Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 64000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:53:41 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 06:39:32 AM by Pondi

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)

To sync in a few minutes.
https://mega.nz/#!1LZHDbLb!YjuNPdBYSc3UgOeb5IlcQoyIubpSl4g2C-bP7hr9J9g

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first)  

2. download zip file and save to to your hard drive.

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat file. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract the all files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

5. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.
 C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming

https://mega.nz/#!1LZHDbLb!YjuNPdBYSc3UgOeb5IlcQoyIubpSl4g2C-bP7hr9J9g

Thanks very much Pondi,

just downloaded it and tested and works perfectly. Good work.

nice gif by the way

Thanks
Pondi

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:41:07 AM

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)
]

https://mega.nz/#!ZToHXAqA!YjuNPdBYSc3UgOeb5IlcQoyIubpSl4g2C-bP7hr9J9g

or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1u6u4n6p3w2fcp9/Quarkcoin.rar

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first)  

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract the all files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.

or

additional link to another server
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:00:18 PM

At last a bootstrap.

]

or

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

OR

or

additional link to another server

cheers - good work.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:05:47 PM

I'm not really up on the qrk team as it stands ....

Who have we got here

I know about

max - creator and still involved?
vic -
cryptovation -

who else is there? I never use slack so would like to have a list of the most active quarkers here so I know who is who

Pondi

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:18:27 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 10:38:52 PM by Pondi

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

who else is there? I never use slack so would like to have a list of the most active quarkers here so I know who is who

we have a new developer, his name is Speca, a professional coder currently working on updating Quark to the latest bitcoin core.

I am also onboard working with Cryotovation and Speca.
Concerning Max, Cryptovation and I along with many others feel he has had more than his chance to do the right thing by quark, but instead has failed it. We are putting together a team now, so will keep you updated. Quark needs a fresh start away from its past and creator the mysterious unknown Max. The quark community deserves a new team that is transparent, honest and dedicated to the project. 
Pondi

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:42:16 PM

At last a bootstrap.

]

or

OR

or

bootstrap everyone, download the wallet and sync
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:19:16 PM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

we have a new developer, his name is Speca, a professional coder currently working on updating Quark to the latest bitcoin core.

Concerning Max, Cryptovation and I along with many others feel he has had more than his chance to do the right thing by quark, but instead has failed it. We are putting together a team now, so will keep you updated. Quark needs a fresh start away from its past and creator the mysterious unknown Max. The quark community deserves a new team that is transparent, honest and dedicated to the project. 

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

I kind of agree on max although he has done some things of late he is far too slack to be considered the lead coder on the project. Else we will be at 100 sats for years.

Although having said that he obviously can code and could still help if he wanted. Up to him really - come on start helping and contributing on the thread or i guess ...not.

Can speca tell me is it not possible to fork something like PIVx? which is kind of the thing we are going for? or do we have to design and code all of this from scratch ourselves and is this something he can do?

Max Guevara

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Quark developer

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:06:22 AM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

I kind of agree on max although he has done some things of late he is far too slack to be considered the lead coder on the project. Else we will be at 100 sats for years.

Although having said that he obviously can code and could still help if he wanted. Up to him really - come on start helping and contributing on the thread or i guess ...not.

Can speca tell me is it not possible to fork something like PIVx? which is kind of the thing we are going for? or do we have to design and code all of this from scratch ourselves and is this something he can do?

Yes, I am still around, in fact I did a code base upgrade six months ago. Despite all the talk, I'm not seeing any working code contributions from anyone else.
Pondi

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:59:04 AM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

It is possible to fork pivx and it is still an option for the community. This is basically what cryptovation put forward to the community and so organized to be done by Alex and team. It ended up very different, Max should explain.
Pondi

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:17:30 AM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

Yes, I am still around, in fact I did a code base upgrade six months ago. Despite all the talk, I'm not seeing any working code contributions from anyone else.

Its true, Speca has not released any code public yet, but he will. It is also true that Max updated the quark 6 months ago.

By the way Max the latest build breaks loading blocks from a bootstrap.dat. It requires some debugging.
Max Guevara

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Quark developer

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:02:55 AM

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

It is possible to fork pivx and it is still an option for the community. This is basically what cryptovation put forward to the community and so organized to be done by Alex and team. It ended up very different, Max should explain.

Developers were paid to do a PoS upgrade, I recommended using Peercoin as a base, someone decided instead to use a buggy PivX masternode/PoS implementation as a base. The masternode code was far from working, PoS was tested by the community and me, major bugs were reported. No fixes were done by the developers, so it was wasted effort at the end of the day.
walnutplug

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:48:04 AM

love this coin. has a cool name and icon. will have a great future if the stars align.  Kiss
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:02:28 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 10:48:05 AM by cryptohunter

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

Developers were paid to do a PoS upgrade, I recommended using Peercoin as a base, someone decided instead to use a buggy PivX masternode/PoS implementation as a base. The masternode code was far from working, PoS was tested by the community and me, major bugs were reported. No fixes were done by the developers, so it was wasted effort at the end of the day.

I know you are busy with obviously a full time well paid job and quark although a great creation emulated and copied by many is now due an upgrade.

I believe you need to just get more involved here and be open for discussion with all persons not just through one vessel.

Vic is a great asset to quark and is one that is always putting a lot of effort and energy into the project. I have always found him to be very communicative and open. I am glad quark has him.

Back in the day I really liked coinmama and qrk hmmmm what was his name qrkfx something anyway he was great and it is sad they are gone now. I would even like to set a pot of quark accumulated and these people brought back to quark team. They helped to make quark great and it is sad they left after all that they did.

I believe all of us can pull together and work as a team. There need not be one figurehead although if there is to be a figurehead they must be available to work on quark full time not as a hobby now and then.

Anyone can enter quark now in quite a large way the project has sunk to a laughable low value. This is the time for true believers to scoop up quark and get more involved. I though I was getting a bargain at 1000 sats lately but now I see it has gone to 50 -100 sats. Anyone can get involved right now with quark. No more nonsense about it all being kept by whales if the whales held through the last spike of 4000 sats down to 50 sats then they are not interested in pump and dumps to sell it anymore than whales in any other project.

I think we just need full transparency ON THIS THREAD so people that do not yet want to dedicate themselves to slack for each and every project can get involved.

This is not the time for arguing and pulling what qrk manpower we have apart.

I agree max has been a poor leader for these years. This does not mean he is a total waste of space just that I believe he created a fair release POW coin which I guarantee regardless of the lies and bullshit told to you could be mined by anyone from the start and if you had the mining firepower you got the most. I believe max got very few of this own creation and therefore did not have much incentive to put much time in to it.

Sadly that must change and I hope max you are scooping up these qrks at 50-100-200 sats by the bucket load and now have some incentive to help.

I think all decisions for quark should be democratically voted on by the real quark community and discussed here.

If speca has cryptographic skills to work on quark then that is great there is no reason for him not to work on qrk too this is very exciting news and it is great we have him

It does not matter really who is lead dev or not. max is creator but does not mean has to be lead dev if all he mostly has time for is reviewing code.

Either way it is not sensible to lose any coding power from the quark team right now but we need to find a way to work together. Decisions should be  taken by the community as a whole so that will null and ego and friction between the superbrains (developers).

QRK the coin is a famous aged and fairly mined POW coin. This is not a project that will be hard to revive once there is some kind of modernised reasonable code to get behind.

I have no idea how pIVx is so buggy since it seems to work fine for them and is a large cap coin.

I would like to see a laymans (if possible ) explanation by Max as to why pivx is so buggy and still is such a large cap project?

Creator and lead dev does not have to mean the same thing so if we need a non anon dev to get on bittrex i do not see a problem. Max does not need to be concerned he is the creator and that is not going to change but we need new developers that can work full time or at least put a lot of time into qrk and developers that can work together well with other developers.

I detect some friction here between the inner circle of qrk and this is always what has killed qrk from the inside out.

Let's change this and stop arguing and work together in a transparent manner on this thread to move forward as a team. Inner fighting and ego must be eliminated.

Let's find a way to forget any past issues there have been and start fresh from now. If max can assist in anyway then that is great, more than one developer is required in any serious project now. The big project have teams of devs that have to get along and work together.

Any unsolvable dispute at a high level should be put to the community to decide so there is less friction and ego issues within the leadership.

I would like to see a clear and realistic road map published and put in the OP like other coins like cbx who are making a big come back lately.

QRK WDC MEGA CBX  - these were giants in the wave 1 alts..... quark more than the others no way will qrk end here.

Forget slack ,all discussions (except indepth secret sauce quark plans) should be on thread to keep this on page 1 and encourage more interest and involvement in this project.

Pacatum needs to return our funds if they did not create a working product. Who is alex anyway? does he have a username on this board?

This part max said

"No fixes were done by the developers, so it was wasted effort at the end of the day"

these fixes need to be done by pacatum else return our funds we have wasted enough time and funding on messing about that it has crushed qrks cap down to 500k usd at one point. This is quite unacceptable and I am not at all happy with how quark has been treated here. Qrks community could become very upset with this and rightly so. Any internet based company rests heavily on its feedback online so it is important to keep and entire community of forum posters very happy.

Pondi

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:37:16 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 08:31:38 PM by Pondi

Who have we got here

I know about

vic -
cryptovation -

vic -
cryptovation -
speca - coder
pondi -

I know you are busy with obviously a full time well paid job and quark although a great creation emulated and copied by many is now due an upgrade.

I believe you need to just get more involved here and be open for discussion with all persons not just through one vessel.

Vic is a great asset to quark and is one that is always putting a lot of effort and energy into the project. I have always found him to be very communicative and open. I am glad quark has him.

Back in the day I really liked coinmama and qrk hmmmm what was his name qrkfx something anyway he was great and it is sad they are gone now. I would even like to set a pot of quark accumulated and these people brought back to quark team. They helped to make quark great and it is sad they left after all that they did.

I believe all of us can pull together and work as a team. There need not be one figurehead although if there is to be a figurehead they must be available to work on quark full time not as a hobby now and then.

Anyone can enter quark now in quite a large way the project has sunk to a laughable low value. This is the time for true believers to scoop up quark and get more involved. I though I was getting a bargain at 1000 sats lately but now I see it has gone to 50 -100 sats. Anyone can get involved right now with quark. No more nonsense about it all being kept by whales if the whales held through the last spike of 4000 sats down to 50 sats then they are not interested in pump and dumps to sell it anymore than whales in any other project.

I think we just need full transparency ON THIS THREAD so people that do not yet want to dedicate themselves to slack for each and every project can get involved.

This is not the time for arguing and pulling what qrk manpower we have apart.

I agree max has been a poor leader for these years. This does not mean he is a total waste of space just that I believe he created a fair release POW coin which I guarantee regardless of the lies and bullshit told to you could be mined by anyone from the start and if you had the mining firepower you got the most. I believe max got very few of this own creation and therefore did not have much incentive to put much time in to it.

Sadly that must change and I hope max you are scooping up these qrks at 50-100-200 sats by the bucket load and now have some incentive to help.

I think all decisions for quark should be democratically voted on by the real quark community and discussed here.

If speca has cryptographic skills to work on quark then that is great there is no reason for him not to work on qrk too this is very exciting news and it is great we have him

It does not matter really who is lead dev or not. max is creator but does not mean has to be lead dev if all he mostly has time for is reviewing code.

Either way it is not sensible to lose any coding power from the quark team right now but we need to find a way to work together. Decisions should be  taken by the community as a whole so that will null and ego and friction between the superbrains (developers).

QRK the coin is a famous aged and fairly mined POW coin. This is not a project that will be hard to revive once there is some kind of modernised reasonable code to get behind.

I have no idea how pIVx is so buggy since it seems to work fine for them and is a large cap coin.

I would like to see a laymans (if possible ) explanation by Max as to why pivx is so buggy and still is such a large cap project?

Creator and lead dev does not have to mean the same thing so if we need a non anon dev to get on bittrex i do not see a problem. Max does not need to be concerned he is the creator and that is not going to change but we need new developers that can work full time or at least put a lot of time into qrk and developers that can work together well with other developers.

I detect some friction here between the inner circle of qrk and this is always what has killed qrk from the inside out.

Let's change this and stop arguing and work together in a transparent manner on this thread to move forward as a team. Inner fighting and ego must be eliminated.

Let's find a way to forget any past issues there have been and start fresh from now. If max can assist in anyway then that is great, more than one developer is required in any serious project now. The big project have teams of devs that have to get along and work together.

Any unsolvable dispute at a high level should be put to the community to decide so there is less friction and ego issues within the leadership.

I would like to see a clear and realistic road map published and put in the OP like other coins like cbx who are making a big come back lately.

QRK WDC MEGA CBX  - these were giants in the wave 1 alts..... quark more than the others no way will qrk end here.

Forget slack ,all discussions (except indepth secret sauce quark plans) should be on thread to keep this on page 1 and encourage more interest and involvement in this project.

Pacatum needs to return our funds if they did not create a working product. Who is alex anyway? does he have a username on this board?

This part max said

"No fixes were done by the developers, so it was wasted effort at the end of the day"

these fixes need to be done by pacatum else return our funds we have wasted enough time and funding on messing about that it has crushed qrks cap down to 500k usd at one point. This is quite unacceptable and I am not at all happy with how quark has been treated here. Qrks community could become very upset with this and rightly so. Any internet based company rests heavily on its feedback online so it is important to keep and entire community of forum posters very happy.

Wow, what a fantastic post. Thank you for the time you spent writing such a lengthy perspective. You provide much consideration for so many angles. I agree with much of what you present in your post. Your energy is well appreciated.
Regarding your questions about Pacatum, Alex etc, Vic can answer, as he knows having had direct contact.
tubexc

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:59:34 PM

Hopefully when it's done we can get on a large exchange. Anything new going on?
Shanto

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:49:25 PM

I don't know anything about the drama going on but I see a chart that's ready to pop.

If the devs get their sh*t together and give the coin new unique features.
Pondi

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:15:54 PM

At last a bootstrap.

]

or

OR

or

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:19:23 PM

At last a bootstrap.

]

or

OR

or

Thank for the appreciative remarks regarding my post. That's was cool.

You too look to have been putting a lot of effort into quark too. Thats great to see.

If we can all  work together here we can get quark back on track in no time.

mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:49:41 PM

You too look to have been putting a lot of effort into quark too. Thats great to see.

If we can all  work together here we can get quark back on track in no time.

I will echo - thanks for your post CH.

I will also echo that I think this divisiveness should stop and we should all be finding a way forward together as opposed to trying to create factions.

Every one of us has flaws - I am not the most technical person but have really tried hard to manage things to drive Quark forward. Craig has really tried to do this as well. A number of circumstances have gotten in the way recently which has made things very tough - always one step forward two steps backwards.

Max is quiet, and busy - but throwing him under the bus is doing a disservice to the amount of time he's put into Quark over 4 years and the commitment he showed in honoring his pledge to keep it updated. He kept periodically working on it for years despite no actual community activity at all - to me that shows dedication and I respect his efforts.

Like Max, I am very busy outside of this as well. So is everyone else - that's why we should all be working together and making complex tasks easier through inclusion.

I respect and appreciate Cryptovations and Pondi's efforts to date through these difficult months - it has been a slog and I appreciate the many reasons emotions have flared, but I really would ask that everyone put themselves aside and do what's best for everyone here - and that I believe centers on creating unity moving forward.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:10:08 AM

If we can all  work together here we can get quark back on track in no time.

I will echo - thanks for your post CH.

I will also echo that I think this divisiveness should stop and we should all be finding a way forward together as opposed to trying to create factions.

Every one of us has flaws - I am not the most technical person but have really tried hard to manage things to drive Quark forward. Craig has really tried to do this as well. A number of circumstances have gotten in the way recently which has made things very tough - always one step forward two steps backwards.

Max is quiet, and busy - but throwing him under the bus is doing a disservice to the amount of time he's put into Quark over 4 years and the commitment he showed in honoring his pledge to keep it updated. He kept periodically working on it for years despite no actual community activity at all - to me that shows dedication and I respect his efforts.

Like Max, I am very busy outside of this as well. So is everyone else - that's why we should all be working together and making complex tasks easier through inclusion.

I respect and appreciate Cryptovations and Pondi's efforts to date through these difficult months - it has been a slog and I appreciate the many reasons emotions have flared, but I really would ask that everyone put themselves aside and do what's best for everyone here - and that I believe centers on creating unity moving forward.

You're welcome vic. I have not been watching qrk that closely of late but it was my first real big coin I mined so I would like to see it succeed.

Of course I wasn't say throw max under a bus but he must step up with the involvement behind the scene and visibility to the rest of the community. He is the creator of qrk that will not change.

Many devs are required to make a big project now. Ego is the only issue that needs to be taken out of the equation so any sticking points should be decided democratically by quark holders. A voting system like a few other projects have would be very nice.

Any dev with enough skill and wants to work on quark should be found a task if possible. Any really skilled developer with lots of time for quark should be a candidate for lead dev. No point creating something then treating it merely as a hobby this is a serious project most serious projects have full time devs and sometimes many of them.

Max can remain creator and dev but if he does not have the time he does not need to be lead dev that can pass to any developer willing to work on quark hopefully soon there will be a team of devs working here if they are even half smart and are loading up at these ludicrous prices.

With quark max created a fairly mined and much praised and copied code base ... the fairness was perhaps its eventual downfall although I approve of fairness because if he has premined a huge amount or instamined a huge amount he may have shown more interest and kept quark updated. I have nothing against max at all he seems fine just too busy with real life to be a lead dev on a project that is going to enter the top100 again anytime soon. If he says he can come work on quark as more than a hobby then that would be excellent.

Let;s all find a way to work together on this else we wont succeed as fast as we could.

Be good to have something working sooner than later so we can get on some larger exchanges and blocknet too.

I would like to be able to tout this a a great comeback and excellent investment buy but we need some solid new code base that is fully working before such predictions can even seem reasonable. Of course 500k cap or 1m cap is laughable for such a historic coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: