Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:27:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 63967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:09:52 PM

Where are we on the pivX fork? who is able to even do this and get it released without issue?

Speca777  - are you able to do this?

What is the time scale on this?

Thanks for all your intelligent questions and suggestions ;   your input is greatly respected and appreciated. 
Currently, its still a work in progress with speca. We have had delays as speca has over the past few weeks been attending to personal matters of great importance that take the preeminence over refurbishing quark.
Plus, you may or may not be aware that speca is new to blockchain. He has just had his mind blown apart by the technology and the plethora of systems available. He wants to understand everything and right now he is deep in the pos engine to understand it completely, its how a good developer should be, to Know the technology you work with inside and out, it just requires a little bit more patients from us the users and investors. It will pay off for us in the long run as with him as a developer for quark, we can be on bittrex and other fine trading platforms. I am telling you this to keep you and the community in the loop, so you know what is going on. Transparency is the key, for integrity.
Speca will post in the coming days.
Thanks again
Thanks again

Cheers for the information Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:52:44 AM

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)
]

To sync in a few minutes.

https://mega.nz/#!ZToHXAqA!YjuNPdBYSc3UgOeb5IlcQoyIubpSl4g2C-bP7hr9J9g

or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1u6u4n6p3w2fcp9/Quarkcoin.rar
or
http://108.61.216.160/cryptochainer.chains/chains/Quarkcoin_blockchain.zip

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first) 

2. download zip file and save to your hard drive.

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract all the files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

5. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.
 C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming

To sync in a few minutes.

https://mega.nz/#!ZToHXAqA!YjuNPdBYSc3UgOeb5IlcQoyIubpSl4g2C-bP7hr9J9g
or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1u6u4n6p3w2fcp9/Quarkcoin.rar
or
http://108.61.216.160/cryptochainer.chains/chains/Quarkcoin_blockchain.zip

New additional link added
john yuan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:58:11 AM

I followed the tutorial to install the wallet QUARK and its bootstrap.
Thanks Dev, it works well.
The advantage of Quark is the equitable distribution of money and the whole project that is coming.
Long Life Quark
After losing China's regional trade center, QRK has no new plans or measures?
AlphaInterceptor

Activity: 277

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:32:19 AM

China's regional trade center

Can you explain what is that?

Thx

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pondi

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:16:05 AM

I followed the tutorial to install the wallet QUARK and its bootstrap.
Thanks Dev, it works well.
The advantage of Quark is the equitable distribution of money and the whole project that is coming.
Long Life Quark
After losing China's regional trade center, QRK has no new plans or measures?
We have plans to upgrade platform, website, backup support, marketing, leading trusted exchange listings.....everything that is currently broken with quark. Quark has an advantage over startups as we already have a 4 year distribution of coins. Its exciting!
walnutplug

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:49:28 PM

Exciting times ahead  Kiss
yee

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:36:19 PM

Another Max's scam?.
Pondi

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:02:52 AM

Another Max's scam?.
Not this time.
yee

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:22:49 AM

I will not invest in this currency until it is proven that it is not a scam
Pondi

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:38:17 PM

good call, I cannot criticize that decision. Quark has a terrible public history and reputation, just wait and see what is broken get fixed.

nuttynoah

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:11:14 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 09:56:06 PM by nuttynoah

Someone posted this on Slack a while back, thought i'd share it.

p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:22:29 PM

Someone posted this on Slack a while back, thought i'd share it.

This proper fidjet spinner looks amazing! As they are  a new trend for the new generations, it could be a good idea to make more with different design, as there are available around. But keeping the main design. Well done
LuckyLlama

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:57:43 PM

[/quote]
good call, I cannot criticize that decision. Quark has a terrible public history and reputation, just wait and see what is broken get fixed.

[/quote]

Is a rebrand a possibility?  New devs, new team, new name  Smiley
yee

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:32:15 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

until Max does not sell all his coins and leave the team I will not invest here
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:41:09 AM

[/quote]

until Max does not sell all his coins and leave the team I will not invest here
[/quote]

Rebrand quark? that is not a good idea in my opinion. Quark is one of the oldest most famous currencies here. The name is the best thing about it.

mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:54:07 PM

Hi everyone,
While this discussion has diverted away from the originally intended upgrades, Max and I have been working with Pacatum in order to get the POS/POW hybrid code working. Max has now released a new public beta release with the POS code - if anyone would like to test it and provide feedback, it would be much appreciated.

From Max:
"New public beta for Quark that includes the POS functionality
https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.5.0-beta5

POS beta5 for testnet

Testnet rules:

POW active from block 1
POW reward starts at 2048 QRK and drops to 1 QRK at block 250
POS starts at block 110
Minimum stake age is 1 hour
POS reward is 4%

To run a private testnet, run wallets on multiple machines and start e.g.

quark-qt -testnet=1 -connect=ip_node1 -connect=ip_node2

To run on public testnet, run wallets with:

quark-qt -testnet=1"
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:04:32 PM

Hi everyone,
While this discussion has diverted away from the originally intended upgrades, Max and I have been working with Pacatum in order to get the POS/POW hybrid code working. Max has now released a new public beta release with the POS code - if anyone would like to test it and provide feedback, it would be much appreciated.

From Max:

POS beta5 for testnet

Testnet rules:

POW active from block 1
POS starts at block 110
POS reward is 4%

quark-qt -testnet=1"

So this is based off of PIVX or PPC ? - will we in stages bring in the other pivX features other than POS?

does this have masternodes and the seesaw pos? governance ?  dev funding?

What is this that pactum have created so far?

If we upgrade like this in stages what is the time frame to patch in all the features of pivX and how is this better than just copying pivx latest build and doing a coin swap?

Can max be more active on this thread. I have not heard a peep out of him for days on end.

I guess he has checked this through already?

If we update in stages won't we have to pay for every stage of the upgrade with both exchanges?

We just need the fastest route to all the new features we want for the least cost.

mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:44:18 PM

Hi everyone,

From Max:

POS beta5 for testnet

Testnet rules:

POW active from block 1
POS starts at block 110
POS reward is 4%

quark-qt -testnet=1"

So this is based off of PIVX or PPC ? - will we in stages bring in the other pivX features other than POS?

does this have masternodes and the seesaw pos? governance ?  dev funding?

What is this that pactum have created so far?

If we upgrade like this in stages what is the time frame to patch in all the features of pivX and how is this better than just copying pivx latest build and doing a coin swap?

Can max be more active on this thread. I have not heard a peep out of him for days on end.

I guess he has checked this through already?

If we update in stages won't we have to pay for every stage of the upgrade with both exchanges?

We just need the fastest route to all the new features we want for the least cost.

This POS is, according to Max, a bit of a hybrid between PIVX and PPC. As has been stated before, masternode code was written, but the focus has been debugging the POS code to date, as Max was concerned about being able to debug everything all at once and was concerned about implementing too many major changes at once. This work has been happening over the last couple of weeks since we made contact with Pacatum again - this allows the community an alternative/fallback/confirmed plan which is in my opinion prudent considering a lot of time, effort and money was already invested in this.

The Masternode code I believe is basic masternodes, but the focus has been on developing the POS code to secure the network first and foremost. Yes, likely additional investment would be needed at each stage.

The timing is prolonged doing this in stages. In previous conversations, each hard fork would need about a 6-8 week lead-time in order to allow for the whole next to upgrade to the new wallet (ie. nodes, exchanges, mining pools). The 6-8 weeks should be a reasonable window I think in order to review the next stage, however as we've seen, this process has taken longer than expected to date.

I don't disagree re: the timing issues. However, I do think abandoning previous work that needed a bit of cleaning up to be viable would be wasteful.

So far I have not received any indication that suggests that Max or I's involvement in the coin swap plan is desired. If the community ultimately wants to go that route, then I support it fully, however, its looking like I won't be involved.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:42:00 PM

Thanks for the reply vic

this last bit

So far I have not received any indication that suggests that Max or I's involvement in the coin swap plan is desired. If the community ultimately wants to go that route, then I support it fully, however, its looking like I won't be involved.

Who is max or i's? the i's?

Can max come here and just explain why do it like this and not do a straight clone of pivx and do a coin swap to take away all the pain and waiting?

Also why is it looking like you won't be involved?

I know it is a waste of the resources we put into pactum ect but why are we reinventing the wheel? is there a good explanation?

I can't seem to grasp why max can't come here and say why it is a bad idea to just clone pivX as it is now and coin swap?

6-8 weeks for every update is going to take a long time isn't it and be costly for exchanges right ? they charge a lot for each update don't they?

It's hugely frustrating to me to have a lead dev who does not just come here for a few hours and make clear everything we all want to know.

It's like we are going around and around in big circles. This has taken months to get to a test net for adding just pos?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:06:54 PM

Thanks for the reply vic

this last bit

Who is max or i's? the i's?

Can max come here and just explain why do it like this and not do a straight clone of pivx and do a coin swap to take away all the pain and waiting?

Also why is it looking like you won't be involved?

I know it is a waste of the resources we put into pactum ect but why are we reinventing the wheel? is there a good explanation?

I can't seem to grasp why max can't come here and say why it is a bad idea to just clone pivX as it is now and coin swap?

6-8 weeks for every update is going to take a long time isn't it and be costly for exchanges right ? they charge a lot for each update don't they?

It's hugely frustrating to me to have a lead dev who does not just come here for a few hours and make clear everything we all want to know.

It's like we are going around and around in big circles. This has taken months to get to a test net for adding just pos?

I agree that its completely frustrating trying to work with Max and his ways. This is why I welcome a complete new beginning and a complete severing of all ties to the past. This means anyone who can be tied to the negative history of Quark. Quark requires the laying of a new foundation to build upon that will move Quark forward into the future with a new reputation in the industry and attracting new contributors who will be confident to attach themselves to the reputation of the project.

Without laying this new foundation and starting a new beginning our efforts will be in vain and frustrated by the past.

The negative history of quark is a bit of a myth compared to any other project here really.

Max I have no real knowledge of accept he launched the coin.

I think anyone that wants to work on quark should be able to contribute.

I do not think Max should be lead dev. By his own words he only has time for coding reviews (which is good still because we need code reviews so he can certainly be very helpful there) but how can you have a lead dev that has no time for developing??

However do we have another person that is capable of coding and developing at this stage? It seems speca is a very smart guy but is not used to working with crypto right?

Vic has always be a good quarker to my knowledge so I hope he will be very involved.

Patching these updates in over time seems ludicrous to me over just going with the most recent build of pivX. Then again I am not a cryptographer or coder so i want max to tell me his reasoning for not wanting to go that route. I mean if pivx is broken project (and i am not sure if it is or not because I notice blocknet had to do some emergency fixes to their code) it is holding a huge cap if it is full of bugs.

I mean if max could explain his reasoning it would be interesting to hear.

Is there no way we can just put all of our differences aside and try and work as a team - all of us together?

I know it is frustrating to wait for max approval/disaproval on things and if he does not respond within a reasonable time frame of a few days then we have to move ahead without waiting.

How hard can it be to come here and just say it is not a good move to copy and paste piv and do a coins swap because.....bla bla bla

I sense vic and max have become isolated from the other new quarkers who are putting a lot of effort in and want to get things moving ahead. Be good if we can all just regroup and get things moving ahead in a transparent way.

One thing is for sure though max needs to get a lot more vocal on this thread if we are to await his input on decisions. Time scale is VERY important here now.

Is this pivX/ppc hybrid proven to be an advantage over just PIvx?

Shit i wish i was a developer so i could get this thing moving forward or even know which is the best direction to go.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: