Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:07:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 63967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:16:51 PM

I followed the tutorial to install the wallet QUARK and its bootstrap.
Thanks Dev, it works well.
The advantage of Quark is the equitable distribution of money and the whole project that is coming.
Long Life Quark

No problem, thanks for the feedback. It helps the community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pondi

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:27:49 PM

I'm guessing Max has the last say in this?

Decred.

Yay or Nay, President

That's not really how decentralised projects work. Many a project has a community take over.

However yes max will have a big say of course but not the final say.

If the communities will is to become a decred or pivx type coin then thats how it will go.

Of course if max has a very good reason that makes sense to not go that way the community I am sure will listen to this and take heed.

Im sure every quark holder wants what is best for quark and their quark investment.

I am very interested to hear what max says on this myself.

I can see no good reason not to do this but then if you don;t understand the tech it may sound a good idea but may not be one in actuality. I await to hear if max says there is a negative side to going this route.

If nothing there are not proven negatives to going that route then I am sure the community will want to do something now that quark has been reduced to practically a shadow of itself.

We cant hang around forever though waiting for this.

I think if after another 7 days no negatives are outlined for this course of action it will be time to proceed.

We seem to have been chasing our tail for months and this has resulted in a crash from 4k sats to 50 sats. This is not the intended consequence we all had in mind.

Sorry - wanted to think about things and chat with Max before I weighed in at all, as I'm also not as familiar with the technical side.

The benefits of a coin swap are obvious - rapid move forward to a modern code base from which to develop further, which removes the lengthy development cycle and reduces manpower, capital investments, and time to achieve the result. These are all very valuable assets, and this does probably serve current investors well in my opinion.

The drawback is that you are eliminating the old blockchain with its history, and are potentially leaving people holding historic assets out in the cold in favor of currently active members given that there is a bias towards those people being able to know about and act upon the swap. You could potentially also commit to swapping for people that pop up later as well, but it makes it a little difficult I'd think, and is certainly a barrier for those people.

On potential coins to swap to - according to Max, when he looked the majority of coins that would be reasonable swap candidates, he found that most are based upon and older bitcoin code base than what we are sitting at, which means in order to get segwit, etc, then you'd have to turn around and upgrade the code base, which I believe would take a lot of work for many of these more complicated projects.

Decred is an exception to this - however, from what Max indicated, it is actually not based on bitcoin code - it has been built using a new code base written not in C++, but GO. Therefore, there are few/no other projects that you can easily employ code from for upgrades, and you would either have to build the upgrades completely yourself, or rely upon the Decred team to do it first. This has advantages and disadvantages - if you have a skilled team, you'd have a good code base to start from and could focus on innovation. However, alternatively it could pose a real struggle to upgrade if you don't have the manpower.

With the decentralized governance/funding, you could hire - however Max did also indicate that developers with the required skills would be harder to find. Max himself is not as familiar with GO from what I understand.

Hey Vic,
A coin swap if done properly, is just like a hard fork. Basically a hard fork is an upgrade that forces the client to upgrade to the new client to have transactions validated. A soft fork is a client upgrade that still allows old non upgraded clients to remain valid on the upgrade. There is absolutely no risk of legacy asset holders missing out. All they will need is the wallet.dat file, just like faircoin's model. A coinswap just like a hard fork. Its a non issue.
No one and I mean no one will miss out period.

Vic you mentioned that on potential coins to swap - according to Max that he found they were based on older bitcoin base than we are sitting at currently.

PIVx is up to date with the same v.0.10. that Quark is currently on but with all the stable working upgrade features that Quark lacks. PIVX utilizes Bitcoin Core by default. It uses the current Bitcoin v0.10.x core in combination with some already committed v0.13.2 updates. Since its launch on January 31, 2016, PIVX has been the only PoS cryptocurrency to be based on Bitcoin Core v0.10.x or above, making it the most up to date and technically advanced PoS cryptocurrencies in the market.

PIVX inherits all the technical features of Dash, including the masternodes, instant transfers, and private transfers. The PIVX team is working on further improving the platform by updating it to v0.12.1.x Dash core with enhanced features like IPv6 support, along with the existing IPv4 and TOR Network support.

https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/pivx-forks-dash-to-provide-private-instant-verified-transactions-and-community-designed-governance

Maybe Max was unaware of this fact??

Looking at all the compatibility PIVx has with Quark I see it as the obvious choice for Quark to coin swap/hard fork to and then upgrade later for segwit etc. Faircoin has the best coinswap / hard fork template to use in my opinion so it can be an open ended timeless coin swap so no legacy asset holders will miss out. I see no reason why we cannot Take all the added benefits of PIVx and upgrade Quark to a very stable working product PIVx.

Right so legacy holders will not be left behind.

So pivX or decred it is. I do appreciate unless we have a talented GO dev then perhaps it could be wise to stick with code speca and max are familiar with.

That would confirm PIVX to be the most compatible choice for Quark at this present moment. Now looking into the best way for the coin swap for everyone, I will post the options shortly.
AlphaInterceptor

Activity: 277

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:26:25 PM

Guys, can you kindly explain why to install the new version with bootstrap? What is pivx?
I know i am definately missing smthng...
I am sitting on my quarks for too long, is anything going to happen any time soon?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:07:05 PM

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)
]

To sync in a few minutes.

https://mega.nz/#!ZToHXAqA!YjuNPdBYSc3UgOeb5IlcQoyIubpSl4g2C-bP7hr9J9g

or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1u6u4n6p3w2fcp9/Quarkcoin.rar
or
http://108.61.216.160/cryptochainer.chains/chains/Quarkcoin_blockchain.zip

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first) 

2. download zip file and save to your hard drive.

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract all the files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

5. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.
 C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming

or
or

New additional link added

nice one thank u

back here after the boom in 2013
_flatlands_

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:11:25 PM

Guys, can you kindly explain why to install the new version with bootstrap? What is pivx?
I am sitting on my quarks for too long, is anything going to happen any time soon?

The bootstrap is a quick way to sync your wallet if you're not already in sync.

Pivx was mentioned in discussion as an option to fork from.
Pondi

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:53:15 PM

There seems to be an issue for some people to sync their wallet, the bootstrap is a remedy for those issues and provides aan avenue to get a new wallet up and running fast if reuired.
PIVX is a coin that uses the Quark algorithm, but has all the innovation we seek for Quark, so we are intending to hard fork or coin swap to PIVX technology
ninjacoins

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:15:56 PM

Is there also a possibility to add the Zerocoin protocol?
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:08:57 PM

Synced the wallet on my new machine. Works nice and smooth.
Very looking forward to the second life of Quark.
Would you have any timeframe for the change?
quarkcoin (OP)

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:07:03 PM

Downloading the bootstrap has some risks involved:

1. The source needs to be trusted to not provide a bogus blockchain
2. The blocks are not fully verified by your node

If you care more about speed of your download than security of the blockchain, then the bootstap is your answer.
Pondi

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:16:35 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 11:32:27 PM by Pondi

Downloading the bootstrap has some risks involved:

1. The source needs to be trusted to not provide a bogus blockchain
2. The blocks are not fully verified by your node

If you care more about speed of your download than security of the blockchain, then the bootstap is your answer.

Hahaha,
its better than not being able to sync at all and its very easy to verify that its not bogus as the existing nodes won't validate you as a node on a bogus chain.  Its easy, just check your synced wallet block height with the block explorer.

If anyone has a problem ask and I will be more than happy to answer anyone's objections.
speca777

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:37:02 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 12:05:53 AM by speca777

Rest assured, I confirm with sheer confidence the latest bootstrap file maintains its full integrity and security.
Pondi

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:39:56 PM

Rest assured, I confirm with sheer confidence the latest bootstrap file maintains its full integrity and security.

Rest assured, I confirm with sheer confidence Speca777 despite his single post history. Grin
AlphaInterceptor

Activity: 277

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:03:34 AM

There seems to be an issue for some people to sync their wallet, the bootstrap is a remedy for those issues and provides aan avenue to get a new wallet up and running fast if reuired.
PIVX is a coin that uses the Quark algorithm, but has all the innovation we seek for Quark, so we are intending to hard fork or coin swap to PIVX technology

Thank you for explanation guys. I switched to the latest version of the wallet and did bootstrap sync- all went well.
Looking forward to Quark coin improvement.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pondi

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:13:11 AM

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)
]

or
or

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first) 

2. download zip file and save to your hard drive.

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract all the files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

5. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.
 C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming

or
or

New additional link added
Pondi

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:18:07 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 12:36:33 AM by Pondi

Courtesy of Speca777 of which made me laugh.
Thanks Speca
Pondi

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:42:56 AM

Thank you for explanation guys. I switched to the latest version of the wallet and did bootstrap sync- all went well.
Looking forward to Quark coin improvement.

Thanks for the feedback, well done with your wallet.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:07:46 AM

I used the bootstrap files on my client, I'm mining away on a pool and receiving coins at my address.  If it was on a bogus blockchain that wouldn't happen.

speca777

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:16:30 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/8ZFPy6Mr8Oqt2/giphy.gif
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:11:51 PM

Where are we on the pivX fork? who is able to even do this and get it released without issue?

Speca777  - are you able to do this?

What is the time scale on this?

Pondi

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:02:03 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 05:44:11 AM by Pondi

Where are we on the pivX fork? who is able to even do this and get it released without issue?

Speca777  - are you able to do this?

What is the time scale on this?

Thanks for all your intelligent questions and suggestions ;   your input is greatly respected and appreciated.  
Currently, its still a work in progress with speca. We have had delays as speca has over the past few weeks been attending to personal matters of great importance that take the preeminence over refurbishing quark.
Plus, you may or may not be aware that speca is new to blockchain. He has just had his mind blown apart by the technology and the plethora of systems available. He wants to understand everything and right now he is deep in the pos engine to understand it completely, its how a good developer should be, to Know the technology you work with inside and out, it just requires a little bit more patients from us the users and investors. It will pay off for us in the long run as with him as a developer for quark, we can be on bittrex and other fine trading platforms. I am telling you this to keep you and the community in the loop, so you know what is going on. Transparency is the key, for integrity.
Speca will post in the coming days.
Thanks again
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: