Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:36:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] Horizen: Unbounded By Design  (Read 217175 times)
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:58:22 AM

Zen won't go below the $1, too late guy, sorry if you wanted to set up a node for cheap. Horizen is suffering less compared to some altcoins. When it changed the name, the team did it after listening to the community, I mean they considered the community and didn't make the switch suddenly. Did you participate?

Horizen has a stable team for a long time now, you may see about its marketing strategy, but did you check what the dev. did for the tech? In 1 year, I believe the team did a huge work so far (and not only for Horizen but also for the whole crypto community).
You may don't like the name, I am personally ok with your opinion, anyone shall have one. If you call the name good for dumbs, I wonder how you would call the coins with a really dumb name
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:08:43 PM

I’ve a very basic question. So ZEN circulating supply increases everyday as the 70%, 10%, 10% and 10% coins are distributed to miners, node holders and the team fund. Why does CMC not reflect this increased circulating supply?
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:13:22 AM

Horizen Sidechains White Paper: Decoupled Consensus Between Chains

https://blog.zencash.com/horizen-sidechains/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_content=ann&utm_campaign=sidechain_whitepaper

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:23:59 AM

Horizen and Cripto Conserje team up to battle the refugee Crisis in Latin America and help communities in need !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJo0LNcUdg&feature=youtu.be

https://blog.zencash.com/horizen-cripto-conserje-outreach-efforts/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=Cripto%20Conserje

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:47:43 AM

I’ve a very basic question. So ZEN circulating supply increases everyday as the 70%, 10%, 10% and 10% coins are distributed to miners, node holders and the team fund. Why does CMC not reflect this increased circulating supply?

https://www.horizen.global/

CMC are inaccurate for few blocks, this is probably due to longer period of refreshing, I will check this anyway.

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:59:20 AM

Please vote for ZEN, we are almost there!

https://folex.io/category/voting/

You can rent this space
MihailJ

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:22:27 AM

Horizen Teams Up With Cripto Conserje – Refugee Relief And Mass ZEN Adoption In Latin America
https://blog.zencash.com/horizen-cripto-conserje-outreach-efforts/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=Cripto%20Conserje
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:32:00 PM

Exclusive Interview With the Co-Founder of Horizen,

”Horizen is Tackling the Economically Important Increasing Demand for Privacy”

What is the project’s main focus right now?

Our main focuses right now are in delivering high-quality products that make using our ecosystem much simpler, we’re constantly improving efficiency of our mainchain, and we’re building a decentralized sidechain system. We also have R&D maturing in governance with an on-chain Treasury voting system, and with a comprehensive protocol upgrade to a blockDAG for massive scalability.

https://blockpublisher.com/exclusive-interview-with-the-co-founder-of-horizenhorizen-is-tackling-the-economically-important-increasing-demand-for-privacy/

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:34:20 PM

Zen get listed on http://www.folex.io

https://twitter.com/FolexOfficial/status/1068884762322968577

We won this through voting process!

Please vote for ZEN, we are almost there!

https://folex.io/category/voting/

Thanks for your support!

You can rent this space
blackberry862

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

Solaris & ZeroCoin & txbit.io exchange ! Go !!!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:22:38 PM

Exclusive Interview With the Co-Founder of Horizen,

”Horizen is Tackling the Economically Important Increasing Demand for Privacy”

What is the project’s main focus right now?

Our main focuses right now are in delivering high-quality products that make using our ecosystem much simpler, we’re constantly improving efficiency of our mainchain, and we’re building a decentralized sidechain system. We also have R&D maturing in governance with an on-chain Treasury voting system, and with a comprehensive protocol upgrade to a blockDAG for massive scalability.

https://blockpublisher.com/exclusive-interview-with-the-co-founder-of-horizenhorizen-is-tackling-the-economically-important-increasing-demand-for-privacy/

Great interview.
In addition, Horizen moved upward significantly today with more than 10% increase.
Congrats.
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 05:18:17 AM

Zen won't go below the $1, too late guy, sorry if you wanted to set up a node for cheap. Horizen is suffering less compared to some altcoins. When it changed the name, the team did it after listening to the community, I mean they considered the community and didn't make the switch suddenly. Did you participate?

Horizen has a stable team for a long time now, you may see about its marketing strategy, but did you check what the dev. did for the tech? In 1 year, I believe the team did a huge work so far (and not only for Horizen but also for the whole crypto community).
You may don't like the name, I am personally ok with your opinion, anyone shall have one. If you call the name good for dumbs, I wonder how you would call the coins with a really dumb name

"Behind all alt-newspapers, there's a rich guy funding it, ... "

Hey, Me too I'm an anarchist, we should get a room, Smiley

P.S. Zen is my favorite, 'Whore-Rise-N' hate the name, I don't vote, it only encourages the bastards, ZEN is my favorite coin, and yes if the price drops, hell yes I will do a secure node; Like I said "HORIZON" represents the worst low-cost air-carrier in the USA, what a marketing strategy, why not just rename zencash to monsanto-cash, ... or rigamorti-zen; I think the orginal 'zen' was just fine, ... if it works don't fix it, some people just can't leave things alone, ... For now zen is back-up, but the pressure on the downside will continue, seems to be highly correlated with the terminal collapse of bitcoin.

Do you even know about 'room-101'? or you one of those post millenial cuck'd modern anarchists'?? I'm an 'emma goldman anarchist'

Even at $1USD zen would still be a reputable crypto, hell SIA is what 0.002 but they got 4X or more capitilization then zen, ... the price of a crypto don't mean anything, its the total market capiltilization in gold bullion in singapore/swiss currency that count's. Lastly, ZEN has always been at the wrong end of the top 100 coins, but so what being #1 doesn't mean anything, if Zen is really going to be private&secure, then it will never be the most popular with the moron majority.
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 05:29:01 AM

Hey anything is possible, ZEN ain't likely to go up 2x from here anymore than btc is likely to go up, where is the money going to come from??

On the other hand its xmas time and people want to cash out and pay the bills, lots of people who played crypto in the last two years bought it with credit-cards, ... they need to get out; HODL is for morons, unless of course you got your zen for free by mining, ...

Now that said, mining ain't possible anymore cuz china is giving away the 'z' miners that essentially made the gpu miners into boat anchors, ... and of course there is no point of buying an antminer 'z', cuz by the time your do it bitmain has milked out all the easy difficulty

Now for awhile ZEN said they were going to do something about the problem, but in the meantime BITMAIN has made their algo's even more flexible than any of the z-coins with regards to adaptive mining, regardless of what changes are made to the POW, so now mining is dead, fine

What I liked most about ZEN was that they paid people to run servers, which is good because like in bitcoin, now that mining is dead, who is going to run servers? Sure they can get 'change', but thats only if you find a block, but only the chinese find blocks, cuz they runn miners at 10X

So in time BTC will sat on its rear and do nothing, but ZEN looks better every day Smiley

I think I turned off my GPU rigs back in April, and never turned them back on, well except to hack bitcoin, but that's why I like gpu rigs they can be deployed for anything including ML, but BITCOIN hw is a closed system, as BITMAIN doesn't give you anything to re-deploy the HW, cuz they want it to 'call home'. So I don't buy BITMAIN, because I hate 'closed hw', sort of reminds me of APPLE Sad

Lastly, I'll say that if you participated in the faux politics of ZEN, then you are NO anarchist,
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:11:56 PM

Like I said "HORIZON" represents the worst low-cost air-carrier in the USA, what a marketing strategy, why not just rename zencash to monsanto-cash, ... or rigamorti-zen; I think the orginal 'zen' was just fine, ... if it works don't fix it, some people just can't leave things alone, ... For now zen is back-up, but the pressure on the downside will continue, seems to be highly correlated with the terminal collapse of bitcoin.

Even at $1USD zen would still be a reputable crypto, hell SIA is what 0.002 but they got 4X or more capitilization then zen, ... the price of a crypto don't mean anything, its the total market capiltilization in gold bullion in singapore/swiss currency that count's. Lastly, ZEN has always been at the wrong end of the top 100 coins, but so what being #1 doesn't mean anything, if Zen is really going to be private&secure, then it will never be the most popular with the moron majority.
     Relax it is still ZEN you can check on exchanges. This rebranding process is explained earlier and if you have time please scroll few posts/ pages back. In short Horizen is platform now not just cash - or currency. As I said previously we are distancing Horizen from Zcash because they are not so similar as it was in the beginning, Zcash is cryptocurrency.

-> Yes price and this downtrend is correlated with Bitcoin, but we are working on this as well.

the price of a crypto don't mean anything, its the total market capiltilization in gold bullion in singapore/swiss currency that count's
-> This is general problem with crypto and simple it is not important. BTC for example got in value beyond every imagination, because people believe it is valuable. Gold is just one of standards we accepted trought history. (Salt, spices, shells - we been there but they were abandoned over time) Maybe gold and silver as industrial goods will be also abandoned as standard but this does not mean it will lost their value.

More important is what problem Horizen can solve? We all know how privacy is important these days Cool
Bitcoin is designed to solve few problems, and does not offer complete privacy, Zcash solved this problem and it is perfect as cryptocurrency. Horizen Team is working on platform which can restore privacy in every segnet of life.

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:35:45 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2018, 12:46:38 PM by MedaR

So in time BTC will sat on its rear and do nothing, but ZEN looks better every day Smiley

Lastly, I'll say that if you participated in the faux politics of ZEN, then you are NO anarchist,
Horizen solves and will solve many BTC (not only BTC) problems and disadvantages and main focus is on Privacy.

faux politics of ZEN
I'm not sure I'm understanding this. Horizen is open for all, everything is transparent and explained multiple times.

I think I turned off my GPU rigs back in April, and never turned them back on, well except to hack bitcoin, but that's why I like gpu rigs they can be deployed for anything including ML, but BITCOIN hw is a closed system, as BITMAIN doesn't give you anything to re-deploy the HW, cuz they want it to 'call home'. So I don't buy BITMAIN, because I hate 'closed hw', sort of reminds me of APPLE Sad

As stated previously Horizen is not all about mining. Team do not stand behind false etique of fighting against ASIC, we are working on our own solutions for this problem.

Our developers in cooperation with IOHK are working on BlockDAG. BlockDAG will solve the problem of centralization of hashing power around mining pools as you should be able to solo mine. BlockDAG transition requires a complete code rewrite. It’s a significant project currently projected for Q4 2019 but that’s a soft target as we haven’t designed the architecture yet. We only have a prototype.

You can rent this space
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:26:49 PM

Today Robert Viglione gave speech titled "The Business of Building a Massively Scalable Blockchain Ecosystem" at BlockchainUA conference in Kyiv.

Any chance to see that on youtube? That would be quite interesting but more than that it would be a good marketing tool since nowadays many people watch videos but they don't like to read.

Sure, it will be on youtube. Organisers of conference did video, so we didn't film the speech itself, but made another separate program today, will share it later here when it's online.

Anyone having the youtube link of this video?
Captain Crypto Pants

Activity: 123
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 08:05:25 AM

I have been mining Horizen for a bit with my Mini Z and finally mined enough to start a secure node.  After reading up on how to do this by renting a VPS on Vultr for $4.99 I was feeling like this was a little out of my technical realm. Then I found on the Horizen Discord channel that some companies do the node work for you. I ended up going with www.thesecurenodes.com for $16.95 which hosts your node for three months.

After ordering my node was online in less than an hour. The 42 Zen for collateral are securely locked offline in a Ledger wallet. So far I am way impressed with how easy this was, and at the current depressed price of $6.41 I'm going to buy enough Zen for three more nodes.

I will update as I go. BTC CoolBTC

Friends don't let friends buy XRP
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 03:55:45 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2018, 05:33:47 PM by MedaR

Very nice video about Nodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RlntFugA5Q

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:42:39 PM

I have been mining Horizen for a bit with my Mini Z and finally mined enough to start a secure node.  After reading up on how to do this by renting a VPS on Vultr for $4.99 I was feeling like this was a little out of my technical realm. Then I found on the Horizen Discord channel that some companies do the node work for you. I ended up going with www.thesecurenodes.com for $16.95 which hosts your node for three months.

After ordering my node was online in less than an hour. The 42 Zen for collateral are securely locked offline in a Ledger wallet. So far I am way impressed with how easy this was, and at the current depressed price of $6.41 I'm going to buy enough Zen for three more nodes.

Many services started to grow around our ecosystem, please also check this comunity lists:
https://horizenofficial.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZEN/pages/136872080/Community+VPS+List

Just another reminder
Do not send them your coins nor share with them your private keys!

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:51:33 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 12:57:47 PM by MedaR

Monthly update call is this Wednesday the 5th at 1 PM EST on YouTube!

We will be talking about Horizen Sphere so find out more about new wallet!

https://www.youtube.com/horizen

You can rent this space
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 02:39:18 AM

I have been mining Horizen for a bit with my Mini Z and finally mined enough to start a secure node.  After reading up on how to do this by renting a VPS on Vultr for $4.99 I was feeling like this was a little out of my technical realm. Then I found on the Horizen Discord channel that some companies do the node work for you. I ended up going with www.thesecurenodes.com for $16.95 which hosts your node for three months.

YEP, the real cost of vs is $20/month USD, and you get $9 in ZEN, so its a losing proposition,

What about the super-secure node? Anybody got feedback on REAL return??

I don't see why you would invest in nodes to get zen, it would be cheaper to BUY it rather than run more nodes?
RU for real?

Super-Secure server is probably $80/month for the hw, any report on real ROI/month??

Lastly ZEN is now down 7% today, dropped to 110 on the rank, seems to be losing favor of the masses

Regards to MINING long ago the core group running ZEN made the decision to not make zen asic resistant, now the result is our GPU miners are dead, now BITMAIN says bring it on, no matter what you do, we can crack your algo dag or not, asics now can get 4gb or more ram if needed they can do anything a gpu can do, and they can be redployed for any algo

So anybody that talks asic-resistance here is talking snake-oil, and giving false hope, core group could have done something six months ago, but decided to do nothing, now its too late, BITMAIN now owns Zencash mining, FOREVER.
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: