Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:17:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:32:10 AM

To keep the smoke screen up, they had jody seemingly post that orders were going out. They had everyone agree that they wanted their order or a refund. Then they kept people in the dark about how many orders were going out each day. This is what is called blowing smoke up a customers ass.

Josh was forced to acknowledge that the [total] stream of 35 prototype orders came to a grinding halt no sooner than it started.

Now they tell people (new false hope) that they have an incredible 100 chips coming in "soon". Followed by unspecified "hundreds" "next week".

OMG, how people can be strung along with hope...

Excellent summarizing...
This is typical behavior of fraudsters. They spend peoples money to keep the appearance up that they are for real with prototypes or other parts etc. and at the point everything is starting to fall apart (i.e. too many refunds or not enough preorders) they disappear.

When BFL ships in quantity and they can keep the production levels nice and high and run through their order queue at a decent speed...then I will put money down. Not before. Right now, BFL is a time bomb where everything that can go wrong, has. In light of that reality I am letting common sense take helm and not misplaced hope.

I doubt that they'll ever start mass shipping.
Even if they are genuinely trying, they will most likely go under being so unexperienced running a business and having missed the race completely, hit by massive refund requests or wasting the money they still have on yet a bunch of other screw-ups.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:47:57 AM

To keep the smoke screen up, they had jody seemingly post that orders were going out. They had everyone agree that they wanted their order or a refund. Then they kept people in the dark about how many orders were going out each day. This is what is called blowing smoke up a customers ass.

Josh was forced to acknowledge that the [total] stream of 35 prototype orders came to a grinding halt no sooner than it started.

Now they tell people (new false hope) that they have an incredible 100 chips coming in "soon". Followed by unspecified "hundreds" "next week".

OMG, how people can be strung along with hope...

Excellent summarizing...
This is typical behavior of fraudsters. They spend peoples money to keep the appearance up that they are for real with prototypes or other parts etc. and at the point everything is starting to fall apart (i.e. too many refunds or not enough preorders) they disappear.

Acutally they used customers money to design and develop another Bitcoin hardware. The BitSafe hardware wallet. Who knows what's in that wallet. Maybe someday in 1-2-3-x years your money will just vanish from it Cheesy

chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:11:09 AM

I just thought of something terrible (or maybe not). What if Josh returns to KC to find that Sonny is nowhere to be found? Imagine the drama!

We all know Josh is gonna be the fall guys in this ...

It's not the first time he has been accused being in bed with fraudsters...
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:43:22 PM

Acutally they used customers money to design and develop another Bitcoin hardware. The BitSafe hardware wallet. Who knows what's in that wallet. Maybe someday in 1-2-3-x years your money will just vanish from it Cheesy

If you can't trust Butterfly Labs to offer timely and accurate information on their ASIC project, when they have such an attitude of "contempt-of-customer", why on earth would you give them any trust whatsoever to manage your Bitcoins or believe it is going to ship in their stated "two months" estimate ?

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:28:15 PM

As per BFL's modus operandi, the wallet seems like a bit of FUD to keep folks from using slush's opensource hardware wallet.

http://bitcointrezor.com/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122438.0

I think BFL have lost all credibility though, so not much potency to their FUD-fu.
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:09:04 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, Xian01, but this is one of the most bullish and positive signs I've seen from BLF in weeks!

If the company was really about to go belly up, why would they force a customer who pissed off the CEO to take a refund instead of just keeping this customers money and going bankrupt?

I'd say this the fact that they forced you to take a refund is a very good sign for others with BFL pre-orders!
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:16:48 AM

I disagree, kendog.

What it does is chills the customer base, the attempt is to stifle dissent.

Customers will fear similar retribution if they voice their displeasure.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:23:15 AM

Question do you send your food back at a restaurant if something wrong? Don't mess with the people preparing your food (asic). Dont like it, go to another restaurant.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:29:06 AM

Question do you send your food back at a restaurant if something wrong? Don't mess with the people preparing your food (asic). Dont like it, go to another restaurant.

WTF? Yes I do, and in every single case so far the problem has been fixed and they're more than apologetic and quite often there's a free round of drinks or free dessert thrown in.

This is called customer service.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:39:17 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 12:58:59 AM by Xian01

This is called Gestapo tactics. Look to Germany to see how well that worked out for them in 1945.
jspielberg

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:41:28 AM

WTF? Yes I do, and in every single case so far the problem has been fixed and they're more than apologetic and quite often there's a free round of drinks or free dessert thrown in.

To continue with this analogy... it all depends on the "quality" of the restaurant.  A quality establishment with a proper chef will feel ownership for the dish and will do anything they can to make sure that their product represents their ideals.

A crappy "kitchen nightmares" restaurant with crappy management that insults the staff and customers, with mold in the fridge and half the meals come from canned components because they couldn't be bothered (or don't have the skill) to prepare the components themselves might come back in worse shape out of spite.

Obviously we are pushing this analogy too far...
minternj

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:06:41 AM

then you've eaten a lot of spit and human fluids.

erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:09:01 AM

This is called Gestapo tactics.
Similar.
It is more a mafiosi mindset.

And BFL isn't the only company in the BTC community to act like thugs.

These douchebags think they are above reprisal.

One would think that they would feel remorse, if they were trying to be a legitimate BTC miner manufacturer.

Instead, they act superior.
IMO, it is the tell of a con-man... overconfidence.
I would love to be wrong in my intuition that a lot of folks will have small fortunes disappear to the BFL super scam.

And considering Trendon Shavers has not been found hanging by his nuts, this empowers other folks with low moral standards to try to scam the community.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:14:19 AM

This is called Gestapo tactics. Look to Germany to see how well that worked out for them in 1945.

This thread has been godwinned!
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:16:33 AM

think you need to find some better restaurants dude Smiley

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
minternj

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:24:19 AM

Or you need to talk to more line cooks and waiters. I live near nyc and have eaten in dive joints to 4 star michelin rated rests. Not saying its everywhere, but its a COMMON saying, so im not far off from the truth.

jspielberg

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:29:43 AM

Not to be rude... I doubt you have eaten in any michelin rated 4 star restaurants.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:30:27 AM

Not surprised that BFL-minternj expects people to spit in his food.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
minternj

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:33:27 AM

Not surprised that BFL-minternj expects people to spit in his food.  Grin

Oh yay the troll has crawled out from underneath the bridge. Quick hide the goats.

minternj

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:36:43 AM

Not to be rude... I doubt you have eaten in any michelin rated 4 star restaurants.

Why would you say that. Its not rude to say but kind of retarded. It's not that hard. You book a reservation then go.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: