Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:06:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119796 times)
coinpimp321

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:12:22 PM

Hi Biblepay,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Firstly we would like to thank you for considering listing your coin on CoinExchange.io.

Here are the requirements for new coin listings:

For Bitcoin derived coins:

•   Github source code URL
•   Block explorer URL (required)
•   Name of coin
•   Ticker code of coin
•   Website of coin if possible
•   Square logo of at least 100 x 100 px (preferably transparent so it works with our dark theme also)

For Ethereum ERC20 tokens:

•   Contract address
•   Token name
•   Token ticker code
•   Decimal positions
•   Square logo of at least 100 x 100 px (preferably transparent so it works with our dark theme also)
•   Link to contract on etherscan.io

There is a 2 BTC fee for new coin additions to the BTC base market.

There is an additional 0.5 BTC for each optional additional base market listing, for example COIN/ETH market.

If there are future coin swaps which we will need to undertake there will be a 1 BTC fee per swap. Failure to inform us of a swap will result in instant de-listing.

Due to a current overwhelmingly high demand for listing new coins and a large backlog the process may take up to 30 days from receipt of listing payment.

Also please provide us with as much information as possible about your coin e.g., website, bitcointalk announcement, whitepaper, social media (twitter, facebook etc) etc.
We reserve the right to select which coins we list what we chose to list on CoinExchange.io.

Please be aware of our current removal policy - https://coinexchangeio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/9000132415-coin-removal-policy (we reserve the right to alter this at anytime).
[small]
If you are interested and would like to proceed please let us know and we will send you a payment address.

Alternately let us know if you have any questions prior to making a decision.

Sincerely,

CoinExchange.io Support Team

Ticket: https://coinexchangeio.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/16061
16061:338026

[/small]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So CoinExchange.IO looks pretty bright, but its hard to convince any exchange to list us for free even though we sponsor orphans, seemingly because of the huge Asian crypto demand and backlog of new listings.  (New coins are paying $25000 to get listed.)

Anyway CoinExchange said they would list us for 2btc which is not TOO bad, but the only way we can afford it is if we pay for it out of the sanctuary PR budget.  If the PR/p2p budget does not get approved, we could pay for it out of the IT budget, but this is a good example of what the PR budget could actually be used for.

I am Completely against paying for anything out of the Orphan budget- I would not want us to lose 1 orphan unless we start falling behind naturally for 90 days due to market decline- (IE Id like us to keep that 10% tithe always untouched, even if the community takes over the coin in the future).

The other problem is they want the 2btc up front.  So we have to risk the funding ahead of time.  I will email them and ask if we can spread it out over 12 payments.

we definitely need a better exchange cause the 200k satoshi withdrawal amount is way to high. this exchange seems to be 50k which is more reasonable. their litecoin withdrawal is even better at 0.1.

for biblepay to have any kind of success it needs an easy usd -> bbp entry for people. there is just too much friction for the non technical person. this is probably true of crytpo in general and sites like coinbase are addressing them. but going from btc to bbp and bbp to btc/usd is crucial for adoption.  

what is biblepay's ability to support atomic swaps?
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:25:31 PM

Your mileage may very, but for most exchanges (short of the REALLY big ones), it's either very expensive to trade USD into the system or pretty time consuming.  The default trading mechanism of most coins is BTC-COIN.  It's hard to change that since there are nearly 1000 active (or semi active) coins out there and the risks for exchanges are pretty significant.  Credit Card transactions are tricky since they can be reversed, yet the crypto bought cannot easily be.  Also, most of the parameters for transaction costs were set when BTC was in the $300-$500 range and 200K Satoshi wasn't a large sum.

At this point the system for most coins is in favor of larger traders and if you're only selling or buying a couple thousand of a low cost coin, you're likely to pay a lot as a percentile for the "handling" charges.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 04:32:12 PM

we definitely need a better exchange cause the 200k satoshi withdrawal amount is way to high. this exchange seems to be 50k which is more reasonable. their litecoin withdrawal is even better at 0.1.

for biblepay to have any kind of success it needs an easy usd -> bbp entry for people. there is just too much friction for the non technical person. this is probably true of crytpo in general and sites like coinbase are addressing them. but going from btc to bbp and bbp to btc/usd is crucial for adoption.  

There is nothing wrong with CCEX.  We just need more exchanges for more market depth.

I dont know of any such withdrawal fee.  Its .1 BBP for 100 BBP, thats virtually nothing.

"for biblepay to have any kind of success it needs an easy usd -> bbp entry for people. there is just too much friction for the non technical person. this is probably true of crytpo in general and sites like coinbase are addressing them. but going from btc to bbp and bbp to btc/usd is crucial for adoption.  "
-> This is just a generalization.  We can go one of a million different directions and have success.  In reality we have a very low bar technically and we are easier to use than most cryptos.  Its easier to mine Biblepay than to learn how an asic works.

Atomic swaps? Like shapeshift?  We can integrate with anyone like shapeshift, since we have not polluted the RPC with any breaking changes.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:36:32 PM

There is nothing wrong with CCEX.  We just need more exchanges for more market depth.

I dont know of any such withdrawal fee.  Its .1 BBP for 100 BBP, thats virtually nothing.

"for biblepay to have any kind of success it needs an easy usd -> bbp entry for people. there is just too much friction for the non technical person. this is probably true of crytpo in general and sites like coinbase are addressing them. but going from btc to bbp and bbp to btc/usd is crucial for adoption.  "
-> This is just a generalization.  We can go one of a million different directions and have success.  In reality we have a very low bar technically and we are easier to use than most cryptos.  Its easier to mine Biblepay than to learn how an asic works.

Atomic swaps? Like shapeshift?  We can integrate with anyone like shapeshift, since we have not polluted the RPC with any breaking changes.

what i meant was converting bbp to btc. on CCEX the withdrawl fee  is 200k satoshi.

atomic swaps are cross chain exchanges without exchanges.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-are-atomic-swaps/

im wondering the derived code base supports that (or can support it in the future)
noob101

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:14:30 PM

"for biblepay to have any kind of success it needs an easy usd -> bbp entry for people. there is just too much friction for the non technical person. this is probably true of crytpo in general and sites like coinbase are addressing them. but going from btc to bbp and bbp to btc/usd is crucial for adoption.  "

what i meant was converting bbp to btc. on CCEX the withdrawl fee  is 200k satoshi.

im wondering the derived code base supports that (or can support it in the future)

Yes,  I was flabbergasted at first as well.  The exchanges work as follows:  Minimum trade of 0.xxxxxx of a coin.  And their commission ranges from 0.15 to 0.2 % on a trade.  When you want to withdraw from an exchange,  they don't work in percentages, but actual coin values.  So 0.002BTC at the current exchange rate is $14 if you sold coin for btc and want your btc.  ETH and LTC is 0.01,  so about $3 and $0.5 respectively.  To withdraw tether is a whopping $17 on C-Cex.

On another topic or two:
Payeer has the ability to buy and sell BTC inside your user dashboard.  Maybe we should ask them to do the same for bbp?  Just a thought.
Someone commented on another thread that CoinExchange is a bit of a Pump and dump exchange.  I did not do any research to see if it is true, but please keep it in mind just to be safe.

Again, Keep up the good work guys. Smiley

coinpimp321

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:39:05 PM

Before I do any of that, I want to be paid more BBP.

Do you want 2526.18 BBP?

There is a bounty on the pool page to write letters to the orphans. i imagine that would take a days work only?

616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:40:17 PM

The two main issues I see at this time with getting BBP on another exchange are most of the good ones are pretty expensive to get listed and there is no pre-mine to pay for it (and fundraising ten thousand dollars might be pretty tough).  The other is, the Christmas release is the next big milepost and it's asking a lot of the Dev to develop and try to get listed, knowing there will be a new wallet version that has to be pushed out.

C-Cex is a decent exchange, it's easy to sign up for, has good up time and the prices are generally in line with most other exchanges.  It has the issues common to exchanges dealing in smaller volume coins, which are limited trading pairs and expensive fiat movement.  If you purchase BTC on one of the major exchanges (cheaper, safer) then move it to C-Cex it's not expensive to do if you're dealing with modest sums.  Selling BBP for BTC is a bit trickier to do cheaply and might be cheaper to do a two step sale, sell for BTC, then buy a cheaper to transfer coin like ETH or LTC or DASH and trade them back on the major exchange to cash out.

616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:43:56 PM

I Want More BBP, You Want Some Things For Biblepay
But mining BBP is only paying me 100 BBP per day,
and I want to have more BBP than what I can get from mining BBP.
Therefore I am asking to be paid more BBP,
to provide information, or to provide my work to get biblepay BBP added for trading at another exchange.

Before I do any of that, I want to be paid more BBP.

PM me to discuss

Sir or madam, I again appreciate your enthusiasm for the coin.  However, at this stage, there really isn't a budget to do most things.  Either give freely to the community and show your value with the hope others might donate or the coin will strengthen and your own position will appreciate, or wait until such a time there is a budget.  You come across poorly when you continually beg for BBP and you can be a stronger asset to the coin if you contribute to the discussion and development.

coinpimp321

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:50:22 PM

The other is, the Christmas release is the next big milepost and it's asking a lot of the Dev to develop and try to get listed, knowing there will be a new wallet version that has to be pushed out.

id like to be involved in wallet work. where is this being organized ?
616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:52:30 PM

The other is, the Christmas release is the next big milepost and it's asking a lot of the Dev to develop and try to get listed, knowing there will be a new wallet version that has to be pushed out.

There is a Slack group, there was a link a while back to it, but if nothing else you could contact the Dev via PM here.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:26:40 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hozh/slack_team/

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042657.msg22513091#msg22513091

coinpimp321

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hozh/slack_team/

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042657.msg22513091#msg22513091

thanks. ive joined the slack and discussion is very light there. i have also applied to the bpay forum and awaiting approval. so im eager to help with dev

also - how did you put the links in your profile footer. id like to do something like that. can you post the stuff here so i can have a template to work from?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:42:57 PM

=-=-=-=-

Oh OK, thanks.
Since atomic swaps are so new no one is really doing a lot in Prod yet, it looks like they are executing some in bitcoin testnet as HTLCs and it looks like the developers on the Lightning Network have their own version of atomic swaps coming out (by using channels).

We could Potentially support one or the other or both, possibly, in the future.  We have to see what kind of adoption the LN network has.  If we went that direction we would need to consider running an LN server somewhere on our network, to host the actual channel.

On the bitcoin side, the script language already supports the HTLC's - the hash time locked contracts, however BIP199 is not integrated in our codebase fully, but if need be, I think we could merge the rest of it in.

This is something Im very interested in.  Actually the retirement account project has a very similar requirement - to facilitate a colored coin trustless trades.

I would not mind merging in BIP 199 as a side project and testing an HTLC in BBP.  I was thinking last week of potentially creating a multiwallet, that allows storage of many different type of altcoin keys in one wallet, maybe in the Biblepay wallet.  With these two features together, we could potentially host a single wallet with multiple balances.  

The issue of course is the rolling blockchain.  But it would be cool to tackle bitcoin + biblepay and stop there.  The sanctuaries could potentially run bitcoin daemons, and maybe, we could have our own atomic trades between BTC -> BBP.  That would be a pretty good value add for us.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:50:47 PM

Withdrawing BTC from C-CEX is $17:

Yeah I see what you guys mean now- the issue is c-cex has a hardcoded .002 btc fee associated with the withdrawal fee for the symbol BTC in the ledger.
Just like the hardcoded .1 BBP fee for withdrawing BBP.  So its $17 for withdrawing BTC, and 07 cents to withdraw BBP.

Anyway, I can assure you they didnt do this deliberately for highway robbery, it was probably set a long time ago when the pair was entered into their system and they just never changed the withdraw fee.

Why dont you open a ticket with c-cex, and ask them if they will lower it to .0002?  Tell them its outrageous.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:52:10 PM

thanks. ive joined the slack and discussion is very light there. i have also applied to the bpay forum and awaiting approval. so im eager to help with dev

also - how did you put the links in your profile footer. id like to do something like that. can you post the stuff here so i can have a template to work from?

I'm quietly working on a signature / footer file set.  The bare bones I'm using now.  But BBCode is pretty simplified HTML, and you can use links by using

Code:
[url=xxx]Link Title[/url]

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 07:15:46 PM

Does the team have experience in this sphere?

Please be more specific, the spheres are infinite.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
cuboidmoment

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:53:22 PM

Keep my eye on.
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:54:08 PM

Does the team have experience in this sphere?

Please be more specific, the spheres are infinite.

CTYPTO BUBBLES ARE EVEN BIGGER THAN INFINITE SPHERES!
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:01:51 PM

I just created a Very Important Poll for BiblePay.

We need everyone here that cares about BiblePay to vote on this topic by December 3rd! 

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=33.0

Only 4 people have voted so far on this important issue with 30 days to go:

We need about 200 votes imo.

Everyone please Give Feedback and Cast a Vote for Budget Allocation discussion!

(If you havent registered an account on the new forum yet, now is a good time!)

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:34:06 PM

my little upgrade  Wink  for me is best this mine  Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: