Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:43:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ?  (Read 9180 times)
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:39:26 PM

There are two big problems with bitcoin as a currency, its value is unstable and its transaction processing is too slow. Hopefully transactions become faster than what it is now and  with time the value will be stable, or less volatile.
dejavvu

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:54:35 PM

Yes, you should treat it as an asset. It is no different than commodities such as gold/silver in that regard.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:55:36 PM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
For me I agreed that Bitcoin and other altcoin currencies can be considered as assets. Especially if this assets is producing profit because it is engaged in business type. So meaning it is not just an assets but also your own business also were it can us savings in the future.
jzone23

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:50:51 PM

I could say that bitcoin looking on its nature it is an asset, an intangible asset. It is just like cash but unlike cash it has not physical in nature.  And regarding valuation, bitcoin would be valued on its current market price and like other asset btc could also gain profit/loss due to conversion.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:20:26 PM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

I somewhat agree to this, because I also believe bitcoin is an asset and not a payment facilitator. With the high fees and higher confirmation time, it simply can't replace the fiat in any way. However, since bitcoin is being speculated and played across the world, it is a very good asset to invest in and to hold. Investing in bitcoin can fetch you much higher return than any other conventional investment can do.

The bitcoin is not regulated and also not generated by a backup asset like fiat currency. In most cases, fiat is backed up by gold, which bitcoin is not. Bitcoin is mostly backed up by public trust and can be a disaster anytime. So play with it and save it for future as an investment asset. That's where bitcoin is good at. 
Yeah, I agree with you that bitcoin is just an asset and not a legal currency for smooth business across the world like dollar. Bitcoin can be used as an asset in particular forum. It is also right that it has no anyway of regulation nor generated with some else backup like gold, but this is due to not recognition in rest of the world, yet. Whenever, it gain a strong position and get recognition/legalization position, then it will also be called a currency.
IamHigh

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:30:32 PM

I somewhat agree to this, because I also believe bitcoin is an asset and not a payment facilitator. With the high fees and higher confirmation time, it simply can't replace the fiat in any way. However, since bitcoin is being speculated and played across the world, it is a very good asset to invest in and to hold. Investing in bitcoin can fetch you much higher return than any other conventional investment can do.

The bitcoin is not regulated and also not generated by a backup asset like fiat currency. In most cases, fiat is backed up by gold, which bitcoin is not. Bitcoin is mostly backed up by public trust and can be a disaster anytime. So play with it and save it for future as an investment asset. That's where bitcoin is good at. 
Yeah, I agree with you that bitcoin is just an asset and not a legal currency for smooth business across the world like dollar. Bitcoin can be used as an asset in particular forum. It is also right that it has no anyway of regulation nor generated with some else backup like gold, but this is due to not recognition in rest of the world, yet. Whenever, it gain a strong position and get recognition/legalization position, then it will also be called a currency.

Bitcoin has a niche, not like dollars, euros, gold and other assets. Bitcoin targets only a limited crowd. It can't be used by the entire world. And central organizations will never want to legalize bitcoin because they don't want dollar to lose its value.
TGJJ

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:33:19 PM

for me its an asset. When it is actually used widely as a currency I'll think otheriwse
Esphere.in

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:10:05 PM

There are two big problems with bitcoin as a currency, its value is unstable and its transaction processing is too slow. Hopefully transactions become faster than what it is now and  with time the value will be stable, or less volatile.
It is the case with every asset,the values will go down and up and it all depends upon the market,the volatile nature of bitcoin is really great for day traders to make the maximum amount of money with it and if you know the trick to make money through these volatile market then you can make a good profit.Bitcoin is not just an asset but it is a currency.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:29:33 PM

for me its an asset. When it is actually used widely as a currency I'll think otheriwse
yes bitcoin is an important assets as i have put all my assets in bitcoin and now i am depending for my profit in bitcoin. i am hopeful that bitcoin will give me a good profit after some time.
Zemangat

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:37:51 PM

I agree with what you say. Bitcoin is a good virtual currency for your future assets. If you buy bitcoin at this time. Maybe in the future you will benefit. Bitcoin is also able to be a source of income for you. So you do not have to work. You will get money from bitcoin. I think the number of bitcoin communities makes bitcoin more popular today. And what happens in the future, maybe bitcoin will be a legal currency.
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:48:05 PM

There are a lot of news that comes that are in favor of bitcoin and some are not. It's obvious that bitcoin can be treated as a currency. We can see many things that bitcoin can buy so those people who make those news possibly do not support bitcoin.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1867

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:52:13 PM

I have stumbled upon the same comment. And I have personally observed how it holds some water. But to generalize that bitcoin is just an asset would be to disregard the fact that bitcoin can be used to buy food, clothes, pay an airline ticket, a hotel booking, water and electric bills, and so on and so forth. So why is bitcoin not a currency?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 11:54:17 PM

I agree with what you say. Bitcoin is a good virtual currency for your future assets. If you buy bitcoin at this time. Maybe in the future you will benefit. Bitcoin is also able to be a source of income for you. So you do not have to work. You will get money from bitcoin. I think the number of bitcoin communities makes bitcoin more popular today. And what happens in the future, maybe bitcoin will be a legal currency.

The advantage of bitcoin is like that, initially only as a virtual currency but as volume grows in the trading market, bitcoin is able to fluctuate one level with real estate and even surpass the gold fluctuations. Bitcoin is more complex than fiat.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:07:13 AM

I have stumbled upon the same comment. And I have personally observed how it holds some water. But to generalize that bitcoin is just an asset would be to disregard the fact that bitcoin can be used to buy food, clothes, pay an airline ticket, a hotel booking, water and electric bills, and so on and so forth. So why is bitcoin not a currency?

Bitcoin is a currency, a digital currency. I think with bitcoin used as an asset, we can conclude that bitcoin is not used for buying or payment, but a trade of sort.

Bitcoin is being legalized in most of the countries like Japan and India and it is really hard to cope up with a currency with a high volatility rate, so I think I don't mind being it called asset than currency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Lyancy001

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:57:52 AM

It is not just an asset, someday it will be in our daily lives. The life of a modern world where Bitcoin will be our only currency, supporting all countries in the world.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:47:51 PM

Bitcoin is initially used for online transactions (digital money) so bitcoin is not just an asset but when viewed from the rising selling price, bitcoin can also be used as an investment asset but if you want to create investment assets you have to be patient. Because if you use high-risk short-term investment assets for you.
Because the change in the sale value of bitcoin tends to change rapidly
close up

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:55:22 PM

Counting from 3 years ago bitcoin is a great asset with a considerable increase.
dwieyani

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:26:47 PM

Some people think it's just an asset, some people give meaning as investment.
xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:36:23 PM

I consider bitcoin as a currency now because it is used as a system of money but is a cryptocurrency. So it is actually like a real currency wherein you have to convert the coin to your countries fiat exchange and anything exchanged with money is considered as a currency. Or maybe that's how I think of it.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:26:03 PM

You shouldn't take any advice from the media, they mix up most of the truth to something which isn't real at all. About bitcoin as an asset yes it is also a asset but it doesn't end there with bitcoin you can gamble , transafer this asset to someone anonymously, trading with stocks knows as alts and many more. Ignore the media always google there are various trusted sites out there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: