Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:13:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ?  (Read 9180 times)
SABRINA-ANTO

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:01:41 AM

I think bitcoin is not a currency. But bitcoin is a tool that gives ease in transacting. Although not yet meet the needs of modern economy. But now more and more people are using bitcoin as a tool to transact.

I agree with you, Bitcoin is not a currency but I think Bitcoin is an asset. Although there are many people who can betransaksi using bitcoin. I think it is too difficult if bitcoin becomes currency because it will create instability in the country's economy and the country's currency will not be the hallmark of the country.
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:59:02 AM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
Bitcoin is truly an asset because in bitcoin you can have so much money.Bitcoin can able to make your financial status becomes higher and higher and make your time and effort productive and can make your lufe meaningful.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:40:22 AM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

For now bitcoin is a very valuable asset and has large contribution in the economic changes of its users.
This is certainly due to effect of bitcoin volatility on the real currency is very high, so the function of bitcoin that started as digital currency has now turned into valuable asset.
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:11:44 AM

Yes. It's really an asset but still it can also be used as a currency. Many people are starting to use it as tool for paying goods, services and other things that they buy online. More and more companies are starting to accept bitcoin so it can really  be treated as money.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:17:56 AM

btc is used as payment in many stablishment nowadays. the main purpose of money or currency is to provide payment in exchange of goods or services. btc is a currency understand?

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:18:57 AM

I like to think of Bitcoin as both; an asset and a currency. At the moment, the media is mostly right. Bitcoin does act like an asset; a very volatile asset I may mention. Bitcoin is not accepted as a payment is most stores. I guess Japan is the exception to that, but in Australia, Bitcoin is not highly utilised as payment. I cannot use Bitcoin as a payment method for most activities such as buying groceries and the like. The main reason for this is what I mentioned before. Bitcoin price is extremely volatile making it a very bad currency. Thus Bitcoin becomes more of a asset. However, I have to add that Bitcoin is still accepted by a few merchants. These few vendors are the entities who uphold Bitcoin as a currency. Otherwise, Bitcoin would be purely an asset like gold.
Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:12:58 AM

I would have to say that bitcoin is a bit of both, a currency and an asset. Bitcoin certainly shows more signs of an asset as an investment.
Today, bitcoin is mostly used for trading for altcoins and vice versa. The reasons for this is that as stated by ObscurePen, bitcoin is not yet accepted in many stores throughout the countries, except with an occasional exception. However, this is soon to change as I am sure more and more businesses will start to accept bitcoin as a payment method for their customers. 
GlassMaster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:21:18 AM

Bitcoin is something between the currency and the asset. With the help of it you can earn both when investing in precious metals, but they can also be paid as a regular currency.

qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:35:50 AM

I like to think of Bitcoin as both; an asset and a currency. At the moment, the media is mostly right. Bitcoin does act like an asset; a very volatile asset I may mention. Bitcoin is not accepted as a payment is most stores. I guess Japan is the exception to that, but in Australia, Bitcoin is not highly utilised as payment. I cannot use Bitcoin as a payment method for most activities such as buying groceries and the like. The main reason for this is what I mentioned before. Bitcoin price is extremely volatile making it a very bad currency. Thus Bitcoin becomes more of a asset. However, I have to add that Bitcoin is still accepted by a few merchants. These few vendors are the entities who uphold Bitcoin as a currency. Otherwise, Bitcoin would be purely an asset like gold.

Just to add, bitcoin may be considered as an asset due to the long-term investments of its price by taking advantage of its volatility but it is more than just an asset. To give you an example, bitcoin provides windows of opportunity to people who are either employed, unemployed, underemployed, and even students due to the campaign signatures preset around the forum. Another thing, on some wallets there is an option for you to pay your monthly obligations using bitcoin and this provides convenience to all people who utilize this option.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:45:02 AM

Bitcoin is multi-faceted,

it provides a means for people to store their "wealth" or
part of it where traditionally precious metals were used
and still are for this purpose.

I is also used as a trading item, either to other currencies
FIAT and Crypto and also to purchase and sell goods
online and in some countries in physical shops, markets,
Restaurants etc.

Bitcoin is also seen by some as a "get rich quick" tool  Grin

So yes it has many uses

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:58:28 AM

Yes. It's really an asset but still it can also be used as a currency. Many people are starting to use it as tool for paying goods, services and other things that they buy online. More and more companies are starting to accept bitcoin so it can really  be treated as money.
If call Bitcoin is an asset, I think it like stock than asset as Gold or Real Estate, because the volatility of Bitcoin very strong and make us surprise any time. Interesting point of Bitcoin is the price fluctuations and it not reasonable if call is an asset.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████