Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:07:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ?  (Read 9180 times)
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:20:22 PM

it is true for now bitcoin has no character and no assets, but bitcoin can still be made in the medium of exchange of goods that we need, for now bitcoin is still a virtual currency there is no possibility of bitcoin to be the currency for us to use for sale several years forward.
Why we need make Bitcoin to become a curreny like other currency on the world? I do not understand that, because we also know the definion and nature of Bitcoin is decentralization => The government cannot control it, how to helps us accept Bitcoin is a currency? Huh

You are contradictory, or you confused yourself in the end. Currency can be centralized or decentralized, bitcoin as it is doesn`t have power in one center. Bitcoin is currency already, you can use it for many different things, someone said if you can use bitcoin to buy marijuana, or some weapons, and in same time to buy house or car legal with bitcoin, that is a full time currency.
Bitcoin can be used as asset or any other kind of investment, but my opinion is that bitcoin is a currency and its better one then traditional ones, that`s why in future bitcoin will be used more and more.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:33:24 PM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

I agree on what the you've said based from the article you've read. Bitcoin is far too volatile in nature because of its decentralization. Yes, currencies (fiat) are volatile but not too volatile like Bitcoin. Let us use a scenario/analogy in order to understand it easily. You bought a product A for $1, the next day you bought another product A and still paid $1 for it. If Bitcoin is to be used, (assume 1BTC=1USD) you paid 1BTC on the first day and on the next day, you might pay 0.5BTC, 2BTC, 1.5BTC or whatever. You see how difficult to pay with Bitcoin.

KennyR

Activity: 2296
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:37:49 PM

it is true for now bitcoin has no character and no assets, but bitcoin can still be made in the medium of exchange of goods that we need, for now bitcoin is still a virtual currency there is no possibility of bitcoin to be the currency for us to use for sale several years forward.
Why we need make Bitcoin to become a curreny like other currency on the world? I do not understand that, because we also know the definion and nature of Bitcoin is decentralization => The government cannot control it, how to helps them accept Bitcoin is a currency? Huh
There is nothing as a compulsion to make bitcoin a currency. The reason why it's been suggested to make use of it as an currency for the circulation of increased volume of bitcoin in the market. This will surely lead to growth in terms of value and user involvement.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:54:20 PM

I think bitcoin is not a currency. But bitcoin is a tool that gives ease in transacting. Although not yet meet the needs of modern economy. But now more and more people are using bitcoin as a tool to transact.
Yes, I don’t see Bitcoin as a real currency, rather as a digital stock/virtual currency that you can invest into for an increase on your money. It’s good for investment, and it’s just the modern gold.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:24:05 PM

Why we need make Bitcoin to become a curreny like other currency on the world? I do not understand that, because we also know the definion and nature of Bitcoin is decentralization => The government cannot control it, how to helps them accept Bitcoin is a currency? Huh
There is nothing as a compulsion to make bitcoin a currency. The reason why it's been suggested to make use of it as an currency for the circulation of increased volume of bitcoin in the market. This will surely lead to growth in terms of value and user involvement.
bitcoin has been, and still is, an experiment. bitcoin might not be the currency of the future, but i believe it certainly is a good first step towards the currency of the future. as we step into a digital age, its fitting that we have a digital currency, and bitcoin is just the first step of trial and error. bitcoin has its flaws; we're seeing that right  now with all the unconfirmed transactions and skyrocketing fees. however, an actual technology, perfected off of what bitcoin has showed us, may very well be the currency our grandchildren will use on a daily basis.

currency by my definition is the legal tender of a nation or state; it does not have to be centralized, it just has to be the nation / state's officially accepted form of currency.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:35:52 PM

Asset with a very high volatility
Too short and incomplete in my opinion! If we look at bitcoins as an asset than it is a precious asset which price keeps on accelerating and can be converted to fiat anytime with ease. If we look at it as a currency, then it reflects the behavior of currency too. You see, it has been accepted as a payment method by many online shops and renowned companies. Direct payment of dues without any conversion makes it money.
Nire_sivad

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:53:57 AM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

Great thread. I was about to post a similair post. The biggest group of uneducated investors in mankind get's a shot to determine the price of a crypto. It's an interesting world we live in.  Besides coinmarketcap.com there is:  https://www.coincheckup.com The site lets you check all there is to know about the team, product, communication transparency, advisors and investment statistics on every crypto. Go to:  https://www.coincheckup.com/coins/Bitcoin#analysis To check  Bitcoin Investment research report.
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:29:36 AM

As long as there are lists of merchants accepting it, which at this point is still growing, bitcoin would continue to exist as both a currency and a store of value. Although bitcoin is still unheard of in many parts of the world, and there are still limited usage for it in everyday shops, we are seeing slow and steady progress towards it being adopted little by little. Maybe twenty years from now would be a better gauge on how bitcoin has fared as a digital currency as there would be more advanced technologies that would help bitcoin be an everyday currency.
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:32:24 AM

Bitcoin at the moment cannot replace currency like FIAT, Bitcoin is an e currency but still not a lot of merchant takes bitcoin as a payment, so for now bitcoin is more than an asset and investment but not regarded as real currency in most country.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:32:52 AM

bitcoin is not just an asset, bitcoin can we use to perform various financial transactions. this is what makes bitcoin very popular today, bitcoin is very profitable if used as an asset and also very easy when using it as a means of financial payment.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:41:32 AM

bitcoin is not just an asset, bitcoin can we use to perform various financial transactions. this is what makes bitcoin very popular today, bitcoin is very profitable if used as an asset and also very easy when using it as a means of financial payment.

Bitcoin is not only one among the two-- asset and currency. Bitcoin can actually be both. It is profitable because the price is rising and therefore bitcoin is getting expensive. As a payment, it is still a sound option because unlike the traditional ways that always go through banks, bitcoin transactions do not. It is direct to the one in transaction with.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:03:29 PM

Bitcoin is not only one among the two-- asset and currency. Bitcoin can actually be both. It is profitable because the price is rising and therefore bitcoin is getting expensive. As a payment, it is still a sound option because unlike the traditional ways that always go through banks, bitcoin transactions do not. It is direct to the one in transaction with.
That is correct, bitcoin is both currency and asset because we can use it to pay the things or services that we buy or bought and we can also do investment and put our money in bitcoin because it is a good place to put our money and it is like a safe haven for our money and it will help us to grow our money into a higher amounts in just a shorter time period.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:09:17 PM

Well technically even cash is considered as an asset. Put it this way anything that is not a liability in your part is an asset for you, that is simple accounting. From investments such as bonds and even a piece of land or anything that has a value for you is considered as an asset. On Bitcoin being a currency I think it is really considered as a currency as it was really built as a currency in the first place. So keep it brief Bitcoin is both an asset and a currency.
erep

Activity: 2296
Merit: 592

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:15:01 PM

Personally I feel all the cryptocurrencies as the future of currency and that's why I never sold any of my altcoins completely. I always hold a minimum of 20% of my bag all the time. You never know which coin will become famous in a store near me.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Kevin13

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:33:35 PM

I think they have a point that they call it just like an asset because if you store it in your wallet or invest it in many exchange site that's merely call an asset but I think it is a currency also for me because I can buy with bitcoin, if I could cashout it then probably I can pay my bills or services. It is on the person if he himself call it an asset or a currency in the first place, but for me I think currency is what is best for bitcoin.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:35:30 PM

bitcoin is already a currency from the start but the difference is that bitcoin is digitalized currency unlike any other and still fulfil the requirement of how a thing can be called a currency. it doesn't matter whether bitcoin is centralized or decentralized it's still currency.
and by the way, there's no need of making bitcoin to become currency since it's already a currency.
micher143

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:40:05 PM

Personally for me Bitcoin is a aspect and a currency also. To explain to you, it is an asset if I store my money in it, and I expect it to appreciate. It is a currency for me cause I use it to buy and sell goods and services. So the answer to your question is what would you like it to be. People don't understand it is completely decentralised, strong, so it's the best, it's use depends on person to person.
The truth is bitcoin can serve as both an a currency and a asset. Because it is a form of crypto-currency that could serve as a good form of future money that is capable on dealing with transaction through out the web. And as we going to deal with investmenrs and trading we could personally used bitcoin as a form of a good asset for us to have a profit.
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:19:47 PM

bitcoin is already a currency from the start but the difference is that bitcoin is digitalized currency unlike any other and still fulfil the requirement of how a thing can be called a currency. it doesn't matter whether bitcoin is centralized or decentralized it's still currency.
and by the way, there's no need of making bitcoin to become currency since it's already a currency.
Yes of course bitcoin is a big asset, and one can increase his assets by selling and purchasing bitcoin. In this way he may be the richest man. The more the assets have the more the high slandered have. But bitcoin is more than an asset, like one can use it like paper money although it is not a paper money but it works better than paper money, because paper money cannot be used outside the country except dollar.
Captimiz

Activity: 130

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:30:35 PM

I think it's close to a currency then an asset, as there is nothing physical to hold but Bitcoins have very high liquidity making it a suitable currency. It is also a very good investment at the moment as the prices keep rising.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:36:52 PM

I think bitcoin is not a currency. But bitcoin is a tool that gives ease in transacting. Although not yet meet the needs of modern economy. But now more and more people are using bitcoin as a tool to transact.
Yes, I don’t see Bitcoin as a real currency, rather as a digital stock/virtual currency that you can invest into for an increase on your money. It’s good for investment, and it’s just the modern gold.

I don't think there is any controversy concerning which category bitcoin belongs to as everybody have the right to give it an interpretation of what it is at the moment but what is important is being flexible about it in the sense that, why I see everybody assuming its an asset is because it cannot be exhcanged for goods or services but at the same time that won't last for long as we are gradually moving to that point which means when that is settled quite a number of people will shif tent to the other side.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: