Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ?  (Read 9180 times)
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:58:51 AM

I think yes,because bitcoins is not made for that thing bitcoins is made for financial freedom and not for being a legal currency in the future,its just an asset i think andwhat you said is right

You really have to think wrong, take a look at the fact that bitcoin has been accepted in so many countries, bitcoin was actually a coin. However, it is still not really stable, it needs more time.

luckylucky

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:31:31 AM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

Personally for me Bitcoin is a aspect and a currency also. To explain to you, it is an asset if I store my money in it, and I expect it to appreciate. It is a currency for me cause I use it to buy and sell goods and services. So the answer to your question is what would you like it to be. People don't understand it is completely decentralised, strong, so it's the best, it's use depends on person to person.

Agree with me, bitcoin for me is aspect and also currency, so i hold on bitcoin
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:44:09 AM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
Bitcoin can be really act as an asset but at the same time as a currency type. It act as an asset it term that we store and keep on holding it while waiting for the price pump to change it into cash wherein we use to buy goods. For some countries where bitcoin has already been legalized it is used as a type of currency wherein it is already accepted as a way of payment.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:17:26 AM

If Bitcoin is mainly used as a currency to pay for goods and services, it will compete with fiat currency such as the US dollar and thus influence its value and ultimately monetary policy. If, on the other hand, it will mainly be used as an investment, it will compete with other assets such as government bonds, stocks and commodities among others and potentially influence the financial system and financial stability. Whether it is currency or an asset, the potential to influence the economy as a whole depends on the success of Bitcoin or similar alternatives compared to existing currencies and financial assets.                                                                     

Fermin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:43:07 AM

Bitcoin is an asset and like currency also.Bitcoin is an electronic financial mechanism providing features that resemble an established currency system with its own money creation and transaction regime but relies on a decentralized organizational structure. In contrast to the central bank’s discretionary decision making, money creation in the Bitcoin system is transparently realized by a distributed and open algorithm, facilitating the reliability of expectations about the future supply of money.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:16:14 PM

Bitcoin is unique, there's nothing like it in current financial world. It may be true that it doesn't have characteristics of a currency at this moment, but it has the technology that allows it to be used as a currency, and number of businesses already accept it. In many cases it is worse than existing currencies, but people use it because sometimes it's the only choice, or because it's sometimes better (private transactions, overseas transactions, cheaper fees with big payments) In the same time, bitcoin has characteristics of an asset - it's secure to store, has potential to grow, traded on many exchanges, already caught interest of some mainstream investors. 
djoko adi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:21:32 PM

I think bitcoin is more than just an asset. Bitcoin is a precious currency. With bitcoin I was able to make money. Bitcoin can also be used as a means of buying and selling. There are so many companies, stores, or restaurants that accept bitcoin as a means of payment. I am very happy to get to know bitcoin that can be enough for my personal life.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:27:34 PM

People stated bitcoin as many things:
- digital currency
- digital gold
- commodity
- store of value
- asset
- and so on

But I prefer to bitcoin as a medium of exchange, whether you want to exchange it with goods or money and vice versa, it can be done as it happens everyday (maybe). The founder stated bitcoin as A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
You can read this :
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses cryptography to control its creation and management, rather than relying on central authorities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bitcoin
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:34:56 PM

Bitcoin is an asset and like currency also.Bitcoin is an electronic financial mechanism providing features that resemble an established currency system with its own money creation and transaction regime but relies on a decentralized organizational structure. In contrast to the central bank’s discretionary decision making, money creation in the Bitcoin system is transparently realized by a distributed and open algorithm, facilitating the reliability of expectations about the future supply of money.

I am also hoping the same but nowadays seeing the price bitcoin we guys are worry about the fall first. We cannot take bitcoin is like a gold at any time right. If price is the matter for anyone who doesn't know about bitcoin they will sure go to bitcoin but people already be in bitcoin community they will worry about price.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:49:08 PM

To me, Bitcoin is an asset that has a supernatural character. Can not be touched or seen. Maybe the word "supernatural" sounds weird, but it can ease our way of life. And BTC is my asset to my grandchildren in the future.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
iyan33

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:14:42 PM

For me, bitcoin is not just a means of payment transactions but an asset that has an important role in my life, and I have made bitcoin a source of income that certainly helps my economy meet the cost of daily living needs.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:39:23 PM

For me, bitcoin is not just a means of payment transactions but an asset that has an important role in my life, and I have made bitcoin a source of income that certainly helps my economy meet the cost of daily living needs.
;

A currency can still be considered as asset so the mere fact that Bitcoin is the currency it can still also be an asset from everyone. No matter how will pepole denies it Bitcoin's really capable to a medium or mony transaction.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:46:03 PM

People stated bitcoin as many things:
- digital currency
- digital gold
- commodity
- store of value
- asset
- and so on

But I prefer to bitcoin as a medium of exchange, whether you want to exchange it with goods or money and vice versa, it can be done as it happens everyday (maybe). The founder stated bitcoin as A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
You can read this :
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses cryptography to control its creation and management, rather than relying on central authorities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bitcoin
Anyone can find bitcoin as per their need. That must be one of amazing characteristics of bitcoins. Multicharacterized is not feasible for all systems but bitcoins comes with such a beauty makes it more versatile.

Bitcoin can be just an asset for those who look for investing. For a trader it must be an commodity and currency. We cannot be sure why bitcoin was invented. Satoshi Nakamatto might have planned up everything too. Practically we are into an era where bitcoin is most suitable as an asset but there will be no restrictions to start using it as currency too.
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:46:29 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 06:02:08 PM by dissident

Right now the barrier to entry with bitcoin is about the same or slightly more difficult then that of setting up a Fidelity account and trading stocks, so I'd put it at the level of a stock... the value it has is given by what people are willing to pay for it, like a stock or commodity.  People love the profit aspect of it but the crypto space won't have confidence by joe sheep until a coin exists that maintains a fixed price without fluctuating all over the place all the time.

Of course the fixed supply aspect is a net benefit because fiat currencies always inflate, but the crypto space's inflation comes in the form of new altcoins being introduced all the time which serve to dilute the value of the existing coins. This is where sticking with bitcoin makes sense... it's  basically the gold standard .. the one people will sell the rest to hold onto. I'd say Litecoin, but it was just trading at a $180M market cap a few months ago, so it's future of being pumped to $100 per coin is far from certain. It's inherently no better than bitcoin and there are a lot of alts with superior tech at this point.  It has the advantage of being traded on the likes of Coinbase and others and being perceived by many as being the "silver" to bitcoin's "gold." Keep in mind that despite the fact there's about the same amount of silver above ground as gold, the gold to silver ratio is around 75:1

In the end, since everything is open source and all these altcoin's blockchains can be ripped off to create new coins or used by corporations without remuneration, I wouldn't trust any other crypto for long term holding than BTC, assuming they keep up with scalability and fees go down.  Altcoins are for play money.. invest no more than 5-10% of total holdings in any given one.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, will ever use the features these shitcoins provide, like bitbay, wagerr, etc. They're interesting, but real world usage isn't going to happen, and if it does, a big player will rip off the blockchain tech and create their own version that's transparent to the end user, meaning they'll create a web interface around it and make it so the person doesn't even know they're using a a tech based on the blockchain  unless they research it. Of course nobody cares, and will still invest in them, thus so will I. I wanna make money after all.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:52:07 PM

I am also hoping the same but nowadays seeing the price bitcoin we guys are worry about the fall first. We cannot take bitcoin is like a gold at any time right. If price is the matter for anyone who doesn't know about bitcoin they will sure go to bitcoin but people already be in bitcoin community they will worry about price.

Yes if you think the Bitcoin and gold both are same then you are wrong. Gold value is less to compare Bitcoin but it has more value in the international market, and it got huge investors all over the globe. Even Bitcoin also become popular in all over the world but people will not believe Bitcoin like gold because of huge price fluctuation.
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:03:48 PM

Yes if you think the Bitcoin and gold both are same then you are wrong. Gold value is less to compare Bitcoin but it has more value in the international market, and it got huge investors all over the globe. Even Bitcoin also become popular in all over the world but people will not believe Bitcoin like gold because of huge price fluctuation.

Once the market gets bigger and there are more ways to access bitcoin.. trustworthy exchanges, ETFs, the price will stablize.  In the end though the bubble has burst for now, I fully plan to buy back in and fully expect ETFs to hit some stock exchanges at some point. This will drive up demand significantly. In the end I believe Bitcoin is going to stay king, and that the crypto space would be better served used as a store of value, like gold, rather than investing in the tech, because like I've mentioned already, it's all open source anyways so anyone can rip off or create their own at any time. Since bitcoin has the name recognition and exposure, it's important we support it, assuming they take the necessary steps to reduce fees and improve the tech over time for scalability.
MdRaju

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:07:15 PM

A currency is what you can use in exchange for goods and bitcoin can and is doing that perfectly well.It is a currency for me cause I use it to buy and sell goods and services. So the answer to your question is what would you like it to be. People don't understand it is completely decentralised, strong, so it's the best, it's use depends on person to person. it has to be the perfect currency for payments, surpassing the dollar, the euro, and the other big fiat currencies. Smiley
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:36:21 PM

A currency is what you can use in exchange for goods and bitcoin can and is doing that perfectly well.It is a currency for me cause I use it to buy and sell goods and services. So the answer to your question is what would you like it to be. People don't understand it is completely decentralised, strong, so it's the best, it's use depends on person to person. it has to be the perfect currency for payments, surpassing the dollar, the euro, and the other big fiat currencies. Smiley

For me bitcoin is also a currency, but bitcoin can be seen as asset too. Bitcoin is universal tool for many things now, for paying, saving, investing, what one individual wish he can do with bitcoins, but its pointless to classify bitcoin.
Use bitcoins as you wish is good suggestion from you, don't pay attention what others say about it, bitcoin is capable to handle our needs for profit, for good earning, to give us fun. For now bitcoin has potential to be that in next decades, if nothing bad happen to blockchain. Bitcoin is perfect you said it right, with possibilities and potential, we must see it as something perfect.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:11:25 PM

I think yes,because bitcoins is not made for that thing bitcoins is made for financial freedom and not for being a legal currency in the future,its just an asset i think andwhat you said is right

You really have to think wrong, take a look at the fact that bitcoin has been accepted in so many countries, bitcoin was actually a coin. However, it is still not really stable, it needs more time.
It has stabled in some countries like Australia, Japan, and India. So bitcoin is not a real coin because it is a crypto digital currency. Which is exist but not not in a liquid or solid form. So bitcoin is now stabling in different countries or we can say that it is stabling worldwide. Therefore bitcoin has bring the change for transaction in an August.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 10:35:13 PM

Indeed. Bitcoin can play a role of being just an asset. But it does not end just like that because although it is an asset for some people because their reason that it is just for keeps. But why are we holding or keeping our bitcoin? Because of its popular usage that is proposed to be a currency which exactly termed to be a cryptocurrency. The future currency of this era that will be used to be a way of payment to many establishments. Yes its price is still unstable and dumping but bitcoin ia created to be a currency type not just an asset.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: