Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:20:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119799 times)
aikida3k

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:33:14 AM

So we should start with the creation of a guide booklet that can lay out guidelines about what it is, and help to onload people into biblepay, explain good security and backup practices, help them understand how running the wallet helps orphans, and distribute that to churches.  This is first and foremost a charity.  I don't think Christians are early adopters in cryptocurrencies: many of the coins out there are for anything but charity.

I agree with you. Unfortunately 'Rob' (ironic name for running a charity) has indicated that the 10% to charities will end after the masternode sale event. He also stated he will withdraw and let the thing run on it own.

Not much can be known who 'Rob' is. The dns records for bibleplay.org are private. Most likely not his real name. The supposed charity statements (easily photoshoped) have no addition clue. You are going to give $1200 to some random dude who hides behind the web? Thats a christian business man?

'Rob' will never ever reveal who he is because thats not how pump and dumps work. You have to generate interest, miner buy in, and then sell them the overpriced and blasphemous 'sancturies' to cash out big by xmas time

This operation is using the Bible and Christ's name to profit. plain and simple

You will know them by their fruit.

I haven't seen where he has indicated that 10% to charities ends after the masternodes start.  The voting right now is for 10% to charities and some other percent to PR and IT.  There is even some possible set aside for Pay to Preach, to pay preachers.  The masternodes become instantiated; there isn't a specified sale event.  Second, if this was a pump and dump, I haven't seen where there was a premine or a massive witholding of coins to keep for future sales.  Also, if it is a pump and dump you wouldn't have an effusion rate that works out to be a million coins a day with a total of 5 billion coins eventually over a long time.  A pump would have a limited supply to begin with.  This is built to grow over time and so people can get masternodes with a reasonable investment.  I hope at some point for those of us in the north Texas area, we can have a meet up and also work on PR together.  

Actually, with 1M per day effusion rate, it is keeping a pretty good lid on price appreciation.  Look at the order imbalance on c-cex.com.  There are a few buy orders but not that many.  The amount of sell orders is much larger and stacked.  This coin will need some pretty good PR to generate some interest and either buy through those sell orders or get them pulled.  This is nowhere near a pump and dump right now. 
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:48:14 AM

Thanks a lot, the Twitter feed looks awesome!  I see we have followers from Compassion now, thats very cool.

You have done awesome Rob! There would be no coin without you. Im glad I can help a little by spreading the word! Smiley  

====

How do you get coinmarketcap.com to put the Twitter feed under the social tab?  

Thank you for pointing that out, I have sent CoinMarketCap support a request to update logo and add twitter Smiley
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/

====

Interesting trading day
Volume today is above 2.13 BTC or >15,000.  Price hasn't moved much. The chart says it got up to 16 sat but I don't see it in the tape; just between 9-12

I wish I could see full trading history on c-cex:  https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc
Id be interested to see what happened as well, but it looks like someone bought many millions of coins  Shocked Huh Cool

My limited understanding is that the Bitcoin Segwit2x fork was cancelled today, and money is flowing back out of Bitcoin into other coins today

It looks like money is flowing into everything: bitcoin is up, total market cap is up, and about 95% of the top 100 are green. 
I like the c-cex exchange.  They have a nice setup.  It would be nice if the trade history went back a little further.

Has anyone been able to deposit USD into a C-CEX account? I've tried to buy C-CEX codes at the 3 websites they have listed, but one is offline and the other two are very sketchy about the process. Also, the Payeer deposit method doesn't provide service to US citizens.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:57:20 AM

Im kind of neutral on the 2MB block size debate, I will always prefer long term solutions vs short term,
but really cool to see the DASH Governance model in action!

https://twitter.com/AmandaB_Johnson/status/928313442603356160

https://twitter.com/CashAlternative/status/928403594453377024

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 01:04:20 AM

So we should start with the creation of a guide booklet that can lay out guidelines about what it is, and help to onload people into biblepay, explain good security and backup practices, help them understand how running the wallet helps orphans, and distribute that to churches.  This is first and foremost a charity.  I don't think Christians are early adopters in cryptocurrencies: many of the coins out there are for anything but charity.

I agree with you. Unfortunately 'Rob'  has hinted that the 10% to charities will end after the masternode sale event. He also stated he will withdraw and let the thing run on it own. I may be mistaken but that was my understanding

Not much can be known who 'Rob' is. The dns records for bibleplay.org are private. May not be his real name. The supposed charity statements have no addition clue. I wouldnt invest my money with so many layers of obfuscation. Thats not investment advice but my own level of comfort with this whole operation. Bible believing Christians hold a higher level of standard and my gift of discernment is ringing a bell.

"Those how have ears let them hear...You will know them by their fruit."

Incorrect: I never "hinted" the 10% charity support would end; on the contrary, I say here that it will continue after sanctuaries go live.
I will not withdraw, incorrect again.  We are coding this system to be decentralized.  This is so I do not have to be a single point of failure.

Regarding unmasking, I said early in the thread I have a reason that I cant unmask completely yet as my other slack group is involved in a way that would currently be affected, but I "believe" I will eventually unmask, but Im not promising anything at this time.

Please find another community to terrorize.  I dont think you are good fit here.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 01:08:18 AM

Im kind of neutral on the 2MB block size debate, I will always prefer long term solutions vs short term,
but really cool to see the DASH Governance model in action!

https://twitter.com/AmandaB_Johnson/status/928313442603356160

https://twitter.com/CashAlternative/status/928403594453377024

Thanks for the update, and also for the update about the segwit 2mb fork being cancelled.

Luckily, so far, none of the dash updates have required a change to BiblePay yet (since our go live date) but I am keeping tabs on them.
Also, since it will be quite a long time before we are close to filling up a block with 1meg of data, we are good on block size for quite a while.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
togoshigekata

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:09:34 AM

Has anyone been able to deposit USD into a C-CEX account? I've tried to buy C-CEX codes at the 3 websites they have listed, but one is offline and the other two are very sketchy about the process. Also, the Payeer deposit method doesn't provide service to US citizens.

Id recommend Coinbase:  https://www.coinbase.com/

or GDAX (same company as Coinbase but less fees):  https://www.gdax.com/

And buy Bitcoin there and then transfer it to C-CEX:  https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 01:10:37 AM

I havent done a USD transfer into ccex, but as you might know in the US most people are using coinbase.  You can buy BTC with coinbase and then transfer the BTC in.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
coinpimp321

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:41:20 AM

I agree with you. Unfortunately 'Rob'  has hinted that the 10% to charities will end after the masternode sale event. He also stated he will withdraw and let the thing run on it own. I may be mistaken but that was my understanding

Not much can be known who 'Rob' is. The dns records for bibleplay.org are private. May not be his real name. The supposed charity statements have no addition clue. I wouldnt invest my money with so many layers of obfuscation. Thats not investment advice but my own level of comfort with this whole operation. Bible believing Christians hold a higher level of standard and my gift of discernment is ringing a bell.

Incorrect: I never "hinted" the 10% charity support would end; on the contrary, I say here that it will continue after sanctuaries go live.
I will not withdraw, incorrect again.  We are coding this system to be decentralized.  This is so I do not have to be a single point of failure.

Regarding unmasking, I said early in the thread I have a reason that I cant unmask completely yet as my other slack group is involved in a way that would currently be affected, but I "believe" I will eventually unmask, but Im not promising anything at this time.

Please find another community to terrorize.  I dont think you are good fit here.

this is a public forum with diverse opinions. coming from Texas you should embrace free speech shouldnt you?

its all about 'investor due diligence'. im sharing my research but others should do their due diligence. i offer no investment advice just my opinions

biblepay.com was registered to a Tony and a few weeks before biblepay.org.

maybe thats you or some partner. or another alias

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLukJBT79M4
aikida3k

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:22:40 AM

I will not withdraw, incorrect again.  We are coding this system to be decentralized.  This is so I do not have to be a single point of failure.

Please find another community to terrorize.  I dont think you are good fit here.

this is a public forum with diverse opinions. coming from Texas you should embrace free speech shouldnt you?

its all about 'investor due diligence'. im sharing my research but others should do their due diligence. i offer no investment advice just my opinions

biblepay.com was registered to a Tony and a few weeks before biblepay.org.

maybe thats you or some partner. or another alias

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLukJBT79M4

Would you like it better if his name was Judas?
aikida3k

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:31:36 AM

I will not withdraw, incorrect again.  We are coding this system to be decentralized.  This is so I do not have to be a single point of failure.

Please find another community to terrorize.  I dont think you are good fit here.

You wouldn't have to completely unmask for a meet up.  It is not necessary that I or anyone else would have to know your personal email, last name or even your real first name. 
Dr.Bitc0in

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:45:11 AM

So what exactly is the purpose of this coin? Do you have a Torahpay?
aikida3k

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:47:55 AM

I agree with you. Unfortunately 'Rob' (ironic name for running a charity) has indicated that the 10% to charities will end after the masternode sale event. He also stated he will withdraw and let the thing run on it own.

Not much can be known who 'Rob' is. The dns records for bibleplay.org are private. Most likely not his real name. The supposed charity statements (easily photoshoped) have no addition clue. You are going to give $1200 to some random dude who hides behind the web? Thats a christian business man?

'Rob' will never ever reveal who he is because thats not how pump and dumps work. You have to generate interest, miner buy in, and then sell them the overpriced and blasphemous 'sancturies' to cash out big by xmas time

This operation is using the Bible and Christ's name to profit. plain and simple

You will know them by their fruit.

I haven't seen where he has indicated that 10% to charities ends after the masternodes start.  The voting right now is for 10% to charities and some other percent to PR and IT.  There is even some possible set aside for Pay to Preach, to pay preachers.  The masternodes become instantiated; there isn't a specified sale event.  Second, if this was a pump and dump, I haven't seen where there was a premine or a massive witholding of coins to keep for future sales.  Also, if it is a pump and dump you wouldn't have an effusion rate that works out to be a million coins a day with a total of 5 billion coins eventually over a long time.  A pump would have a limited supply to begin with.  This is built to grow over time and so people can get masternodes with a reasonable investment.  I hope at some point for those of us in the north Texas area, we can have a meet up and also work on PR together.  

Actually, with 1M per day effusion rate, it is keeping a pretty good lid on price appreciation.  Look at the order imbalance on c-cex.com.  There are a few buy orders but not that many.  The amount of sell orders is much larger and stacked.  This coin will need some pretty good PR to generate some interest and either buy through those sell orders or get them pulled.  This is nowhere near a pump and dump right now. 

Look at it this way: approximately 1,000,000 daily effusion rate * avg bbp/btc .00000011 * 7000 btc/usd = 770 which is not far from the average daily volume.  

This coin is buried somewhere around the 500 rank.  Most people who are going to Prestonwood, Stonebrier or much smaller churches have no idea about this coin and its mandate.  They aren't spending their evenings scanning coinmarketcap looking for a charity coin.  
aikida3k

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:00:13 AM

....And most people who are stumbling across this coin could care less about its mandate.
coinpimp321

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:01:07 AM

well that was the challenge question that was programmed at the pool

'Judas Priest'
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:14:30 AM

Id recommend Coinbase:  https://www.coinbase.com/

or GDAX (same company as Coinbase but less fees):  https://www.gdax.com/

And buy Bitcoin there and then transfer it to C-CEX:  https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc

I've got trading accounts at five or six places.  The cheapest to GDAX.  The trick is do a bank transfer from your US bank to the Coinbase account.  It will take about a week (or did the last time I tried) but zero fees.  The go to GDAX, log in there with your Coinbase credentials, then do a transfer from Coinbase->GDAX.  No fees.  Then place a limit order for BTC, if it fills then no fees.  Then transfer your C-Cex wallet, and place your buy order for BBP.  It's the cheapest way to do it, but does take some time.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:19:06 AM

Not, but you could fork it.  My prediction is if the PoBh (hash function) holds out against 3rd party miners for a full year, then you'll see at least five copycat coins using other works as their text (ShakespeareCoin, TorrahCoin, QuranCoin all spring to mind).  As long as there is no 3rd party miner, there almost certainly cannot be a GPU miner.  As long as it is CPU only, that's a very good niche in the coin ecosystem.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
togoshigekata

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:27:47 AM

This coin is buried somewhere around the 500 rank.  Most people who are going to Prestonwood, Stonebrier or much smaller churches have no idea about this coin and its mandate.  They aren't spending their evenings scanning coinmarketcap looking for a charity coin.

Do you have any marketing ideas?

An acquaintance posted about BiblePay on a few Christian Facebook groups but they werent interested.

Even a lot of really smart people (even a lot I know personally) think Cryptocurrencies are a ponzi scheme still.

===

I really like this coin because its max supply is 5 billion by 2050, so there is still a lot of time for people to get into it.

We need a good way to educate people about Cryptocurrencies. It will happen in time on its own, but will take time...

We are the 1st users, the testers, the techies, we are the early adopters.

===

Bitcoin Demographics:

https://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/01/22/bitcoin-owners-are-still-white-male-techies-to-no-ones-surprise/
"91.8 percent defined themselves as male, 72.5 percent said they are white and 65.8 percent declared themselves a techie."

https://www.coindesk.com/new-coindesk-report-reveals-who-really-uses-bitcoin/

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-users-who-they-are-and-what-they-do

===

7 Stats That Highlight A Millennial Propensity For Bitcoin
https://www.forbes.com/sites/spencerbogart/2017/11/08/7-stats-that-highlight-a-millennial-propensity-for-bitcoin/#5d706bdb32c4

aikida3k

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:38:42 AM

well that was the challenge question that was programmed at the pool

'Judas Priest'

Interesting thing about Judas, John attributes this to Judas:
http://biblehub.com/niv/john/12.htm

But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5“Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.b ” 6He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.

7“Leave her alone,” Jesus replied. “It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8You will always have the poor among you,c but you will not always have me.”

Mathew and Mark have more to write about the situation:
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/26.htm
http://biblehub.com/mark/14-5.htm

While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9“This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you,a but you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial.
13Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

I don't believe that wherever the gospel is being preached throughout the world, that what the woman in Bethany did, is also being told.  I think that is something that has to happen for the preaching of the gospel throughout the world to be authentic, and considered done.

Furthermore:
"The poor you will always have with you,a but you will not always have me."
This brings up what I call the Judas contrapositive:  If I (Jesus) am with you, we should celebrate.  We should give it to the poor, then I (Jesus) am away from you.
The contrapositive is a logical construct: If p then q; *q then *p (that is not q then not p).  p=I am with you; q=we should celebrate;*q= we should give it to the poor; *p=I am away from you.  So in other words, the logical consequence of Jesus being ascended and away is that we should spend money on the poor, which is exactly what this project aims to do.
Crybambi

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:44:13 AM

Your coin is a nice idea  Shocked Shocked

I like it  Smiley
aikida3k

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:44:42 AM

Do you have any marketing ideas?

An acquaintance posted about BiblePay on a few Christian Facebook groups but they werent interested.

Even a lot of really smart people (even a lot I know personally) think Cryptocurrencies are a ponzi scheme still.

===

I really like this coin because its max supply is 5 billion by 2050, so there is still a lot of time for people to get into it.

We need a good way to educate people about Cryptocurrencies. It will happen in time on its own, but will take time...

We are the 1st users, the testers, the techies, we are the early adopters.

===

Bitcoin Demographics:

https://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/01/22/bitcoin-owners-are-still-white-male-techies-to-no-ones-surprise/
"91.8 percent defined themselves as male, 72.5 percent said they are white and 65.8 percent declared themselves a techie."

https://www.coindesk.com/new-coindesk-report-reveals-who-really-uses-bitcoin/

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-users-who-they-are-and-what-they-do

===

7 Stats That Highlight A Millennial Propensity For Bitcoin
https://www.forbes.com/sites/spencerbogart/2017/11/08/7-stats-that-highlight-a-millennial-propensity-for-bitcoin/#5d706bdb32c4

Yes!
Go directly to churches with a booklet that is a starter guide.  The Dallas area is a good place to start.  I posted on reddit about how Mint.com users in the McKinney, TX area are the most charitable of all Mint users.

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: