Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:49:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119795 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 02:32:18 PM

C-CEX has upgraded to 1.0.2.9 and deposits and withdraws are back open again!

We are eagerly awaiting F7000 to come to pass now.

I have deployed the Inbound Orphan API in the Pool.  Now you can automatically see the inbound orphan letters written to us as they come in, a translator (at Compassion) scans both pages of the letter and sends to us electronically.  We have a service running in the pool that pulls the image and stores the images in our SAN. 

Therefore now you can click: Orphan Inbound Letters, and view them.

In the near future, I will work to have these changed over to PDF so we can view each letter with one click.  And add a 'reply' option. 

We released the feature where the Orphan List now supports a row click to show the orphan Bio without navigating away.
The Writing to Orphan also supports a 'Letter writing tips' insitu Dialog now.

There has been a boolean added over to the Orphan Active sponsor list that reports if the child still needs written to.  1=Needs Written, 0=Already written to.  We made the feature not take into account "approved" letters by design so the group can quickly start using the feature.

Im still working on the "Sent" process.  I believe once per month (probably the same day that I release the foundation wallet payments to compassion to pay the premiums), I run a program that will send our outbound letters out and mark the row as sent.  You will all know when it happens when the Sent flag = 1.

There is now a bounty paid by the pool for approved letters.  You will see a LETTER_WRITING_BOUNTY appear in your transaction list.  This occurs when we send out the approved outbound letters, the pool account then pays premiums for approved letters automatically.  Just look for the credit after the letters SENT flag is set to 1.  This bounty is based on the letter writing fees collected divided by letters required.  (Its roughly the amount shown in the announce section).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:35:51 PM

There has been a boolean added over to the Orphan Active sponsor list that reports if the child still needs written to.  1=Needs Written, 0=Already written to.

Great job on all the developments! I just think that for non-programmers those booleans can be confusing, because they can look like the opposite of what they are - 0 seems like the child has been written 0 letters and 1 seems like it has been written 1 letter. And it makes more sense that people want to turn 0s into 1s with their action, not 1s into 0s. Instead maybe you could place a small word there or even some icons like this: if it has been written and if it is not.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:54:59 PM

There has been a boolean added over to the Orphan Active sponsor list that reports if the child still needs written to.  1=Needs Written, 0=Already written to.

Great job on all the developments! I just think that for non-programmers those booleans can be confusing, because they can look like the opposite of what they are - 0 seems like the child has been written 0 letters and 1 seems like it has been written 1 letter. And it makes more sense that people want to turn 0s into 1s with their action, not 1s into 0s. Instead maybe you could place a small word there or even some icons like this: if it has been written and if it is not.

Yes I agree with above comment. Generally boolean 0 means false so it would get associated with no letter has been written.
Cyboria

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:17:41 PM

Guys,

I have problems to login on pool.biblepay.org
I fill in the username and password but when I click on 'Login', nothing happens. I've tried different browsers as well.
Any idea why?
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:23:20 PM

I think the pool site is still finicky, i was unable to save a letter I wrote. First one worked, the second letter wouldnt save. I also thought at one point you could upvote letters...but maybe im misinterpreting something.
Agree with changing the boolean values for beginners sake. My wife would have no idea what to do, especially with no labels. Would be cool if I could sort on those values as well so unwritten can float to the top. Thanks!
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 10:52:13 PM

I think the pool site is still finicky, i was unable to save a letter I wrote. First one worked, the second letter wouldnt save. I also thought at one point you could upvote letters...but maybe im misinterpreting something.
Agree with changing the boolean values for beginners sake. My wife would have no idea what to do, especially with no labels. Would be cool if I could sort on those values as well so unwritten can float to the top. Thanks!

Just in the mean time, copy any text to notepad so you dont lose anything; Cant see a problem with Save though, worked every time for me so far.

As far as boolean, yes, 1 means True or Yes and 0 means false/no.  We will label the values asap.  Rome was not built in a day LOL.

You should be able to sort any web list by any column.  Click it twice if it doesnt work.  The first click is "memory" the second is Sort.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:57:51 PM

I noticed with the somewhat quick pool time out that I was multitasking and lost a letter when I hit send it refreshed to the login screen.  So most certainly, type them out in word or notepad or your favorite text editor and then copy and paste to save some aggravation.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:16:03 AM

Just in the mean time, copy any text to notepad so you dont lose anything; Cant see a problem with Save though, worked every time for me so far.

As far as boolean, yes, 1 means True or Yes and 0 means false/no.  We will label the values asap.  Rome was not built in a day LOL.

You should be able to sort any web list by any column.  Click it twice if it doesnt work.  The first click is "memory" the second is Sort.

copy that, i did email it to myself. No worries, I wasnt complaining, more just making notes. Maybe it was my browser, I was using Opera. Take your time Dev, experts built the titanic; Proficient built the ark. 
Cyboria

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:05:45 AM

Yesterday, I was able to login and set up my workers, no problem.
In the evening it wasn't possible anymore to login or do anything on the website.
I fill in my username + password, click on 'Login' and then nothing happens. No error message, nothing. It seems like everything is irresponsive.
I've tried the same thing in Safari, Firefox and Chrome but none of them work :/
If I fill in a wrong password, it shows me: 'Invalid Username or Password'. If I then switch back to my correct password, nothing happens.

Is it maybe because I use quite some special characters? I don't understand why it worked yesterday in that case and not today.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:29:25 PM

copy that, i did email it to myself. No worries, I wasnt complaining, more just making notes. Maybe it was my browser, I was using Opera. Take your time Dev, experts built the titanic; Proficient built the ark. 

Thanks, good point on Noahs Ark.
Anyway, I just labeled the NeedWritten column True/False that Blue reported, and most columns can be sorted if you click the header twice, although I admit, some columns in certain weblists dont sort as we have to manually set a configuration setting in the dictionary so if you find one you really want to sort on let us know.

I also fixed the Ticket send and ticket edit functions to fill the Submitted By with any user who has a pool balance (IE so the list is not unbearably long) and actually works (yesterday, submitted by and assigned to were blank).

=-=-=-=-=

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:30:31 PM

Yesterday, I was able to login and set up my workers, no problem.
In the evening it wasn't possible anymore to login or do anything on the website.
I fill in my username + password, click on 'Login' and then nothing happens. No error message, nothing. It seems like everything is irresponsive.
I've tried the same thing in Safari, Firefox and Chrome but none of them work :/
If I fill in a wrong password, it shows me: 'Invalid Username or Password'. If I then switch back to my correct password, nothing happens.

Is it maybe because I use quite some special characters? I don't understand why it worked yesterday in that case and not today.
Yeah, Ive received 3 complaints about this on the new pool so far, so it sounds like an emergency at this point to fix.

Let me take a look at this now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:45:27 PM

Well, being a christian and with crypto interests, i got attracted to this crypto upon seeing the name
I like the vision too; The 10% for orphans as the bible admonishes us to
Code:
James 1:27  “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.”
Code:
“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be...For the poor you will always have with you in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’" (Deut 15:7-11)

It would have been better if the name weren't obviously linked to the bible or to christianity. With the name its usage in the real world will be grossly limited
In my opinion it should have had the very same vision but with a different name that wont limit its real world usage to "bible associated stuff"

Also, i think 2% of the reward for orphans should be redirected to development. If that is done and development is fostered, the 8% will be a lot worth more than the former 10%.

The 8% shouldn't be for orphans only though most of it should be for orphans, After all, Jesus said, "The poor you will ALWAYS have with you.
Code:
The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me.
 Mark 14:7
i think about 3% or 4% of it should be to support the spread of the gospel of Jesus in any way deemed fit

I hope i am right Smiley

NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:47:37 PM

It would have been better if the name weren't obviously linked to the bible or to christianity. With the name its usage in the real world will be grossly limited
In my opinion it should have had the very same vision but with a different name that wont limit its real world usage to "bible associated stuff"

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. You are also potentially restricting the number of adopters for this coin, as atheists and non-christian religious people might not want to use this coin out of principle...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 03:49:12 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. You are also potentially restricting the number of adopters for this coin, as atheists and non-christian religious people might not want to use this coin out of principle...

Fine.  Lets be the salt and the light, and be restricted with integrity.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 04:00:04 PM

Well, being a christian and with crypto interests, i got attracted to this crypto upon seeing the name
I like the vision too; The 10% for orphans as the bible admonishes us to
Code:
James 1:27  “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.”
Code:
“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be...For the poor you will always have with you in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’" (Deut 15:7-11)

Also, i think 2% of the reward for orphans should be redirected to development. If that is done and development is fostered, the 8% will be a lot worth more than the former 10%.

The 8% shouldn't be for orphans only though most of it should be for orphans, After all, Jesus said, "The poor you will ALWAYS have with you.
Code:
The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me.
 Mark 14:7
i think about 3% or 4% of it should be to support the spread of the gospel of Jesus in any way deemed fit

I hope i am right Smiley

Starting at Christmas, the charitable allocations change, and then the way it works with sanctuaries is:

15% total will be held back per block (this breaks down to 10% for charity and 5% for IT), and the tithe_blocks will be changed back to normal blocks with 0% going to charity.  The 15% can be spent any way the sanctuaries wish- as long as the IT expenses come out of the 5% and the charitable out of the 10% limits.  (Yes, the blocks do pay 10% back to the sanctuaries for being sanctuaries, and 75% to the miner).  So right now its: 90% to the miner, 10% to charity.  In the future: 10% to sanctuaries, 15% to charity and IT, and 75% to the miner.

Last night, I was doing some R&D work for biblepay, regarding instantiation of a new governance vote proposal for a new sanctuary.  I believe all the problems are solved, regarding the worries about people running away with money, and whose performing duties, and the multisig, and IT support for the duties etc.  As a sneak preview of how this will be tackled, any recurring expense, such as the orphan foundation premiums owed, will have to be re-entered once per quarter as a new Proposal.  So if we have 100 orphans being sponsored at $3800 per month, we will enter a proposal to pay the premiums for these orphans for up to 3 months at a time.  Once the proposal is approved (for $3800x3) by the sanctuaries, this becomes a budget item.  A budget item has a brand new wallet receiving address, and a designated person in charge of the duty to transfer the premiums to compassion.com.  The sanctuaries will approve the budgets or deny them by voting on them, and the escrow is auto-released in our superblocks on the superblock date of the month.  I can even put someone in charge of the compassion post at that point.  IT (Information Technology) will be responsible to set up the necessary support functions for orphans at "biblepay central".  Which is currently the pool.biblepay.org.  But as we develop our slack team, we can then break out subdomains for the orphans, so people can manage the  orphan letters at orphan.biblepay.org, etc.  I think the concept is now forming as a set of viable requirements at this point.  Im starting to merge the sanctuary code into testnet now.  We will have crude IT support available for the future of these functions in testnet in a month or so, and test all this together.  Im excited.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 04:05:46 PM

**************** POOL PASSWORDS ******************

Regarding Password problems at the pool:
1) One problem was passwords cannot have certain special characters that blow out the cipherclass.  This has now been fixed.
2) If your password does not work, click Reset Password and follow the wizard.
3) If your e-mail is not working, send an e-mail to contact@biblepay.org to have the password temporarily reset.

Rob

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:15:54 PM

In the end there are a lot of coins that have a target audience that might lead to a potential reduction of users.  This coin does not intentionally exclude anyone, you can use the BBP even if you are agnostic, Anton LaVey or any of the pantheon of religious views that encompass our world.  I've said before, and I'll continue my view, there are probably at least 25% of the user base that would classify themselves as "non-religious" that like the charitable aspect of the coin and support it.  By contributing to charity you exclude the users that want a larger piece of the pie for their own use (that's 10% of the return that should be there for them in their minds).  In the end, you cannot worry too much about standing up for something and how people will react, and this coin will not succeed or fail on the users that object to it for philosophical reasons. 

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:47:36 PM

Well this would be hard to do since the whole algo is based on bible king james version, so even if the name was changed it would still be STRONGLY attached to the bible Smiley
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:09:04 PM

"Christians remained the largest religious group in the world in 2015, making up nearly a third (31%) of Earth’s 7.3 billion people"

paullstroup

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:14:09 PM

BiblePay is a quite authentic option for reliable transfers in Altcoin trading.Thankfully its plunge will be a salutary caution to most folks
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: