Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:36:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59146 times)
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:54:13 PM

"Refund given, complaint resolved. Neeeext!"

Waiting on the refund, fwiw.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:54:36 PM

Erm, genuinely what proof does anyone have that they are specifically singling him out for abuse?

Subject:  Re: Orders to refund
Date:     May 16, 2013 3:30:16 PM CDT

Hello Christian,

After reviewing your account, we have decided to end our business relationship with you.  At this time, we are severing all business ties with you and will be refunding your money.  This decision was based on a number of different factors and is final.

Sincerely,

Butterfly Labs, INC

LOL

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:55:30 PM

(Wall-of-angst Deleted. I've never ever felt this abused a customer before. Filed a complaint with the Missouri AG Customer Complaints dept. Provided a Paypal address to office@bfl to get refunded for $4,698, hopefully, and moving on with my life)
So basically they got to use almost $5k to fund their development for 11 months interest free. Brilliant play by Josh!
Brilliant and illegal.  Xian should sue and seek a quick judgement before BFL is empty of cash.  Bitcoin will advance as all these crooks, amateurs and people too lazy to follow laws are pushed out of the market and people who actually care to run a long term business enter the market.   

I agree that this seems like it could be illegal. I really hope Xian01 pursues any potential legal recourse that might be available. I would be very curious to hear a lawyers opinion.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:59:58 PM

Erm, genuinely what proof does anyone have that they are specifically singling him out for abuse?

Hello Christian,

After reviewing your account, we have decided to end our business relationship with you.  At this time, we are severing all business ties with you and will be refunding your money.  This decision was based on a number of different factors and is final.

Sincerely,

Butterfly Labs, INC

I hope BFL gives back the exact # of bitcoins that were used in the original transactions.
Else, Christian is not made whole.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Malawi

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:00:40 PM

Hello Christian,

Sincerely,

Butterfly Labs, INC

F**k me, they can't actually do that when they entered an agreement to deliver once the sale completed.  His 'frustration' stems from their inability to deliver despite many broken promises.

The error is entirely on their part. Has Christian openly stated anything libellous in public forums?

A trade is a two-part deal.

Without knowing the exact definition - It seems he have done libellous statements at this forum.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:02:28 PM

Hello Christian,

Sincerely,

Butterfly Labs, INC

IOW,

Thank you very much for the almost 5k interest free loan you provided us for the last xx months, now kindly fuck off and leave us alone!!!!!!!
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:02:43 PM

Without knowing the exact definition - It seems he have done libellous statements at this forum.

If there is anything I have said that is false, libelous, or in no-way rooted-in-fact, please point them out to me.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:02:48 PM

Waiting on the refund, fwiw.

Could that be because you were holding out on giving them your payment details, pending your public tantrum on this thread, or did you timely provide refund information and fail to timely receive your refund?

Here, let me fix it for you: "Refund initiated, complaint will be resolved once customer provides required information. NeeeeeeeeeeEXT!"

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
hardpick

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Football President

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:03:09 PM

had you logged in and agreed to the new terms of the 1st of May ?
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:03:57 PM

had you logged in and agreed to the new terms of the 1st of May ?

Yes.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:04:34 PM

That's really not a smart move on their part at all.

They've openly lied on multiple occasions and are on very thin ice.

There is nothing more motivated than a disgruntled customer and should that customer be motivated and vocal enough as to bring deceit within the spotlight of a consumer intermediary/ies to the point at which they choose to intervene, that could cause a huge headache to BFL and their customers. If found to be operating outside the law cease any production before it's even started.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:04:56 PM

Could that be because you were holding out on giving them your payment details

No. Provided details @ 4:12 PM CST
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:06:09 PM

I don't think a worse PR move could be imagined.

"Hey, there... we just brought the propane truck around to say we're severing all business ties with you, so we're gonna need that propane back.... and the tank. We heard you complained on the Internet that we missed the last four months in shipping propane out during Winter, and we kept saying we'd get to it the next month, but kept failing to show up because propane's fucking hard based this decision on a number of factors. You'll get a check in the mail."
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:14:18 PM

I don't think so. Op leaned out the window way too far the last weeks. Everyone can read that and judge for himself.

Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

Op leaned out the window way too far the last weeks.

Everything is relative.
Tehfiend

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:18:06 PM

Inaba is still the COO of the company, so the point is valid, as is the "among several other things" part of that post. Making personal enemies of the owners of a company you want to do business with is bad policy in and of itself, but he also sought/seeks to continually defame the company itself, as well as other owners/officers of the company.

If you hate a company enough to talk shit about them on a DAILY basis, you're probably not somebody worth doing business with. His complaint was that they weren't sending the product he paid for soon enough, so they resolved it, and made it a product he hasn't paid for, freeing up a few thousand dollars to go spend on something else.

The problem with this argument is that it completely ignores Josh's behavior which should carry a lot of the blame for Xian01's "shit talking". I find it unbelievable that Josh comes to these forums to roll in the mud with unhappy customers only to turn around and cancel their orders after he gets them all riled up with his own "shit talking". The fact is that it's the trust in BFL from customers like Xian01 that made it possible for BFL to bring ASIC miners to market. Regardless of Xian01's behavior, BFL owes him a debt of gratitude for letting him play with their money for almost a year based on broken promises and outright lies. In many ways, these AISC pre-order schemes are like loans where the interest is paid via mining profits and BFL did not pay their interest to Xian01.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:18:23 PM

Op leaned out the window way too far the last weeks.

Everything is relative.

And enough is enough Wink

Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:21:36 PM

It will certainly be enough once I receive my refund. This entire experience has left me shell-shocked.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:22:48 PM

I hope BFL gives back the exact # of bitcoins that were used in the original transactions.
Else, Christian is not made whole.

Nope. That's not how it works. They used a merchant service that handled the transaction, and conversion from bitcoin to cash. That's like saying that if you paid somebody in quarters that later turned out to be rare and worth more money, or some foreign currency, that later appreciated/depreciated, that you demand to be repaid by those same quarters (despite those quarters having been dropped off at the bank the same day you made payment). Not gonna happen. The product was denominated in dollars. Bitcoin isn't a 'legal currency', therefore there's no requirement for them to hedge your funds and refund them however you like.

If Bitcoin had fallen through the floor, you people would be demanding refunds in dollars, but it went up, so you think you deserve the bitcoins.  Roll Eyes

(Wall-of-angst Deleted. I've never ever felt this abused a customer before. Filed a complaint with the Missouri AG Customer Complaints dept. Provided a Paypal address to office@bfl to get refunded for $4,698, hopefully, and moving on with my life)
So basically they got to use almost $5k to fund their development for 11 months interest free. Brilliant play by Josh!
Brilliant and illegal.  Xian should sue and seek a quick judgement before BFL is empty of cash.  Bitcoin will advance as all these crooks, amateurs and people too lazy to follow laws are pushed out of the market and people who actually care to run a long term business enter the market.   

I agree that this seems like it could be illegal. I really hope Xian01 pursues any potential legal recourse that might be available. I would be very curious to hear a lawyers opinion.

They didn't set out to get a "free loan" from him. They just decided that the business relationship had become untenable, and chose to end it. If they had set out from the beginning to get "free loans" from people, there might be an issue with that, but this is a result of HIS behavior, not a result of some 'scheemy-scheme' to borrow a lousy 4000 bucks, interest free.

If there is anything I have said that is false, libelous, or in no-way rooted-in-fact, please point them out to me.

Libel is hard to prove. However, it was plainly malicious and defamatory. They're not suing you for libel, they're kicking your ass to the curb, for trashing their company, and insulting the owners/officers. Big difference.

"Hey, there... we just brought the propane truck around to say we're severing all business ties with you, so we're gonna need that propane back.... and the tank. We heard you complained on the Internet that we missed the last four months in shipping propane out during Winter, and we kept saying we'd get to it the next month, but kept failing to show up because propane's fucking hard based this decision on a number of factors. You'll get a check in the mail."

More like, "Hey there, we haven't been able to deliver your propane due to issues with the truck. We're still working on fixing the truck, but in the mean time, we've heard you were going around town talking shit about us, calling us crooks, telling people that we took your money and you think we might just be using it to put propane in our own houses.

Remember when you saw the truck driver at the local bar and told him to "eat a bag of dicks"? Remember how you show up at that same bar every night and try and pick fights with our guys?

Yeah, well, we're still not certain when we're gonna have the truck running, in order to get you your fuckin' propane, and we're sick of your antics, so we're dropping your account. Find a new propane company. Let us know where to mail the check for a refund of your pre-payment."  Roll Eyes

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Tehfiend

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:25:29 PM

It will certainly be enough once I receive my refund. This entire experience has left me shell-shocked.

It really does remind me of the scene in the now infamous "Amy's Baking Company" episode where the owners are yelling and getting physical with a customer who was simply unhappy his pizza was taking over an hour to make. It's pure insanity. HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN THAT YOUR ORDER IS OVER 7 MONTHS LATE CAUSING THOUSANDS IN LOST PROFITS NOW YOU GET NOTHING!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: