Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 64000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
PromethiumX

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:37:47 PM

Forced to resync blockchain from scratch on windows 32bit version.
After 16 Hours still 3 Years and 23 weeks behind.
Network Traffic Showing 81Gb Received, That's right Gigabytes. WTF

I've Killed it and given up on the 32 bit version.

I see I'm not the only one requesting a bootstrap.
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:02:41 PM

Hello, do you guys have any bootstrap for new wallet? My PC is lagging then becoming unresponsive after many hours block loading.

Are you having trouble reindexing the blockchain from the previous version of quark.
Reindexing the chain took me over 6 hours on my little pc and my computer was inoperable while in process.

If however you are just trying to download a new chain on a fresh install let us know, so we can assist.
cheers

Thanks Pondi. Now my wallet is fully synced. Is it necessary to type setgenerate true or wallet will mint itself automatically?

type it to be sure or you can type command: getmininginfo             

generate should equal true to be staking.
mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:06:29 PM

Forced to resync blockchain from scratch on windows 32bit version.
After 16 Hours still 3 Years and 23 weeks behind.
Network Traffic Showing 81Gb Received, That's right Gigabytes. WTF

I've Killed it and given up on the 32 bit version.

I see I'm not the only one requesting a bootstrap.

There is a relatively recent bootstrap in the last several pages - the wallet will reindex any previously downloaded blocks, but would save you having to download them.
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:26:26 PM

Hello, do you guys have any bootstrap for new wallet? My PC is lagging then becoming unresponsive after many hours block loading.

Are you having trouble reindexing the blockchain from the previous version of quark.
Reindexing the chain took me over 6 hours on my little pc and my computer was inoperable while in process.

If however you are just trying to download a new chain on a fresh install let us know, so we can assist.
cheers

Thanks Pondi. Now my wallet is fully synced. Is it necessary to type setgenerate true or wallet will mint itself automatically?

Wallet fully synced and I encrypted my wallet then restarted it. Now it's loading block index for 3 hours. Is it normal or I'm doing it wrong?
robert3harrison

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:29:21 PM

We need a wallet that doesn't HOG resources.... I'm running the new 0.10.6.3 on Linux and it's eating 2.1 GB of memory. 2.1 GB! That's just nuts! I hope the devs address this soon. No wallet using that much memory will ever become mainstream.
mcphervi

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:06:59 PM

We need a wallet that doesn't HOG resources.... I'm running the new 0.10.6.3 on Linux and it's eating 2.1 GB of memory. 2.1 GB! That's just nuts! I hope the devs address this soon. No wallet using that much memory will ever become mainstream.

I asked Max about the memory usage a few days ago - unfortunately for now he believes that this is due to the large blockchain at about 5 million blocks. Apparently newer bitcoin core code improves memory handling so upgrading to a newer code base would help this - won't happen immediately though as it's a big job and the focus is currently getting masternodes up and running.
mcphervi

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:07:42 PM

cheers

Wallet fully synced and I encrypted my wallet then restarted it. Now it's loading block index for 3 hours. Is it normal or I'm doing it wrong?

Definitely shouldn't take 3 hours... Does sometimes take a few mins for me.
bolenobill

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:00:46 PM

Might buy some of this,  looks interesting !

good innovation.

: D

but the logo..that's the knockout !
wow
nuttynoah

Activity: 229

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:17:53 PM

My mac took over 24 hours to get up to date.
I think it helps if you close the wallet down and restart it again when it seems stuck.
Pondi

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:25:53 AM

indexed blockchain bootstrap being uploaded now. I will post link as soon as complete.
Feilongcoin

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:31:50 PM

Where can i find "default"  for enable staking?
Godmode45

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:57:02 PM

Hello
Trying to update from 9.2.7 beta,  but 10.6.3 says cant import dump file.
And if I copy it into appdata\quarkcoin it wont show coins or any transaction white sync.
Switched back to 9.2.7 and sync is fine until 7 weeks,  the i get "no source".

Anyone know what to do?
Pondi

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:41:11 PM

Hello
Trying to update from 9.2.7 beta,  but 10.6.3 says cant import dump file.
And if I copy it into appdata\quarkcoin it wont show coins or any transaction white sync.
Switched back to 9.2.7 and sync is fine until 7 weeks,  the i get "no source".

Anyone know what to do?

1. Have you made any transactions in the past seven weeks? If not then just backup wallet unsynced.
2. Despite you not being able to sync on 9.2.7 ;  have you tried backing up wallet then pasting the .dat file into the quarkcoin folder?

Note: your .dat file backup needs to be named wallet.dat to work.
Godmode45

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:43:39 PM

The problem is that i have done it that way to, I kept the block folder tho.  Does that matter?
When I did it it did sync up,  but did not show balance or transactions..
MattRob

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:59:08 PM

Howdy,

Do you have a 2018 roadmap?

Thank you
Feilongcoin

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:22:55 PM

To Stake:
1. install the latest update. 0.10.6.3     https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.6.3
2. select help - debug window
3. select console tab
4. enter into console text field:     setgenerate true
5. enter into console text field:     walletpassphrase mywalletpassphrase 100000
                                                            ^                          ^                      ^
                                                      (command)        (your passphrase)     (number of seconds for unlock)

6. press ctrl L to clear your console.
7. close debug window and watch your coins get minted if they are 30 days old or greater.

Happy staking!!!!

Item 5. is the unlocking procedure to stake and mint your coins. This is only required if your wallet is encrypted.

Video tutorial I just found to help.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIe2tqaLxfQ

Thank, im also staking now! what will happen after 100000 (number of seconds for unlock)
, possible to make unlimited unlocking the wallet?
Godmode45

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:28:00 PM

The problem is that i have done it that way to, I kept the block folder tho.  Does that matter?
When I did it it did sync up,  but did not show balance or transactions..

Yes that will conflict you cannot keep anything other than your wallet.dat file that has your "data" balance and transactions with your encryption.

Follow the process in full and you will be fine and staking in no time at all.

Thx,  will give it a go ☺
robert3harrison

Activity: 219

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:56:35 AM

Can I mint by just using the daemon (quarkd)?
Pondi

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:20:28 AM

To Stake:
1. install the latest update. 0.10.6.3     https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.6.3
3. select console tab
4. enter into console text field:     setgenerate true
5. enter into console text field:     walletpassphrase mywalletpassphrase 100000
                                                            ^                          ^                      ^
                                                      (command)        (your passphrase)     (number of seconds for unlock)

7. close debug window and watch your coins get minted if they are 30 days old or greater.

Happy staking!!!!

Item 5. is the unlocking procedure to stake and mint your coins. This is only required if your wallet is encrypted.

Video tutorial I just found to help.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIe2tqaLxfQ

Thank, im also staking now! what will happen after 100000 (number of seconds for unlock)
, possible to make unlimited unlocking the wallet?
it will automatically lock again
Kornat

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:11:31 AM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AmusedUnripeAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif

At last an updated already re-indexed POS blockchain bootstrap.

To sync in a few minutes.

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!
Please Note

Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first) or follow instructions below  

Your wallet.dat file containing your balance and transaction history is located within your Quarkcoin folder. C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Quarkcoin

1. Copy the wallet.dat file directly from the Quarkcoin folder (C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Quarkcoin) and save it safely on your pc where you can easily locate it, if needed.

2. Rename the above mentioned "Quarkcoin" folder to Quarkcoinoldbackup.

3. Download the latest build of quark wallet and save to hard drive.  https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.6.3

4. Install the latest build of Quark. Close down the wallet immediately after completion of installation if you left the run automatically after installation checked.

5. Open the newly created Quarkcoin folder, (not the Quarkcoinoldbackup)  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Quarkcoin and delete all the files within it. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts. leave the Quarkcoin folder open for the next step.

6. Copy and paste your wallet.dat file from your Quarkcoinoldbackup folder into your now empty Quarkcoin folder.

7. Download bootstrap zip file and save to your hard drive. https://mega.nz/#!YPRFzRob!iS20lMoV0aNM_byOuF9I1yGs6rYLovWxq1pessN_AuM]https://mega.nz/#!YPRFzRob!iS20lMoV0aNM_byOuF9I1yGs6rYLovWxq1pessN_AuM]https://mega.nz/#!YPRFzRob!iS20lMoV0aNM_byOuF9I1yGs6rYLovWxq1pessN_AuM  

8. Unzip bootstrap and extract the 2 folders into the Quarkcoin folder you just pasted your wallet.dat file into.

9. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

To Stake:
1. Open Quark wallet latest build v0.10.6.3
3. select console tab
4. enter into console text field:     setgenerate true
5. enter into console text field:     walletpassphrase mywalletpassphrase 100000
                                                                       ^                          ^                      ^
                                                                (command)        (your passphrase)     (number of seconds for unlock)

Happy staking!!!!

Video tutorial I just found to help.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIe2tqaLxfQ

Cheers

Hi All, I'm new to this and need Your help.

I,ve done everything from the instruction: downloaded the newest wallet version, synced, typed the staking commands, checked the mining status (genrate: true), wallet is unblocked yet so far... nothing Sad

I have a quark balance from 2014 so I assume that staking process should work. How should it actually work? Is the staking result visible only after the declared time for unblocking wallet is passed? Can I somehow check if the staking process is working?

Will be grateful for any help.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: