Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:03:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ?  (Read 9180 times)
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:45:30 PM

An asset is anything that has value and Bitcoins as a cryptocurrency has a monetary value so I consider bitcoins as an asset but a risky asset and I only allocate funds that I can afford to lose to invest in it. However the gains are much higher than I can afford to lose.

Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:12:21 PM

For some people, yes bitcoin is just an asset for them but for most of the people here in the world of cryptocurrency, bitcoin is not just an asset because it is also a money where they can use to do transactions like payment online or payment for the things that they will buy in the real world by just finding a seller that accept bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:42:06 PM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
They are lying is that simple, never believe everything you hear out there, most of the time it is just a bunch of lies if you do not believe me watch the commercials for 2 minutes if you really take the time to analyze the commercial you can easily find 5 to 10 lies in each commercial.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:42:22 PM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

That's true.
From the beginning I joined the Bitcointalk Forum, I have learnt a lot of new things and produced some novel findings, which have important implications in the crypto world. One of them is "Bitcoin isn't currency" but that's a store of value (asset), because bitcoin does not have the fundamental attributes.
sjdaqwx878

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:59:58 PM

Bitcoin is not just an asset, more and more people learn about bitcoin and bitcoin is growing very fast in price
Tonydman97

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:25:32 PM

Bitcoin can be used as currency in daily use. But due to its high transaction fee and long transaction confirmation time, bitcoin is difficult to be used as a currency for daily payments.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:27:39 PM

Bitcoin has value as a liquid asset, something you can exchange and use as means of payment. If it is just a digital token like any other, it will be very susceptible to price variations that could bring it down to zero once people stop attributing it a positive value.
benalexis12

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 09:30:02 PM

BItcoin is not just and asset but an internet of things, a digital asset, it can be use for currency and pay for goods and commodities. what i love for bitcoin is i highly recommend this because its an asset for technology for the future use and can be done in the blockchain, a back p of central bankers.

webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:08:29 PM

Of course bitcoin more than an asset ..as a source of income like other currencies fast and unlimited transactions.a very good asset for investment and future business Kiss Smiley
alphacoco

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:14:19 PM

Bitcoin is not just an asset, bitcoin has the same function and character as real cash money. The difference is only in terms of form, if real money can be metal and paper, bitcoin is only digital.

Agreed. But I still think someone will come up with a better coin than bitcoin. Bitcoin just doesn't do anything well. Slow, expensive, small supply. I just wish it didn't have so much media behind it and we could educate the general population

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:15:16 PM

I would say no, bitcoin would not be place as an asset, I would rather to
say bitcoin is an token or crypto coin. if you are planning not to use your
bitcoin well you can keep it as an asset.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
sheamus10

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:29:46 PM

bitcoin is an invisible asset but has its own price, so bitcoin is a modern asset that you can use for buying and selling so it is very profitable. although it has no characteristics but bitcoin have the selling value high.
MrJake

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 12:05:23 AM

it is an asset which means that it has a value. No matter what they say about it not being true or just a virtual thing, it still has a value that's why it is a success right now. It is an asset which means that it has a value because it is being used right now.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|[/center
Prk_7

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:09:18 AM

For me Bitcoin definitely is an asset with high level of profit in less time  it helps as a secondary source of income. Personally if you believe that it'll be accepted as a currency than it's totally your call
googlebtc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:28:32 AM

I think Bitcoin is more than just an asset. It works very well as a specialized currency in the online marketplace. If I start an online business, I doubt if I can make a payment with another type of asset except in bitcoin. It qualifies bitcoin as currency. I agree at this time we can not make instant transactions with bitcoin as required in everyday life. But we'll get there too. Because bitcoin is growing for that I can not say for sure what bitcoin is. can only say. For me, bitcoin is the currency, because if you can buy something with it, and for me it is the currency. But not many places where I can spend the cost, so I turn it into a fiat.
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:41:54 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin is not just a property but a currency. bitcoin is growing and some countries have accepted it, it has been allowed to use for sale in daily transactions.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
greenbitsgm

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:46:38 AM

For me bitcoin represent both as an asset and at the same time a currency.If you buy bitcoin using your own money or earned bitcoin from any means and you hold that bitcoin,it become your investment and because it has value which is becoming higher and higher then it become your asset. It is a currency because it has value and you can use it to buy and pay anything that accept it that's why it's called virtual currency.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:04:48 PM

It is also a currency but mostly considered an asset. Still few transactions accepts bitcoin as a currency. It cost high transaction fees and it is volatile unlike the real world currency
Bitcoin is something having multiple advantages and it can be used for several ways. Right now, it is most commonly used as an asset and people are taking it as a very good way of investing their money. However, it can also be used as currency and you can buy several things using bitcoin. Though the usage of bitcoin is not common from spending point of view but you can expect things to get better in the days to come.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:49:22 PM

That's true, but bitcoin can be a safe-haven asset like gold, because the total amount is certain, so that's the advantage.
Right now that is just a theory, we know that people use bitcoin like that in countries where there is an economic crisis, but what it is going to happen if the whole system collapses? That is something we do not know and we are not going to find out until it happens.
yantorobi

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:15:28 PM

bitcoin can be an asset and also other functions so that until now have a high interest and we should be grateful for the blessings of God because it has been given a very big favor so that we can feel this pleasure
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: