Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:24:34 AM

For starters, the charges you're referencing appear to have been little more than an IRS witch hunt. Maybe he voted Republican?  Roll Eyes

It takes a special kind of person to defend a felon convicted of scamming millions of dollars from senior citizens.

Perhaps Wrenchmonkey and Mr. Vleisides have more in common than we thought.   Lips sealed

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 05:50:41 AM

For starters, the charges you're referencing appear to have been little more than an IRS witch hunt. Maybe he voted Republican?  Roll Eyes

It takes a special kind of person to defend a felon convicted of scamming millions of dollars from senior citizens.

Perhaps Wrenchmonkey and Mr. Vleisides have more in common than we thought.   Lips sealed

From his very first post, 330 posts ago...

So I hate adding fluff to forums, but I guess that's where I am for the time being.

Speaking of riding the short bus, I present a line from his second post...

Very generous of you. I've been buying copper, since I can't afford precious metals.

Yet he's able to afford a place to store a couple tons of copper to eventually sell it for ten grand, profit made once he subtracts his investment cost.

Even if he's going the save-the-copper-pennies route, he'll need to amass 292,000 pennies to equal a ton. If he sells the pennies at $.05 (5 cents each), he'll earn a whopping 400% profit, having ONLY his time and storage space for the pennies as his overheard, netting him a $11,680 ROI in who-knows-when.

Here's what 2.5 tons of pennies looks like with a face value of only $10,000 being that their mixed clad:

If all copper, and at five cents each, his profit would be $40,000.

Here's a comment quoted from the source of the image: http://davidszondy.blogspot.com/2006/08/penny-millionaire.html

Kim said...

I would love to make this and start collecting pennies. Does anyone know what the dimensions are for this?

Obviously she's no Sherlocks Holmes, for clearly one could easily deduce it's approximately 2' X 2' X 7' (the plaque is at eye level, thus a 7' max height; the floor tiles are 12" square).

Now, we've come full circle: http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/story/James-Ray-The-Silver-King-Houston-dead-at-66/PBuDmtPW60WSB9kDsWc3rg.cspx

Houston would float grand plans for get rich schemes, but was shaky with the details. Like the time he returned to Las Vegas in June of 1980 to seek investors in a scam to gather millions of pennies.

But let's assume he's the driver of the short bus, and doesn't collect pennies. He's then paying spot for copper bullion which, by the way, will take up a helluva lot more space and have a much higher investment involved. Let's hope he's wearing his glasses and sees the STOP sign straight ahead, otherwise there's going to be some messed up special people, all with pre-orders at BFL.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:54:00 AM

Now, we've come full circle: http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/story/James-Ray-The-Silver-King-Houston-dead-at-66/PBuDmtPW60WSB9kDsWc3rg.cspx

Houston would float grand plans for get rich schemes, but was shaky with the details. Like the time he returned to Las Vegas in June of 1980 to seek investors in a scam to gather millions of pennies.

Dude... Your sleuthing skills terrify me sometimes.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:01:44 AM

Dude... Your sleuthing skills terrify me sometimes.

...walks into a bar.

Bartender: Hey, Houston! How's your alpaca farm doing out their in the Nevadan desert?
Houston: Sold it, due to advice from my son, Sonny. Tell him, Sonny.
Sonny: Yep! Dad is correct. We's now goin' to Costa Rica to Build a new city, sell lottery tickets, fuck wild women, and do cocaine.
Bartender: Bright boy you have there, Houston.
Houston: You know what they say about acorns...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:28:43 AM

Revisiting them two screenshots above depicting the Russian Art Society...

http://wa.bizdirlib.com/m/business_directory/Conner%3B_Art_0

Phone Number:  2063742415, (206)374-2415
Fax Number:  2063742415, (206)374-2415
Web Address:  ARTCONNER.COM, INSANEINTHELANE.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
WebSpawner Management Services, Inc.    admin@webspawner.com
PO Box 1225
West Plains, MO 65775
US
206.374.2415 fax: 206.374.2415

Record expires on 30-Mar-2014.
Record created on 29-Mar-1996.
Database last updated on 21-May-2013 01:38:49 EDT.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ARTCONNER.COM
Created on: 17-Oct-00
Expires on: 17-Oct-13
Last Updated on: 02-Oct-12

Registrant:
Art Conner
8258 Interlake Ave N
Seattle, Washington 98103
United States

http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-26024.html

29th April 2009, 11:19 PM

When I pull it up now it is only about 6" wide right down the center of the monitor. About 3" of orange on either side of the text.

Can you do anything with that?
Nope :argh:
Webspawner has been GOOD to me.
They are extremely nice people, and got me started on the Internet.
They have a very reasonably priced product that serves many people well.
I JUST got an email from Art Connor - the PRESIDENT of Webspawner himself.
They have a NEW system they are testing and he offered it to me :thumbsup2
Think I am gonna take him UP on his offer Smiley

Compared to what I quoted in a post above by Sonny:

I started webspawner.com in 1995.  It was my focus for many years.  Do a search for 'free webpages' on google.  I'm currently president of that company, not BFL.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:56:08 AM

I don't know who the hell Michael Bradley but... http://michaelbradley123.tumblr.com/

<quoted for prosperity, among other things>

Don’t Fret.  Let Us Help!

We know it’s difficult to get a website just the way you want it.  Some other places offer great, out-of-the-box websites,  but then you’re stuck with what you get?

At Webspawner, our selling point is customization.  But with customization comes challenges. This is where our custom themes come into play – and this is where our talented design team can help.

Every theme in Webspawner has a set of controls that allows you to change the way your website looks – including menu type and colors of every section and more.  Possibilities are endless.

1 MONTH AGO
#FREE WEBSITE FREE WEBSITES CREATE FREE WEBSITES CREATE FREE WEBSITE
How to create a small business website
As small business owners ourselves,  we understand your website has to offer more than your average budget website.

At Webspawner we have decades of experience helping small businesses succeed online. Whether it’s building a small business website or marketing your new or existing website,  we have to experience to get the job done.

Our small business website packages offer a whole suite of special features just for small business owners like you.  We pride ourselves on offering the following exclusive features to our small business clients:

Custom Domain ( standard with Pro Small Business package)

Custom Website (standard with Ultimate Small Business package)

Personal Custom Design Representative (standard with Ultimate Small Business package)

Online marketing packages – such as search engine optimization and social media (available for all Small Business package levels) unrivaled customer support (all levels)

So, whatever your small business calls for, Webspawner is the all inclusive partner for your small business website needs.

1 MONTH AGO
#BUILD A WEBSITE CREATE A SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE MAKE A SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE MAKE SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE MAKE SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITES
Bitcoin mining profitability calculator

3 MONTHS AGO
#BITCOIN MINING PROFITABILITY CALCULATOR
#BITCOIN MINING PROFITABILITY
#BITCOIN MINING CALCULATOR
#BITCOIN MINING PROFIT
Bitcoin Miner
All about bitcoin and bitcoin mining

3 MONTHS AGO
#BITCOIN MINER
#BITCOIN MINER COMPARISON
#BITCOIN MINER HARDWARE
#BITCOIN MINER PROGRAM
#BITCOIN MINING
#BITCOIN MINING PERFORMANCE
Bitcoin Mining
How to become the best bitcoin miner

3 MONTHS AGO
#BITCOIN MINER
#BITCOIN MINING
#BITCOIN MINING EXPLAINED
#BITCOIN MINING GUIDE
#BITCOIN MINING PROFITABLE
Butterfly Labs
That’s right, from now until we ship our ASIC products, we are giving away 1 FPGA single per week, and to make things even sweeter, we are upgrading that single to a “Little” Single for FREE! That’s right - 30 GH/s for free!

What’s the catch? You have to work a little bit for it, but it’s easy work. We want your signatures.

Source: butterflylabs.com

Ironically, webspawner.com, owned by Sonny Vleisides, aka Art Connor, doesn't accept Bitcoin.  Cry
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 07:51:13 AM

Honestly, I ain't got a clue as to how they were able to pull this scam for so long.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/no-taxes-or-bureaucracy-in-planned-libertarian-paradise-1588142.html

On: 25 JUNE 1995

"Some of them have been sending us unsolicited money, which is more than we asked for," said Sonny Vleisides, editor of the Laissez Faire City Times, the newsletter sent to every prospective founder.

Yet: http://orlingrabbe.com/lfetimes/lfetimes_intro.htm

Introducing The Laissez Faire Electronic Times

by Zola

I put out the first issue of The Laissez Faire City Times on Nov. 1, 1997, which some think of as All Saints Day but which I knew as Nevada Day. I was living in Reno, Nevada at the time.

There were 8 issues in 1997, 44 in 1998, 50 in 1999, 52 in 2000, 53 in 2001 (there were 53 Mondays in 2001), and 6 issues thus far in 2002. Basically I selected (or sometimes wrote) the articles, read them for content, did some copy editing, and set them up initially into html. The Publisher did the graphics, ran the web site, and paid the writers.

The Laissez Faire City Times has had a pretty good impact for an Internet newspaper started from scratch and run on a shoestring.

Unfortunately it has come time for the Publisher Rex Rogers and I to part ways.

Consequently, I am launching a new Internet publication, The Laissez Faire Electronic Times. The Publisher of this new publication will be The Digital Monetary Trust, and writers can, if they choose, have their payments made directly to their anonymous DMT/ALTA accounts.

Zola is the editor of The Laissez Faire Electronic Times. Email Zola: ezola@orlingrabbe.com.

-30-
from The Laissez Faire Electronic Times, Vol 1, No 1, February 18, 2002
Editor: Emile Zola     Publisher: Digital Monetary Trust

If you been following closely at home, you recognize the name Rex Rogers as being of the the aliases of Sonny Vleisides' real dad, the penny collector.

I'm pretty sure that Emile Zola is Orlin Grabbe. I'm also pretty sure that all parties took the word web literally, spawning (or is it spinning) a massive web of...wait for it...deceit.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:20:58 AM

Honestly, I ain't got a clue as to how they were able to pull this scam for so long.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/no-taxes-or-bureaucracy-in-planned-libertarian-paradise-1588142.html

On: 25 JUNE 1995

"Some of them have been sending us unsolicited money, which is more than we asked for," said Sonny Vleisides, editor of the Laissez Faire City Times, the newsletter sent to every prospective founder.

Yet: http://orlingrabbe.com/lfetimes/lfetimes_intro.htm

Introducing The Laissez Faire Electronic Times

by Zola

I put out the first issue of The Laissez Faire City Times on Nov. 1, 1997, which some think of as All Saints Day but which I knew as Nevada Day. I was living in Reno, Nevada at the time.

There were 8 issues in 1997, 44 in 1998, 50 in 1999, 52 in 2000, 53 in 2001 (there were 53 Mondays in 2001), and 6 issues thus far in 2002. Basically I selected (or sometimes wrote) the articles, read them for content, did some copy editing, and set them up initially into html. The Publisher did the graphics, ran the web site, and paid the writers.

The Laissez Faire City Times has had a pretty good impact for an Internet newspaper started from scratch and run on a shoestring.

Unfortunately it has come time for the Publisher Rex Rogers and I to part ways.

Consequently, I am launching a new Internet publication, The Laissez Faire Electronic Times. The Publisher of this new publication will be The Digital Monetary Trust, and writers can, if they choose, have their payments made directly to their anonymous DMT/ALTA accounts.

Zola is the editor of The Laissez Faire Electronic Times. Email Zola: ezola@orlingrabbe.com.

-30-
from The Laissez Faire Electronic Times, Vol 1, No 1, February 18, 2002
Editor: Emile Zola     Publisher: Digital Monetary Trust

If you been following closely at home, you recognize the name Rex Rogers as being of the the aliases of Sonny Vleisides' real dad, the penny collector.

I'm pretty sure that Emile Zola is Orlin Grabbe. I'm also pretty sure that all parties took the word web literally, spawning (or is it spinning) a massive web of...wait for it...deceit.

I think u have finally uncovered the real rot below the surface of how BAD these guys are....also this is what u have found..i cant imagine how much more lays below the layers of lies and shell companys .....OM Fucking GOD

There is a 100% reliability that these guys are going to pull we ran out of money...gone out of business route !!!

anyone in any doubt now should get a REFUND IF U CAN !!!

Its as bad as we thought...and the apple is rotten to the core...

++

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:26:35 AM

Tried, convicted, spent 14 months in jail, and is still on probation.
A bit more than an IRS witch hunt.

I'd generally let something like this slide if it was a long time ago and has nothing to do with what someone is doing now.  For instance, if he ran a mail fraud 20 years ago and is now accused of robbing a bank, it isn't all that relevant.

However, when someone is running what looks awfully like the very mail fraud they were recently in prison for perpetrating, I am less inclined to cut slack and more inclined to think a leopard doesn't change its spots.

Hang on, let me get this straight, you'd be prepared to cut the guy some slack *if* he committed an armed bank robbery?!

Huh?  Learn to read.

Ok re-read it, still reads the same! Grin

I guess it needs to be in bold-faced with flashing letters for an idiot to understand a plain English sentence.

Wow, can't you take a joke? It's a joke on your blazé attitude to a more serious crime;

I'd generally let something like this slide if it was a long time ago and has nothing to do with what someone is doing now.   For instance, if he ran a mail fraud 20 years ago and is now accused of robbing a bank, it isn't all that relevant.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:01:51 PM

For starters, the charges you're referencing appear to have been little more than an IRS witch hunt. Maybe he voted Republican?  Roll Eyes

Perhaps Wrenchmonkey and Mr. Vleisides have more in common than we thought.   Lips sealed

From his very first post, 330 posts ago...

So I hate adding fluff to forums, but I guess that's where I am for the time being.

Speaking of riding the short bus, I present a line from his second post...

Very generous of you. I've been buying copper, since I can't afford precious metals.

Yet he's able to afford a place to store a couple tons of copper to eventually sell it for ten grand, profit made once he subtracts his investment cost.

Even if he's going the save-the-copper-pennies route, he'll need to amass 292,000 pennies to equal a ton. If he sells the pennies at $.05 (5 cents each), he'll earn a whopping 400% profit, having ONLY his time and storage space for the pennies as his overheard, netting him a $11,680 ROI in who-knows-when.

Here's what 2.5 tons of pennies looks like with a face value of only $10,000 being that their mixed clad:

If all copper, and at five cents each, his profit would be $40,000.

Here's a comment quoted from the source of the image: http://davidszondy.blogspot.com/2006/08/penny-millionaire.html

Kim said...

I would love to make this and start collecting pennies. Does anyone know what the dimensions are for this?

Obviously she's no Sherlocks Holmes, for clearly one could easily deduce it's approximately 2' X 2' X 7' (the plaque is at eye level, thus a 7' max height; the floor tiles are 12" square).

But let's assume he's the driver of the short bus, and doesn't collect pennies. He's then paying spot for copper bullion which, by the way, will take up a helluva lot more space and have a much higher investment involved. Let's hope he's wearing his glasses and sees the STOP sign straight ahead, otherwise there's going to be some messed up special people, all with pre-orders at BFL.

Wow, schizophrenic much? This is like watching Russel Crowe 'decrypt the Russian secrets in the newspapers,' minus the whole 'brilliant human being' part.

I occasionally buy copper Bullion, when I can pick it up below spot. Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows that bullion is easier to store than coins. Copper is sold by the POUND or more, to most serious buyers, and a pile of 5lb ingots is MUCH easier to store than 5 lbs of pennies. I do know some penny hoarders (and they don't do mixed clad, they do 100% pure copper pennies, and discard the clad at face value), but since it's illegal to melt US currency down, I don't bother. Copper storage doesn't require a special facility, nor does investment necessitate a physical holding of the stuff. Read up on "futures trading", if you're interested in educating yourself.

The bullion I've bought over the past few years has appreciated quite nicely, and will continue to do so as quantitative easing drives inflation. Same story for the futures I've traded.

You people want to reduce everything to an argumentum ad hominem, and appeal to motive, any time somebody disagrees with your narrow world view. It's actually pretty entertaining, albeit predictable.

Now get back to lickin' them windows, boy. I don't know why I keep having to remind you...

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1018

Next Generation Web3 Casino

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:38:03 PM

I continued to be surprised how strong sales are for BFL even to this day. Guess it goes to show you how much of an impact advertising can have, and how this sizzle is often more important than the steak.

I can also understand somewhat how folks who haven't read too much about Bitcoin, or much at all on these forums, could be seduced into buying a sexy BFL 'pre-order' after punching in basic numbers into that top Google ranked Bitcoin mining calculator, which has the big prominent BFL ad on the same page.

What I don't understand is how so many people could be so screwed by this company, and yet, how very few seem to request refunds.  Even let's suppose BFL ships in 2 months or so. How can you justify being lied to repeatedly and still trust this company -- there is no way in hell they could have expected to finish their product in any of the initial timelines they regularly proclaimed.  

And if you even then presumed that they were being honest when saying '1 or 2 more weeks' for the last forever, (and going great lengths to win that 'shipping' bet) then you would than logically have to suppose that the level of BFL's incompetence is such that it'd be a far better investment to move your BTC anywhere elsewhere.

Get a refund while you can. Cut your losses.

█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
█████████████▄▀███████▄▄
███████▄▄████▀▄██▀▀█▀██▄▄▄██▄▄
█████▄████████████████▄▀█▄██████▄▄
████▀▄█▄█████████████████▄▀█████████▄
░▄█████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀██████▌████
░▀████████████████████▀▄█▀███▀████
░░▀███████████▀████████▀▄███████
███▀█████████████▀██████████████
████▀████████████████▀██████████
█████▀██▀▀██████████████▀█████▀

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
hexed

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:07:47 PM

Tried, convicted, spent 14 months in jail, and is still on probation.
A bit more than an IRS witch hunt.

I'd generally let something like this slide if it was a long time ago and has nothing to do with what someone is doing now.  For instance, if he ran a mail fraud 20 years ago and is now accused of robbing a bank, it isn't all that relevant.

However, when someone is running what looks awfully like the very mail fraud they were recently in prison for perpetrating, I am less inclined to cut slack and more inclined to think a leopard doesn't change its spots.

From what I've read, he was brought in to help run an already established self-funded off-shore gambling pool that the IRS wasn't a fan of, and was rounded up as a part of that. The two years in jail in Italy was while he was fighting an extradition order.

Again, I've seen enough people railroaded by the IRS for having the wrong politics to not give too much credence to a witch hunt that ended in a plea bargain.

Since when is the IRS in charge of "mail fraud"? The whole thing stinks of trumped up charges and a witch hunt. But of course, it's great fodder for the people who already have an ax to grind with BFL.

Wrenchmonkey has clearly not read the press releases, the charges filed by the department of justice, or the extradition order.
Or if he has, he is just willfully ignoring that it was the Department of Justice, the US Postal Inspector (in charge of hunting down mail fraud), and the IRS.
Notice how I posted links to actual public documents detailing the crime, investigation, trial, and conviction of Sonny. Notice how he rebutted this argument with "I read somewhere on the internet that Sonny was cool and the IRS was on a witchhunt".

Watching him perform mental gymnastics to polish the reputation (and probably the knob) of Sonny is hilarious.

Once again, I have no doubt that the IRS wrote up a real pretty bloviating inditement, they're good at that. It's about all they're good at. I'm not "polishing" his reputation, just observing what the good ol us.gov likes to do.

If anybody thinks that BFL is a fraud, don't order (or cancel your order and get a refund). Most people bringing it up don't actually believe it's a fraud, but just want to drag his name through the mud. OP included.

Except it was the Department of Justice who indicted him.
You could read the indictment here:
http://ia600409.us.archive.org/34/items/gov.uscourts.cacd.383556/gov.uscourts.cacd.383556.8.0.pdf
But you won't.

Don't let facts derail your sad little attempt to cover up the criminal record of Sonny. Please tell us more about "stuff you read somewhere on the internets about how Sonny is a great guy".

I never said Sonny is a "great guy". I've never met him. I said that it appears to be a witch hunt. You sure do like to distort other people's words, don't you. Go back to licking the windows, idiot.

Once again, cirtually nobody commenting actually believes that BFL is a fraud. They just have an ax to grind, and digging up dirt is the best way for them to accomplish that.

On what possible basis could you equate 5 guys convicted of a 20 million dollar mail fraud scheme that stole money from senior citizens to "a witch hunt"?
Please provide links to your evidence. I don't want to hear more of your "I read it somewhere on the internet".

Also, notifying potential investors in BFL of Sonny's conviction for fraud is not "dragging his name through the mud". Unless your name happens to be Sonny. Then I can understand why you are so upset that so many people have brought this up in threads about BFL. It would also make sense why you defend BFL no matter what the evidence against you is.

At least you haven't eaten at a 4 start restaurant.

..it is spelled "star" oh great troller of the trolling trolls...  I bet you haven't eaten at a "4 Start" restaurant either...

next time your trolling gets so thin that you have to resort to calling people out for spelling mistakes.. make sure to keep your posts clear of the same stupid mistakes.

If you and wrenchmonkey ceased to be on this forum, it would make it much easier to find things
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:11:17 PM

What are you trying to find? Bitching and moaning from the OP? Hint: it's on every page of this thread, and most pages of most other threads involving BFL.  Wink

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:17:54 PM

What are you trying to find? Bitching and moaning from the OP? Hint: it's on every page of this thread, and most pages of most other threads involving BFL.  Wink

Hardly surprising. People tend to complain when they're constantly lied to.

centove

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:24:52 PM

Seems to be a small handful of people making all the noise?

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:30:15 PM

On what possible basis could you equate 5 guys convicted of a 20 million dollar mail fraud scheme that stole money from senior citizens to "a witch hunt"?
Please provide links to your evidence. I don't want to hear more of your "I read it somewhere on the internet".

Also, notifying potential investors in BFL of Sonny's conviction for fraud is not "dragging his name through the mud". Unless your name happens to be Sonny. Then I can understand why you are so upset that so many people have brought this up in threads about BFL. It would also make sense why you defend BFL no matter what the evidence against you is.

At least you haven't eaten at a 4 start restaurant.

..it is spelled "star" oh great troller of the trolling trolls...  I bet you haven't eaten at a "4 Start" restaurant either...

next time your trolling gets so thin that you have to resort to calling people out for spelling mistakes.. make sure to keep your posts clear of the same stupid mistakes.

If you and wrenchmonkey ceased to be on this forum, it would make it much easier to find things

Since you just got to the internet yesterday, I will explain to you the difference between a typo and not knowing how a word is spelled. A typo is a one time mistake due to a failure in manual dexterity (usually while using the keyboard). Not knowing how a word is spelled will often result in a continuous stream of identical errors. Moreover, there is irony in someone claiming to be an expert in "inditements" because he has read so many legal documents but never got enough out of them to learn how the word was spelled.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake though, I will go fix my error.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:32:36 PM

That is part of the problem. There is so much evidence about the history of BFL that people just see a wall of text and refuse to read it. Thus it just comes across as "noise".

Since we cannot rely on people to read, we have to continuously dispel nonsense brought up by the Wrenchmonkeys of the world.

bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:44:08 PM

No, his orders weren't just canceled, he was banned from doing business with them. Do you think he's allowed to place another order? Doubt it. This constitutes a ban (ie blacklisting). Look it up: dictionary.com.

They have 'turned the other cheek'. Again, you are willfully ignorant of the facts here. This isn't an isolated incident where he lost his cool. He made a habit of trashing them at every opportunity. You don't think that him (and others like him) turning up in every thread that mentions BFL in order to spread FUD and vitriol impacts their business? REEEEALY?  Roll Eyes

Go try and run a restaurant with people pissing all over the windows all the time, and see how that works out for you.

"Sir, you need to stop pissing on the windows, or leave."
"But I'm a customer! I'm waiting on my order, and I'm just doing whatever I feel like while I wait!"
"That doesn't give you license to piss on the windows. Here's your money back, now leave, and don't come back."
"Do you see him repressing me? Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Except your "restaurant" has 1,000's of customers who are hungry and have been waiting for 11 months for their food. The restroom is full of urine and feces, the storeroom is full, the waiting area is full, the only place to "relieve" one's self IS on the windows.

Analogy fail.

The BFL debacle is not like any other normal business scenario.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:04:37 PM

What are you trying to find? Bitching and moaning from the OP? Hint: it's on every page of this thread, and most pages of most other threads involving BFL.  Wink

That is part of the problem. There is so much evidence about the history of BFL that people just see a wall of text and refuse to read it. Thus it just comes across as "noise".

Since we cannot rely on people to read, we have to continuously dispel nonsense brought up by the Wrenchmonkeys of the world.

There's also a difference between what I said, and what you actually accuse me of saying. I didn't say I was an "expert" on anything. I said I've read plenty of legal documents.

The questions was asked why anybody would place an order with a company who X,Y,Z. I responded as to why I (being one of those people) placed an order with said company, in spite of X,Y,Z. And was attacked for it. Don't ask the fucking question if you don't want the answer.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:15:41 PM

@wrenchmonkey

Why do you invest so much time defending BFL  Huh

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: