Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:57:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in College???  (Read 22177 times)
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:08:53 AM

It will be a good development if thought in colleges. Especially, for countries where Bitcoin has been legalized, introduction of Bitcoin into the school curriculum wouldn't be a miss. And for countries yet to embrace the concept/innovation of Bitcoin, there is nothing wrong in having a glance at it during the IT education.
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:51:09 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 12:38:02 AM by LordDisick

Maybe in the future bitcoin will be a part of currency discussion in college. Bitcoin will become part of discussion specially in Bachelor of Science and Business Administration courses they will learn the benefits and how to make an investment from bitcoin.

I agree with you I think its a good idea to include bitcoin/cryptocurrency discussion on that  course and Economics subject because it will definitely help students in the future particularly in business and investment matters. They will learn more about the digital currency and their potentials and how its going to help the economy in the near future
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:15:05 PM

Today morning i listen to the radio and heared news that university in Swiss accept bitcoin payment for education, and also study blockchain technology.
sebasman2

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:19:21 PM

Never had this subject in college however, I brought it up two times as subject for the presentation. So min. 60 people are now aware of what bitcoin is and how it works. It mainly comes from individuals, no teacher will ever mention the subject here in college.
chichan13

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:22:04 PM

Bitcoin as a course or any related currency on web.
In my country we have multiple courses in computer especially programing and web developments. My course is also information technology, but i've never heard or learn about online currency as bitcoin. In present, and future studies is there any chances for inserting about it in education. In your country is it available?
It would be better for any country to adopt bitcoin in educating new generations. Instead of playing games and wasting money in surfing xxx sites.
I don't think it is included in the program of any computer related courses we have in our country. The deeper knowledge and understanding about crypto currency have been limited to those who are already working in IT related courses. I think most schools haven't yet think of the idea of including the teaching of crypto currency.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:26:29 PM

In my country we have multiple courses in computer especially programing and web developments. My course is also information technology, but i've never heard or learn about online currency as bitcoin. In present, and future studies is there any chances for inserting about it in education. In your country is it available?
It would be better for any country to adopt bitcoin in educating new generations. Instead of playing games and wasting money in surfing xxx sites.
yes I am very interested in the idea that you created it because over time competition in the search for work will be very difficult therefore some schools should be able to give a little science about technology online for the progress of the country and make the society more prosperous.

asebaby

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:31:27 PM

THIS is becoming so interesting, if BTC is introduced into colleges in my county government will start taxing holders,but am in the option that it should be introduced for a better orientation to all individual not conversant with it.
Scor1937

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:36:03 PM

College is Best time to learn Bitcoin so that you can Know more about money and how to get it also can get extra income for your project
bubblebit (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:12:50 PM

Today morning i listen to the radio and heared news that university in Swiss accept bitcoin payment for education, and also study blockchain technology.

Maybe this is the one you heard about or related to it.

Visit this thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2246596.msg22703925#msg22703925

Almost all have agreed to this idea and those who don’t are has closed-minded for an empowerment to the students. Everyone of them has a valid theoretical view on its advantages and disadvantages but doesn’t look for acceptance of the society that might also beneficial to us, bitcoin users and investors.

But soon as nation open its door on embracing bitcoin/cryptocurrency is the day all ideas will not be on paper but in reality.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:18:02 PM

Maybe this is the one you heard about or related to it.

Visit this thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2246596.msg22703925#msg22703925

Almost all have agreed to this idea and those who don’t are has closed-minded for an empowerment to the students. Everyone of them has a valid theoretical view on its advantages and disadvantages but doesn’t look for acceptance of the society that might also beneficial to us, bitcoin users and investors.

But soon as nation open its door on embracing bitcoin/cryptocurrency is the day all ideas will not be on paper but in reality.

Well it does not mean that because you do not agree to it completely you can say you are close minded.  We all have different views and opinions to this.  I stick with my opinion that it could be discussed in schools but not as a subject.  It can be a topic for the subject programming or other subjects related to it.  For sure it will come a time that bitcoin will be widely known.
lesfrigosa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:18:32 PM

Its a good idea to implement. 70% of graduated do not have jobs related to their subject. Many even do not jobs as well.
I am sure knowledge on bitcoin will make them independent earning.

But the vast majority are employed in good positions. Even if some are not having jobs in their field, they are happy with jobs in other areas. If you take my case, then I studied geology in college. But my current full time job has no relation with geology. But the point is that, if I didn't had a college degree, then I couldn't have landed this job.
Yes I agree with you it’s not about that someone have a degree of anything and he find a job in his same field there are a lot of people who have a different degree but their jobs are different then their degree so I think we must teach bitcoin collage because it can help us in our practical life bitcoin can give us a lot of opportunity in our life .
I don't think it is smart to teach bitcoin in school. In school you need to learn the important things to get a job and life happy ever after. Students will see no point in going to school if they can make money without education.
Kat_messy

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:23:48 PM

Interesting question. Actually, I do not think that we need a whole course. But as a separate topic to include the Crypto-currencies in the Economy course, I think it will be useful. When I was at university, we talked a bit about bitcoins on the economy, so why not in college ..
esatceza

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:24:49 PM

Bitcoin is growing and making it increasingly popular with everyone is essential. As a result, more and more methods to help Bitcoin reach out to people have been introduced. Including Bitcoin in education. It is very useful and helps the new generations of the future to have access to new technologies of the future. It is best promoted in universities and colleges, where students who dare to think, dare to do and have many new startup ideas.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Lykslyks

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:47:31 PM

That's actually a great idea. As more countries accept bitcoin as a currency, it's not strange that there is a college class related to this. If there is one, Maybe US or China would be the first performing that.
Actually my professor talks about bitcoin, even though it has no connection to the subject he's teaching us. I was the only one in class who knows about bitcoin, and no one dares to ask about it. Why? Base on my observation my classmates was not interested to it cause they don't know how bitcoin works. Aside from that, they belive in our countries currency and they are satisfied to it. Besisdes, their foucs is to study well so i think teaching it to college won't help.
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:51:51 PM

Interesting question. Actually, I do not think that we need a whole course. But as a separate topic to include the Crypto-currencies in the Economy course, I think it will be useful. When I was at university, we talked a bit about bitcoins on the economy, so why not in college ..

All in all, why not? Many students have a lot of free time, which they waste and can be used in an interesting way. At your place I would try if you have some time and you want to take care of it I can see no reason why not.
yasuoWasakey99

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:59:33 PM

Its a good idea to implement. 70% of graduated do not have jobs related to their subject. Many even do not jobs as well.
I am sure knowledge on bitcoin will make them independent earning.

But the vast majority are employed in good positions. Even if some are not having jobs in their field, they are happy with jobs in other areas. If you take my case, then I studied geology in college. But my current full time job has no relation with geology. But the point is that, if I didn't had a college degree, then I couldn't have landed this job.
Yes I agree with you it’s not about that someone have a degree of anything and he find a job in his same field there are a lot of people who have a different degree but their jobs are different then their degree so I think we must teach bitcoin collage because it can help us in our practical life bitcoin can give us a lot of opportunity in our life .
I don't think it is smart to teach bitcoin in school. In school you need to learn the important things to get a job and life happy ever after. Students will see no point in going to school if they can make money without education.

This is true, but you have a lot of free time in schools. Why can't you teach them how to make money ? I would teach them when they are a bit older so they know it better and make money.

If a student doesn't know anything about bitcoin he would fail maybe in the future not now. In the future i think that most of the people will use bitcoins to afford things.
johnne

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:40:31 AM

Internet is called a best teacher a best friend now a days because if you need any kind of information then you can easily take from internet. Every problem has a solution on internet. Internet world is very wide and very good for the future of new generation.
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:19:50 AM

If bitcoin is implemented worldwide as primary online currency lots of school will offer course related to bitcoin if its not approved by the government maybe some of course will add a subjects of bitcoin like economics course, business courses and accounting courses.
valpes

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:41:34 PM

I never discovered everything in school about bitcoin. Thankfully, I have a lot of friends who spend a good deal of time on the internet, myself incorporated. However, I know that a lot of men and women use bitcoin to help pay for their college costs. Once I discover far more, this is what I program to do. It really is challenging to be a college student and perform a task so I am hoping to make cash with bitcoin.
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:49:06 PM

If bitcoin is implemented worldwide as primary online currency lots of school will offer course related to bitcoin if its not approved by the government maybe some of course will add a subjects of bitcoin like economics course, business courses and accounting courses.

Why would they add subjects like that? I mean, if they take that course will they be able to take a good job that can lead through their good future? I think not, they will be analyzing stuffs like bitcoin prices, making predictions and stuffs that relates bitcoin. We can make that even if we don't have a diploma that certifies us to do that kind of job, and that's the good thing about bitcoin, they are decentralized not only in goverment but at some point in this kind of thing.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: