Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ?  (Read 9180 times)
keithieY5

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:08:27 AM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
bitcoin is more than just asset or currencies. bitcoin changes how we can see to money

it give you full control to your money and how much will send
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:03:15 AM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

Personally for me Bitcoin is a aspect and a currency also. To explain to you, it is an asset if I store my money in it, and I expect it to appreciate. It is a currency for me cause I use it to buy and sell goods and services. So the answer to your question is what would you like it to be. People don't understand it is completely decentralised, strong, so it's the best, it's use depends on person to person.
Yes I agree because if you prefer it as your main job it is very risky because as you can see the bitcoin is unstable and the price is really unpredictable when the price is rising up or even falling down. It is in the matter of pump and dump system. What if bitcoin dies. Where do you get some money for your daily needs. I will only recommend to you to have a field job.
Jeepney_koh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:12:05 AM

Bitcoin can function both as an asset and a currency. If you will use Bitcoin to invest, to buy and to sell, then we could say that it is somewhat a currency. On the other hand, if I will use Bitcoin as my money or I will invest my money in it, then It is an asset. Maybe Bitcoin's views and ideas are depend on the person who use it and how they see it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carcassone

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:16:02 AM

Bitcoin is a new technology, with the blockchain. Bitcoin itself could be interpreted as an asset / commodity/ form of money, because they have "Numbers" you can spend it, you can move it, and the production is strictly regulated.

The really news behind this revolution is the "anonimous" connection between people. I can buy something by xxx in another country and meawhile I have any information about this person (he can create even a new address in a couple of seconds...).
If you link this with a p2p system where there are no "admin" and all people are free to use it without restrictions, yes "the bomb" is here and now we have just see an "appetizer" of the future incoming!

Beehives

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:16:53 AM

Bitcoin is an asset.
Its generates money

https://VividToken.com     |     MAIN NET    >  N O W   L I V E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Marucya

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:38:53 AM

Whoever said anything, and if bitkoyn performs the function of a measure of value and means of payment, it is in any case money. Under the current definition of currency bitkoyn now, of course, does not fall, because when such a definition was drawn up, the crypto currency had not yet existed and no one even thought that in the future there will be digital money. If the crypto currency is recognized in most countries of the world, then the concept of currency will be changed and the currency will be officially recognized as a currency. Therefore while on this occasion it is not necessary to worry.
soulripper

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:41:58 AM

to me it is a money and an asset to be hold on and to be believe at.. already see what it can goes on. i do believe i can get success with bitcoin. just trust my gut.
Farvin2

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:58:53 AM

Now most people use bitcoin only as an investment. For me personally bitcoin just asset, because in my country the Government prohibits the existence of bitcoin, so can not use the bitcoin to buy something.
cen212687

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:25:42 AM

Yes it is an asset that give passive income. But it depends on you on how you' ll gonna manage it. If you are good enough on managing an online cryptocurrency like bitcoin,  then you can generate a generous income in it.
Blue Bell

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:46:05 PM

In my experience I could only tell that bitcoin is just an asset.  Its crazy if you would really use it to buy in transactions.  Aside from being too volatile,  its transaction speed is too slow.  Ive heard UBER will accept btc as payment I dont really. if its true,  but imagine paying bitcoin in a taxi,  and then wait for confirmation before you can go.
No bitcoin is not only asset but its money as well if you want to use bitcoin for your daily needs you can use it such as  food ,clothes and other things you can also pay your bills and if you want to keep it save so it can also help you in your future  so bitcoin can be used in both options hats why everyone they are crazy about it to join and I’m also using both options because it’s very useful  in use so bitcoin is now one of the favorite currency in market.
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:20:02 PM

The main issue is that very few establishments accept bitcoin thus it doesn't have much effect yet in many sectors of the economy. However, in the online market, cryptocurrency have been the star especially to international trades due to its popularity. It's only the connotation of some that thinks that bitcoin is only for investment.
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:10:32 AM

It depends on the people whether they used it as an asset or not. You hold your own bitcoins and it is your right to use it in your own way.
Some used it as a means of payment (think about japan) and some are using it to trade.
Probably yes, it depends on the peole how they treat the bitcoin.
Although this is crytocurrency, some people are still confuse if they will consider as asset or not. There are some countries, bitcoin is now the favorite currency in market, they use it in payment transaction. In fact I reallt like to use it in payment, no hassel and hoping it will happen in my country, because for me bitcoin is asset.
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:08:22 PM

I think bitcoin is not only an asset. It is more than an asset. You can use bitcoin for many transactions too. We can use bitcoin for payment and also for investment. In some countries, you can buy your daily need such food, clothes by bitcoin. The benefit of bitcoin will be different, As user, it just depend on us.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:13:58 PM

In my experience I could only tell that bitcoin is just an asset.  Its crazy if you would really use it to buy in transactions.  Aside from being too volatile,  its transaction speed is too slow.  Ive heard UBER will accept btc as payment I dont really. if its true,  but imagine paying bitcoin in a taxi,  and then wait for confirmation before you can go.

I agree, volatile, slow and the fee is exceptionally higher compared to fiat. I will pick other cryptocurrency any time except there is a case I have no other choice not to use it. It is a good one to be kept as an asset, better than gold, better than stock, even better than property in this overbought property market, atleast in my country. At the end of the day, just buy and hodl Wink

rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:46:55 PM

Bitcoin is not just an asset, it's also a payment system and so on. But, for some countries who banned bitcoin, of course bitcoin only can be used as an asset. But now, it's understandable why people think bitcoin is just an asset. Because most of them, know bitcoin is some kind of investation. They don't even know what cryptocurrency is and such. They only attracted in bitcoin because of the price, that's why people tend to think bitcoin is an asset.

Hopeman1

Activity: 154

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:52:22 PM

That's true, but bitcoin can be a safe-haven asset like gold, because the total amount is certain, so that's the advantage.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
gourish

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:52:28 PM

The underlying asset of bitcoin are users’computing power’developers and its technology because it has no intrinsic value.
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:56:23 PM

Actually Bitcoin is digital currency i hope it's a known thing for everyone.Many people life is depended on BTC & it's such a financial support in poor family.I think that's why BTC play important role like as asset.
syntac

Activity: 338

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:36:08 PM

Bitcoin is not just an asset, bitcoin has the same function and character as real cash money. The difference is only in terms of form, if real money can be metal and paper, bitcoin is only digital.
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:43:19 PM

Gold which is an asset and reserve money for all the fiat currencies such is also BTC and it can`t be used for payments as it is very high in value and it is not suitable for its high fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: