Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:09:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 63967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:45:33 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 01:59:30 PM by Pondi

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)
]

To sync in a few minutes.

https://mega.nz/#!ZToHXAqA!YjuNPdBYSc3UgOeb5IlcQoyIubpSl4g2C-bP7hr9J9g

or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1u6u4n6p3w2fcp9/Quarkcoin.rar
or
http://108.61.216.160/cryptochainer.chains/chains/Quarkcoin_blockchain.zip

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first)  

2. download zip file and save to your hard drive.

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract all the files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

5. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.
 C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming

or
or

New additional link added

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Max Guevara

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Quark developer

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:13:40 PM

I'm not really up on the qrk team as it stands ....

Who have we got here

I know about

max - creator and still involved?
vic -
cryptovation -

who else is there? I never use slack so would like to have a list of the most active quarkers here so I know who is who

we have a new developer, his name is Speca, a professional coder currently working on updating Quark to the latest bitcoin core.

I am also onboard working with Cryotovation and Speca.
Concerning Max, Cryptovation and I along with many others feel he has had more than his chance to do the right thing by quark, but instead has failed it. We are putting together a team now, so will keep you updated. Quark needs a fresh start away from its past and creator the mysterious unknown Max. The quark community deserves a new team that is transparent, honest and dedicated to the project.  

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

I kind of agree on max although he has done some things of late he is far too slack to be considered the lead coder on the project. Else we will be at 100 sats for years.

Although having said that he obviously can code and could still help if he wanted. Up to him really - come on start helping and contributing on the thread or i guess ...not.

Can speca tell me is it not possible to fork something like PIVx? which is kind of the thing we are going for? or do we have to design and code all of this from scratch ourselves and is this something he can do?

It is possible to fork pivx and it is still an option for the community. This is basically what cryptovation put forward to the community and so organized to be done by Alex and team. It ended up very different, Max should explain.

Developers were paid to do a PoS upgrade, I recommended using Peercoin as a base, someone decided instead to use a buggy PivX masternode/PoS implementation as a base. The masternode code was far from working, PoS was tested by the community and me, major bugs were reported. No fixes were done by the developers, so it was wasted effort at the end of the day.

Max it would have been very helpful if you had of been more engaged and communicative during our engaging Alex and team. My question to you Max why did you not communicate with Alex and team about using Peercoin as a base and why was it that I only heard about this after Alex and team had already worked with PIVx??

FUD. In my very first message to alex i specified we would like it to be based of Peercoin implementation.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:59:40 PM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

who else is there? I never use slack so would like to have a list of the most active quarkers here so I know who is who

we have a new developer, his name is Speca, a professional coder currently working on updating Quark to the latest bitcoin core.

Concerning Max, Cryptovation and I along with many others feel he has had more than his chance to do the right thing by quark, but instead has failed it. We are putting together a team now, so will keep you updated. Quark needs a fresh start away from its past and creator the mysterious unknown Max. The quark community deserves a new team that is transparent, honest and dedicated to the project.  

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

I kind of agree on max although he has done some things of late he is far too slack to be considered the lead coder on the project. Else we will be at 100 sats for years.

Although having said that he obviously can code and could still help if he wanted. Up to him really - come on start helping and contributing on the thread or i guess ...not.

Can speca tell me is it not possible to fork something like PIVx? which is kind of the thing we are going for? or do we have to design and code all of this from scratch ourselves and is this something he can do?

It is possible to fork pivx and it is still an option for the community. This is basically what cryptovation put forward to the community and so organized to be done by Alex and team. It ended up very different, Max should explain.

Developers were paid to do a PoS upgrade, I recommended using Peercoin as a base, someone decided instead to use a buggy PivX masternode/PoS implementation as a base. The masternode code was far from working, PoS was tested by the community and me, major bugs were reported. No fixes were done by the developers, so it was wasted effort at the end of the day.

Max it would have been very helpful if you had of been more engaged and communicative during our engaging Alex and team. My question to you Max why did you not communicate with Alex and team about using Peercoin as a base and why was it that I only heard about this after Alex and team had already worked with PIVx??

FUD. In my very first message to alex i specified we would like it to be based of Peercoin implementation.

Max can you explain why pivX is doing so well if it is all buggy?

I am trying to understand why we are not forking pivx since it has the features we want?

Also good you are active to respond to things on this thread.

All we all want hopefully is the best for quarks future. I hope you and speca can work together and that the entire team can get along.

Will you be able to dedicate more time to quark also can you please buy up a huge chunk of quark now it is worthless so you can have enough financial motivation to get full on with developing or helping developing quark.

My opinion of you is what i said. QRk was a fair launch without any premine so you never got enough financial incentive to work much on this project is that a fair assessment or not?

Also are you open to working with other coders on this project and having a team rather than a one person does everything type situation?

Just want to have open discussion about this because I am still buying up quark at this time.

Lastly can you quickly explain why just forking straight off of pivx latest build is not the best move here?

What was the talking about  quantum resistant and how realistic is this coming to fruition in the near future.

I don't know for sure but i sense there is 2 directions that is threating to pull quarks manpower in half. Be good to resolve this even if by community decision so that we can unite and work in one direction.

Max Guevara

Activity: 106

Quark developer

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:01:54 AM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

I am trying to understand why we are not forking pivx since it has the features we want?

All we all want hopefully is the best for quarks future. I hope you and speca can work together and that the entire team can get along.

Will you be able to dedicate more time to quark also can you please buy up a huge chunk of quark now it is worthless so you can have enough financial motivation to get full on with developing or helping developing quark.

My opinion of you is what i said. QRk was a fair launch without any premine so you never got enough financial incentive to work much on this project is that a fair assessment or not?

Also are you open to working with other coders on this project and having a team rather than a one person does everything type situation?

Just want to have open discussion about this because I am still buying up quark at this time.

Lastly can you quickly explain why just forking straight off of pivx latest build is not the best move here?

What was the talking about  quantum resistant and how realistic is this coming to fruition in the near future.

I don't know for sure but i sense there is 2 directions that is threating to pull quarks manpower in half. Be good to resolve this even if by community decision so that we can unite and work in one direction.

Porting over a bunch of complicated features at once is a sure fire way to break lots of things. Trying to implement two big projects like Masternodes and PoS at once is not very prudent. A phased approach where each feature is added and thoroughly reviewed and tested is the way to go. PivX is on a different code base from Quark, this complicates matters. PivX also has an old modified PoS implementation that's different from Peercoin.

I have always been open to work with other developers, but personally I only have time for code review and testing at this stage.
steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:08:10 AM

Rest easy, and relax.  A Quark blockchain snapshot has been created to ease your syncing woes.  Available at CryptoChainer.com.  I know my wallet was out for a while, and thanks to the above poster, I was able to get it back in sync.  This will get your Quark wallet back in action right away.  Enjoy!
Pondi

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:33:01 AM

Rest easy, and relax.  A Quark blockchain snapshot has been created to ease your syncing woes.  Available at CryptoChainer.com.  I know my wallet was out for a while, and thanks to the above poster, I was able to get it back in sync.  This will get your Quark wallet back in action right away.  Enjoy!

Excellent, great work thanks!

ps. did you update the snapshot before uploading to chryptochainer.com?
Pondi

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:01:24 PM

Rest easy, and relax.  A Quark blockchain snapshot has been created to ease your syncing woes.  Available at CryptoChainer.com.  I know my wallet was out for a while, and thanks to the above poster, I was able to get it back in sync.  This will get your Quark wallet back in action right away.  Enjoy!

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)
]

or
or

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first) 

2. download zip file and save to your hard drive.

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract all the files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

5. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.
 C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming

or
or

New additional link added
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:09:47 PM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

What was the talking about  quantum resistant and how realistic is this coming to fruition in the near future.

Porting over a bunch of complicated features at once is a sure fire way to break lots of things. Trying to implement two big projects like Masternodes and PoS at once is not very prudent. A phased approach where each feature is added and thoroughly reviewed and tested is the way to go. PivX is on a different code base from Quark, this complicates matters. PivX also has an old modified PoS implementation that's different from Peercoin.

I have always been open to work with other developers, but personally I only have time for code review and testing at this stage.

Thanks for the reply. That seems like an open and honest explanation.

I have no technical understanding of anything technical so perhaps this question is completely stupid.

But this method you describe kind of sounds like gradually turning qrks current codebase into one that has the features of PIVX

Is it not possible to just totally clone a copy of pivx change the params (total minting) to match quarks minting and do a coins swap to a totally new code base? Is that risky because unless we have  dev on qrks team that fully understands the pivx code it will be a nightmare should something go wrong?

It is good to hear that you are open to working with other developers though.

Pondi

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:55:43 PM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

What was the talking about  quantum resistant and how realistic is this coming to fruition in the near future.

I have no technical understanding of anything technical so perhaps this question is completely stupid.

But this method you describe kind of sounds like gradually turning qrks current codebase into one that has the features of PIVX

Is it not possible to just totally clone a copy of pivx change the params (total minting) to match quarks minting and do a coins swap to a totally new code base? Is that risky because unless we have  dev on qrks team that fully understands the pivx code it will be a nightmare should something go wrong?

Yes it is and always has been possible, more than possible. There is no problem with cloning pivx or better still decred, there is absolutely no risk what so ever to do that when we have test net, to test it first. As a systems specialist, what I find strange is that Max chose to chop up a working platform pivx and made it broken. If you start messing with the code you create bugs and break the code. Max alone controls the decisions about the code, Max has the keys to the slack, Max has the keys to the github and this thread. Not a good look, once again poor decision for quark made by max.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:04:07 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 10:17:53 PM by cryptohunter

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

Is it not possible to just totally clone a copy of pivx change the params (total minting) to match quarks minting and do a coins swap to a totally new code base? Is that risky because unless we have  dev on qrks team that fully understands the pivx code it will be a nightmare should something go wrong?

Yes it is and always has been possible, more than possible. There is no problem with cloning pivx or better still decred, there is absolutely no risk what so ever to do that when we have test net, to test it first. As a systems specialist, what I find strange is that Max chose to chop up a working platform pivx and made it broken. If you start messing with the code you create bugs and break the code. Max alone controls the decisions about the code, Max has the keys to the slack, Max has the keys to the github and this thread. Not a good look.

OK then let's get on with doing this asap. Let's just copy one of those projects now and coin swap over to it.

Why is decred better than pivX? just so i know the reason for you saying better still.

Max can you comment on why this is not happening? Is there some reason for this that is not clear to everyone else but is clear to you? Just so I understand why you this has not been done if it is possible.

How long will it take to get this done and start a coin swap?

If it is possible and there is not good reason not to do it and the community wants it done asap .... then it will be done. Max is the creator but he said he only has time for code review.  Quark is going nowhere without updating.... jumping straight to an advanced project is the best way forward that i can see. Unless max has a good reason not to do it... let's get on with it i say.

Max seems honest enough in his responses. But you can not have lead dev that only has time for code reviews? can you. So we need to get on and hopefully he can contribute when and if he chooses. But a lead dev needs access to slack, and other things so hopefully access can be set up for other devs asap.

Max please keep current and reply to all of this asap.

Qrk has gone from 4k sats to 50 sats lately... this is not good and we need some drastic action as soon as possible.

Let's get pivx or decred cloned and coin swapped over to that asap. Unless there is a very good reason not to do so that we are unaware of.

Shanto

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:16:11 PM

I've been lurking this thread for over a week now.

Are you coming close to an agreement on what steps to take to bring back Quark's glory days?
Pondi

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:48:37 PM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

Yes it is and always has been possible, more than possible. There is no problem with cloning pivx or better still decred, there is absolutely no risk what so ever to do that when we have test net, to test it first. As a systems specialist, what I find strange is that Max chose to chop up a working platform pivx and made it broken. If you start messing with the code you create bugs and break the code. Max alone controls the decisions about the code, Max has the keys to the slack, Max has the keys to the github and this thread. Not a good look.

OK then let's get on with doing this asap. Let's just copy one of those projects now and coin swap over to it.

Why is decred better than pivX? just so i know the reason for you saying better still.

Max can you comment on why this is not happening? Is there some reason for this that is not clear to everyone else but is clear to you? Just so I understand why you this has not been done if it is possible.

How long will it take to get this done and start a coin swap?

If it is possible and there is not good reason not to do it and the community wants it done asap .... then it will be done. Max is the creator but he said he only has time for code review.  Quark is going nowhere without updating.... jumping straight to an advanced project is the best way forward that i can see. Unless max has a good reason not to do it... let's get on with it i say.

Max seems honest enough in his responses. But you can not have lead dev that only has time for code reviews? can you. So we need to get on and hopefully he can contribute when and if he chooses. But a lead dev needs access to slack, and other things so hopefully access can be set up for other devs asap.

Max please keep current and reply to all of this asap.

Qrk has gone from 4k sats to 50 sats lately... this is not good and we need some drastic action as soon as possible.

Let's get pivx or decred cloned and coin swapped over to that asap. Unless there is a very good reason not to do so that we are unaware of.

Decred is beautifully coded according to Speca, we have been researching just this, the most efficient solution to this mess. I say Amen to that! What say you quark community?
Shanto

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:50:22 PM

Whatever puts Quark back on the map, Pondi.

Decred is top notch.
ninjacoins

Activity: 170

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:50:59 PM

Decred sounds good. Maybe is there a way to implement a governance system so the community can vote on each decision concerning quark. Similar to Dash and Crown.

Edit: Ah. Can see that Decred has the Community-based governance function.
ninjacoins

Activity: 170

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:52:50 PM

Would there be any changes to the supply of Quark coins available or would supply continue to be the same?
Pondi

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:06:42 PM

Decred sounds good. Maybe is there a way to implement a governance system so the community can vote on each decision concerning quark. Similar to Dash and Crown.

Edit: Ah. Can see that Decred has the Community-based governance function.

Decred already has it all, everything!
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:08:09 PM

If there is no good reason technically for us to just jump straight over to decred or pivX then I agree lets do it asap.

The only reason I thought of pivx is that it has qrks algo doesnt it? and anon?

Although I will go with anything modern and that can generate enough interest to bring the community back to a reasonable level.

Much better had we thrashed this out on the thread months ago.

Hopefully we can get going with this in the next week.

Pondi

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:09:23 PM

Would there be any changes to the supply of Quark coins available or would supply continue to be the same?

Its possible to alter coins by percentage, but its much much easier to just port over the blockchain without messing with coin count.
Pondi

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:17:33 PM

If there is no good reason technically for us to just jump straight over to decred or pivX then I agree lets do it asap.

Although I will go with anything modern and that can generate enough interest to bring the community back to a reasonable level.

Decred has Quarks algo on steriods
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:25:42 PM

Decred has Quarks algo on steriods

Sounds good Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: