Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movement DAO | Fully Decentralized Organization | Borderless Collaboration  (Read 262697 times)
Münzpräger

Activity: 1596
Merit: 362

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:50:30 PM

About the exchanges anybody knows what are the prices to get in?

I heard some are quite expensive, some take an hell of a lot of time to get in, others are just incredibly expensive and take very long time too.  

Etherdelta its quite easy but i don't know if its a good idea to start in there, it's quite difficult to use and potentially unsafe.

All this medium small exchanges like cryptopia, liqui are that difficult to get in as well? Did i miss any of them?
Talking about small exchanges I like more cryptopia. Imo we need a list of costs and terms of different exchanges to get an idea. We'll have 300k MVT tokens managed by the community for bounties and other useful things, we also can contribute by ourselves... I mean, we can try to get a good exchange.

On cryptopia is 5 mill DOT which at time of writing is ~ 4.85 BTC the fee; on coinexchange.io (which is better than cryptopia in my opinion) is 1 BTC the listing fee.

It's still a considerable amount of money.

I wonder if we would be better off at least for these initial phase where everything still need to be built and gain value, to make a smart contract where who want to buy send directly in the ETH and get the tokens, basically in a similar way as the current ICO are working now with the only difference that we could:

- Set a starting price X as the current price P, if nobody buy at that price the price go down of P minus Y overtime
- When there is a buy or a certain volume bought the price is increased by P plus Z

this could be quite fair in my opinion.

This is just an idea from the top of my mind, is not impossible to do but i don't have either enough experience with smart contract to confirm is doable 100%, Pallas what do you think?  

Anybody else as some alternative idea?

wow at that price, in a few years that 4.85 BTC is gonna be like $300,000... IMO we shouldn't invest in old centralized structures like crypto exchanges. The future is decentralized and this project is one of the pioneers in the decentralization Movement. That's how I see it. We should think about using skills and funds to work on our own decentralized exchange, that would be an ambitious use of funds
Or/and we should embrace Etherdelta and contribute to make it better. We should also create guides in most languages to help teach ppl how to use it well (because it's not so easy for everybody to use yet indeed)
Just my 2 tao's... what do ya'll think?

this make sense as well  Smiley

We can still try Bittrex as their policy seems made for this token :

"At Bittrex, we look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to digital currency technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.  Launching is free and at our discretion."

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex

Otherwise, I believe too that decentralized exchange is the best, but i wouldn't go for creating a new one. There are already plenty of them working and more coming. We would be a drop in this ocean unless we manage to create huge demand.

That smart contract idea is still nice too but i wonder if this is appropriated to a token that proudly claims "No ICO, No funds raised"?

You might all see that i sometime plays the devil's associate but that's solely in the intend of debate forwarding Wink

When talking about a decentralized Exchange EtherDelta comes to mind first. No listing fees but kind of a backwards UI. What other decentralized exchanges do you have in mind?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:55:16 PM

I heard some are quite expensive, some take an hell of a lot of time to get in, others are just incredibly expensive and take very long time too.  

Etherdelta its quite easy but i don't know if its a good idea to start in there, it's quite difficult to use and potentially unsafe.

All this medium small exchanges like cryptopia, liqui are that difficult to get in as well? Did i miss any of them?
Talking about small exchanges I like more cryptopia. Imo we need a list of costs and terms of different exchanges to get an idea. We'll have 300k MVT tokens managed by the community for bounties and other useful things, we also can contribute by ourselves... I mean, we can try to get a good exchange.

On cryptopia is 5 mill DOT which at time of writing is ~ 4.85 BTC the fee; on coinexchange.io (which is better than cryptopia in my opinion) is 1 BTC the listing fee.

I wonder if we would be better off at least for these initial phase where everything still need to be built and gain value, to make a smart contract where who want to buy send directly in the ETH and get the tokens, basically in a similar way as the current ICO are working now with the only difference that we could:

- Set a starting price X as the current price P, if nobody buy at that price the price go down of P minus Y overtime
- When there is a buy or a certain volume bought the price is increased by P plus Z

This is just an idea from the top of my mind, is not impossible to do but i don't have either enough experience with smart contract to confirm is doable 100%, Pallas what do you think?  

wow at that price, in a few years that 4.85 BTC is gonna be like $300,000... IMO we shouldn't invest in old centralized structures like crypto exchanges. The future is decentralized and this project is one of the pioneers in the decentralization Movement. That's how I see it. We should think about using skills and funds to work on our own decentralized exchange, that would be an ambitious use of funds
Or/and we should embrace Etherdelta and contribute to make it better. We should also create guides in most languages to help teach ppl how to use it well (because it's not so easy for everybody to use yet indeed)

this make sense as well  Smiley

"At Bittrex, we look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to digital currency technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.  Launching is free and at our discretion."

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex

Otherwise, I believe too that decentralized exchange is the best, but i wouldn't go for creating a new one. There are already plenty of them working and more coming. We would be a drop in this ocean unless we manage to create huge demand.

That smart contract idea is still nice too but i wonder if this is appropriated to a token that proudly claims "No ICO, No funds raised"?

You might all see that i sometime plays the devil's associate but that's solely in the intend of debate forwarding Wink

When talking about a decentralized Exchange EtherDelta comes to mind first. No listing fees but kind of a backwards UI. What other decentralized exchanges do you have in mind?
What about Bitshares, HEAT Ledger or Waves? I think it will be easier getting listed on those exchanges than the big centralized ones.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:57:16 PM

https://bisq.network/

witch

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:57:23 PM

this make sense as well  Smiley

"At Bittrex, we look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to digital currency technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.  Launching is free and at our discretion."

EtherDelta is getting bigger and bigger day by day. But it is still hard to trade via ED, because you need enough patience and should not click to often, because every action consumes fees.
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 03:58:44 PM

So, I suppose I should introduce myself.  My screen name is gumshed. I've been following the cryptocurrency revolution for a while now without ever really participating in helping a community grow.  I think things like The Movement are very important for shaping the future landscape of humanity.  I'm been interested in futurism and the future of technology.

hi gumshed, welcome to the movement! I'd invite you but I've already invited somebody and each founding member can only invite one fellow. There are a lot of people left who have invites, I hope you'll get invited Smiley
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:00:16 PM

So, I suppose I should introduce myself.  My screen name is gumshed. I've been following the cryptocurrency revolution for a while now without ever really participating in helping a community grow.  I think things like The Movement are very important for shaping the future landscape of humanity.  I'm been interested in futurism and the future of technology.

hi gumshed, welcome to the movement! I'd invite you but I've already invited somebody and each founding member can only invite one fellow. There are a lot of people left who have invites, I hope you'll get invited Smiley
Maybe is it a good idea to PM founding members who have not yet invited somebody. You can check in the spredseet.

Just tell them something about motivation and how you can help the DAO.

Don't trust any exchange!
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:05:07 PM

Oh! Thanks for mentioning it, pallas, looks awesome. Haven't heard of this one, getting to know it now.

P.S. I'm in love with your genesis sentence

I agree!

You raise a very good point about GUIDES.

I remember seeing a sphere Idea by qiwoman, called "CRYPTOPIA EDUCATION
Description: Help Newbies settle in and learn all about crypto and the DAO, would like to make video and written tutorials and also let Newbies feel loved and welcomed. Smiley"

This is really a very good idea if you ask me.

The Movement can work on an education platform where we teach interested people from all around the world how to become familiar and use these new technologies such as decentralized exchanges.

For a lot of people it's very complicated to use EtherDelta and they prefer centralized exchanges. That's a real pity because decentralized tech is awesome. Yeah, the Movement is all about people connecting and creating through the new ways brought about by the powers of decentralization.  

Creating multilanguage guides to spread the knowledge is an awesome idea that I support big time. I'll join qiwoman's sphere and would love many more to join, let's make this a thing. Let's create guides in the name of The Movement! Not only will this help many people, it will also promote The Movement as a valuable network for people to learn and participate in. One can never learn enough... and learning together is one of the best ways to connect with fellow humans
gumshed

Activity: 233
Merit: 178

The future is almost here.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:15:28 PM

Hey I appreciate the warm welcome. 

The Movement  🌱  Unstoppable Organization
▂▃▅▆ ⌠  Connect and Create  |  Join the movement  ⌡ ▆▅▃▂
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties  Github  Twitter  Reddit  Telegram  Blog
LateMingEarlyQing

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:35:00 PM

i saw you on twitter and came over. guys how to participate in this DAO if we missed the opportunity to become early founder?

wait for the tokens to appear on the exchange, is it the way? i know i'm still early in the game. still educating myself on everything, a lot is new for me
Rexler

Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 05:53:15 PM

Has the airdrop been distributed?

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 06:06:48 PM

The bounty program translated in Italian is up
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2334920
Drokzid

Activity: 930
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 06:13:24 PM

Has the airdrop been distributed?
No, just relax. As you can see in the latest posts we are in the invitation phase right now.

Every member can invite ONE friend to be part of the DAO Movement.

BTC IS KING!
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:27:56 PM

The bounty program translated in Italian is up
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2334920

This is good spirit to keep this up you are doing nice job to raise more awareness about this revolution. I believe in future this will bring more exposure to this project and all community will get advantage when this movement turned into giant.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:23:55 PM

It's a sentence by O' Sensei, Morihei Ueshiba.
Quite a thinker if you ask me.

SphereCreator

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:42:47 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 08:01:20 PM by SphereCreator

It's a sentence by O' Sensei, Morihei Ueshiba.
Quite a thinker if you ask me.
Wha, pretty cool and unexpected to see this name here! Aikido is one of my hobbies  Cool

Indeed! Decentralized Exchanges for the Decentralized Movement!  Unstoppable creating and trading.
Good if centralized ones also trade it but I would focus on the cutting-edge of decentral exchanges Smiley
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:15:31 AM

this make sense as well  Smiley

"At Bittrex, we look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to digital currency technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.  Launching is free and at our discretion."

EtherDelta is getting bigger and bigger day by day. But it is still hard to trade via ED, because you need enough patience and should not click to often, because every action consumes fees.

honestly, i would go for yobit. to get listed there, you need like 0.1btc and thats fast and nothing compared to the movement.

if everyone spends a little bit, we can get it listed there very fast and then lookout for other exchanges as well.
taurados

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:19:27 AM

Yobit is so much scam. Support dont answer for weeks. AMD also there are only manipulated markets​.
pro100j

Activity: 980
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:28:45 AM

yeap i agree, yobit is the worst exchange i saw, i think volume there is not real, i didnt use this exchange for a long time and im happy
it would not be good for a dao token to get listing there, better no exchanges than yobit, imho
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:38:34 AM

Even the distribution hasn't started yet, too many people are talking about exchanges, but cool, just hoping that will be quickly listed in exchanges hmm Yeah i think would be nice before the distribution will be made. Cheesy
mari4nn3

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:57:19 AM

Hello everyone. Still waiting approval but looking forward to start participating on the project and contribute with some designs.

Ty

Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: