Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:57:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:39:41 PM

I also think that our data is gold for big compagnies, 2000$ is a not a big amount for our data. The datum platform will show us the data economy and I think that datum can make huge profit from that. I’m impatient to see how really the platform will work.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:08:10 PM

$2000 is a very big sum for facebook data. Has anyone seen this sum somewhere before? In techcrunch article there is no such a sum. I have never imagined that this data may cost so much.

I think 2000 is to much. If you see what Facebook earns with targeted advertisements. https://investor.fb.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2017/facebook-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-2016-Results/default.aspx

I think you can get 2000$ for your data on a yearly basis if you sell it to numerous companies.

Please do bear in mind, that some data is much more valuable than other (eg the fact if someone is a smoker or not for an insurance company ... )
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:17:12 PM

$2000 is a very big sum for facebook data. Has anyone seen this sum somewhere before? In techcrunch article there is no such a sum. I have never imagined that this data may cost so much.

I think 2000 is to much. If you see what Facebook earns with targeted advertisements. https://investor.fb.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2017/facebook-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-2016-Results/default.aspx

I think you can get 2000$ for your data on a yearly basis if you sell it to numerous companies.

Please do bear in mind, that some data is much more valuable than other (eg the fact if someone is a smoker or not for an insurance company ... )

Of course the 2000$ estimation is an average for the entire lifetime we will spend online, not just one year. Am I wrong?
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:20:50 PM

Of course the 2000$ estimation is an average for the entire lifetime we will spend online, not just one year. Am I wrong?

Well it could be the amount for a entire lifetime but I highly doubt it. $2000 for all the data you've ever created and you'll ever create sounds not really much to me and that wouldn't be such a huge market.
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:28:53 PM

Good money, take the number of people then get a very large amount of money.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:41:22 PM

Well it could be the amount for a entire lifetime but I highly doubt it. $2000 for all the data you've ever created and you'll ever create sounds not really much to me and that wouldn't be such a huge market.

Also depends what your value is as a buyer. If you are going to spend a lot, you are probably more wanted target audience.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:50:39 PM

That's true. The value of the data will depend on the value for the end company. Like I told previously. Being a smoker or not can be very valuable to an insurance company.
Or hearth rate data with activity will be very very valuable for Pharma.
It will all depend on how to classify the data and how to sell it.
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:53:33 PM

Even then 2000$ is quite high but I could be wrong. I don't know how exactly works monetizing on facebook but 2k from one user is a little too much  Smiley
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:55:20 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 10:14:35 PM by FIEX

We should start stopping about focussing on that 2000$
The 2000$ is if everything is working how it should and if big (with big I mean BIG) companies are buying this data.

We should be focussing on the product and platform.
It would be nice if someone explains how they will gather the data and how they will sell it... I'm very curious about how this will work.

Hope a dev can answer my question soon.
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:01:21 PM

data management is a interesting business,
datum will allow to control that and to show the real value of the data economy.
Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:02:32 PM

We should start stopping about focussing on that 2000$
The 2000$ is if everything is working how it should and if big (with big I mean BIG) companies are buying this data.

We should be focussing on the product and platform.
It would be nice if someone explains how they will gather the data and how they will sell it... I'm very curious about how this will work.

Devs of DATUM should be more active here and help with all these questions.

I'm pretty sure it is in the whitepaper, this forum has been here a long time, soi am pretty sure this question has already been answered before, and that may be one of the reasons dev is not here more often, but perhaps if you look for telegram you questions may be answered faster.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:18:46 PM

I'm pretty sure it is in the whitepaper, this forum has been here a long time, soi am pretty sure this question has already been answered before, and that may be one of the reasons dev is not here more often, but perhaps if you look for telegram you questions may be answered faster.

Maybe I was a little to fast in asking question.
Just went back to whitepaper and checked Data Client section and it makes more clear now.

In the Whitepaper:
Datum​ ​Client
The Datum Client empowers users to take control of all their data and optionally share or sell their data through the Datum network. The Datum Client is being designed for a large number of various platforms such as mobile and desktop. We are also designing support for embedded device platforms
used in IoT devices, electric cars etc. to unlock the value of such device data.

So you connect with the client to your social network and other platform. Then the app collects all the data and will tell you how much its worth (in DATS). Then you are able to sell that data? I'm a right?
mirx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:25:19 PM

Even then 2000$ is quite high but I could be wrong. I don't know how exactly works monetizing on facebook but 2k from one user is a little too much  Smiley
Facebook gives advertisers highly targeted ads. For example advertiser can target people who visit specific building on work days, read reviews of specific brands and so on. Advertisers value this a lot and pay Facebook a lot Smiley
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:09:35 PM

Even then 2000$ is quite high but I could be wrong. I don't know how exactly works monetizing on facebook but 2k from one user is a little too much  Smiley
Facebook gives advertisers highly targeted ads. For example advertiser can target people who visit specific building on work days, read reviews of specific brands and so on. Advertisers value this a lot and pay Facebook a lot Smiley
I think that 2000 is not a very realistic amount, but the fact remains that Google, Facebook earns a lot on this.
Datum gives good opportunity understand this date economy and have the right to cash bonuses
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:13:34 PM

this could be a good question to roger hänni, to describe us, why our data would cost about 2000 dollar / year and how it is build of Smiley

together with my data, i dont have to spend a liver, to get to that amount Smiley or do i have too Oo?
Bambulee

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:30:57 PM

profit from the information that would already generate by being online. With facebook also easy money,
not 2000$ but 200$ perhaps  Smiley
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:59:11 AM

I think that 2000 is not a very realistic amount, but the fact remains that Google, Facebook earns a lot on this.
Datum gives good opportunity understand this date economy and have the right to cash bonuses

Sure facebook, google etc is earning a lot on this, but just because they have data of millions and millions of user. Compared to this, you have just the data of exactly one user ... yourself. Then there is maybe also Data you don't want to sell, because it is too personal for you or the price is not what you expected. I really would love to see how much the different data will be worth in the end. Ok, it's of course up to what the companies want to pay for it and will vary with every offer but still I think they must have something with which DATUM has worked as they have put up the price etc. Like how many companies are searching for specific data yearly, how much would they be willing to pay for this etc. pp.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Bambulee

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:10:04 AM

Datum manages to give us, the producers of this data, a part of the money share.
That sounds great Smiley
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:23:52 AM

Datum manages to give us, the producers of this data, a part of the money share.
That sounds great Smiley

is there any cost per month subscription per user? is thee any cost information somewhere?

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:13:43 AM

Hello development team, Datum feels like a fundamentally disruptive project potentially changing the economics of data monetization where the lions share of which is currently dominated by giants like FaceBook, Google and Amazon.

Several questions

1) Can US residents that are accredited investors participate if we can produce documentation to show we are qualified and have reduced need for regulatory disclosures? e.g. minimum income higher than $200K for two years  http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/accreditedinvestor.asp

2) Does the platform still work for users that use TOR, VPNs and other privacy oriented technologies?

3) Are cookies installed on the users machine which track spending and visits to other sites which allow development of a user profile that can be monetized? Based on a persons search history and recent sites visited a data company could get a good idea of a person's interests and potential spending, e.g. Profile A) a single lady getting married and frequently visiting bridal sites & honeymoon destinations; Profile B) young 30s crypto investor and tech geek; Profile C) RPG gamer and World of Warcraft forum participant, etc   

4) How is the economics split between the data owner and datum the company? Lets assume you build a profile of a customer that may be sold to mutual funds, banks and credit card companies and his Customer lifetime value (CLTV) of this customer is calculated to be $100K to financial services companies over X years. How is revenue shared between the two parties?

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: