Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:38:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59146 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:41:20 AM

Friendly Reminder That Butterfly Labs Has No FCC Certification For Any Of Their Products, A Fact You Should Try Taking Up With The FCC

Isn't it only an issue if they ship product? If so, BFL is in the clear!  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:42:18 AM

Friendly Reminder That Butterfly Labs Has No FCC Certification For Any Of Their Products, A Fact You Should Try Taking Up With The FCC
Are you trying to get the company to close their doors?

Isn't it only an issue if they ship product? If so, BFL is in the clear!  Grin

See, think positive!

It's not whether you actually get there, it is the journey that is important, Right?

(MASTER BFL Shill)
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:44:20 AM

Amazing I don't even know where to start.
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Isn't it only an issue if they ship product? If so, BFL is in the clear!  Grin
They have shipped a few sales units to reviewers haven't they?

Of course they also have about 1 wafer worth of chips earmarked for their own employees right off the bat.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:48:26 AM

Of course they also have about 1 wafer worth of chips earmarked for their own employees right off the bat.
Here is a conundrum.

BFL says they shipped customer products [starting] on April 1st.

The FCC may say this is not good without proper certification.

Does BFL maintain they won a bet (and ruined BetsOfBitcoin reputation) despite being fined or do they say they never technically shipped anything because of a possible fine? Can one have their cake and eat it too?

Your opinions are welcome on this topic.
volosator

Activity: 272

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:52:14 AM

I can't wait until Microsoft starts paying employees to peruse online forums and revoke licenses of naysayers in exchange for a refund. They could probably stuff it in an agreement and not be noticed for years.
LOL.   MSFT could not do that though because after revoking million of licenses we would find out how little we need their products and then they could not keep stuffing them on computers.
That is exactly what I mean.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:52:42 AM

I'd hazard a guess they generate a good deal of RF noise of the sort that would require such certification.  Perhaps under FCC Part 15 Subpart B.    That's just a guess, though.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:53:41 AM

Here is a conundrum.

BFL says they shipped customer products [starting] on April 1st.

The FCC may say this is not good without proper certification.

Does BFL maintain they won a bet (and ruined BetsOfBitcoin reputation) despite being fined or do they say they never technically shipped anything because of a possible fine? Can one have their cake and eat it too?

Your opinions are welcome on this topic.

Josh not paying a bet? I guess he needs that money to keep things going at the old company store. I personally feel this is just a wild goose chase and nothing will come of it. To many parties that could not be bothered.

Josh used the bet to further his sales. Bring more attention and one more cog in the machine of lies and deceit.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:56:59 AM

The age of customer Darwin-ism?

More like the Richard Dawkins re-titled work the "BFL" Delusion.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:05:15 AM

Who cares about FCC?

The United States Government sort of cares about it if it's going to be sold in the United States.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:29:22 AM

So Xian what would you do?

Take an FCC non-compliant rig or compliant rig?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:34:30 AM

So Xian what would you do?
Take an FCC non-compliant rig or compliant rig?

Hey, don't get me wrong. If it works, has been put through it's paces, I'd be silly not to use it. Just expressing concern that selling an FCC non-compliant product may not be entirely legally kosher and we may have some potential problems in the future.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:04:57 AM

Josh claimed last year in November that they've sent a unit to the FCC and are waiting for approval.

A lot of folks here in the forum pointed out that:
- this was another one of Josh/Inabas lies, because at that time they didn't have a prototype - let alone a working product.
- there are no records at FCC for such an application for approval.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:42:45 AM

And this is how Josh the faggot goes to jail haha
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 04:46:55 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 05:08:38 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

This all stinks of a company....

The whole company stinks to high heaven. Sonny Vleisides, a smart, slippery con artist who ran a mail order scam for six years, stealing $20 million from the elderly and naive with no sense of remorse, stinks. The people he surrounds himself with stink: Dennis Emmet, his associate in the mail order scam, killed a guy in an argument. He's in a Costa Rican prison for murder. It's all in the affidavit, go read it.

Imagine what goes through a guy like Sonny's head when he sees an opportunity like bitcoin. Now he's running Butterfly Labs. Perhaps it's a natural evolution of The Shamrock Agency and Old Amsterdam, his two other scam companies.

Even if it is somehow legitimate, imagine what is happening behind closed doors with these people. Get your money out while you still can.

You are so close with the above assessment, with the exception of the natural evolution. The following is what Sonny was involved in the same time as when the lottery scam was in full force: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Orlin_Grabbe#Digital_Monetary_Trust

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Orlin_Grabbe#Laissez_Faire_City_Times

In November 1997, Orlin Grabbe was invited to edit an online weekly newspaper called the Laissez Faire City Times. The newspaper was loosely connected to the Laissez Faire City project based in Costa Rica. Grabbe relocated to Costa Rica the following year.

Who else was involved with the Laissez Faire City Times you ask? Allow me to tell you--again: Sonny Vleisides.

If I somehow had to serve time for scamming people in the barn wood trade, on my release do you think I would get back into something barn wood related or become an auto mechanic?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:49:48 AM

And this is how Josh the faggot goes to jail haha
Angry

Sir, The Rep will never be a Jail bird.

If he ever saw the signs of a cage coming over the horizon. I am sure [if not certain] he would jump in his F-22 and afterburner/ramjet his way out of there in a hurry.

I am DEEPLY OFFENDED at your notions, sir. Cheesy Wink

(Written while under the influence of a MASTER BFL Shill)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 05:19:17 AM

I hope BFL gives back the exact # of bitcoins that were used in the original transactions.
Else, Christian is not made whole.

Nope. That's not how it works. They used a merchant service that handled the transaction, and conversion from bitcoin to cash. That's like saying that if you paid somebody in quarters that later turned out to be rare and worth more money, or some foreign currency, that later appreciated/depreciated, that you demand to be repaid by those same quarters (despite those quarters having been dropped off at the bank the same day you made payment). Not gonna happen. The product was denominated in dollars. Bitcoin isn't a 'legal currency', therefore there's no requirement for them to hedge your funds and refund them however you like.

If Bitcoin had fallen through the floor, you people would be demanding refunds in dollars, but it went up, so you think you deserve the bitcoins.  Roll Eyes

(Wall-of-angst Deleted. I've never ever felt this abused a customer before. Filed a complaint with the Missouri AG Customer Complaints dept. Provided a Paypal address to office@bfl to get refunded for $4,698, hopefully, and moving on with my life)
So basically they got to use almost $5k to fund their development for 11 months interest free. Brilliant play by Josh!
Brilliant and illegal.  Xian should sue and seek a quick judgement before BFL is empty of cash.  Bitcoin will advance as all these crooks, amateurs and people too lazy to follow laws are pushed out of the market and people who actually care to run a long term business enter the market.   

I agree that this seems like it could be illegal. I really hope Xian01 pursues any potential legal recourse that might be available. I would be very curious to hear a lawyers opinion.

They didn't set out to get a "free loan" from him. They just decided that the business relationship had become untenable, and chose to end it. If they had set out from the beginning to get "free loans" from people, there might be an issue with that, but this is a result of HIS behavior, not a result of some 'scheemy-scheme' to borrow a lousy 4000 bucks, interest free.

Without knowing the exact definition - It seems he have done libellous statements at this forum.

If there is anything I have said that is false, libelous, or in no-way rooted-in-fact, please point them out to me.

Libel is hard to prove. However, it was plainly malicious and defamatory. They're not suing you for libel, they're kicking your ass to the curb, for trashing their company, and insulting the owners/officers. Big difference.

I don't think a worse PR move could be imagined.

"Hey, there... we just brought the propane truck around to say we're severing all business ties with you, so we're gonna need that propane back.... and the tank. We heard you complained on the Internet that we missed the last four months in shipping propane out during Winter, and we kept saying we'd get to it the next month, but kept failing to show up because propane's fucking hard based this decision on a number of factors. You'll get a check in the mail."

More like, "Hey there, we haven't been able to deliver your propane due to issues with the truck. We're still working on fixing the truck, but in the mean time, we've heard you were going around town talking shit about us, calling us crooks, telling people that we took your money and you think we might just be using it to put propane in our own houses.

Remember when you saw the truck driver at the local bar and told him to "eat a bag of dicks"? Remember how you show up at that same bar every night and try and pick fights with our guys?

Yeah, well, we're still not certain when we're gonna have the truck running, in order to get you your fuckin' propane, and we're sick of your antics, so we're dropping your account. Find a new propane company. Let us know where to mail the check for a refund of your pre-payment."  Roll Eyes

Call Hank Hill and tell him Phinn sent you.  He'll treat you fair.  And he'll personally send you a letter of thanks, using only a single space at the beginning of each sentence there within.

PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:53:53 AM

I believe they only require "verification" as opposed to "certification" but they still must properly label the device if it has been done.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:57:49 AM

Why?  Who cares about FCC?  It mines and does not catch fire,  it is good enough for me.
It could be a flaming torch but the FCC only cares if it interferes with radio signals. FCC doesn't care if it burns down houses.
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:00:43 AM

Josh claimed last year in November that they've sent a unit to the FCC and are waiting for approval.

A lot of folks here in the forum pointed out that:
- this was another one of Josh/Inabas lies, because at that time they didn't have a prototype - let alone a working product.
- there are no records at FCC for such an application for approval.
They've also updated the designs how many times now since November? Whoops!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: