bottlenecked by memory access latency, not by compute speed. Your GPU's compute units are fully utilized technically speaking, but they spend a lot of their time not actually computing but rather waiting for data to be fetched from RAM, so they use far less power than with different algorithms that don't really have the same bottleneck and spend more time actually crunching numbers.
bondisdead

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:53:27 PM

TIA
ETN uses the Cryptonight algorithm which is bottlenecked by memory access latency, not by compute speed. Your GPU's compute units are fully utilized technically speaking, but they spend a lot of their time not actually computing but rather waiting for data to be fetched from RAM, so they use far less power than with different algorithms that don't really have the same bottleneck and spend more time actually crunching numbers.

Thanks so much for the response! I noticed that shortly afterwards, it switched to ZCL, and it was then using 105% of the GPU power and KillAWatt moved up. So your explanation makes total sense. I also bumped up the overclock on the Micron RAM in MSI Afterburner on all six cards, and noticed a boost in hashrate. I got greedy at around 330, but got a BSOD, so settled on 250. It has been stable since.

Thanks!
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:38:34 AM

TIA
That's very interesting to know. I always thought from my experience with 6 Vega 56 that Cryptonight wasnt very demanding -although it produces a lot on the Vegas- and power consumption is kept under control while producing money. Monero in that sense is one of the best cryptocurrencies, imho.
Panto

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:02:41 PM

Meaning ETN isn't that useful to mine?
oportunis

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:14:49 PM

Is WinMiner now working OK? Or do you still get less than on whattomine? I'm currently mining directly because I was losing 40% of profit with WinMiner, but if this is now fixed I would like to return.
mdatot

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:03:47 PM

Meaning ETN isn't that useful to mine?
Other way around, assuming you're paying for power - it's quite attractive to mine compared to other currencies that makes the same amount of money per day, because it requires less power than most of them. Revenue is the same but profit is higher because costs are lower.

Is WinMiner now working OK? Or do you still get less than on whattomine? I'm currently mining directly because I was losing 40% of profit with WinMiner, but if this is now fixed I would like to return.
It works fine but you'll make less than on, say, MiningPoolHub. I recently experimented a bit and concluded that while something like AwesomeMiner that will sometimes tell you you're minding Digibyte-Skein at $9/day is exaggerating by quite a bit, you do make maybe 15-30% more on MPH (hard to tell you exactly how much more because the prices keep fluctuating). As a small-time miner with only one GPU though, I think I'll stay with WinMiner because it's far less hassle and it's much easier just cashing out to PayPal than mucking around with exchanging cryptocurrencies.
TheMightySpud

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:23:26 PM

Bit of a random question, but has anyone elses 'balance' stopped updating?  A little bit concerned tbh, cause mine hasn't moved for several hours.

Thanks
TheMightySpud
GetDatEth

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:09:15 PM

Bit of a random question, but has anyone elses 'balance' stopped updating?  A little bit concerned tbh, cause mine hasn't moved for several hours.

Thanks
TheMightySpud

Same here, balance hasn't updated for over 3 hours
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: