Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:51:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

If more companies are interested in the coins value will rise. Just HODL your coins.
At first, many projects will buy from facebook but if they know that they can also buy from DATUM they will buy where date is cheaper.

I'm sure DATUM will have more data then Facebook at least I think so Smiley. Probably I'm wrong.
Really curious how this platform will look and how many companies will buy from DATUM.

I'm very excited about this project.
Keep this up team!

It cant have more data than Facebook since there are 2 billion accounts registered on Facebook and Datum, realistically, wont be able to reach that. But still there is a good business here and Datum can still evolve in a very profitable project.

Facebook is a pioneer in this type of business and is certainly not likely to compete with them in terms of the amount of data being collected. Btw, business is always growing. Which one will survive and get more users will be determined by the service itself. If a service can answer the challenges of the times, then such business will grow rapidly.

Many people don't care about the data they are giving away for free. Most Facebook users are the prime example. Maybe Datum can raise the awareness that this is a multi billion dollar market.

Maybe Datum can turn the tables and empower users as to how they use their own data Wink

Datum will most likely focus more on data that gets left behind, like guilty pleasures that we don't put out there on facebook. Facebook and companies like that can only work with the data that you're willing to share with everyone, but they can't have access to the data we don't want to share for free

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:36:52 PM

If more companies are interested in the coins value will rise. Just HODL your coins.
At first, many projects will buy from facebook but if they know that they can also buy from DATUM they will buy where date is cheaper.

I'm sure DATUM will have more data then Facebook at least I think so Smiley. Probably I'm wrong.
Really curious how this platform will look and how many companies will buy from DATUM.

Keep this up team!

It cant have more data than Facebook since there are 2 billion accounts registered on Facebook and Datum, realistically, wont be able to reach that. But still there is a good business here and Datum can still evolve in a very profitable project.

Facebook is a pioneer in this type of business and is certainly not likely to compete with them in terms of the amount of data being collected. Btw, business is always growing. Which one will survive and get more users will be determined by the service itself. If a service can answer the challenges of the times, then such business will grow rapidly.

Many people don't care about the data they are giving away for free. Most Facebook users are the prime example. Maybe Datum can raise the awareness that this is a multi billion dollar market.

Maybe Datum can turn the tables and empower users as to how they use their own data Wink

i hope so. i got the nose full of those sites like fb amazon and so on, which are collecting our data and selling them off. at least amazon could give a bonus yearly for selling of your data Smiley
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:56:36 PM

Keep this up team!

If we were living in Imaginarium, it could have happened. But in real-world services like facebook always sell and make a profit from our data.

When customers get smart and stop using that kind of things, then change will come with it. Datum can't change it, unfortunately. Datum can only bring a new aspect to this.

haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:01:37 PM

Keep this up team!

The biggest company to sell them is Google. They have all your data with all your activities, even traveling. Datum will be the solution to your privacy and keep it to yourself or sell it.
It's great that we can decrease the power of google with this project. In my opinion google got to much power in the last years because everybody uses it every day.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:01:43 PM

i am agog to how much is my data is really worth and how much will the companys pay for it Smiley

Quite a good question. It will take some times for the market to find a "true price".
Yes, i also want to know the explanation of these words "Your data is worth $2000+ USD/year"

I think we all want to know how the $2000+ prediction is made up? Are there studies or something to proof this?

There is no such price for the average person. Total tokens are planned to be sold at 153,000eth. Even if we assume that 1eth is not $340, but let 1eth = $300, then $2000 = 6.66eth, then all the collected eth will suffice just to buy data from 22,973 people. Already in fact wrote above, that basically the data cost less than $1.
But for investors in DATUM this business will bring much more, since huge databases cost a lot of money.
The person who bought the DATUM tokens and the person who sold their data will receive amounts that differ thousands of times.

Yeah but this would mean that the price of 1 coin will stay the same and wouldn't raise or drop.
But yes, I also think that 2000$ is really a bit much.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:03:27 PM

Keep this up team!

The biggest company to sell them is Google. They have all your data with all your activities, even traveling. Datum will be the solution to your privacy and keep it to yourself or sell it.
It's great that we can decrease the power of google with this project. In my opinion google got to much power in the last years because everybody uses it every day.

Each and every product which you are using for free have something of yours.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:06:14 PM

Yeah but this would mean that the price of 1 coin will stay the same and wouldn't raise or drop.

That depends.
It all depends on how the platform will work. I still havent figured out how exactly everything will go

I love the idea and what they will do but how they will do it... I dont get.
Is there someone who can explain it? Please not to technical :p
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:00:35 PM

That depends.
It all depends on how the platform will work. I still havent figured out how exactly everything will go

I love the idea and what they will do but how they will do it... I dont get.
Is there someone who can explain it? Please not to technical :p

maybe datum, roger hänni, will make a easy understandable video for people like you Smiley

or someone from the community could contribute a video to it with some nice grafix Smiley
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:12:09 PM

Keep this up team!

I agree, they are not stupid and know how to take advantage of your browsing history. Plus they usually earn from forcing adds on your screen.

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:05:27 PM

Keep this up team!

I believe what Datum can turn our view data economy, and everyone can sell user data directly to businesses on their own terms.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:36:20 PM

Keep this up team!

I believe what Datum can turn our view data economy, and everyone can sell user data directly to businesses on their own terms.

That's the idea really. that and data privacy which is useful.

Syroamst

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 05:55:00 PM

A good project. We've placed Datum on ICO Drops  https://icodrops.com/datum/

The Best ICO Calendar
█ █ █   ICO Drops   █ █ █
Rating + Bounty List + ROI
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:53:30 PM

i am agog to how much is my data is really worth and how much will the companys pay for it Smiley

Quite a good question. It will take some times for the market to find a "true price".
Yes, i also want to know the explanation of these words "Your data is worth $2000+ USD/year"

Basic math, it is really simple. For example: take facebook, Google and Amazon, take the amount they earn with data, devide it threw the number of users. There are estimates about these big three and also about the hole market...
Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:18:54 PM

Basic math, it is really simple. For example: take facebook, Google and Amazon, take the amount they earn with data, devide it threw the number of users. There are estimates about these big three and also about the hole market...

Let us look at the original text in the whitepaper again:

As user of Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and similar services - every year you create an excess of USD 2000, created directly from your personal data alone. This is only the value represented by data in each of these “data silos”, when you connect this​ ​data,​ ​the​ ​richer​ ​and​ ​wider​ ​the​ ​information,​ ​the​ ​more​ ​money​ ​it​ ​is​ ​worth.

Alright, we assume your point of view that $2000 is the total amount of all value added to all platforms combined by a single average user.

The whitepaper then refers to this article: https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/13/whats-the-value-of-your-data/

Facebook decided to acquire WhatsApp for $19 billion; that is, to pay $30 for each of its 600 million users. Similarly, the company headquartered in Menlo Park also paid $30 for each of the 33 million Instagram users back in 2012. A similar computation was applied when Minecraft was acquired by Microsoft.

That is $30 per user per acquisition. How often does a multi-billion dollar acquisition of a social media platform happen? 66 times a year?
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:20:40 PM

As I understand this project will be built on the "big data" technology, they say that with it the Russians helped Trump win the elections

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:30:30 PM

As I understand this project will be built on the "big data" technology, they say that with it the Russians helped Trump win the elections
Even if that's true or not this shows us how much value your data has. I think most people underestimate how much your data is worth.

Rigorous

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:41:28 PM

Wow Grin That post came out of left field. You know who also use big data? Almost every business listed on NASDAQ.

Do you suspect Datum has nefarious motives?
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:53:41 PM

Wow Grin That post came out of left field. You know who also use big data? Almost every business listed on NASDAQ.

Do you suspect Datum has nefarious motives?
Grin Grin I hinted that in our world the ability to use information collected from large volumes and correctly structured is a formidable weapon. And the majority of state institutions and corporations do not spare their means to use this technology.

viljy

Activity: 1764
Merit: 880

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:54:31 PM

Let us look at the original text in the whitepaper again:

As user of Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and similar services - every year you create an excess of USD 2000, created directly from your personal data alone. This is only the value represented by data in each of these “data silos”, when you connect this​ ​data,​ ​the​ ​richer​ ​and​ ​wider​ ​the​ ​information,​ ​the​ ​more​ ​money​ ​it​ ​is​ ​worth.

Alright, we assume your point of view that $2000 is the total amount of all value added to all platforms combined by a single average user.

The whitepaper then refers to this article: https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/13/whats-the-value-of-your-data/

Facebook decided to acquire WhatsApp for $19 billion; that is, to pay $30 for each of its 600 million users. Similarly, the company headquartered in Menlo Park also paid $30 for each of the 33 million Instagram users back in 2012. A similar computation was applied when Minecraft was acquired by Microsoft.

That is $30 per user per acquisition. How often does a multi-billion dollar acquisition of a social media platform happen? 66 times a year?

Yes, you have noticed it well. Such transactions occur once in a decade, well, or once every few years. In addition, there, after all, not specifically user data, but the company was bought. The average person's data can not cost $2000. I guess the system will work like this: DATUM buys data from people for $1, then systematizes them into a convenient database that can be used, and sells it to the buyer already at a price of $10 for each person's data in this database. That is, the buyer pays for the fact that he is given a huge database on the criterion he needs, that is, his target audience.
mirx

Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:35:10 PM

$2000 is a very big sum for facebook data. Has anyone seen this sum somewhere before? In techcrunch article there is no such a sum. I have never imagined that this data may cost so much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: